Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (23432 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
Re-reading The client by John Grisham. . . not fun at all sad

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Bawss1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2011
dominique:

re-reading The client by John Grisham. . . not fun at all sad

So why are you re reading it?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2011

[size=13pt]
Good Magic by Marina Medici
When I first started doing magick I found it very hard to find a good book that explained the basics (casting a circle) well. That is actully had them at all and with little religious bias. This book was perfect grin. it contains all the basics of casting a circle, the elements, and basic tools. It also contains many simple, yet effective, spells for magickians of all levels of experience. PLUS it is in gorgeous full color photos that illustrate easily everything it talks about. Oh, and did I mention the easy to use reference charts for everything from type of spell for a specific purpose to stones to herbs grin.

This book covers a little bit of everything, well! I strongly reccomend this book to beginners, and for the spells therein people of all levels of experience. Teachers try this as a new starter book it works great! Enjoy! wink
[/size]
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by webbjamie(m): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2011
Nothern lights-Philip pullman
The subtle knife-philip pullman
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2011
Bawss1:

So why are you re reading it?

boredom.

@topic
nothing at the moment.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2011
[size=13pt]I apologize to Mr. Pullman, for as much as I adore The Golden Compass, I cannot bring myself to finish The Subtle Knife, or the rest of His Dark Materials, for that matter grin grin.

Before I begin explaining why I stopped, let me put it out there that I am not a religious person but have alifestle and path in Satan grin , and that I was not attracted to HDM for the controversy. In fact, I decided to read it because it was recommended as a similar read to Philip Reeve's Mortal Engines. And have no doubts, it was, and I enjoyed The Golden Compass immensely kiss kiss: everything the detailed world-building, the armored bears, the river-living gyptians, Arctic witches, the magical, almost-Victorian London. However, unlike MEC, HDM turns unexpectedly the moment Lyra crosses into our world. Everything I loved about the first book vanished once Pullman started writing about the politics between worlds, angels, and in all, leaving behind the intricate, colorful world of TGC; Pullman lost the sense of adventure and whimsy when he headed into hard-handed religious musings.

Mr. Pullman, I would have enjoyed a children's book version of Paradise Lost immensely, but I feel as if I were tricked into following a pretty lure instead cheesy.

webb jamie You know great books. . . .WOW! kiss
[/size]

Three stars, not because of what the book was, but because of what I wanted it to be wink.

webb jamie:

Nothern lights-Philip pullman
The subtle knife-philip pullman
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by kadman(m): 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
I'm reading Song Of Fire And Ice series

I'm just finished Clash Of Kings
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2011
Decline and fall of the roman empire(vol 1)

its going to be a very long week.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2011
[size=13pt]I'll go for this next week. . . been hearing about this book grin[/size]

sir george:

Decline and fall of the roman empire(vol 1)

its going to be a very long week.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2011
I'll be done with John Grisham's THE PARTNER today, and I have others lined up, I don't know which to read next: Stephen Hawkings; A Brief History of Time, Scott Turrow; The Burden of Proof, Patricia Cornwell; Hornet's Nest, Harlan Corben; Just One Look. Ken Follet; A Place Called Freedom, Margaret Truman; Murder at Ford's Theatre, Clive Cussler; Sahara, Bryce Courtenay; The Power of One, Carolyn Hart; Letter From Home, Sandra Brown; Ricochet, etc. . . I 'greedily' bought them once, now I don't know which to read next. Can someone gimme a suggestion?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2011
[size=13pt]Oh now that's a whole sets of interesting books ~ grin grin

Funny You've bought all at once . . . .I can see you really need a slap true true man. . . Well , I'll recommend you should read Murder at Ford's Theatre and The Power of One friend~ hope to hear feedback from you after readings these books wink.
[/size]
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
slap1:

I'll be done with John Grisham's THE PARTNER today, and I have others lined up, I don't know which to read next: Stephen Hawkings; A Brief History of Time, Scott Turrow; The Burden of Proof, Patricia Cornwell; Hornet's Nest, Harlan Corben; Just One Look. Ken Follet; A Place Called Freedom, Margaret Truman; Murder at Ford's Theatre, Clive Cussler; Sahara, Bryce Courtenay; The Power of One, Carolyn Hart; Letter From Home, Sandra Brown; Ricochet, etc. . . I 'greedily' bought them once, now I don't know which to read next. Can someone gimme a suggestion?

nice selection you have there. lucky you, at least you have somewhere to 'greedily' buy books. i'll suggest you start with Ken Follet. though the title is unfamilair to me, but his books are always captivating.
Ricochet is one of the worst Sandra Brown novels i've ever read-nothing exciting about the book, just there. Patricia Cornwell and Scott Turrow are cool. i'm not very familiar with the other authours,
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
currently reading Undue Influence byShelby Yastrow. very amateurishly written, shows its the debut by the authour. will manage cos i'm running out of options.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by kemmeye: 2:17am On Jun 22, 2011
shattered. by Dick francis

1 Like

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by kemmeye: 2:18am On Jun 22, 2011
shattered. by diick francis this thing wont write it the right way jare
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
[size=13pt]Dominique. . . . .  grin i have notice you dunno wanna have conversation with me ?  wink Why OH WHY  shocked[/size]
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Xfactor2(f): 5:06am On Jun 23, 2011
A World I never made by James Lapore
The Pursuit of Happiness[i] by [/i]Douglas Kennedy
The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born by [/i]Ayi Kwei Armah
Anthills of the Savannah [i]by
Chinua Achebe

Please check out my book review site and give comment. and if you happen to be a writer maybe I can do a feature on you, let me know. Today I'm featuring Aslaan's storry whom we all know here.: [email]fabulosityreads@gmail.com[/email]
http://fabulosityreads..com/
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 11:40am On Jun 24, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Dominique. . . . .  grin i have notice you dunno wanna have conversation with me ?  wink Why OH WHY  shocked[/size]

undecided
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by webbjamie(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2011
Please would anyone be so kind as to suggest a really good book on jewish lore.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2011
still reading Undue Influence by Shelby Yastrow
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 25, 2011
Thanks, Dominique and Ogaga, for the suggestions. I'm now reading Margaret Thruman's MURDER AT FORD'S THEATRE. I'm loving it, so far.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Acidosis(m): 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2011
''why you act the way you do'' by Tim Lahaye

1 Like

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:27am On Jun 26, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah , that's what I've notice from you . smiley[/size]

dominique:

undecided
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:30am On Jun 26, 2011
[size=13pt]You're most Welcome dear. . . .i believe you'll enjoy every recommended book to you. wink
[/size]
slap1:

Thanks, Dominique and Ogaga, for the suggestions. I'm now reading Margaret Thruman's MURDER AT FORD'S THEATRE. I'm loving it, so far.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ekiti1: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2011
Just finished "the godfather" by mario puzo. The best mafia novel I ve ever read.
Dont kno what to read next. Have about 15 James hadley chase, 5 John Grisham, 4 Robert ludlum and a host of others all in pdf format.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
[size=13pt]Ekiti1 dear that's a very good read from you ~~ grin i have read this book and really influence ma life one way or the other cheesy cheesy wink . [/size]

Ekiti1:

Just finished "the godfather" by mario puzo. The best mafia novel I ve ever read.
Dont kno what to read next. Have about 15 James hadley chase, 5 John Grisham, 4 Robert ludlum and a host of others all in pdf format.

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2011
FINALLY gotten my hands on Half a yellow sun by Chimanmada Adiche- Happy days are here again cheesy
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by MyneWhite1(f): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2011
Back to my Nigerian writer's books. Started on The Dust must Settle by Obinna Ozoigbo but had to abandon it halfway for Monty by Phillip Effiong.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Connoisseur(m): 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
Reading Robert Ludlum's Road to Omaha and finding it very boring. Got another one lined up though; Recalled to Life by Reginald Hill.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by shilling(f): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2011
Was reading Come Thirsty by Max Lucado this afternoon but that's been abandoned cos I got too bored. Will be reading something new later today.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by TeeJay6(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ake: Wole Soyinka
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
Finished Burma Boy after 3 long weeks. That was one helluva tedious book. Where is Spikedcylinder? I need to shake her for making me read that boring book.

Now reading Kehinde - Buchi Emecheta. Much better read

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Chimamanda Vs Chinua Achebe,who Is A Better Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.