Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Help! There's Something Strange In My Room - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! There's Something Strange In My Room (63563 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. / My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by ukaface(f): 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Zombie invasion
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by teemy(m): 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Lace the dead rat with something so that its predator will die what the rat is being consumed.

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Switruth: 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
Oga do u know what a shrew is go and do reseaech on shrew its a rat with long snout that has this body smell that makes a squeaking sound they prey on other rats when food is scarce
I wanted to write same but found out that you’ve said it all. When I was in Warri with my elder brother we had rats all over cos we dey face me I face u that time so rodents were in their large numbers and now we decided to finish them. The first gum trap we set caught a rat so I decided to leave it till morning.. before morning the rat was gone with blood and it’s furs on the trap. The next night I set another one by 2 am I went to check and it caught another rat again I decided to leave it till morning. My dear when I woke up in the mornin I found out that a shrew has been caught also by the trap but this time it has already eaten the trapped rat half way in the same trap. You’re very correct. It’s not witchcraft abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by StrictlyStreet: 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
Do Fashola style; set a camera.

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by rolams(m): 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:
I know this isn't the right section. But I don't know the right one and so I opted to post here since it seems to have a lot of traffic.

Yesterday, I returned to my room to find a rat dead in the middle of it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be bothered. But this rat has clearly been bitten (pictures will be displayed below). I called a neighbour and we examined it. We were arguing if a snake could have done it, and if yes, why it didn't swallow it. In any case, we decided to leave it where it was to see if whatever killed it would return for it. I went to sleep at a friend's.

We returned this morning to find the dead rat gone. So, I called others to join me and we ransacked every nook and cranny of the room. We couldn't find anything threatening. But we did find another rat killed in much the same manner as the first (second picture).

It irks that I can't find what did this. I can't sleep in the room as it is. So please, experts in the house, help me to identify what it could be and what can be done.

Mods please help move to front page.

Go and fumigate the room. That's all!
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by afroangel(f): 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:
I know this isn't the right section. But I don't know the right one and so I opted to post here since it seems to have a lot of traffic.

Yesterday, I returned to my room to find a rat dead in the middle of it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be bothered. But this rat has clearly been bitten (pictures will be displayed below). I called a neighbour and we examined it. We were arguing if a snake could have done it, and if yes, why it didn't swallow it. In any case, we decided to leave it where it was to see if whatever killed it would return for it. I went to sleep at a friend's.

We returned this morning to find the dead rat gone. So, I called others to join me and we ransacked every nook and cranny of the room. We couldn't find anything threatening. But we did find another rat killed in much the same manner as the first (second picture).

It irks that I can't find what did this. I can't sleep in the room as it is. So please, experts in the house, help me to identify what it could be and what can be done.

Mount a camera......the truth will come calling
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by ednut1(m): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
A bigger rat ate it
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by leomarz007: 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Well from the look of things, I'd say you need to park everything out of the room without changing the rats position. Put a CCTV camera overnight and viola you'd see the beast you've been living with.

But if you need the African meaning, well you're currently a roommate of a vamp.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by alamin0506(m): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
You’ve got moonrat as housemate, Yeah, it’s does prey on other Rats specie. The rat with long mouth and a pungent smell.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Olam09(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Which kind camera una dey use take picture self??
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by nullbyte: 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
lilbarracuda:
There's a shrew in your room

Yes I believe same.....first thought I had.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Rubbiish(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
franklingud:
OP rush out now, go and buy bitter kola 4 pieces.

Throw them in the 4 corners of your room. The extreme edges.

Don't even bother to peel the back.

Whatever it is will run away on it's own.
Is bitter kola this powerful against rodents?
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Femeto: 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
Cat dey your room.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Flier: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
alamin0506:
You’ve got moonrat as housemate, Yeah, it’s does prey on other Rats specie. The rat with long mouth and a pungent smell.
I was about to write this,you are very correct

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Angy55(f): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
Oga do u know what a shrew is go and do reseaech on shrew its a rat with long snout that has this body smell that makes a squeaking sound they prey on other rats when food is scarce

That Rat that causes Lassa fever
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by ask4chigozirim(m): 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
[color=#000099][/color] I have experienced such in my flat on several occasion , but still trying to figure what it means
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by iykesampson: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Beefore drawing a conclusion that its spiritual or physical attack .....I would advice you install a CCTV camera to capture clearly all corners of the room.

Also, you can intentionally put life rats ( 2 or more ) in your room ....to entice the pre.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Zubydeangelo(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kharol1234:
No be snake na Ant
I killed one last night because it was late I left it there this morning Ant don remove some flesh from its mouth. And you know rat are cannibals too, when there is no food they tend to fight each other and eat themselves.
You nailed it...
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Oxtertee(m): 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
I can bet it with you a shrew(asin) is hiding somewhere in that house. They can squeeze their self through a tiny hole a regular ran can't access, making you to doubt their access to the room. I have had many encounter with this it. Get a small trap, use part of the dead rat or meat to trap it. They are very wise and won't cross a glue board trap as the have great sense of smell.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by IgOga(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
Spy camera will unravel the mystery
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by moneyissweet(m): 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2022
There is nothing like experts here.You are lucky that you have where to sleep for the time being .

Just park out of that house before they kill you o

That house is evil.

Bauer1:

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Hungerbadoo: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
Snake + Cat oga chose one... No go the reason spiritual things. The suspect here is Tom cos na Jerry die so.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Babara1994(m): 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Simple. Leave a rat in ur room and monitor the area with ur camera
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by CheedyJ(m): 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
Cat, but this your House nawa ooo, no carpet ?
All fingers are not equal or better still, if u av d means u could assist him by getting him carpet, I'm sure he'd appreciate it..

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by moneyissweet(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
So what happened to the first dead rat? You must be in United states of America for using the word " fumigate"

Someone is somewhere sending evil and you are there talking about fumigating.

DannyXpress:
Might be cats probably in your ceiling

Fumigate your house and your surrounding thoroughly
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by greggng: 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kudos to everyone that said is a rat that killed them. I am a living witness . I got home one day and I heard the cry of rat in my kitchen so I decided to see if a cat is dealing with the rat. I was shocked to see a big rat eating a smaller one. I became afraid ...picked up my cutlass with a view to rescuing the poor rat . What was left is exactly like same pix I saw here. Indeed rat eat rat. If na snake you won't even see the blood on the flour .buy yourself a nice pussy cat...all the rats will disappear
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
It's a cat. E will still come back
Watch out
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by silibaba: 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Expert on what?
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by dynigoche: 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Its not snake , I once had that experience too in my former apartment. I don't know the name but let me describe it maybe someone may know. Do you know a specie of rat that has long mouth, and its smells when killed. that is it.
It always kills and eat other rats, if they are in the same room. it was when i decided to poison a suya meat and kept it as bate, that they died and that was the end till i left that house. only that i noticed that they were like 3 in the room but you can hardly see them. they can hide in a place and even if you get close they wont shake except they notice that you have seen them
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Orpe7(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Better don't sleep inside make dem no chop u too overnight

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by tayoccu(m): 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Looks like the work of a shrew
Those things will eat anything
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Nikkganc08(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

Hello

I've had similar experience in the past when I was a kid.

Back then, I had up to 3 rat traps at home.

Whenever my trap kills a rat, before morning I'd notice that part of d rat has been eaten just like d one in d pics above.

At first, I thought it were d ants cos I usually woke up to find large quantities of ant feasting on what's left of d rat .

But HELL NO...!!!

I woke up one night to d shock of my life.

There's this particular type of rat with LONG mouth and also has a very BAD smell. I don't know what people call it.

But if u r watching movies in ur parlor and that rat enters your house, you'd know instantly cos it has a very bad odour.

It was that rat that was eating d other dead rat.

I caught it red handed.

But I left d half-eaten dead rat in d trap so that by morning, I'd discard it (as usual)

To my greatest surprise when I returned, I caught that same rat in same region eating same dead rat.

This time around, it has eaten out half of d head region, one leg , but mostly the stomach and intestines.

Ask ur neighbors about that rat. They'll definitely tell u they've been seeing it.

The rat eats open d dead rat while d ants (or sometimes coakroaches) eats a greater part.

The ant usually goes in colonies and villagers will tell u that in that number, they've been killing and eating fowls or even goats.

MODIFIED:

The rat is called SHREW
Or Nkapi in Igbo.

That's it.
There's no snake or cat in ur house. Stop thinking of other stuffs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Wife Abandoned Her Matrimonial Home / Stop Having Sex In The Dark - Patience Akpabio Tells Couples / Making Love & Raising A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.