Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) (41896 Views)

Noo Saro-Wiwa: We Had To Reassemble His Skeleton' - Ken Saro Wiwa's Daughter / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by CallMeDrino: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2022
Maria Saro-Wiwa, widow of the environmental activist and poet, Ken Saro-Wiwa, has passed on, Igbere TV reports.

Her daughter Noo Saro-Wiwa announced her death on social media on Wednesday, saying she died in her sleep on Sunday.

Born in 1949, Maria, a trained teacher, married the late environmental activist in 1966.

Noo said, “No words can express how much I love her and how grateful I am for all that she has done for our family. Her strength will always be my inspiration.”

Noo also praised her mother for her strength in raising five children – three boys and two girls — after her husband’s death.

Two of Saro-Wiwa’s sons have since passed on.

“Right up until the end she was mowing the lawn and moving furniture against mine and her doctor’s orders. Her independence was paramount. But it was hard to watch her anguish over her sons’ deaths. My biggest fear was that she would outlive yet another one of her children. So when I found her in bed on Sunday, having passed away in her sleep, there was a sense of relief. She is at peace now,” Noo added.

Saro-Wiwa was killed alongside eight other Ogoni people in 1995 after being tried by a special military tribunal under then head of state Sani Abacha for allegedly masterminding the killing of Ogoni chiefs at a pro-government meeting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY6rzucsqUh/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by CallMeDrino: 8:52am On Jan 20, 2022
More

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2022
RIP Ma. it seems she's a negro, the hair

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Maxymilliano(m): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2022
What a sad news ... Rest in peace madam Maria Kenule Saro-Wiwa cry

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Golan007: 9:00am On Jan 20, 2022
May her soul rest in peace.

4 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by cherishmichael: 9:07am On Jan 20, 2022
Chai!, Such is life.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by overdrive(m): 9:08am On Jan 20, 2022
Mixed? Rip ma.

1 Like

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Landmack: 9:11am On Jan 20, 2022
Who are those mulattos? Grand kids?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Jakumo(m): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2022
tollyboy5:

Wow, you are such a brilliant detective. Who would have guessed that a black woman from Nigeria would also be a "negro"?

You should consider enrolling in the FBI or MI6, considering your genius-level deductive reasoning.

207 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Cholls(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2022
Landmack:

If we check carefully. That guy is an ipob member. They just drop comments carelessly without reasoning grin

7 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 9:25am On Jan 20, 2022
Landmack:

If we check carefully. That guy is an ipob member. They just drop comments carelessly without reasoning grin
You must be sick and know nothing!

The woman in question might be a nigerian. With the negro kids around her its easy to refer to them as negros without background check.
You're just too quick to name IPOB. What has IPOB done to you personally?

Edited: because i use negro doesn't mean i don't know it basically means black.
Intuition is what you just need to understand what i'm saying

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Penguin2: 9:31am On Jan 20, 2022
Ken Saro Wiwa...

The first person to say “awa oyel” in 1896 and fought Igbo leaders of old Eastern Nigeria because of same oyel that the Fulanis are swimming in today.

During the war he masterminded the seizure of assets and landed properties belonging to Ndigbo in Port Harcourt and while the north and West returned theirs, Ken Saro Wiwa never relinquished his.

Such a greedy man he was.

RIP ma’am!

Tell your husband he was a dickhead undecided

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by KanoFirstSon: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2022
tollyboy5:

Na wa for u. Who doesn’t know that? Guy it’s very clear she’s a nigerian

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by christejames(m): 9:35am On Jan 20, 2022
May her Soul rest find eternal Rest...

I just hope the urchins of that desperate man from Lagos doesn't use her and her husband to score some cheap political points as they did to our revered MKO.

Watch as his urchins come after me.

2 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by kenny714433(m): 9:42am On Jan 20, 2022
RIP ma'am

Ogoni fior fior... grin

Whatsoever that means, IDK
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 9:44am On Jan 20, 2022
Penguin2:
Ken Saro Wiwa...

The first person to say “awa oyel” in 1896 and fought Igbo leaders of old Eastern Nigeria because of same oyel that the Fulanis are swimming in today.

During the war he masterminded the seizure of assets and landed properties belonging to Ndigbo in Port Harcourt and while the north and West returned theirs, Ken Saro Wiwa never relinquished his.

Such a greedy man he was.

RIP ma’am!

Tell your husband he was a dickhead undecided
Lol this is what you have to say. Over to niger delta people cheesy
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Blackfire(m): 10:40am On Jan 20, 2022
I don't understand the pictures

3 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Mummytoo: 10:55am On Jan 20, 2022
Rip

Nothing dey this life
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by abeano: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2022
Rip to her

Buhari is a terrible human being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Lucyfa10: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2022
Oh death! where is thy sting?
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 11:01am On Jan 20, 2022
May her soul rest in peace, amen....
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by humberjade: 11:02am On Jan 20, 2022
RIP

So she was 17 years old in this picture? Interesting shocked

Indeed, she has suffered alot, seen so many horrible things in her life time; losing her husband in that manner, singlehandedly raised five kids, and then losing 2 of them. I pray God grant her soul eternal peace.

24 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Phock2sweet: 11:03am On Jan 20, 2022
I believe after ken's death she still got a lover that was shining her Kongo for her.

Well r.i.p.
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by money121(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by Ramos16(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2022
tollyboy5:

tollyboy5:

You must be sick and know nothing!

The woman in question might be a nigerian. With the negro kids around her its easy to refer to them as negros without background check.
You're just too quick to name IPOB. What has IPOB done to you personally?

The hell is wrong with you? Is your brain weak?

17 Likes

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by delzbaba(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2022
tollyboy5:
wait let me check your brain

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:04am On Jan 20, 2022
I love dat part: " Died in her sleep on SUNDAY"
Wat a good way to go n be with the Lord.......
Rest on ma.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maria Saro-Wiwa Is Dead! Ken Saro-Wiwa’s Wife Dies (Photos) by rabexew653: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2022
May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga / Desmond Elliot's Mum At His Inauguration (Photos) / Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.