Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Tithing And Christian Ignorance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing And Christian Ignorance (462 Views)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing And Christian Ignorance by DZTech: 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tithing is a JEWISH custom, not a Christian one.
Hence in it's defence, pastors only have recourse to the old testament- not a single word by Christ to His disciples on the subject. angry
The irony?

The CHRISTIAN practice, as depicted in the Acts of the Apostles, involved giving 10% ALL you had, to be shared equally amongst brethren. shocked
The disobedience to, and lying about which, killed Ananias and Sapphira.
And the Apostles worked ACTUAL jobs.
Try getting your pastor to preach THAT in church. cheesy

Now what would happen in your church, if you brought up this passage for your pastor's input at Bible study? wink
God bless
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by DZTech: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2022
Lalasticlala,
I expected righteousness and other evangelists to jump on this thread o.
But notin notin.shocked
Wetin dey hapn na?
Lol
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by Dtruthspeaker: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2022
DZTech:
Lalasticlala,
I expected righteousness and other evangelists to jump on this thread o.
But notin notin.shocked
Wetin dey hapn na?
Lol

Because you are completely wrong. But as with other Laws, every one has a choice to choose to either obey or choose to fabricate excuses for refusing to obey.

To Christians we know it is sufficient that Christ Said "if you Love Me, keep my Commandments".
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by DZTech: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Oooh!
A comment!
Welcome brethren. grin
So, which of Christ's quotes would you be dishing out today, to show I'm completely wrong?
Dtruthspeaker:

Because you are completely wrong. But as with other Laws, every one has a choice to choose to either obey or choose to fabricate excuses for refusing to obey.

To Christians we know it is sufficient that Christ Said "if you Love Me, keep my Commandments".
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
DZTech:
not a single word by Christ to His disciples on the subject. angry
The irony?

As the rich man who could not walk away from his riches proved, a person can pay Tithes, yet he shall not have Life.

Thus, if you examine all of Christ's teachings, you will see that they are all centred on Life and Death Only!

DZTech:

Oooh!
A comment!
Welcome brethren. grin
So, which of Christ's quotes would you be dishing out today, to show I'm completely wrong?

So, I laid it ""if you Love Me, keep my Commandments". Christ Said!
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
There was no tithing after the establishment of Christianity.
As for what you're referring to at Act chapter 2 it wasn't the initiative from God's Holy Spirit, rather it was some rich Christians who suggested that since some of them were rich and many among them were poor, they will like to help the poor among them by selling whatever possession they knew is of lesser importance to them and bring all the money to the apostles, then let the poor ones also sell whatever they feel is of less importance to them and bring all the money so that they can share everything equally.
So if Dangote sold a property worth ₦100 m and a poor man also sold an old pot worth ₦100 by the end of the day both Dangote and the poor man will return home with equal amount of money.
That's why Ananias and Saphiras sold their own property and kept some money back.

After the death of Ananias and Saphiras the arrangement was cancelled!
WHY?
If the news should spread it will sound as if they were practicing occultism. How can a man and his wife leave home joyfully to the church and both of them died and were buried by the church?
Do you think such a story will go down well with the Jews back then who hated the movement?

Of course the arrangement was wrong because those who suggested it never walked with Jesus, so they thought they can eradicate poverty among the Christians. So it was late that those who were with Jesus remembered his statement:

For you always have the poor with you, and you can do them good whenever you want to, but you will not always have me. Mark 14:7

The point of emphasis here is that poor ones will always be a part of the Christian congregation, so the move to eradicate poverty was wrong.

Despite that Ananias and Saphiras were killed by the spirit that goes against divisiveness.
So when the Church makes a decision and you don't like it the best you can do is stay away from their midst because the spirit there may strike whoever goes against what has been decided upon whether it's right or wrong! Matthew 16:19

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by DZTech: 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
It's Christ's commandment on tithing that I'm waiting for you to quote.
Dtruthspeaker:

As the rich man who could not walk away from his riches proved, a person can pay Tithes, yet he shall not have Life.

Thus, if you examine all of Christ's teachings, you will see that they are all centred on Life and Death Only!

So, I laid it ""if you Love Me, keep my Commandments". Christ Said!
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by DZTech: 2:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
It was cancelled, how?
Kindly quote the passages.
MaxInDHouse:

After the death of Ananias and Saphiras the arrangement was cancelled!
WHY?
If the news should spread it will sound as if they were practicing occultism. How can a man and his wife leave home joyfully to the church and both of them died and were buried by the church?

So...
The Jews never found out?
And the same Jews who stoned Stephen, they needed a good reason like "occultism" to persecute Christians?

Do you think such a story will go down well with the Jews back then who hated the movement?

Wow.
And the Apostles who prayed before instituting the policy-
They were led by which Spirit?

Of course the arrangement was wrong because those who suggested it never walked with Jesus, so they thought they can eradicate poverty among the Christians. So it was late that those who were with Jesus remembered his statement:

For you always have the poor with you, and you can do them good whenever you want to, but you will not always have me. Mark 14:7
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2022
DZTech:

It was cancelled, how?
Kindly quote the passages.
So...
The Jews never found out?
And the same Jews who stoned Stephen, they needed a good reason like "occultism" to persecute Christians?
Wow.
And the Apostles who prayed before instituting the policy-
They were led by which Spirit?

Do you know where the Bible said they prayed before implementing what those rich brothers suggested? undecided
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by dulux07(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
If you study your Bible well, No pastor can cajole or enforce you to pay tithe.

Though, there is nothing wrong with tithing, so it shouldn't be discouraged, since funds are needed to move the church forward besides it is a displined way a xtian can give back to the church, which is commendable.

Jesus wasn't against it when he was asked, but said there are more important things Matt 23:23, because Sacrificial giving should be an attribute of a true xtian mark12:41-44. If you decide not to pay tithe, I hope you are generous to the church, that is the main thing. Most xtians who are quick to condemn tithes aren't generous to the church and people around them, even though they claim to prefer giving their tithes to the less privilege undecided
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by Dtruthspeaker: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
DZTech:
It's Christ's commandment on tithing that I'm waiting for you to quote.

Christ Said "Keep my Commandments" and tithing is in the Commandment.
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by DZTech: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
Abeg, quote where Jesus talk am o.
Dtruthspeaker:

Christ Said "Keep my Commandments" and tithing is in the Commandment.
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by Dtruthspeaker: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
DZTech:
Abeg, quote where Jesus talk am o.

John 14:15
Exodus 23:14- 19 specifically verse 16-19

Repeated a Second time after Moses broke the first Tablets, Exodus 34: 21-26
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

John 14:15
Exodus 23:14- 19 specifically verse 16-19

Where is Jesus specific commandments concerning tithing in what you quoted?
Re: Tithing And Christian Ignorance by Dtruthspeaker: 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Where is Jesus specific commandments concerning tithing in what you quoted?

Mathew 22:22, repeated by Luke 20:25.

(1) (Reply)

MY Daily Faith Declaration... Life Is No Longer A MYSTERY / Sidney Poitier. Scenes From "Lilies Of The Field" / Russia Invasion Of Ukraine Violation Of Un Charter Of Article 2(4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.