Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos (27089 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Tennessee85: 10:21am On Jan 19, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

Governor of Nigeria's Lagos State traveled to Milwaukee to complete purchase from train manufacturer Talgo

na two old train! he went to buy with all his cabinet
And what is your own governor doing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Tennessee85: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Imagine great leaders like gadaffi, king of dubai,China leader handle Lagos and its economy of 22 years, they said Lagos is working, imagine, Lagos with its pot hole ridden, smelling, open gutters in 21st century, dirty
Your tears and pains are noted, meth cannibal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Tennessee85: 10:26am On Jan 19, 2022
Bigchristo:
Is only those who don’t have sense that will criticize Lagos, that state supposed to be a country of its own, the infrastructural development is far better than any state in Nigeria. Credits to past and present governors they’re doing well.
How can you say it's only those who don't have sense that criticize Lagos? You don't want bad things in Lagos that the government can do better at to be criticized? I praise the Lagos government when they deserve it and also criticize when they aren't living up to expectation. Even London and Paris get criticized let alone Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by otokx(m): 10:30am On Jan 19, 2022
Sounds nice.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Tennessee85: 10:32am On Jan 19, 2022
ajl:

Which working plan? I was born and bred in Lagos. Also a native of the state.. The place now is like a open air asylum. No order with chaos all over. Even on Lagos Island where I grew up, cult boys mostly under the paycheck of some politicians shoot themselves under the daylight. The same place we used to roam the streets until dawn. If anyone say Lagos is working, it mean that person has no standard or has no idea of how a functioning society operate. And worst of all, an individual sit atop all the chaos, cornering a huge chunk of the state resources for himself and members of his family. When people talk about Tinubu putting plans in place, it doesn't go beyond ensuring APC remain in power for his own interest. Whether the incoming governor continue projects initiated by the previous governor is secondary. The criminal is just protecting his pockets.
Why do I think you're one of those who want Bode George and his fellow PDP thieves to take over Lagos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Tennessee85: 10:34am On Jan 19, 2022
ajl:

May your life be handled the way Tinubu handled Lagos
Who exactly do you want to handle Lagos?
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by jaxxy(m): 10:35am On Jan 19, 2022
Dapinski:
Whatever haters may claim, Lagos is working.

How many years again will this one take to land and then start working?? undecided
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Adabestseason(m): 10:43am On Jan 19, 2022
just look at how a state could be blessed with reasonable people,no wonder some south-south governors are stealing from the region to invest in Lagos.Thank God south-south governors

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Macolapablo: 10:46am On Jan 19, 2022
The Americans gave us a figure here. Even after going to court another figure was mentioned. Now, how much did it cost the Lagos state government to get this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by VaselineCrew: 11:03am On Jan 19, 2022
Who remembers this one?

2 Likes

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by VaselineCrew: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2022
Politicians

2 Likes

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Bluntemperor: 11:09am On Jan 19, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Lago state deserves this long ago, the traffic (both human and vehicle) in the state aren't smiling ..

Yes,this was actually what Alhaji Jakande envisioned for Lagos then, until Buhari came during military and truncated the Democracy!
See the costs now!
That is why we are calling on Govnor Sanwo-Olu to immediately begin the 4th -MAINLAND-BRIDGE NOW!
The transportation stress in Lagos is becoming unbearable!
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Ghozky(m): 11:24am On Jan 19, 2022
Lagos sets the pace for others to follow.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by goodheart01: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2022
Ekpekus:
grin
I have just one question...
Is it an electric or locomotive train?

If it is the later, then forget aboouuurrrrit.

High speed rail lines are electric
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mathsoftme: 11:30am On Jan 19, 2022
Where Rtn Hon. Chibike Amaechi, I hope he can learn this and stop borrowing low speed trains from China.
naptu2:

https://www.wpr.org/trains-intended-unbuilt-milwaukee-madison-high-speed-rail-line-going-nigeria

1: Reactions from Wisconsin

2 and 3: Reactions from Nigeria

4: The Talgo trains originally designed and built for Wisconsin's high-speed rail line sits at an Amtrak facility in Beech Grove, Ind. Shawn Johnson/WPR
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by Litmus: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2022
"I certainly didn't expect what happened to happen," said Busalacchi. "It was unfortunate, but I think now, as you look and see where the world is going, not just our country, where the world is going, it was the right thing to do."

Not electric?

I love that Nigeria can be adventurous and forward thinking. Let's continue and not fall for the trick the West sometimes use in holding back Africa, which is that we are not yet ready for the advanced stuff. This notion not only prevents us from becoming competitors, it enables them sap the last ounce of juice from the dead horse, i.e profit from obsolete, tech and second rate expertise at our expense. Truth is, third world nations are exactly in the position to benefit from the most advanced technology. Advanced tech/ innovations simplify implementation and infrastructure, electric cars are simpler than combustion ones, UAV tech is democratiseing aircraft production, machin guns makes warfare simpler than cock-n-load, you get the picture. Finally, nations like Nigeria are open, we don't yet possess entrenched infrastructure that isn't cost effective to tear out and replace.

Lol, rooster-n-load smiley.... I meant Lock-n-load. In Nigeria, we use the term c.o.c.k and load.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 11:37am On Jan 19, 2022
sw:
I hope it will not be the refurbished ones sha.

Did you read the article?
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 11:39am On Jan 19, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Agege railside traders are in trouble grin

On the contrary, they are not. A sensible local government will organize well sited shops and kiosks close to the station and it will increase business for all. Overseas, we see SME-Markets and shops close to train stations

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 11:41am On Jan 19, 2022
SocialJustice:
Yes o, reason I dislike Lagos.

Pls sit this one out, stay in your village and stop talking about Lagos you've never been to....
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2022
alizma:
That is how Tinubu put a state in his pocket, please tell us how your own leaders pocket your state.

A friend asked me yesterday that with all the revenues generated in Lagos, what has the monies been used for. I said let me mention 3 - First I mentioned the light-rail, he went berserk.... that when are they going to finish? I told him, are you upset that I pointed you to a significant project or that the project is yet to finish?

The moment we launch the blue and the redline, transport architecture in Lagos is redefined forever. The next 50yrs will be about extending rails to every local government in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by King44(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2022
Smh I think it's not worth the hype but they had a faire deal. It's not worth it.

2002 to 2022 haba

Besides, it was built for the need of Milwalki or whatever not Lagosians.

Awon oniranu go still use this one campaign for Tinubu
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 11:55am On Jan 19, 2022
stepaside2:
Sanwo Olu has 4 key things to deliver in my view;
1. Blue and Red metro rail Lines
2. Completion of Mile 2 - Badagry expressway
3. Commencement of 4th Mainland bridge project
4. Lekki coastal road and rail line

If he can deliver these, he would have achieved in my opinion. Of course other projects like the deep sea port, Lekki Airport, power generation and others should go on side by side but I will prioritise those 4 above if I were him.

#s 1 & 2 are sacrosanct IMO. #s 3&4 can wait for his second term
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Dapinski: :

Bittersweet news though. Any good news for Lagos is always bittersweet for Lagosians because it will translate into more inward migration into the only State that is working and moving forward in Nigeria.

Rapidly growing population density overwhelms infrastructure in the end
You feel the population cos we don't have a well planned state.. if they can develop the railway, have enough to move goods out of wharf, have enough to run to different locations within the state.. have some linking the neighbouring states, you ll see that lagos ll become relaxed..

Great points you both...

Looking on the bright side, I believe Ogun and other neighbouring States needs to accelerate their urban development program. There is a Development Agenda for South-West Nigeria(DAWN) that sets a vision for the 6-South-West states. Among others a connected intra-city rail is one of them. The idea is that each state will build her intra-city rail and connect with neighbouring states. These is one area that Governors should chase doggedly over the next decade. People will be more dispersed and not overload Lagos when they know they can move both human and goods across SW states with the rails.

1 Like

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by wman(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
Someone on Twitter pointed out how this is an embezzlement scheme that has been going on since the days of Fashola.

Fashola, Ambode and now Sanwo-Olu bought these same trains. Note the dates on the news reports.

https://twitter.com/Ambrosia_Ijebu/status/1483662850904276994?t=vvDA4Bfhk2-CB93Tis_OTw&s=19

Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
ajl:

Amen for me.

You want yours to be like the way Ikpeazu Kalu Orji Abaribe Ekweremadu Theodore Orji, Umahi, Okorocha Uzodinma handled their states?
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
Dapinski:

ajl: :

A knowledgeable person, not the ignorant average Nigerian with thinking influenced by ethnocentric and sectional bias, would say yes to your prayer.

That is because Tinubu has factually improved Lagos far more than other leaders have improved their State.

As an example, Bayelsa became bankrupt and moribund under GEJ when he should be responsible for the direction of the State, as her political father, after he has been her Governor, our Nation's VP and then President.

Meanwhile Lagos has gone from strength to strength. Yet same Nigerians who savage Tinubub24/7 praise the failure GEJ and even want him back as President.

Meanwhile Tinubu never rest on Lagos affairs whereas GEJ, Atiku, Obi, Kalu and many others don't give a toss about their States.

Chsrity should begin at home and Tinubu wins hands down in this regard. Most abuse and attacks against him is misinformed, envy-driven, unobjective, ignorant and biased.

Outside Nigeria, where they don't host the bias the average Nigerian does, Tinubu is viewed the best and most impactful administrator of Nigeria in the modern age.

Bros,

Me I said Amen to the prayer. Let his own life be handled the way his Eastern Governors have handled their states
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
anonimi:

Very true.
After almost 25 years of looting, borrowing and revenue growth with plenty empty promises by Fashola the APC poster boy on something that Jonathan built in 5 years for Abuja/Kaduna after reviving the railways wrecked by GMB and other military dictators?
Even Addis Ababa/Ethiopia that was hit by famine in 1984 when GMB cancelled Lagos metro construction has built a light rail in 5 years also.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/114370-lagos-light-rail-project-to-be-ready-in-june-fashola.html

Something Jonathan built in 5years? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You can delude yourself and change narrative on a project Jonathan inherited from OBJ and could not complete in 5yrs.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by tolue42(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
King44:
Smh I think it's not worth the hype but they had a faire deal. It's not worth it.

2002 to 2022 haba

Besides, it was built for the need of Milwalki or whatever not Lagosians.

Awon oniranu go still use this one campaign for Tinubu

I never see 2002 in the news up there..
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by mapet: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
mathsoftme:
Where Rtn Hon. Chibike Amaechi, I hope he can learn this and stop borrowing low speed trains from China.

Low speed trains from China? You lot just regurgitate and spew out rubbish.
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by tolue42(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
wman:
Someone on Twitter pointed out how this is an embezzlement scheme that has been going on since the days of Fashola.

Fashola, Ambode and now Sanwo-Olu bought these same trains. Note the dates on the news reports.

https://twitter.com/Ambrosia_Ijebu/status/1483662850904276994?t=vvDA4Bfhk2-CB93Tis_OTw&s=19

So you believe what you read on Twitter? Ambode even distanced himself from any Lagos Rail during his tenure.....so why are you people being mischief like this ?
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by tolue42(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
I'm very happy with this American made trains, not all those Chinese train that'll faid away withing couple of years ...
Re: Trains Built For Milwaukee-Madison High-Speed Rail Line Are Coming To Lagos by naptu2: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys Share Ur Us Visa Interview Here / New Anambra Airport Records 142 Flights, 3,865 Passengers In One Month / See The State Of Mile 2 Road This Morning Cause By Petrol Tankers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.