Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,499 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:34 PM

Help! There's Something Strange In My Room - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! There's Something Strange In My Room (63385 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. / My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by peedeeasobie(m): 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:
I know this isn't the right section. But I don't know the right one and so I opted to post here since it seems to have a lot of traffic.

Yesterday, I returned to my room to find a rat dead in the middle of it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be bothered. But this rat has clearly been bitten (pictures will be displayed below). I called a neighbour and we examined it. We were arguing if a snake could have done it, and if yes, why it didn't swallow it. In any case, we decided to leave it where it was to see if whatever killed it would return for it. I went to sleep at a friend's.

We returned this morning to find the dead rat gone. So, I called others to join me and we ransacked every nook and cranny of the room. We couldn't find anything threatening. But we did find another rat killed in much the same manner as the first (second picture).

It irks that I can't find what did this. I can't sleep in the room as it is. So please, experts in the house, help me to identify what it could be and what can be done.

Mods please help move to front page.

Check your ceiling.
Any space, no matter how small can pose a danger to you.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Dreytonisback(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
I don't like when people know the solution to things yet they still disturb people with house rent problems grin

OP Carry just 5k to the supermarket and buy Sniper
Don't mix it with anything, just spray it all over the corners of your room and some on your ceiling, ensure you spray it well, if you can't then get someone to help you

Don't sleep home that day, just come back the next morning and you're good, then also look for any hole in ur room , cover it up

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by udomma1005(m): 3:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
Snakes don't bite like that,it's certainly a carnivores bite__cat suspected!

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Spy360(m): 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:
I know this isn't the right section. But I don't know the right one and so I opted to post here since it seems to have a lot of traffic.

Yesterday, I returned to my room to find a rat dead in the middle of it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be bothered. But this rat has clearly been bitten (pictures will be displayed below). I called a neighbour and we examined it. We were arguing if a snake could have done it, and if yes, why it didn't swallow it. In any case, we decided to leave it where it was to see if whatever killed it would return for it. I went to sleep at a friend's.

We returned this morning to find the dead rat gone. So, I called others to join me and we ransacked every nook and cranny of the room. We couldn't find anything threatening. But we did find another rat killed in much the same manner as the first (second picture).

It irks that I can't find what did this. I can't sleep in the room as it is. So please, experts in the house, help me to identify what it could be and what can be done.

It must have been eaten by nkapi. Those rats with long mouths.

2 Likes

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2022
na wa o.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by franklingud(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
OP rush out now, go and buy bitter kola 4 pieces.

Throw them in the 4 corners of your room. The extreme edges.

Don't even bother to peel the back.

Whatever it is will run away on it's own.

5 Likes

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by YourFavorite21(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
How can small Nkapi eat , such a big rat?

Op, e be like say na long animal dey ur room o
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
E be like say na python dey live with u, better carry ur slippers run oo

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Biggie2000(m): 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Get a a fresh rat. Bite the rat, then drop the rat in the middle of your room. Get a CCTV camera installed in your room, then wait to see the animal that will come and collect the rat from your room when you're gone. It's that time we will know whether it's a cat, a rat or just your hungry neighbor that eats rats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Bauer1: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
Oga do u know what a shrew is go and do reseaech on shrew its a rat with long snout that has this body smell that makes a squeaking sound they prey on other rats when food is scarce

This is more like it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by phemmyfour: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Check your ceiling for cat
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Sheuns(m): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Install a high res camera in your room and put a rat as bait. You’ll get what’s coming to kill rats there.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by badboyTee(m): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
U must be a very dirty human being see your parker sef

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Gentlevip: 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
The vampire diaries
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Johel(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Beware of bites or scratch...there might be Zombies around..

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Nyanabo(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
I think it might be a cat. From the pictures you would see the chew cuts on the dead rats body .
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Eerie as fvck… I experienced this 2weeks ago! I mean I wacked the shit out this rat dead flat.. Came 15mns back later on to have it disposed off properly… It’s been eaten off right by the side, Quite concerning I decided to leave it there….. Same night 2hrs later I came back same spot and this rat been eaten off … Nothing left, just the wet spot it bled on…

Well, Maybe Cat…… Or maybe a bigger rat went cannibalistic on its own grin

3 Likes

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by pikechukwu6(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
Chai... Holy gram! Them done dey find you. Better run for your life because your village peoples are on it again grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by clericuzzio(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

If you suspect snake, then put some seeds of bitter kola around.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Michelle70(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
Oga do u know what a shrew is go and do reseaech on shrew its a rat with long snout that has this body smell that makes a squeaking sound they prey on other rats when food is scarce
shrew will not live its food to eat back later.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by OlawaleBammie: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

guy na asin dey do fumigation for ur room, asin na that rat wey hin mouth dey long but hin tail dey short, e con dey smell anyhow.

Dem dey kill rat chop anyhow, find lime orange and put in ur room, u can cut the oranges open
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Chiefecho(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
It is called jobaje ofolowar
It is normally creepy enough to fold itself to the size of a lizard
Simply look for a insect killer poison a fresh meat a set it at the same position you set the second rat
If no results yields then I advise you infugate the room by spraying snake killer

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Bigchristo: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

It’s cat that lives in your ceiling that’s killing the rats, fumigate your house and surroundings, not everything you attribute to spiritual attack
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Patented: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Looks like something a cat or some other predator would have done and not a snake. Check that room well. A creature has access from somewhere. If in doubt jejely fumigate
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by mariovito(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Exactly, OP you have a shrew or nkaku or nkapi in your house. It shouldn't be difficult to know, they usually leave a very foul pungent smell wherever they're.
lilbarracuda:
There's a shrew in your room

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by fullnetwork: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
Maybe u dey share room with Ogun. Allow am chop rat o or else, na your meat e go chop cheesy
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by profmallor: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
Thats a shrew(asin) at times they make noise and are very smelly especially the males. They are quite elusive and eat rats, worms and other creatures. One probably gains access to your room and hunts the rats. Set a mouse trap(those gums) they are quite effective.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by cricifixo: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
You've said it all
lilbarracuda:
There's a shrew in your room
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by ekaette1621: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
Have you asked Buhari? He knows about it
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by emmyN(m): 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:

That's the same rat that causes lassa fever, innit? OP needs to be very careful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / My Husband Is Too Jealous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.