Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" (18354 Views)

Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP / Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Atiku To Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Elect A Ghost President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
Segun Showunmi, former Spokesman to the PDP presidential candidate in 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar, gave the charge in Abeokuta, Ogun State, following the meeting of the PDP governors held in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The PDP governors have reportedly held several meetings on how to produce a consensus presidential candidate ahead of next year elections.

But Showunmi in a statement made available to Daily Trust in Abeokuta, told the governors that the would be candidate should be someone who has the capacity to turn Nigeria around, by the time President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office.

According to him, by the time President Buhari is done, there would be so much challenges that Nigerians especially youths won’t tolerate “a kindergarten president and commander in chief.”

Showunmi, who is a governorship aspirant in Ogun State, also cautioned governors and PDP leaders on zoning of the presidential ticket.

He said “The would-be candidate to be backed. One major consideration must be who can get the job done, who can unite the country, who can assemble a great team and who can hit the ground running from day one. By the time the APC government of President Buhari is done, we will be in so much debt. The value of our Naira will be so low, underemployment and unemployment will be so high, the desperation of a high youth population will be so high that we can least afford a kindergarten president and commander in chief.

“Everyone wants to be President after Buhari but not everyone can do the work that a post-Buhari President will be called upon to do. Presidential powers and privileges mean nothing if the prerequisite experience is absent. We cannot jump from frying pan to fire.”

Speaking on zoning, he said “By 2023, three zones will be most eligible – South East, North East and North Central. We must avoid the danger of a baton passing between just the North West and the South West. This is way too risky. With the agitation of the South East now, we can least afford, as a country, this type of agitation from the other zones who as of right must feel a need to occupy the Number One Seat in the country.

In all of this, we have not matured enough as a country to think we can go this route. Remember our objective must be to form government because we believe we can “rescue” the country. We must look at the numbers well and play smart. I have refused to suggest where we should look, believing that I am speaking to leaders. May common sense prevail.”

The outspoken PDP Chieftain also cautioned the party leaders against ceding ticket or party structures to the “highest bidder.”

He said “There is a need to make the party more accommodating for women and young people and, as I see, it comes down to the high cost of prosecuting elections. We must, in line with our slogan, become a party for the people. What is observed in our state structures is despicable. It must be corrected. Power must be shared in a democracy and not placed in the hand of any individual, no matter how rich they may be, usually from ill gotten wealth – high level corruption, tax evasion and other sharp practices.”

https://dailytrust.com/nigerians-wont-accept-kindergarten-president-showunmi-tells-pdp-governors

6 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by cyril10(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
Which does APC going to have for Nigerians as President, Toddler President? APC doesn't really know that they have
destroyed the economy and the security system of this country, they should be flushed into the dustbin abeg.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Felimax(m): 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
A party of change came and for eight years the country has been on reverse.
By now PDP should start telling us how they want to salvage this country. It is not about a baby president or not.
I rather vote for an intelligent youth who knows what he is doing than an old man who will lie about his age

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Xscape1993(m): 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
All we need in this country right now is a digital president full of energy not old creatures.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by asanausana91: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
PDP should wait for the next 50 years.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by JAMO84: 5:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
PDP is a Disco party, it doesn't have the capacity to win the presidential election or govern the Country. A party that cannot complete its headquarters in 20 years cannot do anything in office.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by chatinent: 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by endallinfection: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
MisterF286:
I have finally found a good alternative to Nairaland
The site is never an Alternative...
Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by ChizzyBuna(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Xscape1993:
All we need in this country right now is a digital president full of energy not old creatures.

You want a Portable Digital Electronic Leader?

1 Like

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by condralbedez: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Really
Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Amalekki: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Give your party ticket to the South East. They have served you well, no story!

6 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by stroller9795: 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
If PDP wants to come back in 2023,they should give the party ticket to GEJ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Sonnobax15(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
grin
Na which one be kindergarten president again na? grin

So Buhari wey be principal president,where has he taken us to so far?

In as much as I detest PDP,I don't think bringing up such issues will solve the problem that's ahead of us...My only prayer na be say make Tinubu no smell anywhere close to that aso rock angry

5 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by tutudesz: 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mr Man the South will produce the next president simple

3 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by excomarow(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
cyril10:
Which does APC going to have for Nigerians as President, Toddler President? APC doesn't really know that they have
destroyed the economy and the security system of this country, they should be flushed into the dustbin abeg.

Shuttap
PDP don't have any candidate to present to Nigeria. In as much as Buhari's government has been sabotaged, APC still have a better chance in 2023.

What we are suffering in this country is due to lack of proper foundation that your so called useless party failed to lay.

PDP will remain a failure til 2031

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by naijaguy123456(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
The answer

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by aolawale025: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by faceland: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
The sentence is incomplete.

"Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President like semi-illiterate Buhari".

Tye sooner we start saying the truth, the better. Just the way they were saying End SARS (even after is was disbanded) instead of saying #EndBokohari end do or die politics based on tribe and religious manipulation

2 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by after4: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
But we will accept this

5 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by kennyz247(m): 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
better, we can't accept another one chance president again Ike d one we managing at d moment

1 Like

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Nonpartisan1: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
Na which one be kindergarten president again na? grin

So Buhari wey be principal president,where has he taken us to so far?

In as much as I detest PDP,I don't think bringing up such issues will solve the problem that's ahead of us...My only prayer na be say make Tinubu no smell anywhere close to that aso rock angry

dey deceive yourself

3 Likes

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Bashir75: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
Felimax:
A party of change came and for eight years the country has been on reverse.
By now PDP should start telling us how they want to salvage this country. It is not about a baby president or not.
I rather vote for an intelligent youth who knows what he is doing than an old man who will lie about his age

NEVER IN MY LIFE AND MY FAMILY, WE WILL EVER VOTE FOR PDP [DESTROYERS OF NIGERIA FOR 16 YEARS] EVEN IF THEY BECOME PASTORS AND IMAMS. ROGUES RULED FOR ALMOST TWO DECADES WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT EXCEPT PRODUCING FINANCIAL CRIMINALS, YAH00-YAHOO AND MKPURU-MKPURU SMOKERS.

GONE ARE THE UNPRODUCTIVE PDP YEARS OF LOCUST. NIGERIANS WANT MORE INFRASTRUCTURE, FOOD SECURITY AND SECURITY OF LIFE.

PDP IS AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by emaopel: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
MisterF286:
I have finally found a good alternative to Nairaland
Pure scam site with no tangible direction... If you are sure and right, send the site or link
Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by shedy03(m): 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
asanausana91:
PDP should wait for the next 50 years.
You are blinded by sentiment. Only the wicked will want APC to continue leading.
May the suffering that Nigerians experienced under APC be your families portion inshaallah In Jesus name Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by Mummyfour(f): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
At this point Nigerians should just be very wise in choosing the next president..

As it stands we should just do everything that will enable affliction not to rise a second time in every ramification.

I look at my once beloved country and I weep.i also wonder if this country can ever get it right again. cry cry
Re: Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" by VIKTO83(m): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
endallinfection:
The site is never an Alternative...
Pls connect to Ghana In what sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sullivan Chime Congratulates Governor-Elect Peter Mbah (Photo) / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / 2019 Political Alignment: Dear Politicians, We Are No Longer Gullible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.