Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots (23981 Views)

Ugwuanyi Receives Bubari At Enugu Airport / Fulanis In Oyo Can't Trace Their Roots To The North Again - Miyetti Allah / Ugwuanyi Receives Solar-Powered Automated Sanitizer Dispenser From IMT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by OEPHIUS(m): 4:09am On Jan 22, 2022
Gov. Ugwuanyi receives Haitian delegation in Enugu, as they trace their roots to Igboland

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, on Friday, received a Haitian delegation at the Government House, Enugu, amid excitement and fulfillment.

The 10-man Haitian delegation, led by Senator Moise Jean-Charles, were on a home-coming mission to Enugu, the historic capital of Igboland, to perform conventional Igbo rituals such as traditional naming and name adoption, after they traced their roots to Igboland.

Addressing the delegation, Gov. Ugwuanyi represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Prof. Simon Uchenna Ortuanya, delightfully welcomed them to Enugu State in particular and the entire Igboland in general, and commended them for the bold step.

Gov. Ugwuanyi also appreciated them for “keeping a date with history, for following your heart, and for following your roots and getting back to your roots”.

The governor, who stressed the significance of the visit, stated that “today is a new beginning for all of us”.

He added: “We open our doors to you and we are ready as we have demonstrated. We also want you to know that changing your names is in agreement with the Igbo tradition that you have a new name for a new born.

“Today, you are born new in Enugu State and in the land of your fathers. Congratulations!”

In his address, the leader of the delegation, Sen. Jean-Charles, who described the visit to Enugu State as home-coming, rooting back to their origin in Igboland, thanked Gov. Ugwuanyi for the hospitality accorded to them in the state.

He recounted the affinity of the people and culture of Enugu State and Haiti, revealing that Enugu has five letters as Haiti and that Enugu and Haiti mean cities on top of a hill.

According to the leader of the Haitian delegation, “I have visited many countries, many places around the world but this is the first time I have visited a country that everybody looks like me”.

Sen. Jean-Charles went further to say: “I have not come here as a foreign person. I have come back home. Before I keep on talking, I want to on behalf of all Haitians, all the blocks in Haiti, to thank you (Ugwuanyi) for receiving us after 218 years.

“We have decided that people in the whole continent of Africa and all of us who are there in Haiti is a wind following the bird from the African continent and it has brought bear in America which means all of us are one”.

In their separate goodwill messages, the Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Hon. Ugonna Ibe, the Chairman, Enugu State Council of Traditional Rulers, HRH Igwe Lawrence Agubuzu, the immediate past President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo and Ozo (Dr.) Ferdinand Anikwe, gave a historic background of the Haitians and their link with Igbos, applauding the visitors for taking such a bold step in identifying with the people of their origin.

The climaxes of the event were the traditional naming and name adoption by the Haitian delegation, which were performed by Igwe Agubuzu in company of other traditional rulers present, dancing of Igede cultural dance by the visitors, and presentation of souvenirs to them by Enugu State government.

Members of the Enugu State House of Assembly, State Executive Council (EXCO), Special Advisers to the Governor, other top government functionaries and the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Enugu State Chapter, Prof. Fred Eze witnessed the historic event.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=483074736510350&id=100044234839321

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by OEPHIUS(m): 4:09am On Jan 22, 2022
More

14 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Chidexthebest: 4:13am On Jan 22, 2022
This is nice

37 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Whazar(m): 4:23am On Jan 22, 2022
I thought we were just Jews Haiti sef follow come?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by infocabal(m): 4:24am On Jan 22, 2022
Nawao

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by ogbosike: 4:25am On Jan 22, 2022
I no surprise now, remember Rihanna once said it..

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Lindodo20: 4:26am On Jan 22, 2022
Whazar:
I thought we were just Jews Haiti sef follow come?

Haitian Jewscheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by canada2022: 4:26am On Jan 22, 2022
Igbo amaka
Igbo adika
Igbo esika
Igbo emeka

Igbo kwenu !
Igbo kwwnu!!
Igbo kwezuonuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by kingyang: 4:26am On Jan 22, 2022
Nice � Nigerian, we are everywhere

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by GroundedUp(m): 4:26am On Jan 22, 2022
Interesting days are here.

Especially with the debacle and chaos in Haiti,

Make everyone dey find their roots be the next thing

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by cankerworm: 4:27am On Jan 22, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Laggafin: 4:29am On Jan 22, 2022
They should return home and build Enugu state

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by stampo: 4:31am On Jan 22, 2022
Welcome back home my people....

Man know thyself....

24 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Brendaniel: 4:31am On Jan 22, 2022
Good development...

8 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by chesterlee(m): 4:35am On Jan 22, 2022
Igbo bu igbo
Ekelem unu!!!!

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by cherishmichael: 4:40am On Jan 22, 2022
Wow, cool but Jews to Haitian undecided or Haiti Jews??

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Franking: 4:41am On Jan 22, 2022
Laggafin:
They should return home and build Enugu state

Mtchew

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Laggafin: 4:42am On Jan 22, 2022
Franking:

Mtchew
Your brain is Mtchew

45 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Kazeem47(m): 4:48am On Jan 22, 2022
Rihanna where are you, come back home please.

29 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by zikter(m): 4:51am On Jan 22, 2022
Well, Nigeria is still better than Haiti. They will live a better life here if they wish to relocate

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Murio001: 4:51am On Jan 22, 2022
Maybe they realised naija is better

3 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by kingsceedon(m): 4:55am On Jan 22, 2022
Our Dead walking president Buhari should come and see how beautiful our Igbo traditional clothes looks for this our returnees brothers and sisters bodies, not that him stupid jump up trousers,

To my Haitian Brothers and sisters, on behalf of my fellow 042 family, I said welcome back home

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by oluztx: 4:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Notice how they resemble Igbo people well well...well built, full body/fresh, head shape, complexion (not too dark), posture/how they stand? If you put yoruba or Hausa in Igbo attire, you will know they are not Igbo blood because they look different, they are thinner or not well built, their posture is off and darker in complexion. Don't let any one fool you, we are not the same people!

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by MRDEE01: 4:58am On Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations to them

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by GardenOfGod(m): 5:00am On Jan 22, 2022
In the voice of mannabbqrills 'how does this news improve the price of garri in the market?' grin

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Dikaveli(m): 5:03am On Jan 22, 2022
zikter:
Well, Nigeria is still better than Haiti. They will live a better life here if they wish relocate

Glk 350 in haiti is 450$ iphone 13 is 110$ there

7 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by EmekaBlue(m): 5:14am On Jan 22, 2022
Wait o. Are they the ones wearing Isi-agu outfit? Even the women have our mothers shape.

They really found home. Welcome my Lost uncles and aunties.

This man below is former COAS rtd lieutenant General Ihejirika look-alike

31 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by ipobarethieves: 5:18am On Jan 22, 2022
grin cheesy lipsrsealed from Jews,to land grabbing, developing and now Haitans grin cheesy sad

.talk about Confused fifu shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by 1Alex: 5:19am On Jan 22, 2022
Abeg who be Haitian, who be Enugu man for di foto?

7 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Receives Haitian Delegation In Enugu As They Trace Their Roots by Franking: 5:20am On Jan 22, 2022
Laggafin:

Your brain is Mtchew

Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, APC Spends Billions Of Naira To Stop Atiku US Trip - PDP / Buni Visits Buhari In UK Amid APC Leadership Crisis / Dolapo Osinbajo's 49th Birthday: Yemi Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.