Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? (16163 Views)

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by McOluOmo: 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2022
Can't remember cuz if you check, you'll buy drugs.

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Ara21(f): 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
I have never done it before, I will go and check.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
opera1:
Often ignored by most people but high blood sugar level leads to irreversible chronic disorder.

You ended up not saying anything. What chronic disorder are you talking about? Be specific?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by MITCHELL96: 6:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thanks to football, E dey help me well well, I'm so FUCKIN' fit!!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Blackdisciple(m): 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Omo I’ve never done that

Lolz same here oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by ednut1(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
a lot of Nigerians have diabetes and don't know. After 20 years they suddenly start seeing the complications. The kind of food we eat self is just packed with sugar and carbs. Nothing like balanced diets lol

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Kennyfancy(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
Live your life

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by candidbabe(f): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kingsteve:
Exercise for 30mins or more everyday, and you'll be good.
Once in a while, drink bitter leaf...it helps to reduce sugar levels.

grin grin
You mean instead of going for check up you drink bitter leaf?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Uyi168: 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2022
candidbabe:
9 years ago
The doctor called it FBS
Fastening blood sugar test.
Didn't even know the percentage then,
But, the doctor told me that my blood sugar is normal.
Dazzzall
nine years is a long time o..
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by ImoleNaija: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
2020, I checked twice & it was normal.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Uyi168: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kingsteve:

exercise is good.

How does bitter leaf reduce blood sugar?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Kingsteve(m): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
candidbabe:

grin grin
You mean instead of going for check up you drink bitter leaf?

Well...check up is necessary, no doubt!
However, as long as one exercises for 30mins or more everyday, or minimum of 3 times weekly, then you're good to go!

Drinking bitter leaf extract reduces sugar levels.

Don't get it twisted...lady.

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Kingsteve(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
Uyi168:
exercise is good.

How does bitter leaf reduce blood sugar?
Just look it up.
I no get time for lectures on the health benefits of drinking bitter leaf extract.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Uyi168: 6:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kingsteve:

Just look it up.
I no get time for lectures on the health benefits of drinking bitter leaf extract.
.ok.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Afonasa(m): 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
Can't even remember ever doing that.but the info was helpful

Guys freelancing is a skills, and gigs optimisation and great reviews are what great Nigerians are using to cash out big on the market.....
If you wanna improve urself am just a DM away,check on my signature
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
The suffering in the Zoo is enough to kill any diabetes in anyone's life!
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by frankman365(m): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
Did RBS today

107 it was
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by chikason22(m): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
martyns303:
A couple of weeks ago, a thread hit the front page about a NL’s mom who’s diabetic and this has now affected her legs, and they are about cutting off the said leg.

What that NL doesn’t know is that, he’s at 50% chance of developing diabetes himself.

You are at 50% chance of developing diabetes if a parent is diabetic and the other 50% depends on your lifestyle. No, diabetes doesn’t affect only the elderly, you can develop diabetes at any age.

If you have a diabetic parent like that poster, while you can’t do anything about the hereditary 50%, you can do something about your lifestyle.

Here are some life adjustment I have made, that can help you as well.

1. Don’t drink �
2. Don’t smoke
3. Cut down or eliminate soft drinks
4. Reduce the carbs. If you are like me that love swallow, eat oatmeal swallow instead of Eba.
5. Exercise, it doesn’t have to be vigorous. I skip rope, 200-300 every morning.
6. Monitor your blood sugar level, it’s just N1k

Stay healthy.
Today. It's ok. Thanks for asking
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kingsteve:

Na where you read am?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by chikason22(m): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
emmydee:
Today and it was 6.4
That’s 115
6.4mmol/L is high. You have a chance of reducing it before you slide into diabetes

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kingsteve:

Just look it up.

If you knew the answer, you would drop it easily.
You guys should stop propagating rubish no one has carried out any scientific study on.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by nairaman66(m): 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
How can someone make oatmeal swallow?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Thanks to football, E dey help me well well, I'm so FUCKIN' fit!!
The junk food you eat can affect your system even though you play football morning and night.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by chikason22(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
candidbabe:
9 years ago
The doctor called it FBS
Fastening blood sugar test.
Didn't even know the percentage then,
But, the doctor told me that my blood sugar is normal.
Dazzzall
FBS Fasting Blood Sugar. It's measured in Mmol/L. When it's in g/dl, you divide by 18 to covert to mmol/L.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by emperordelis(m): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
Saint1960:
Check too much you go see watin you dey find
You like no check,wetin you dey fear to check no go fear to knack you when e don mature.. Prevention is better than cure

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
70 to 97 never passed that range and i was mad at my myself when it got to 97,probably because of Christmas enjoyment and all

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Iamyemmie: 7:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
Y’all should take it serious o
It doesn’t have a cure
Mine was 80 the last time I checked

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by juman(m): 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nowadays I check almost daily.
Today morning it was 5.2.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by juman(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2022
Check your sugar level regularly.
Buy the necessary test kit.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Releases ₦6.45 Billion For New Oxygen Plants In 38 Locations Nationwide / Lassa Fever Kills Two In Asaba FMC / COVID-19: BUA Group Donates 5 Ambulances, 20 Hilux Vehicles To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.