Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford (12174 Views)

Divine Oduduru Gets Six-year Ban For Doping / Israel Adesanya Gets Six-Month Medical Suspension After Blachowicz Defeat / Pogba Set To Be Benched For Man Utd's Premier League Return Against Tottenham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by insidenaijasblog: 5:05am On Jan 18, 2022
Brentford are reportedly in talks with Christian Eriksen over a return to football, with the Premier League club offering a six-month contract after suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during his country’s Euro 2020 meeting with Finland in Copenhagen last June, Newspremises has gathered.

Eriksen, 29, left Inter Milan earlier this season by mutual consent after Serie A rules would not allow the Dane to play with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD), which was fitted after his collapse during Denmark's game against Finland in Copenhagen.

The former Tottenham star has been linked with a return to the Premier League in recent weeks and the Bees are hoping to bring him to the Brentford Community Stadium.

It’s understood Brentford have offered Eriksen an initial six-month deal. That contract remains on the table, although Sportsmail has been told that no further talks with the player’s representatives have been held for more than a week.

A decision on his future is not expected until later this month and he is expected to move to England.

The 29-year-old previously worked under Brentford boss Thomas Frank in Denmark’s youth ranks and has several international teammates in the Bees dressing room. Midfielders Mathias Jensen and Christian Norgaard and defender Mathias Jorgensen are part of the Danish players at the club.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/christian-eriksen-set-for-premier-league-return-as-he-gets-six-month-offer-from-brentford/

2 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by paulolee(m): 5:06am On Jan 18, 2022
I think he should jus take a rest from football maybe for a year or 2, so wen he returns, his heart story would be off from our minds..
If he must play, he should join play or train with fielders team for now, get his confidence back n allow dt scar of that heart condition heal from our minds.
Him in brentfrod dis season, any rough tackle on him will quickly take our minds bk to de heart incidence asif he is a sickler...my opinion o

37 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by JuanJO(m): 5:12am On Jan 18, 2022
He will have his debut Against Manchester United on Wednesday night.

Coutihno Things.com grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Temisia(f): 5:13am On Jan 18, 2022
cool
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by okezuoemmanue(m): 5:13am On Jan 18, 2022
angry
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by mcayomind: 5:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Eriksen, those year I wish you're a Chelsea player.
Man with Key pass

15 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Benblaq(m): 5:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Heart problem is not something to gamble with. Take a look at Aguero, he retired over the same issue some months ago, which is advisable. EPL defenders play this type of harsh tackling and it might not go well. I am just concerned about Erik's health and not being pessimistic.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by tiswell(m): 5:20am On Jan 18, 2022
welcome back dear Erickson from Erickson dynasty
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2022
Welcome back Eriksen.

One of the best in the game.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Ifybwoy7: 5:35am On Jan 18, 2022
Good luck Christian, he wants to keep playing cause of the game he loves. hope he's fit to go.

4 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by sotall(m): 5:39am On Jan 18, 2022
Something must kill a man

After his near-death incident, if he was wise, he would retire and enjoy his career money in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Siberia01(m): 5:44am On Jan 18, 2022
embarassed

His granddad was the owner of Sony Ericsson

8 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by moshino(m): 5:55am On Jan 18, 2022
Benblaq:
Heart problem is not something to gamble with. Take a look at Aguero, he retired over the same issue some months ago, which is advisable. EPL defenders play this type of harsh tackling and it might not go well. I am just concerned about Erik's health and not being pessimistic.

Have you ever heard of Kanu Nwankwo?

Only Eriksen's cardiologist, and medical team can determine if he's fit to play.

19 Likes

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by ipobarethieves: 5:58am On Jan 18, 2022
cool owoseni,owonikoko,kowope grin grin grin cheesy.
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Qoko: 6:00am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:
I think he should jus take a rest from football maybe for a year or 2, so wen he returns, his heart story would be off from our minds..
If he must play, he should join play or train with fielders team for now, get his confidence back n allow dt scar of that heart condition heal from our minds.
Him in brentfrod dis season, any rough tackle on him will quickly take our minds bk to de heart incidence asif he is a sickler...my opinion o
My opinions too, I wish he could enjoy his football earnings in peace
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Reference(m): 6:18am On Jan 18, 2022
Hmmm... and at 29...in this 100 mph league for a high tempo team....
Abeg, I won't be watching his matches.
They should just sit his ass down to train the kids.

1 Like

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by chaseblack(m): 6:23am On Jan 18, 2022
He won't go
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by FireUpNow(m): 6:29am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:
I believe his doctor other cadios would have advised him that his heart condition is good to go for continuing playing football, he shouldn't be allowed to play full 90 minutes. kanu Nwakwo comes to mind after issue with inter Milan and later went to Arsenal where he did very well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Gbest90(m): 6:40am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:
Even if he decided to rest for 300yrs. The incident will still become fresh the moment he steps on the pitch again.

I would have advised he hangs his boots from here.

I mean he's had a wonderful career already, has nothing more to prove to anybody and isn't the youngest anymore.

But then, even if he decides to still play, of all leagues in the world, why choose the Premier League. (The most physical league in the world)

E be like the guy village people strong gan.
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by thundafire: 6:42am On Jan 18, 2022
This guy should not die in England him don't want to rest
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Angelfrost(m): 6:45am On Jan 18, 2022
This guy should retire and start his coaching career... Whatever he is trying to prove on the pitch is definitely not worth it.
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Vasically: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2022
Wait, the guy is still playing? Won't he rest? grin Meanwhile, Get responsive website, Free Domain & Hosting Registration & SEO at affordable price. Check my signature for contact details
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Oysters(m): 6:47am On Jan 18, 2022
*sniffs* cry

so touching. Brentford, may you never get relegated for 3 seasons
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Christmasdon(m): 6:52am On Jan 18, 2022
paulolee:
.He has a family TO carter for he gat bills to pay, HOUSE RENT. KIDS N WIFE NEEDS Shelter,food.clothings.
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Authoreety: 6:57am On Jan 18, 2022
Helo
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by ZombieTERROR: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2022
Guy should just retire... not like he's 21

he had a good Carrier.. made money and fame
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Obiebanks007(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2022
Siberia01:
embarassed

His granddad was the owner of Sony Ericsson

This one got me....lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by chaseblack(m): 7:42am On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by Creamz(m): 7:48am On Jan 18, 2022
Good for him. But should he notice anything making him uncomfortable, he should just resign from playing football like Aguero and move forward to some other things
Re: Eriksen Set For Premier League Return As He Gets Six-Month Offer From Brentford by yinkeys(m): 7:54am On Jan 18, 2022
Benblaq:
He should be optimistic
He would get back into the game slowly
Life is a risk
What about Kanu Nwankwo?
People taught Kanu was finished but he returned to win an FA cup for Portsmouth
Besides Brentford isn’t Tottenham or Inter Milan so most of their matches would be once a week

My issue is that this guy might just bench our own Frank Onyeka

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Latifa Tijani Wins Nigeria's First Gold Medal / I’m Ready To Coach Super Eagles Again – Sunday Oliseh / Everton Confirm Appointment Of Duncan Ferguson As Caretaker Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.