Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why You Should Be Choosy About Who To Settle Down With - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Should Be Choosy About Who To Settle Down With (503 Views)

Unmarried Nairalanders: When Do You Plan To Settle Down ? / Be Choosy What You Expose Your Young Children To / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Be Choosy About Who To Settle Down With by Heloct(f): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2022
This is going to be fun.

My points are basic so you might know them already.

Relationships are wonderful when we choose right.

When people are like 'he isn't my type, I just don't think she's right for me.' You are always quick to talk them down and categorize them into being picky.

I will advise you to be picky. It is the best chance you have in getting it right.

Come on, I can pick what to eat, pick what to wear, reject some things others enjoy but I can't do the same with a partner?

A life partner?!

When a guy comes, friends might advise you to just take him. He's doing well for himself, he has a nice life, he's a cool guy. What more are you looking for?

Lol. For real? What more are you looking for?

Are those enough really? If you choose someone because they are nice, I don't know what to say to you.

...Or if you choose a guy because he is funny. Haha.

A funny guy might make you cry. Your home might be boring. Maybe he's just funny to the world and that was how you met him.

But a guy that brings laughter to the home, who makes everyday count, who is a friend. No one else has to know. He doesn't have to be a comedian before he makes you laugh.

I can't tell you how to choose. But I can tell you some of your choosing points have expiration dates.. I mean the slim frame, the flat tummy, the arse, the vacations and the treats.

It will not always be there. So, you might choose for a bigger picture. A bigger frame.

You could still be so choosy and end up with the wrong person. These things don't come with manuals.

Food comparison keeps getting in my head so forgive me.

Let's say you don't like Dodo. Many people would be amazed. They would be surprised.. It's only a few of us who don't.

If you try it out and keep forcing it in, you might end up wanting more. We all had meals we rejected in the past but can't do without now.

But let's say you kept rejecting it, you kept reaffirming it, you bring everyone up to date. 'I DON'T LIKE DODO!'

Then, you won't get served with DODO!

You've filtered out the negatives.

So, being choosy has more to do with you than who you are choosing. You raise yourself, you nurture your mind, you grow, you read, you are up to date.

You reject what you don't like. It's easy.

You let the world know what you are like, then you get to see the mirror.

You don't sit down so lazily everyday and expect to be chosen by a career-minded person. No one sticks around with a loser. The job, however, doesn't end when you meet your chosen choice.

And to be choosy, you have to be a price yourself.

PS: There are many factors that help us to choose right. God, love and comfort. It depends on how you are wired although you need them. It isn't just a game of instincts or luck. Good luck figuring it out.

https://helenaheloct..com/2022/01/why-you-should-be-choosy-about-who-to.html

Cc.. Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Be Choosy About Who To Settle Down With by Rubyjade: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2022
smiley
Heloct:
This is going to be fun.

My points are basic so you might know them already.

Relationships are wonderful when we choose right.

When people are like 'he isn't my type, I just don't think she's right for me.' You are always quick to talk them down and categorize them into being picky.

I will advise you to be picky. It is the best chance you have in getting it right.

Come on, I can pick what to eat, pick what to wear, reject some things others enjoy but I can't do the same with a partner?

A life partner?!

When a guy comes, friends might advise you to just take him. He's doing well for himself, he has a nice life, he's a cool guy. What more are you looking for?

Lol. For real? What more are you looking for?

Are those enough really? If you choose someone because they are nice, I don't know what to say to you.

...Or if you choose a guy because he is funny. Haha.

A funny guy might make you cry. Your home might be boring. Maybe he's just funny to the world and that was how you met him.

But a guy that brings laughter to the home, who makes everyday count, who is a friend. No one else has to know. He doesn't have to be a comedian before he makes you laugh.

I can't tell you how to choose. But I can tell you some of your choosing points have expiration dates.. I mean the slim frame, the flat tummy, the arse, the vacations and the treats.

It will not always be there. So, you might choose for a bigger picture. A bigger frame.

You could still be so choosy and end up with the wrong person. These things don't come with manuals.

Food comparison keeps getting in my head so forgive me.

Let's say you don't like Dodo. Many people would be amazed. They would be surprised.. It's only a few of us who don't.

If you try it out and keep forcing it in, you might end up wanting more. We all had meals we rejected in the past but can't do without now.

But let's say you kept rejecting it, you kept reaffirming it, you bring everyone up to date. 'I DON'T LIKE DODO!'

Then, you won't get served with DODO!

You've filtered out the negatives.

So, being choosy has more to do with you than who you are choosing. You raise yourself, you nurture your mind, you grow, you read, you are up to date.

You reject what you don't like. It's easy.

You let the world know what you are like, then you get to see the mirror.

You don't sit down so lazily everyday and expect to be chosen by a career-minded person. No one sticks around with a loser. The job, however, doesn't end when you meet your chosen choice.

And to be choosy, you have to be a price yourself.

PS: There are many factors that help us to choose right. God, love and comfort. It depends on how you are wired although you need them. It isn't just a game of instincts or luck. Good luck figuring it out.

https://helenaheloct..com/2022/01/why-you-should-be-choosy-about-who-to.html

Cc.. Lalasticlala
Re: Why You Should Be Choosy About Who To Settle Down With by jboycrb(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Mom Walk In On Her Son And His Manfriend Making Out (video) / Foods That Weakens The Bone....read And Take Note / When God Walked The Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.