Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada (46455 Views)

The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) / 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) / Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by lalasticlala(m): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
There’s no need to travel the world for exotic, foreign foods anymore. Not when you can find them in one location in St. Catharines.

A month ago, international flavour came to Ontario Street when Ebeano Supermarket held its grand opening in what most here call the Value Village Plaza.

Spread over two units at 358 and 360 Ontario Street (right next door to Value Village), there are literally foods, spices, sauces, fruits and vegetable from Asia, Europe, Africa and South America up and down the aisle, giving the Garden City a trans-global selection like nowhere else in Niagara.

Among the grand opening visitors on December 3 was St. Catharines MP Chris Bittle, who raved at the selection in the grocery store run by Peters Andokari Ityohuna and his team.

Citing the 25 new jobs, nearly all full-time, created by the store, Bittle marveled, “A truly global market where foods from around the world can be found. It was exciting to see so many happy faces shopping this afternoon for products that may be difficult to find elsewhere.”

According to the company’s website, the international chain started up in Nigeria and the word “ebeano” is Nigerian slang for “where things are happening.”

Peters Andokari Ityohuna began his young life as a cashier in one of Ebeano’s first stores in Nigeria. The website continues, “From there he quickly grew to understand the grocery business and helped in developing more stores until he finally reached the position of General Manager.”

“In 2014, Peters made a life changing decision to immigrate to Canada and he, like many others who are newly immigrated, had difficulty finding the comforts of home in this new country.”

Shortly, he was joined by Chukwuma David Ojei, an old overseas friend and co-founder of the original Ebeano Supermarkets in Nigeria, who came to Canada for a visit. Before long, the pair created the concept for a Canadian version of Ebeano, often called Prince Ebeano in Africa.

“By offering a variety of products from around the globe, they created the first Global Food Market. From there the idea took hold and the next two years were spent finding the right location and preparing for the launch (in St. Catharines).”

The anticipation by local residents was strong. “It is a cosmopolitan addition to our Niagara landscape,” said one. Added another: “I look forward visiting soon. Love the diversity in our community.”

Those who have been need no convincing. “This is hands down the best place to shop for African groceries in this region. Staff are up and doing, friendly and helpful, store is clean and well stocked. Awesome experience will keep coming back here. Don’t rest on your oars, hopefully you’ll add online shopping and delivery to your store soon.”

Ebeano Supermarket is located at 358, 360 Ontario St Unit 3 and 4 in St. Catharines.

https://www.insauga.com/new-opening-international-foods-are-plentiful-at-ebeano-supermarket-in-st-catharines/

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Visocrate(m): 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
That's very good

205 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Xscape1993(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
Congratulations Ebeano Supermarket! More business expansion ahead! I am so happy for this.

228 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
cheesy that is good, keep flying the Nigeria flag ... hope NEXT and others would follow suit ..let me come and be supplying palm oil, egusi and ogbono ...

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Ahmed0336(m): 9:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
jackcanfield:
cheesy that is good, keep flying the Nigeria flag ... hope NEXT and others would follow suit ..let me come and be supplying palm oil, egusi and ogbono ...
Abeg add crayfish undecided

64 Likes

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ahmed0336:

Abeg add crayfish undecided
yeah you are right Oron crayfish..

17 Likes

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
grin

11 Likes

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Omniman(m): 9:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
Superb, I love when clients go places! wink

Damn if only Wallmart, Amazon, Ebay can open centers in Nigeria...

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
"Nigeria.. Everywhere you go", should have be our motto

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Anazp: 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Kiddinpoh(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
Congratulations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Cholls(m): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
My brother Eric Moore own fine pass this one

That reminds me...where is this girl

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by lekkyy: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Lovely. More wins Ebeano

1 Like

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
igbo amaka oo

God bless the greatest tribe in Africa the intellectuals of Africa and the black race pride IGBOS

their light illuminates Africa and the black race all together.

the most industrious tribe that can generate wealth from nothing and trash.
irrespective of the enemy's arrows they still thrive to their shame and reproach.

God bless Igbo bu igbo ndị oma
in my next life, I'll choose this blessed tribe over and over again.

God bless ndị Yoruba too and good ndị Hausa.

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by ojkalito(m): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
This gladdens the heart, for once I'm pleased n motivated by my ibo brothers

7 Likes

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by okezuoemmanue(m): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
kiss

1 Like

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Jamiubond009(m): 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Igbo amaka grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by SarkinYarki: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
This is not the same prince Ebeano in Nigeria sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Head slammers avoiding good news! cheesy

Long live Mazi Nnamdi Kanu!!!

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Is it the same as prince ebeano supermarket?

1 Like

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by IboHausaYoruba: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wow! This is why Nigeria needs to try an Ibo president. These people are just so enterprising.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by ibrahim2032: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
nice
Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by futurerex: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Congrats
Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by archymacho(m): 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Thank you Jesus. This is Great. Congratulations Ebano . I shop at Ebeano quite often in Abuja.

7 Likes

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by flexyrule(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wow

1 Like

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by SarkinYarki: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Xscape1993:
Congratulations Ebeno Supermarket! More business expansion ahead! I am so happy for this.
Not Prince Ebeano

1 Like

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by emmabest2000(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Nigerianworld online food stuff shop right now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by samuel19222(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Igbo amaka

Nigeria amaka

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebeano Supermarket Opens In Canada by Rahkman: 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
Doesn't look like the counterpart in nigeria, nigerians don over plenty for ontario ehn ontario go soon turn to peckham for london

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Lifts Restriction On Domiciliary Accounts, Allows $10k Withdrawals / 3 Online Businesses That Can Make You 1 Million In 6 Months / Dangote Chimamanda Adichie, Davido, Adeboye Most Influential Africans In World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.