Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement (6518 Views)

IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far / Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 4:21am On Jan 19, 2022
I'm afraid i can't name endorsing bodies on this platform. Its a public forum. It could be seen as a way of advertising for the endorsing body which the home office disagree with. All I can say is go to the UK home office website and lookup startup visa. On that page you will see a list of approved endorsing bodies. Just click on each one of them and shoot them an email. Despite the fact that I have received an endorsement one of them send me an email asking to send my business plan for assessment
As regards the software, you can google Liveplan, bplans, upmetrics. They have free and premium plans for your biz plan. If you still require further help just follow my signature and send a msg, I will be so glad to help. I hope that answers your question
Olurinade10:
Congratulations bro

We would be pleased if you can help us in totality by revealing the softwares used, the endorsing company and other helpful tips .

Appreciate!

quote author=buster post=109477127]To everyone reading, is this the pathway you would consider to immigrate to the UK? There are several factors to consider. Remember this Visa category allows you to bring your spouse and kids to the UK. Tuition is free for children before their university education. Healthcare is free. Good infrastructure and working governing system

5 Likes

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by SocialJustice: 7:30am On Jan 19, 2022
buster:
To start with your first question, you can live anywhere in the United Kingdom. Furthermore, I do not believe that there is any visa that is 100% guaranteed. What I can say is you have a very high chance when you get an endorsement. In almost all cases endorsement leads to visa. There are cases where the UK embassy would require more clarification in your business plan or if they believe that your business idea does not meet the criteria of Innovation, viability and scalability. In that case you might be in invited for an interview. Such case is so rare since the endorsing bodies have handled that part already
I kinda agree that it's cheaper compared to studying but it all depends on your plan and what you hope to achieve. You can pay a business development consultant but before an endorsing body issue you the endorsement letter, you guys would have a zoom meeting and they would ask you questions about the business. So if you are so sure that after the consultant write the plan and you can study it so well to answer any question, then you are fine. I choose to write the plan my self because this business is my baby. It took months to develop the program, researched the market available for the product in the UK. I applied for the start up visa with the aim to build my business. Some people might use it as a way to enter the UK and then switch to another visa category
Thanks for your clarification. The business I really want to do in the UK isn't innovative but scalable and viable. I'll go through my business idea archive to see the innovative idea I have there. Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by SocialJustice: 11:49am On Jan 20, 2022
buster:
Application Process:
After I got my endorsement, I reactivated an old dormant bank account.
I deposited the equivalent of £1270 (proof of funds) and waited for 30 days before making a visa application.
I sent a copy of my BSC certificate and transcript to a credential evaluation agency called NARIC to access my credential as proof that I can communicate in English to waive IELTS-£55

Fees required for the Visa (That I paid)
- Application Fee - £363
- Health Surcharge Fee for two years of the visa duration: - £1248
- Police Report (I didn't pay the embassy for this) – N10,000
- Tuberculosis test - $150

I applied online and then got an appointment for biometrics.

I used a value-added service (Its optional) where I paid N11,700 to help with arranging and uploading my documents
Got notified in approximately 2 weeks for passport pickup

OYA MAKE WE CALCULATE

£55 (Nari) - N31,072

£363- N205,000

£1248(Health Surcharge) - 705,061.53 - Na dis wan really choke me

Police Report - N10,000

TB test ($150) - N62,125

Value Added Service - N11,700

Account student service - N4,000

First Biz Plan Software ($20*2) - N16,572

2nd Biz Plan Software - N13,257

3rd Biz Plan Software - N12,000

Endorsement Fee (£500) - N282,537

Total - N1,353,324.53

Conclusion
Is it worth it? We are going to have lots of differences of opinion. But if you ask me, I think it's worth knowing the value of my business.
You omitted the money you deposited in account, please add £1270 proof of funds.

Will the accelerator provide funding for your business?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by uchdollar111: 8:17pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nice one at OP. This is really commendable, so how long did it take you from applying for endorsement to getting the visa?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Heritantrade(m): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2022
buster:
Hello Nairalanders. Recently I got an endorsement for the UK startup visa and I am still amazed how easy the process from start to finish without the help of an agent or anyone. I am here to share with you guys the whole process. Kindly indicate your interest before I begin. If you ve got Japa plans, jump in here and gain some insights on how to get the UK Startup Visa

Good morning bro,
Please � i have some important question to ask you kindly mail me via my email address
bankolefolayemi@gmail.com
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
Proof of funds is my own money. I didn't pay it in. My calculation was based on the money spent. To your question. The accelerator will not provide you with funding. All they would do is provide you with resource support in building and scaling your business. You are expected to work full time to to raise funds for your startup
SocialJustice:
You omitted the money you deposited in account, please add £1270 proof of funds.

Will the accelerator provide funding for your business?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Provided you have every other document ready (bank statements, IELTS) It takes 2 - 3 weeks tops
uchdollar111:
Nice one at OP. This is really commendable, so how long did it take you from applying for endorsement to getting the visa?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by SocialJustice: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
buster:
Proof of funds is my own money. I didn't pay it in. My calculation was based on the money spent. To your question. The accelerator will not provide you with funding. All they would do is provide you with resource support in building and scaling your business. You are expected to work full time to to raise funds for your startup
OK, thanks. I'm currently working on an idea I can apply with. Really haven't come up with anything though. The innovation clause is really something difficult to meet.

Is your business idea 100% new or it already exists but you optimised it?

1 Like

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
100% new, but the technology exists in another sector. So I would say its a 100% new in the sector I ventured into
SocialJustice:
OK, thanks. I'm currently working on an idea I can apply with. Really haven't come up with anything though. The innovation clause is really something difficult to meet.

Is your business idea 100% new or it already exists but you optimised it?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Tolzeal(m): 10:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
buster:
100% new, but the technology exists in another sector. So I would say its a 100% new in the sector I ventured into

Man; Are you in anyways a programmer ? Or Business giy venturing into tech business.

Thanks
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by SocialJustice: 8:23am On Jan 24, 2022
buster:
OK, I get. Thanks.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by KazikageSama: 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2022
buster:
Hello Nairalanders. Recently I got an endorsement for the UK startup visa and I am still amazed how easy the process from start to finish without the help of an agent or anyone. I am here to share with you guys the whole process. Kindly indicate your interest before I begin. If you ve got Japa plans, jump in here and gain some insights on how to get the UK Startup Visa

Great thread. Thanks for sharing.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 1:38am On Feb 01, 2022
AI Engineer and Software developer. Please note, you business idea doesn't have to be in tech. It could be any business idea provided its Innovative, scalable and viable
Tolzeal:

Man; Are you in anyways a programmer ? Or Business giy venturing into tech business.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Tolzeal(m): 7:16am On Feb 01, 2022
buster:
AI Engineer and Software developer. Please note, you business idea doesn't have to be in tech. It could be any business idea provided its Innovative, scalable and viable

Thanks for the clarification brother. Is there a better platform to talk to you, please ?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by highcalling: 12:29am On Feb 09, 2022
@buster Thanks for sharing your journey with the house. I recently got an endorsement too but I just realized that your program fees are way more cheaper than what I have to pay. Please I would love to connect with you, i just sent you a dm on nairaland. Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Itstosinaanu: 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2022
@buster good evening please have gone through your tread and I must say that it has been of great help... please can you kindly reach out to me on oluwatosin317@gmail.com. I really need you to ask you some questions at this stage of my processing. Biko
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 11:40am On Feb 19, 2022
I dont charge any fees for information that i share. i didnt pay anyone for information on the UK startup visa. i did a whole lot of research and it took me months to develop my business plan. i decide to share this opportunity to people who would like to relocate to the UK via the startup visa route which is quite easy and fast

1 Like

Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Lordkross(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
Thank you for this eye opener my brother. It's a good one and doesn't really cost much. I will be giving it a try.

My question is, I have ideas and I know they'll fly, but my challenge is that I didn't do any University. Aside the degree certs and the IELTS test, is there no other options?

I hate that test faa, because I know I understand English to a reasonable extent.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by buster(m): 10:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
A university degree is not a requirement for a startup visa. You are required to prove that you can communicate in english language by writing IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5
Lordkross:
Thank you for this eye opener my brother. It's a good one and doesn't really cost much. I will be giving it a try.

My question is, I have ideas and I know they'll fly, but my challenge is that I didn't do any University. Aside the degree certs and the IELTS test, is there no other options?

I hate that test faa, because I know I understand English to a reasonable extent.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Lordkross(m): 7:57am On Feb 20, 2022
buster:
A university degree is not a requirement for a startup visa. You are required to prove that you can communicate in english language by writing IELTS with a minimum band score of 5.5

Ok bro, thanks. Will consider this route in June, will be visiting the US hopefully in Mid April.

Will put in for the start up after my return
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Adanri32: 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hi @buster Please can you help me with my application for start up visa. The first business idea you submitted before the comprehensive business plan how many pages was it and what did it cover. How can i reach outside nairaland. Thank you
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by pato405(m): 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Hi @buster, can you by any chance share a copy (via pm) of the business plan to serve as a guide?
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by klexofx: 5:36am On Apr 06, 2022
buster:
Hi I just got the innovator visa endorsement I was wondering if you could assist me by pointing me in the right direction for my proof of English proficiency . I tried messaging you privately .
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Peluolorun1: 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello bro, pls am also interested about the process . please you can chat me privately on my mail olasunboakinyemi@gmail.com.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by wetdspace(m): 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
I just sent you a message bro, I've been on this line since last year but got stocked.

I would appreciate a response.

Thanks bro.

buster:
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by cpapa: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
@buster nice innovation I would like to be part of it
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Peluolorun1: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is Akinyemi Olasunbo Taiwo, please I would like to chat with you privately for more clarification Sir.
You can reach out to me on olasunboakinyemi@gmail.com. thanks.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Gores: 11:18am On Apr 23, 2022
highcalling:
@buster Thanks for sharing your journey with the house. I recently got an endorsement too but I just realized that your program fees are way more cheaper than what I have to pay. Please I would love to connect with you, i just sent you a dm on nairaland. Thanks

Hi can you state which body you submitted to I have mailed some and they are asking for high fees

Also did you write the plan yourself or can you recommend anyone to write a solid one.

As the op stated I have tried the GTV endorsement in the past but endorsement rate is 50% with a cubersome requirement which is difficult to meet I want to give this a trial first
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Gores: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2022
The op started the thread and left it dead no other contributor has successfully followed this process

All effort to get the right endorsement body proof abortive after sending several mails all of them want money even before review

Who has successfully followed this process and got endorsement which body did poster use that charges after endorsement not before endorsement
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Royals1st: 6:52pm On May 08, 2022
@buster Please kindly explain how you were able to do your Pitch deck is the virtual pitch deck ? I need help regarding this virtual pitch deck please

God Bless you
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Lotusflowerbomb: 3:51pm On May 26, 2022
I don’t like that switching to innovator visa part? It doesn’t allow you to work. Some of us don’t want to do full-time business, side-hustle is preferable. We still want to work in paid employment. Hopefully there is another visa that comes out and doesn’t require COS.
Re: UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement by Olurinade10(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2022
Pls where is the op

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life In Belgium / Nigerian Resident Permit / Live And Work In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.