Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,688 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? (32848 Views)

Pls!!how Much Is Needed To Get A Fibroid Surgery Done / Fibroid Cure / Has Fibroid At The Age Of 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Oluchia(f): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2007
Recently, I noticed that my tummy was getting a little bigger than normal and considering the fact that Fibroid seems to run in my family as my two Aunties suffered from it, I became suspicious.

I had to go for a pelvic scan yesterday, and lo and behold my worst fear was comfirmed; I have posterior Fibroid. i'm so scared and confussed and I don't know what to do. Although the doctor said it's a small growth and that surgery might not be needed yet, I'm afraid it might get bigger and more complicated if nothing is done.

One of my friends suggested using herbal medicine but I'm not sure about that either. Please can someone help me? cry
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by naijacutee(f): 10:18am On Jul 31, 2007
Hey Oluchia, I completely do sympathise with you. However, with the advent of medicine, it is now possible to treat fibroids with minimal adverse effects, provided they are detected early. Herbal medicine (Not traditional) does seem like quite a plan, as lots of people here are turning to alternative medicine because of the side effects of synthetic medicine. If you give me your e-mail address or phone number, I could e-mail or text you the number of someone who you could speak to. Take care and I wish you all the best.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by angel101(f): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2007
@poster
let me first of all assure u that fibroids are not hereditary at all. rather they are pre dominant in african and carribean women. not all fibroids are troublesome it depends on where they are positioned. now, i dont know about alternative medicine but i do know that they can be shrunk by injections, there are also non invasive surgery procedures that can be used to remove them but by and large, i think u need to speak to ur doctors as they would be in the best position to advise regarding ur peculiar situation. by all means seek a second opinion if u are not convinced by what u are told initially.
All the best.

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by spikedcylinder: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2007
Oluchia, thats so sad. I feel for you. My mum had this same problem 13 years ago and she had surgery for it. Just want to give you a hug. Pele.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by dblock(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2007
Do not rely on Herbal Medicine.

My Aunt died of Fibroid.

A new operation has made it possible to remove the Fibroid indefinitely.

My Mom also has Fibroid, and she has went through many operations to remove fibroid growths.

The operations have all been successful, and my mum is healthy.

Hospitals in Nigeria are capable of dealing with the disease.

My Aunt died because of the ignorance of my uncle, so don't doubt the capability of Nigerian Hospitals.

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Oluchia(f): 10:56am On Jul 31, 2007
@ All
Thanks for your quick response and Advice.

@Naijacutee
will really appreciate your help.
@Angel101,
Thanks, I'll definitely seek for further advice
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by holythug(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2007
Herbal medicine seems fine, but surgery is no good cos its risk and will definately grow back again from time to time so how many surgeries are u willin to take come to tink of it if u seek advice from a gynaecologist and d fibroid does not affect your fertility, den u r on d safe side, b @ ease sista u knw naira guyz are intelligent n r willin to help a co-nairaland
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by holythug(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2007
my mum too has it lot of discomfort during menstruation, prolonged menstrual cycle, excessive bleeding all dis is not good to go thru but shes on some sort of drugs dats regulating it, n as for me i work in a fertility clinic, dats y i tink operations depends on d type of fibriod
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by karlken(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2007
@Holythug,surgeries are indicated 4 symptomatic fibroids or when it affects fertility.@poster,talk to ur Dr. If their is no inconvenience yet,no intervention will be necessary. cool
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by skillmyman(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2007
Oluchia,

I really feel for u. I just want u to know that it is a situation that can be overcome.
U can read about fibroid from the internet and find ways other than surgery to resolve the situation.
there is a new procedure that i read about which tends to shrink the fibroid till it disappears.

cheers in ur search for a solution
GOD be with u.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Cool: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2007
Hi,
Please do not be worried.

Statistically, 75% of black women have fibroids; only sizes vary. Most people are never aware of it. A fibroid is not a cause for alarm and only needs to be treated if it is causing physical problems. It seems your concerns are more psychological than physical.

There are many reasons why your tummy could be getting bigger. Most commonly, it could be due to a general gain in weight. Furthermore, a posterior fibroid does not quickly show in the tummy. It has to be of a significant size before you can see/feel it through your tummy.

I have a medical background and I agree with your doctor. From everything you posted, surgery is not indicated. You do not need to do anything at all. It could remain at that size or even shrink of its own accord. Just forget about it and relax.

I repeat, there is no cause for concern.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Oluchia(f): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2007
@Cool
Thanks for the concern. Actually I don't have any physical problem so to say. I've done a little research on my own and found out that most times there are no symptoms except for maybe heavy menstrual flow and abdominal pains. And so far I've not experienced any of these but I'm still worried about the size cos I can feel it with my hands if I'm lying down flat on my back. From the report, the size is 73mm x 86mm as against that of the uterus which is 90mm x 117(AP x Length). So what do you think?
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by darfur(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2007
oluchi the most important thing for you to do now is to calm down. fibroids is something that can be comfortably handled by nigerian gynaecologists. i'm sure there are lot's of them there in lagos. no skaking. inugo? no fear, no wahala.

some women carry fibrioids all thier life and still have children. just make sure you see a gynaecologist and not just any doctor and dont you ever, i repeat ever, think of herbal medicine or any other form of medical attention except from a gynaecologist.
herbal medicine and other concotions may damage your liver and /or kidney and if that happens. . . . . hnnmm babygirl, . . .let me just say that should not happen.

so find a gynaecologist and register with him/her and the gynaecologist will take over.

smile you have a good life ahead. nothing dey happen wink
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Oluchia(f): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2007
Thanks Darfur. I'm feeling better already. smiley
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by ngongo(f): 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2007
Hi Oluchi,
I had a case of fibriod before ,I got married,but I ignored it,and didn't think,it was something serious,until after my wedding.
I took in,and had a miscarriage,and the docs confirmed that it was the fibriod.I eventually had to go for an operation to remove it,and I thank God,I've conceived now.I'll advise that you find out the type of fibriod it is,some can affect one's fertility,and others dont.
I have friends,that claim,they have it,and still conceived,and gave birth,while my case was different.It was really frustrating,'cause I had to wait for many years without conceiving,before I finally went for the operation,and I thank God,all went well.
I'll advise you see a gynaecologist for further advice,and beware of herbal drugs,I heard all sorts,when i had it,but i eventually had to get medical attention.Just try to act fast,before it grows so much.
God will surely see you through.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Gmoney5(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2007
Take the word of God and apply it. His word says you are healed. No medical verdict can overcome the word of God but you can only connect to God's word with Joy and faith. Don't let fear bug your life because joy needs to be in your life for God to be there, "In the presence of God, there is fullness of Joy". To have faith, you have to study all the scriptures related to that so that you will know that it is the will of God as God only responds to prayers that are in line with His will. Read Deut 7:15 and Ijohn 5:14 & 15 to start,

Stay blessed.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2007
@oluchia,

I Thank God that you detected it early enough.

My wife had fibroid sometimes two years ago and i was devastated on hearing the news, however succour came our way when we came in contact with the one of the most experience gyneacologist around.

I will strongly recommend that you visit this woman- her name is Dr Aina of Lagos State Teaching Hospital (Lasuth) Ikeja. She makes it so simple and a routine procedure that you will barely believe all the noise about Fibroid.

Pls give her a try and and you will be happy you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by spikedcylinder: 4:04am On Aug 01, 2007
G-money:

Take the word of God and apply it. His word says you are healed. No medical verdict can overcome the word of God but you can only connect to God's word with Joy and faith. Don't let fear bug your life because joy needs to be in your life for God to be there, "In the presence of God, there is fullness of Joy". To have faith, you have to study all the scriptures related to that so that you will know that it is the will of God as God only responds to prayers that are in line with His will. Read Deut 7:15 and Ijohn 5:14 & 15 to start,

Stay blessed.

Won tun ti de o! undecided
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Gmoney5(m): 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2007
Beni, A tun ti de. A ti gbe oro Jesu de.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by endychux: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2007
Oluchi,

I am the person that called u this morning telling u about my wifey's exp. let me have ur e-mail add or u can mail me at nachezki@yahoo.com
don't bother much, u'll be okay.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by gnldhealth: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2007
gnld products are expensive but reliable. i have products that can eliminate fibroid call eddy 08076743434 for your products to day
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by dblock(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2007
Nice Commercial. Mr GLND.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Shirleyblu: 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2007
Hi Oluch, how are you? Just went thru dis post n i decided to send you this. Have u heard abt Tahitian Noni Juice? My best friend had fibrod n lost a pregnancy so she started using d juice. Her fibrod shrunk n within a yr, she had a baby girl. Thats just one out of many cases. If u need 2 knw more cal Sola on 08022021127. Pls theres also sometin i knw dat works, PRAYER. Be sure 2 do dat. Later.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Shirleyblu: 11:15pm On Aug 14, 2007
Hi Oluch, how are you? Just went thru dis post n i decided to send you this. Have u heard abt Tahitian Noni Juice? My best friend had fibrod n lost a pregnancy so she started using d juice. Her fibrod shrunk n within a yr, she had a baby girl. Thats just one out of many cases. If u need 2 knw more cal Sola on 08022021127. Pls theres also sometin i knw dat works, PRAYER. Be sure 2 do dat. Later.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by simplyme3(f): 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
@Poster - do u want to take to the advice of Nairalanders?

Why have u done this to yourself? Do you think they mean well for u? Common - u should know them by now - dey will only laugh behind u. Why not go to church? Your health problems is not a public issue to be discussed, they will only frighten u - go to a health worker and listen to what your doctor says, please.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Seun(m): 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
Don't go to a church. Go to the best doctors that you can afford. Fibroid is nothing new to them.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Shirleyblu: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2007
Any improvement wit ur fibroid? Just concerned, i want to know if u're doing ok.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by Aladunni(f): 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2007
Am fine now after the operation, my uterus is as normal as any sane being. no post operational symptoms. Just ok and i believe the babies are coming whenever they are needed.
A friend in ABJ did hers early last year, will soon put to bed, very healthy, no complications. Medicine is not what it used to be again, its far better now.
Worry less, its just a growth that must be removed.
Seun:

Don't go to a church. Go to the best doctors that you can afford. Fibroid is nothing new to them.
If you believe in God, go to church (if u r a christian) and let the people of God pray for the success of the surgery. Yoruba man says, "what is good needs prayer, what is not good also needs prayers". Abeg seek God ooooooooooooooo.
Luv u Oluchia, chat with me and i will give u d address to the gyneacologist.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by fobendo: 7:17am On Oct 08, 2007
Naijacutee could you be of help to me too, my wife is a fibroid patient,benconsult2003@yahoo.com,08023639663
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by rita4real: 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2008
Oluchia,

I really feel for you, But there are some Basic facts you need to know about Fibroid

The Basic Facts
Fibroid also known as leiomyoma or myoma, is a non cancerous growth made up of smooth muscles and fibrous tissues within or attached to the wall of the uterus (womb). Please, go to http//:fibroidtreatments..com
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by steaming(f): 9:48am On Jul 04, 2008
Honestly i am just so touched by the responses so far, not like the fibroid is gone already but i'm very sure Oluchia's fears have been allayed. That is what sharing is all about. I suggest you listen to the people who said they have had it and treated it successfully but above all, test all spirits. Be sure you can trust who you go to. All the best Sweetheart.

simply_me:

@Poster - do u want to take to the advice of Nairalanders?

Why have u done this to yourself? Do you think they mean well for u? Common - u should know them by now - dey will only laugh behind u. Why not go to church? Your health problems is not a public issue to be discussed, they will only frighten u - go to a health worker and listen to what your doctor says, please.

If problems and joys cannot be shared here, i wonder the essence of the site itself. Exactly where would anybody laugh at her problem and for what reason would nairalanders. It could happen to anybody and something worse at that. Pls be corrected.
Re: I Have A Fibroid: What Do I Do? by rita4real: 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2008
Hi
Believe d word of God in d Holy Bible.Isaiah 53:5 Says He was wounded 4 our trangressions he was bruised 4 our inquities, d chastisement of our peace was upon him:&wit his stripes we are healed
Believe Claim d s verses of d bible & ur healing is sure.Water & herbs are naturally gift , so witout it,one cannt substain life,Herbs that re 4 ds cure re got from d naturally plant,afford them & wit faith, key a prayer 2 it.
Visit ds site 4 more info:http://fibroidtreatments.bogspot.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Lady Who Gave Up Obesity To Live Healthy Lifestyle / Life After A CS Delivery Is So Challenging? / Evangelist Victoria Lasisi's Husband Commits Suicide In Ondo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.