Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions (24309 Views)

Abayomi Segun Oluwasesan: How I Hacked Afriq Arbitrage System, Stole Billions / How Farmforte Owners Duped Investors Of Billions Of Naira / Digital Investment Limited Crashes In Lagos After Duping People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Realdeals(m): 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
It is serious, the yield from the farm might be poor. I remember how some group of people wanted to coerced me to run such venture because I run a farm.

What I see are desperate wannabe farmers, I told them why such Agritech venture is not sustainable and that agriculture is not a business that will turn you a millionaire in a season.

7 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by YorubaIsCursed: 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yoruba self angry cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Agriculture cannot by its nature make ROI at the level people were expecting.

As one nairalander said it..anything can happen. Crops fail, herdsmen cows eat the crops, animals die, animals fall sick, yield not as high as usual, yield too high , prices not favorable.

Just another ponzi scheme masquerading as investment

10 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Zico5(m): 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
In fact, Nigeria is not safe again. Yesterday, I saw an advertisement on Facebook about the fixed match of pay after match. I then dropped my mobile number just to try if it will be real make man chop free money. I woke up this morning to see nothing less than 48 guys sending messages about fixed games. Some were even giving me pseudo websites to log into. I was scared to the marrow that our guys are all in this scamming stuffs. I have to block them all cos I was scared.

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by JohnBullMySon: 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
ecomalchemist:

wow, I haven't heard from farmcrowdy in while too.

Seems most of the agritech startups are fraudulent schemes in disguise, better safe than sorry.
That's why they never attract Western VCs. They should stop collecting people's money abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by jaxxy(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
Any Agro investment or farmers asking multiple people to invest money in their farming business and get interests in so so months is a grand criminal

Genuine investment farmers have access to loans, they will not generate funds from masses to pay ROI which is difficult to manage and carry out and which will even also reduce their turn over profits.

They are scams.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by GerraMeh74(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
Chai! Which kind line Agro partnership no give me say make I invest, but I no gree! Oluwa thank God oh

4 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by diesel86: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
My advise to anyone in Nigeria right now is not to invest in any business no matter how juicy the return on investment looks, whatever gave you the capital in the first place should be re-invested into.

I am tired of hearing all this news from
*MBA Forex*
*Brisk Capital Limited*
*Addy Finance and Investment*
*Helping Hands Investment Scheme*
E.t.c

My advise to you is that all investment packages in Nigeria at the moment are SCAM angry

8 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Damybabs: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
I think agric biz is the new scam now, not forex and the rest. Same with FarmKonnect, pls anything investment in this Nigeria, make una no involve, there is no solid structure on ground to bring these scoundrels to book, they do these with uttermost impunity. Na so FarmKonnect collect my money Dey tell me Coronavirus affected them as if it wasn’t during Corona I invested my money.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Yankee101: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
Don’t invest in anything you don’t or can’t control

Especially all these agric funds

Run away

Go and farm yourself and get an agric loan after some years for yourself for expansion

6 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Lamasta(m): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
Local man is not surprised again

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Missionaire: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
AgroTech... The New Yahoo Yahoo platform.

4 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Investorozay: 9:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
ecomalchemist:
Seems agritech startups are fraudulent schemes these days, wo...make I use my money drink trophy , eat goat meat.

Na who get money dey invest !

Agro tech og
Forex oh
Anything you don't trade or manage by yourself
Run
If you no sabi wetin to trade at least learn copy trading

3 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Investorozay: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
That's why they never attract Western VCs. They should stop collecting people's money abeg.

Farm crowdy did attract in their early days
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by lookingfly: 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Guyman02:
People continue to fall for this easy scam.
What they do is to acquire a single farm land, plant rice or corn or fish and poultry worth for example N10m, they show their mumu subscribers this one farm and tell them that they have something similar in Kafanchan, Kebbi, Shiroro etc with beautiful pictures in their website and brochures.
They will use this single farm valued at N10M to get N500M from 'investors' who will be paid huge interest by Ponzi scheme from the monies of the new entrants until the bubble will burst when the Ponzi reaches its peak.
The farm will quickly be sold to a buyer with all the documents and everyone disappears only to return with a new name in another location but if the money fleeced is huge they relocate to abroad with their families
so use this methods to defraud banks too.....they get a land that the owner wants to see for say 10mill, they get Al these valuers and value the land for 100 mil, they go to bank collect loan for land of 100 mil, pay 10 Mill to owner a d pocket 90 mil.
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by faceland: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Zico5:
In fact, Nigeria is not safe again. Yesterday, I saw an advertisement on Facebook about the fixed match of pay after match. I then dropped my mobile number just to try if it will be real make man chop free money. I woke up this morning to see nothing less than 48 guys sending messages about fixed games. Some were even giving me pseudo websites to log into. I was scared to the marrow that our guys are all in this scamming stuffs. I have to block them all cos I was scared.

Posted my number on Nairaland and scammers were sending me messages. If someone somewhere is not falling for these tricks, they wouldn't be doing it, their are people that fall for the simplest scam format.

3 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by macaranta(m): 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
SincereBigot:
i dont understand why some Nigerians feel someone will be working for them and giving them return on investment

why cant he plant the corn for himself and make all the profit? ok so you will be at your house sleeping and you expect a nigerian to be trading forex for you or planting corn for you or rearing goats for you just to give you return on investments? as per say na ur papa abi

una go soon learn

There's nothing wrong in investing and going to sleep. It's just the number of fraudulent schemes out there with no regulation whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by ppogba: 9:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mugu and Maga will never cease to exist as long as Nigeria remains.

Somebody.say you should invest in maize and you put N1m. You failed to consider what can happen to the plantation from planting till havesting.
Someone say you will get 30 percent ROI and you believe him.

You yourself you are a big thief.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by ppogba: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
lookingfly:
so use this methods to defraud banks too.....they get a land that the owner wants to see for say 10mill, they get Al these valuers and value the land for 100 mil, they go to bank collect loan for land of 100 mil, pay 10 Mill to owner a d pocket 90 mil.

No bank will give you a loan of 100 mil without getting it's valuers involved. The will never rely on just any valuation.
Nigerian banks are not as daft as people think.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by osazsky(m): 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2022
The funny thing here is that there is no farm...na online farm format..this guy is smart..so nigerians still fall for this cheap scam.i need to open one ponzi
.maybe a taxing ponzi with ROI of 60 percent
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by BennyDGreat: 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2022
masseratti:
30% roi on agricultural investments is impossible, why are this guys this way for God's sake.

My thoughts exactly. Just too outrageous....like a whopping 30% Lon lon
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by Pymetrics: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
There are many of them nowadays scamming Nigerians. One of them is Ayanso MMA of themap NG. That guy is heartless and rude.
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by nedekid: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
I have learnt the hard way never to put any money in business, investments etc in naija except I have some sort of control. (Advice given to me personally by late Capt Hosa okumbo).
Rather put your money in the bank and be looking at it or spend it, eat it and know it entered your belle and you shat it out.

11 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by osazsky(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Agtech companies are just crumbling like ponzi. First was ThriveAgric then this.
and who gave u d notion that these companies actually had farms if yes where are d farms located these are basic things u should research on before investing but nigerians are too dull and lazy so they keep falling for cheap scams
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by omoadeleye(m): 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
masseratti:
30% roi on agricultural investments is impossible, why are this guys this way for God's sake.

For nine months na
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by osazsky(m): 9:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
The idiot that gave someone 2million to help him trade is actually a dumb asss..if you invest on knowledge first...then go into snail production with that 2m..in 2 years u will have 6m...even cucumber self..serves him right..before u waste money look for people who are doing that biz..pay them for info...pls let's stop these online investment we are killing ourselves

4 Likes

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by extremophile: 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
#nogofallmaga, an initiative of the Cybersafe Foundation, has written a comprehensive expose on these agric scams a while ago. Please search for it online and get an idea about how these guys operate. Their modus operandi are often similar or same.

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by JohnBullMySon: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
osazsky:
and who gave u d notion that these companies actually had farms if yes where are d farms located these are basic things u should research on before investing but nigerians are too dull and lazy so they keep falling for cheap scams
I didn't invest in them
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by ednut1(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
Any investment guaranteeing anything is a scam. You are to share proceeds of investment based on performance and ratio
Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
masseratti:

For a 9 months period Shldnt be too much... the 30% isn’t monthly ...

U invested a million somewhere for 9 months and ure saying 300k interest isn’t realistic ? Haba

1 Like

Re: Segun Fayomi Of Plethora Farms Accused Of Duping Investors Of Millions by MN07: 11:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
Na them them (Afonja) let them continue that's their way of life.

On other note who on God's green earth would invest with someone looking like this and also a Yoruba person. Hahahaha chai Nigerians are too dumb

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Everything To Know About Jumia Black Friday [jumia Awoof] / Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today 5/11/2023 / Central Bank Of Ghana Issues Fraud Alert On MMM Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.