Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,550 members, 7,801,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ (45590 Views)

Abike Dabiri: Al-Mustapha Saved Me From Being Raped As Investigative Journalist / Aisha Umar: Abaribe Kicks As Buhari Nominates Chairman, DG For PENCOM Board / Aisha Umar Ardo Has Been Released. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by iwaeda: 11:39am On Jan 19, 2022
Aisha Umar, a female Internally Displaced Person (IDP) in Borno State, has taken her life after allegedly being raped by an official of an International Non-Governmental Organisation (name withheld).

The deceased, who was into menial jobs for survival, was reportedly lured to the apartment of the suspect at 303 Housing Estate, near Dalori IDP camp, Maiduguri, under the guise of cleaning the place.

The suspect identified as Huzaif Adam, 35,  was said to have forcefully had sex with her when she came into his apartment.

According to a source, the victim’s cry for help attracted neighbours to Adam’s apartment, but he had already raped her by then.

The neighbours were said to have forced his door open.

The source said the victim, who was traumatised rushed to Adam’s kitchen where she picked up a knife that she used to stab herself.

She died moments later at the hospital.

A police officer, who confirmed the incident to Daily Trust, said  the suspect was detained at Gwange Division of Borno Police Command after his arrest but he was later transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID).

“We arrested the perpetrator but he has now been transferred to the SCID. His case file is in Gwange Divisional of Police,” the officer said.

Executive Director  Women in the New Nigeria and Youth Empowerment initiative, Comrade Lucy D Yunana,  said she visited both Gwange Police Station and University of Maiduguri to ascertain the incident.

“I was contacted via my office and I called Commissioner of Sport after. The incident happened around our Area 303/202 EFCC area. I saw the perpetrator and interviewed him, and also saw the corpse of the innocent girl at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH). It’s a really sad incident; justice should be served.

“The girl was crying and quoted as saying, ‘Why would you do this to me?’ Instead of bringing shame to my parents after disflowering me, I rather die than go home.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-idp-commits-suicide-after-being-raped-by-ngo-official

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by iwaeda: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2022
May God deal with sponsors of bandits and boko haram

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Hungerbadoo: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2022
Imagine the rise of violent crimes in displacement camps. This requires urgent humanitarian attention but sadly some are taking over the advantage. Bastard son of a thousand father NGO official.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by iwaeda: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2022
Hungerbadoo:
Imagine

Original Hungerbad resting with Baba angry grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Hungerbadoo: 11:48am On Jan 19, 2022
iwaeda:

Original Hungerbad resting with Baba angry grin grin grin
Oga mi no be small thing we the hear for 9ja oo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Ezehillary(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2022
She made the wrong choice by commiting suicide

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Maxymilliano(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2022
“The girl was crying and quoted as saying, ‘Why would you do this to me?’ Instead of bringing shame to my parents after disflowering me, I rather die than go home.”
Very heart touching cry

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Moferere: 11:50am On Jan 19, 2022
Terrible, I don't know what people gain from rape. undecided
The accused should face the full wrath of the law. If possible, he should be brought to the village square for proper flogging.
Nansense undecided

16 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Solofresh2: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2022
Why committing sucide

6 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
This is so bad tho..why rape a woman just like that..

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
The stupid foreigner go pay for this nonsense

2 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by helinues: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
undecided
Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by LogicBomb8: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
...if only this case wont be overlooked ...if only

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by DropsMic(m): 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
Some guys are just insane..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Most men and wickedness is unimaginable.. cry

4 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
embarassed

1 Like

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ezehillary:
She made the wrong choice
And what choice was that?

2 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Perfecttouchade: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
Omg

1 Like

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Leonbonapart(m): 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
If insurgency persist more than 3 months, government is involved

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by MorataFC: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
Why now?

1 Like

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by StaminaGuide: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
We the male folks needs to take responsibility in ending rape. I hope the Adam crime is given a deserved sentence eventually.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Samiah33(m): 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
Power intoxicate
Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Optimistguy1969: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
The caption tho'

Na wah o
Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by drLammy(m): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Just few minutes of dis-pleasure and sexual recklessness will shatter this foolish guy's life goal.
Men had been falling for ages and many more will still fall .
Rip to the innocent lady

1 Like

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by BelovedofLord: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
VERY disheartnening and cruel, indeed!
Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by money121(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ok
Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by Arijude(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Biafra ! What their forefathers did to Biafrans are happening to them. They will forever be in chaos !

3 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by seunaj: 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
5 minutes pleasure is not sufficient to leave someone else traumatized for the rest of her life

2 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by drkrest(m): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-idp-commits-suicide-after-being-raped-by-ngo-official

"The girl was crying and quoted as saying, ‘Why would you do this to me?’ Instead of bringing shame to my parents after disflowering me, I rather die than go home.”
This part sounded so emotional...some people believe that loss of self-esteem is worse than death.

5 Likes

Re: IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ by EnEnPeecee: 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Chai

This life no ballance at all at all. After surviving boko haram, hunger, frustration and depression, she still met her death due to one bastard with an unchecked libido. The truth of the matter is this. Staying in the camp is frustrating and raping her un top of that was the last straw that breaks the camels back.

Now, the government has a lot to do in meeting the needs of these people SECURITY wise, health wise and welfare wise. This is not the first case. There are allegations in the past about how SECURITY personnel who were drafted to the front (borno) to battle BH terrorists molesting these young girls and women in the IDP. Such cases should be revisited and justice be served on the culprits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HID Awolowo's Corpse And Casket (Photos) / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Welcomes Triplets, All Boys - Ragnar, Aiden, Liam / 6 Important Things To Do For Survival As Nigeria Gets Tougher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.