Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 (8021 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Men's Title?

Rafael Nadal: 41% (10 votes)
Novak Djokovic: 25% (6 votes)
Roger Federer: 25% (6 votes)
Andy Murray: 8% (2 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2011
rokiatu:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

sorry rokiatu.

I'm gald Djoko won, I prefer that as against Nadal getting nearer to overhaul Fed cheesy. But like emofine noted, it's good to have a 3-way rivalry. Now it seems Fed would always prefer meeting Novak in any final while Rafal will pray to meet Fed in final. Novak will now be praying to meet Nadal in any final as he is still perfecting ways of finishing Fed up. This is a new era of rivalry
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by mystikal(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
remove federer from that top list.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
Very un-Nadallike i must say or maybe Djokovic just raised his game a notch i think its more of the latter! The kind of balls i saw Djoker return that day had my jaws to the floor!! Lets see if he can keep this kind of tennis up! The US open is up and as we all know the hardcourt is his favorite surface and you have to wonder can he be stopped this year? I also think King Rafa needs to put a little umph in his serves
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by viewlekan: 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2011
A-40:

Very un-Nadallike i must say or maybe Djokovic just raised his game a notch i think its more of the latter! The kind of balls i saw Djoker return that day had my jaws to the floor!! Lets see if he can keep this kind of tennis up! The US open is up and as we all know the hardcourt is his favorite surface and you have to wonder can he be stopped this year? I also think King Rafa needs to put a little umph in his serves

I agree with you on this. Novak has evidently upped his game and his hardwork has been rewarded with a 46-1 winning record this year. There is no gain saying he is the favourite for the US open as the hard courts are his fav, but saying that, he has two formidable challengers in the form of Nadal and Fed, dangerous opponents to say the least!

There are two ways this would play out: Nadal and Fed coming through with a vengeance and regaining their hegemonic hold on men's tennis or Novak showing he is truly number one! that remains to be seen.

One crucial point you made is Nadal's first serves, totally ridiculous at Wimbledon, I was shocked! hope he improves on it. He was broken several times at the tourney and that is what eventually caused him the much needed 11th Grand slam!

As for Murray, he has a lot to learn and I dont think he has a chance till next year at the least!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Win Bets Using The Over 1.5 Goals Soccer Trading Strategy / Tips180.com / Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.