Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,291 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? (42020 Views)

I'm In Need Of A Car For Uber/bolt / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2022
1Alex:
With your budget, get this (Naija used) and have peace of mind.

Which Honda and what year is this please
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by lonecatt(m): 7:26pm On May 24, 2022
shigoawesu:

Toyota is too expensive now
If person get like #1m nko
Am saving towards a Car for hauling too
well you can be lucky to get a good second hand one that has been driven in Nigeria
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2022
lonecatt:
well you can be lucky to get a good second hand one that has been driven in Nigeria

Ok, thanks
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Coolgent(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
shigoawesu:

Leg issue nko
Ball joint or so
Want to learn ni oo
I have never experienced any of the above issue.
The secret behind it is i don't compromise when it comes to the issue of original spare parts and basic maintenance

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
Coolgent:

I have never experienced any of the above issue.
The secret behind it is i don't compromise with it comes to the issue of original spare parts and basic maintenance

Thanks
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by browsesk: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
Why are alot of persons bent on Toyota being the only good product for Uber/bolt? I feel there are also other cars that could be used in the place of a Toyota product. Maintenance is what matters. Some persons have a bad tradition when it comes to the maintenance of a car, hence as soon as the problem arise from the car they are using, they condemn the products. Not everyone can afford Toyota now cos of it's high price. I believe you can start from somewhere and upgrade as time goes on. That's what I feel.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by petrusevents(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
Please is this car good for user and what are the pro and con.

Thanks

3 Shares

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by SKINDOGGY: 9:52am On Aug 05, 2022
melviniyke2002:
Honda civic or toyota corolla,contact dru23 for more advice on honda civic
I need a 2014 Civic, how will I contact him please
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by melviniyke2002(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
SKINDOGGY:
search dru23 n dm
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by SKINDOGGY: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2022
melviniyke2002:
search dru23 n dm
No reply from him yet
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by skywalker240(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2022
Cloven22:

Ford is a good car. Take a car expert along to check every part for you before dropping any money. The most important thing is for you to maintain it. And truth is except you have a good local mech ehn you'll spend a lot on different things. I'll recommend Flickwheel sha you can get very good and trusted mechanics there and even if your car has issues and you are cash strapped, they'll help out with a loan for you.
Do you have any idea if this flickwheel is available at Benin City?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by dru23(m): 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
SKINDOGGY:

Sorry for late reply sir .............due to the unstable naira we have stopped shipping cars now .. And also duty on cars is not looking encouraging........

The Nigerian economy now is in shambles ......
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by dru23(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
melviniyke2002:
search dru23 n dm

Thanks bro, have reply him .. Have been serving alot of breakfasts to few people recently.. It has taken some ample time from me.....

Thanks once again for ur loyalty

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by SKINDOGGY: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2022
dru23:

Sorry for late reply sir .............due to the unstable naira we have stopped shipping cars now .. And also duty on cars is not looking encouraging........

The Nigerian economy now is in shambles ......
alright thanks, so the best thing to do right now is to sit back ad wait for things to get normal
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by skywalker240(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2022
1Alex:
With your budget, get this (Naija used) and have peace of mind.
Best car for the job cool

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Decentdave(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2022
Pls is a toyota matrix 2004 model good for Uber?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by bigbamo: 4:47am On Sep 22, 2022
starphilemon:
6years on the road as an Uber pilot.... The best car u can get with ur budget is Honda civic 2004/2005, not EOD or DC oh.... Another good car ur budget can get is Ford focus, just be sure to do thorough inspection before payment.... But if I'm the one buying personally, I'll buy a manual Peugeot 307, super great car with madt fuel efficiency, but u need high level of experience like mine to handle and enjoy a 307..... Abuja drivers know me as god of 307, my name is GentlePhil

please what are the things to consider in buying the Ford focus?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Veezy4u(m): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2022
thrillionaire:
My man.. please I need your advice in starting bolt/Uber business in Abuja and on the best car 2m would buy. Kindly reach me on Whatsapp o8o3o639821
hello....are you in the business how can I start, challenges and advice. Thanks
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by thrillionaire(m): 11:39am On Sep 27, 2022
Veezy4u:
hello....are you in the business how can I start, challenges and advice. Thanks
Well, what I did was to ask Google and I saw various threads on the matter. Facebook is also a good resource. Find Uber/bolt/taxify pages and join.. you'd read up on first hand info from drivers too.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Timagex(m): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
tyeenigga:
If you can drive manual go for Peugeot very economical and cheap to maintain

Which one of the Peugeots, cos, I heard Peugeots are not strong enough for e hailing business.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Timagex(m): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
iadelola77:
Op, i am into the business, EOD is good but not advisable due to its fuel consumption. It's 2.4ltr engine. You need a car with 2.0ltr below. Nissan Sentra 03-06, Kia Cerato 06-09, Honda Civic 03-08,
Of you need any assistance. DM me or call me: 08033483129

Hello sir. Can I DM? I have some questions as regards the e hailing business.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Rinoxy: 10:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
tyeenigga:
Elaborate more on this pls. What do you think of the Peugeot 307?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Rinoxy: 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
adonainana:
Yes you can get a V4 Honda Accord 2006 Nigerian used for that price for 800,000 naira

So far it’s V4, it’s good for Uber as it doesn’t consume fuel like the V6 model

If you find an Honda Civic too, 2004 model upward it will do the job

As funny as it sounds a Honda Civic consumes less fuel than corrola or Camry or any totyota product, I have used both

Now back to the naysayers who will try and discourage you about your budget, it’s what you have that you will use to get what you need

Someone who probably doesn’t have a car yet is already talking about visiting a mechanic everyday now let me explain to you how these things work

A cars engine made up of piston, crank shaft etc works on wear and tear to be specific , imagine iron rods rubbing themselves inside engine oil to fire out combustion almsost everyday and as long as the engine is ignited and running

This is why the longer the millage of a car the weaker the engine is and vice versa

A brand new car not tokunbo car ooo ( a brand new car from the factory does not make any noise engine wise, reason because it’s engine is still completely new )

The reason why I am explaining this to you is to try and make you link how many kilometers a car has run to how weak or less effective or still sound the engine is

Even generator engines work on the same principle, I have been using the same generator for 3 years, but every 4 months or so we buy an HALF ENGINE and the generator is turned on everyday day

Wear and tear over a long time is what weakens engines of cars or anything made of up a mechanics systems

So going back to your budget of 800k for Eod Homda acconrd 2006 , you will get one for that price and surprise surprise all you have to do is to use your mechanic to gauge well how many months or years the engine still has left

Once the engine is still very sound, you are good to use it every day to transport people

Pls don’t listen to people trying to discourage you

Pls go to any motor park and check out the buses that transport people from lagos to Ibadan every day . One 1998 sienna took me from osun state to Abuja one time I couldn’t believe that type of van could be on the road for 14 hours to Abuja without spoiling on the road

Go to nurtw parks and see buses and vans being used for inter State transport and you will be shocked as to thier external state meanwhile it’s thier engine that still makes them going strong

Also a car engine never dies, only the OGs and the legends in the game know what to do when your car engine is giving you problems

So OP go and buy your car and start making money from it today and succeed like those before you

Good day
Words on marble!!
Good day sir, please I'll like to learn from you, as I'm in an almost similar situation. I sent you a PM, kindly respond pls.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Rinoxy: 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2023
Chuksyno:
I'm not the op but I appreciate you for taking yoir time to explain all this. Thanks alot.
Really, we all benefited from his comment. Infact I had to copy n save it somewhere.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by stacyadams: 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
Decentdave:
Pls is a toyota matrix 2004 model good for Uber?
perfect
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by HUMANIIST(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
I think Corolla is the best.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Timagex(m): 12:57am On Feb 17, 2023
tyeenigga:

Which one of the Peugeots sir? Is it the 307 or the 407?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Innoson Delivers Operational Trucks To FRSC (Photo) / Lagos State Civil Service Staff Buses: The Old Vs. The New (PHOTOS) / How Much Is Mazda 323 In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.