Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

How Police Racially Profiled Me – Nigerian-born Canadian Minister - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Police Racially Profiled Me – Nigerian-born Canadian Minister (460 Views)

Young Man Racially Profiled And Beaten By Police In USA (Graphic Content) / SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says / SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Police Racially Profiled Me – Nigerian-born Canadian Minister by Health16: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
Nigerian-born Canadian Justice Minister, ‘Kaycee Madu’, who was suspended from office, has cleared the air concerning his alleged traffic violations.

NEWSRAND had earlier reported that Madu was asked to step aside from his seat following an ongoing investigation of the Nigerian-born asking through a phone call for the revocation of his ticket fine for a driving violation.

The suspended minister took to his official social media handle to tweet about his call to the Edmonton Police Chief, stating that he never asked for his ticket to be rescinded.

https://newsrand.com/2022/01/19/how-police-racially-profiled-me-nigerian-born-canadian-minister/
Re: How Police Racially Profiled Me – Nigerian-born Canadian Minister by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
The second article states that he paid the $300 fine a few days later. Paying the fine rather than contesting the ticket is basically an admission of guilt.
Re: How Police Racially Profiled Me – Nigerian-born Canadian Minister by Nobody: 4:13am On Jan 20, 2022
1stGenAmerican:
The second article states that he paid the $300 fine a few days later. Paying the fine rather than contesting the ticket is basically an admission of guilt.

While i agree with you. He is an elected MP, a politician, and part of the ruling party in government.
Contesting the ticket would give him a lot of negative publicity.
Re: How Police Racially Profiled Me – Nigerian-born Canadian Minister by ebuka440: 10:44am On Jan 20, 2022
This is called racism. These white folks no get joy

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Troops Neutralised Several BHT/ISWAP / Two Policemen Killed As Armed Robbers Attack Bullion Van In Oyo (video) / The Biggest Scam In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.