Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1578 Views)

Help! There's Something Strange In My Room / My House Maid Has Become My Madam In My Own Home / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 18, 2022
Re: . by odinson1(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2022
Rent a new Apartment

5 Likes

Re: . by Ryda(m): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2022
Flesh and blood won't reveal the cause of ogiri smell in your house.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=odinson1 post=109469756]Rent a new Apartment[/quote
But I've been living here for 3 yrs☹️☹️☹️
Re: . by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Ryda:
Flesh and blood won't reveal the cause of ogiri smell in your house.
So what should I do?☹️☹️☹️
Re: . by Ryda(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:

So what should I do?☹️☹️☹️

Maybe we consult the gods to determine the cause of that smell

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 18, 2022
Your village people don come cheesy grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=Ryda post=109470154]

Maybe we consult the gods to determine the cause of that smell[/quote
Lol bros be serious na angry grin angry
Re: . by Ryda(m): 10:29am On Jan 18, 2022
Have you tried moving your freezer to see what's behind or underneath.

1 Like

Re: . by aikyg(m): 10:37am On Jan 18, 2022
This could be a rat or a snake. Most probably a snake. They go out in the morning and come to rest at night. You may want to fumigate the entire house.

1 Like

Re: . by illicit(m): 10:45am On Jan 18, 2022
That house is not good

A good house is suppose to be odourless undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 18, 2022
Ryda:
Have you tried moving your freezer to see what's behind or underneath.
It's a new freezer, I haven't started using it
Re: . by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2022
illicit:
That house is not good

A good house is suppose to be odourless undecided
I've lived here for 3 yrs ☹️ this odour just started recently
Re: . by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2022
aikyg:
This could be a rat or a snake. Most probably a snake. They go out in the morning and come to rest at night. You may want to fumigate the entire house.
Snake But I've cleaned everywhere and I saw nothing like that
Re: . by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:

....So? Abeg shift it and check. Also check on the compressor compartment to check if there's any dead something in there.
That you have not started using it is not a guarantee.

Everything is not spiritual biko.
Re: . by Ryda(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:

I know you're thinking of how you'll move that freezer, just do it OK.
Kindly check and give us feedback. smiley
Re: . by illicit(m): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:

I've lived here for 3 yrs ☹️ this odour just started recently

Ok

Maybe something died inside the walls, in the roof or under the floor
Re: . by SWATMan: 11:51am On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:
There's this strange odour that hangs at a corner of my house every night close to my freezer, but in the morning it will be gone, I'm a very clean person I give my house thorough cleaning everyday n weekends especially. And this odour smells heavily like "ogiri" or something like that and I don't know what to do anymore, cos I'm even embarrassed of allowing anyone spend a night with me. Please what should I do? I've even cleaned inside and out of the freezer and even removed it from that corner, yet the smell still comes every night.....
@lalasticlacla

Since it smells like ogiri, putrefaction must be going on around there which means it could be a dead rat or gecko. It's noticeable at night because of poor cross ventilation. Check your compressor compartment carefully the mystery could be lurking there.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
SWATMan:

Since it smells like ogiri, putrefaction must be going on around there which means it could be a dead rat or gecko. It's noticeable at night because of poor cross ventilation. Check your compressor compartment carefully the mystery could be lurking there.
Ok tnks
Re: . by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ryda:

I know you're thinking of how you'll move that freezer, just do it OK.
Kindly check and give us feedback. smiley
I've already moved the freezer, I changed the location the space is empty yet the smell still comes and hangs there only at night
Re: . by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
....So? Abeg shift it and check. Also check on the compressor compartment to check if there's any dead something in there.
That you have not started using it is not a guarantee.

Everything is not spiritual biko.
Bro, I don change the location of the freezer, that space dey empty, yet the smell still comes and hangs there only at night
Re: . by Richy4(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Check what your neighbours do for a living.... It could be smell coming from their homes... Since u said it was only at night the same odour comes... Breeze/ air can bring in any thing u know embarassed
Re: . by sisisioge: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Also,hope you dont have a rug in the house? They are the worst retainer of foul smell. A tiled floor,bare or rubber floor is always better.

Allow your freezer to defrost,then thoroughly clean and move it away from its usual location for a day. This will reveal where the smell is actually coming from. Something as simple as a fresh crayfish that fell into a crevice could cause it.

Check the walls beside the freezer....hope there are no crevices there too....

Air you place more even at night. Sometimes, you dont smell things in the day because the place is well aired. But at night when you lock up, the air become tighter.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
sisisioge:
Also,hope you dont have a rug in the house? They are the worst retainer of foul smell. A tiled floor,bare or rubber floor is always better.

Allow your freezer to defrost,then thoroughly clean and move it away from its usual location for a day. This will reveal where the smell is actually coming from. Something as simple as a fresh crayfish that fell into a crevice could cause it.

Check the walls beside the freezer....hope there are no crevices there too....

Air you place more even at night. Sometimes, you dont smell things in the day because the place is well aired. But at night when you lock up, the air become tighter.
The area where the smell comes there's nothing there, it'll just strangely appear at night and disappear by morning ☹️
And the whole place is tiled
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:
And this odour smells heavily like "ogiri" or something like that and I don't know what to do anymore, cos I'm even embarrassed of allowing anyone spend a night with me. Please what should I do? I've even cleaned inside and out of the freezer and even removed it from that corner, yet the smell still comes every night.....
If it is inside your fridge, call a technician to see what the problem is. If it is from the wall near your fridge, move your refrigerator to another area and observe if the smell still dey there. Else, you may want to go get your nose checked. undecided
Re: . by sisisioge: 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:

The area where the smell comes there's nothing there, it'll just strangely appear at night and disappear by morning ☹️
And the whole place is tiled

It is well o....is it a new occurrence? Could it be coming from the ceiling or attic? One night crawling rodent might be bringing a visitor to the top of the roof so you might have been looking at the wrong spot. Good luck with winning on this. Cheers.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If it is inside your fridge, call a technician to see what the problem is. If it is from the wall near your fridge, move your refrigerator to another area and observe if the smell still dey there. Else, you may want to go get your nose checked. undecided
It's not from the freezer, cos I've changed the location the smell just comes only at night and stays at an empty spot and it doesn't smell all over the house, just at that particular spot ☹️☹️
Re: . by mardis: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
This is strange, i swear. It will be more strange if you're the only one perceiving the odour. Trying calling another person to come and perceive and see
Re: . by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
Senomi:

It's not from the freezer, cos I've changed the location the smell just comes only at night and stays at an empty spot and it doesn't smell all over the house, just at that particular spot ☹️☹️
You may want to call your landlord then undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
mardis:
This is strange, i swear. It will be more strange if you're the only one perceiving the odour. Trying calling another person to come and perceive and see
I live with my brother, he was the one who first perceived the smell

(1) (Reply)

Our Son Is Officially 6months Today. (photos) / My Bigamist Boyfriend Tricked Me Into Marrying Him In Africa / Did Your Parents Ever Say "I Love U" When U Were Growing Up? Dont Lie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.