Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:03 PM

Help! There's Something Strange In My Room - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! There's Something Strange In My Room (63379 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. / My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Uzomacharles: 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
Stanleyq:
nkapi or nkakwu as my people call it is mole not a rat specie

SHREW

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by bigtboi(m): 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
If u AR not sleeping in ur room for now, spray powder all over d floor ND leave for some days n come back to investigate d track u'd find to know if u AR living wit snake.. If not then u av a zombie rodent since there's no much space for cat to pass through into ur room
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by jimmynauty: 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

It's a storey building. I live downstairs.

I was thinking cats too. But I couldn't find a hole big enough for it to have used.

What can I use to fumigate?

Hya abeg update your op pls

Am interested
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by ImoleNaija: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
[s]
princewarri1985:
Sorry, but is this a room floor? Or a kitchen? Am just asking oh because one day you will return and find a dead half eaten anthelope in you room killed by a lion! Because a cat entered your room, and killed a rat, and came back again to collect his kill, and still you could not find spot the cat came in from, your room is more porious than the Nigeria border, I've never seen a rat in my entire house before, NIGERIANS ARE TOO QUICK TO ALWAYS SEE EVERYTHING AS SPIRITUAL ATTACK, na God go really help una
[/s]

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by endy69: 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
and shrews are very poisonous as well one drop of their venom can off 50 mice or so they say am a nat geo wild freak though na there i the get all this info first hand
Na two us. Net Geo Wild don make me sabi snake. No be all snake I dy fear now and I don't over react at the sight of any snake at all
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by headbasher96(m): 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
endy69:

Na two us. Net Geo Wild don make me sabi snake. No be all snake I dy fear now and I don't over react at the sight of any snake at all
simon key and his girlfriend suu snake in the city no play o

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by headbasher96(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
endy69:

wild and wierd go start 5th febuary

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by headbasher96(m): 11:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
endy69:

big cat month 5th febuary as well i prefer the documentary than nollywood

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Dearlord(m): 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
You need to go to the station to report this mass murder to the police
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by endy69: 11:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
big cat month 5th febuary as well i prefer the documentary than nollywood
I just enjoy learning about animals. I learned a lot about dogs too.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Vondoola: 11:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

I was thinking cats too. But I couldn't find a hole big enough for it to have used.

That is real mauling. Cat most probbly as they can slip through crannies under doors as far as the head can access especially if it is small in size.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by headbasher96(m): 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
endy69:

I just enjoy learning about animals. I learned a lot about dogs too.
ceaser milan ls show

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Testimony1988(m): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:

mixture of chemicals, preferable for rats.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Ubanz: 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
U didn't tell us if there's any holes around ur abode or if it's air tight.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by chukwuibuipob: 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
sad change ur door mouth key and experience peace of mind
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by endy69: 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
headbasher96:
ceaser milan ls show
'I always tell people that there's nothing as bad dog but bad training and upcoming'. You're so much on point
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by thinkmoney(m): 11:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
DannyXpress:

Then i think it's snakes
You need to be very careful man.
Snakes can live with humans in their house for months without you knowing.

Buy snake repellents and spray garlic and onions in your room. It will flush them out real quick.
That's not snake bite...I suspect cat.
Let me give u another angle to think about. When u ransacked the house did u see another rat? I guess the answer is no. But there are rats in ur house no doubt. The fact that they can hide from you might indicate that another animal of similar size to them can also successfully hide from you.
How I am sure its not a snake though is that those Mark's arent snakes. Snake do not eat or chew, they bite and swallow. If it were a snake mark, it wont be more than few tiny Marks.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by thinkmoney(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Bauer1:
I know this isn't the right section. But I don't know the right one and so I opted to post here since it seems to have a lot of traffic.

Yesterday, I returned to my room to find a rat dead in the middle of it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be bothered. But this rat has clearly been bitten (pictures will be displayed below). I called a neighbour and we examined it. We were arguing if a snake could have done it, and if yes, why it didn't swallow it. In any case, we decided to leave it where it was to see if whatever killed it would return for it. I went to sleep at a friend's.

We returned this morning to find the dead rat gone. So, I called others to join me and we ransacked every nook and cranny of the room. We couldn't find anything threatening. But we did find another rat killed in much the same manner as the first (second picture).

It irks that I can't find what did this. I can't sleep in the room as it is. So please, experts in the house, help me to identify what it could be and what can be done.

Mods please help move to front page.
That's not snake bite...I suspect cat.
Let me give u another angle to think about. When u ransacked the house did u see another rat? I guess the answer is no. But there are rats in ur house no doubt. The fact that they can hide from you might indicate that another animal of similar size to them can also successfully hide from you.
How I am sure its not a snake though is that those Mark's arent snakes. Snake do not eat or chew, they bite and swallow. If it were a snake mark, it wont be more than few tiny Marks.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by headbasher96(m): 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
endy69:

'I always tell people that there's nothing as bad dog but bad training and upcoming'. You're so much on point
nurture the habit to give a dog a treat at the right time a treat is like a pay check u work for it and then u wait for it.

Cesar milann

1 Like

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Joelobioha(m): 12:06am On Jan 19, 2022
Its Schrödinger's rat..alive when behind doors and dead when doors are open angry
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by cjscon(m): 12:14am On Jan 19, 2022
Bauer1:
I know this isn't the right section. But I don't know the right one and so I opted to post here since it seems to have a lot of traffic.

Yesterday, I returned to my room to find a rat dead in the middle of it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be bothered. But this rat has clearly been bitten (pictures will be displayed below). I called a neighbour and we examined it. We were arguing if a snake could have done it, and if yes, why it didn't swallow it. In any case, we decided to leave it where it was to see if whatever killed it would return for it. I went to sleep at a friend's.

We returned this morning to find the dead rat gone. So, I called others to join me and we ransacked every nook and cranny of the room. We couldn't find anything threatening. But we did find another rat killed in much the same manner as the first (second picture).

It irks that I can't find what did this. I can't sleep in the room as it is. So please, experts in the house, help me to identify what it could be and what can be done.

Mods please help move to front page.
[color=#990000][/color]set up a camera to video ur room in ur absence
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by smd837(m): 12:54am On Jan 19, 2022
Go buy cctv to watch the next day.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Silentgroper(m): 1:13am On Jan 19, 2022
headbasher96:
Oga do u know what a shrew is go and do reseaech on shrew its a rat with long snout that has this body smell that makes a squeaking sound they prey on other rats when food is scarce
Shrews are insectivores, oga.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Lessel: 3:07am On Jan 19, 2022
DannyXpress:
Might be cats probably in your ceiling

Fumigate your house and your surrounding thoroughly
Perfectly said ✓✓✓✓
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by mukthar2000(m): 4:22am On Jan 19, 2022
That is cat from somewhere, sanke eat and swallowed.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 19, 2022
Don't be afraid, it's nothing serious. That has happened in my house. It is caused by another rat ripping off or feeding on a dead rat. Rats eat themselves when any of them dies.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:27am On Jan 19, 2022
Biggie2000:
Get a a fresh rat. Bite the rat, then drop the rat in the middle of your room. Get a CCTV camera installed in your room, then wait to see the animal that will come and collect the rat from your room when you're gone. It's that time we will know whether it's a cat, a rat or just your hungry neighbor that eats rats.

Exactly. With a CCTV, most of the things we label 'mysterious' or 'spiritual attacks' in Nigeria would just be unraveled to be a very simple, ordinary stuff.
This is one of the reasons i don't believe in those spiritual attack/juju nonsense.
The average African/Nigerian usually ascribes whatever he can't/doesn't have the technology to unravel to spiritism/mystery/juju.

As i'm typing now, CCTV just de above my head. "Mystery'' no fit just happen here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by headbasher96(m): 7:08am On Jan 19, 2022
Silentgroper:
Shrews are insectivores, oga.
dont try to be relevant by quoting me shrew no be my brother oga
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Stanleyq: 7:09am On Jan 19, 2022
Uzomacharles:

SHREW
Thank u
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by Myer(m): 7:12am On Jan 19, 2022
DannyXpress:
Might be cats probably in your ceiling

Fumigate your house and your surrounding thoroughly

The most probable explanation.
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by generalwo(m): 7:32am On Jan 19, 2022
This is strange and scary. You may want to install a monitoring camera so you can see what it is and be sure to leave your light on so you can see it clearly. There are some cheap cameras on jumia you can easily buy and install yourself. Getting to know what's responsible for this is the first step in solving it
Re: Help! There's Something Strange In My Room by KanoFirstSon: 7:38am On Jan 19, 2022
Biggie2000:
Get a a fresh rat. Bite the rat, then drop the rat in the middle of your room. Get a CCTV camera installed in your room, then wait to see the animal that will come and collect the rat from your room when you're gone. It's that time we will know whether it's a cat, a rat or just your hungry neighbor that eats rats.

Fresh rat from shop rite or which mall dem dey sell fresh rat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer / We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.