Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) (67702 Views)

Farmers Help! Why Is My Yam Growing This Way? / Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan / Recommend Dog Friendly Weed Killer For Grass Growing On Interlocking Tiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by chubinwa(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
brosom:
Very good and courageous lesson.

No matter how hard things are irrespective of the situation try to survive, that's what it means.

1 Like

Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by kilisi(m): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
Katcall:
discipline?
B.Agriculture.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Katcall: 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
WonderManly:
Yes! It's possible. But, you can't see leaves on it. That is: it will never grow with leave/Leaves.
elucidate the reason for this forlorn conclusion. I assume you are an expert in agricultural science? What is the botanical nomenclature for the plant?
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Katcall: 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
MoneyTrees:

Well and the floor of the kitchen or wherever that is don't look neat
I'm not impressed with OP at all
If you're a man, you're not a real niggar
Light up a jumbo sized Mali kush and use the inspiration to Clean everywhere in your home
Thank me for this benevolent advice later
nigger find me some cocaine laced with marijuana. I need cool some nerves.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Katcall: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
Emma15678:

Photosynthesis is the process by which green plants/organisms with chlorophyll manufacture their own food using carbon dioxide and water in the presence of sunlight.
what did you score in waec
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
wunmi590:

This is normal occurrence in yam and even onion, that is what we call photosynthesis....

olodo...
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Omotosho1090905(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2022
PlayYourPart:
I got two tubers of yam sometimes last year, we cooked the first one, but while eating it, we discovered it was not sweet at all.

Since we can't just throw money away like that, we left the second yam there.

Lo and behold, after some time, the second yam started growing right there inside a tiled kitchen, even without been rooted in the subsoil.
It continues to grow rapidly but without leaf.
I took the picture of it as seen below in December 2021.
(Note: it has grown beyond this level now)
I want to see how far it can grow on the tiled surface in the kitchen.

As I be Architect, my biology no reach that level but I know we have botanist in house who can educate us about what is happening.

Kindly push to front page, let learn from professionals

Imagine this one using internet to deceive us undecided
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Elmander1983(m): 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
What's wrong with this one? That's normal na abi u no grow or go near village?
PlayYourPart:
I got two tubers of yam sometimes last year, we cooked the first one, but while eating it, we discovered it was not sweet at all.

Since we can't just throw money away like that, we left the second yam there.

Lo and behold, after some time, the second yam started growing right there inside a tiled kitchen, even without been rooted in the subsoil.
It continues to grow rapidly but without leaf.
I took the picture of it as seen below in December 2021.
(Note: it has grown beyond this level now)
I want to see how far it can grow on the tiled surface in the kitchen.

As I be Architect, my biology no reach that level but I know we have botanist in house who can educate us about what is happening.

Kindly push to front page, let learn from professionals
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Emma15678: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
Katcall:
what did you score in waec
I don't boast and I refuse to reveal private data on a public platform like this. Why are you asking? WAEC results can be used by criminals to track and neutralize a target. I am currently working at a laboratory.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by WonderManly(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2022
Katcall:
elucidate the reason for this forlorn conclusion. I assume you are an expert in agricultural science? What is the botanical nomenclature for the plant?

1a. The reason why it can't grow with leave/Leaves on it, is that: It's not covered with sands.

1b. And, It's called: DIOSCOREA CAYENNENSIS.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by DeGLORIOUS: 11:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
This guy na real JJC for farming
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by WINDSOW(m): 1:04am On Jan 23, 2022
That's a sprouting tuber of yam.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Nigra(f): 1:13am On Jan 23, 2022
brosom:

No matter how hard things are irrespective of the situation try to survive, that's what it means.

Now you sound like my mom grin
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by brosom(m): 1:45am On Jan 23, 2022
Nigra:

Now you sound like my mom grin
yes she's my elder sister, and I'm ur uncle cool

It's the way our parents raised us grin

1 Like

Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by vicfajeze: 2:58am On Jan 23, 2022
lol
merits:
As the only qualified Botanist in this forum certified by all member of this forum,I professor Merits.(MON).I hereby telling you that the yam will grow and multiply to thousands in the next three months,and as you said that the yam was not sweet that's why you abandoned it.Let me give a trick as a worldwide experienced Botanist.just sprinkle some sugar on the yam as it is,within 30 minutes of sprinkle the sugar the yam will absorbed the sugar through a process called osmosis grin.so therefore the seeds produce aftermath will surely sweet like amount of sugar you poured on to the mother yam.

let me stop here so people won't tap from my complex knowledge.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by ObiaboAdoka(m): 5:21am On Jan 23, 2022
bukolabeauty09:
The yam has spoilt
Nop. He sud cut d tender. I am also sure der is heat in DAT his area which is d cause of d tender growing.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Horokrox: 6:48am On Jan 23, 2022
everythinggirly:
The yam is too fertile!
You're much more fertile tongue
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by muheeb01(m): 7:38am On Jan 23, 2022
Interesting
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by ALFADOS(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2022
u just wasted it
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by skedy1(m): 7:54am On Jan 23, 2022
Thiwalade:
wink Plants do not necessarily need soil to germinate and thrive except for anchorage. This practice of growing plants in solution consisting of only essential nutrients is known as Hydroponics. The yam is able to derive moisture, essential nutrients from the yam tuber itself. The outgrowth typically has some green parts containing chlorophyll through which the plant can photosynthesize. After few weeks, leaf formation could set in. Be cautious, the yam will eventually dry out if the yam is unable to use it's root to obtain nutrients.

Very apt!

Farmers like me know this thing

1 Like

Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Invitationn: 8:07am On Jan 23, 2022
brosom:

Well, in this case there's no lesson at all.
It's just nature. The yam would hold back the natural tendency to grow if it could. Because growing on tiles is dumb and it's the beginning of its demise. It'll grow and rot right there on the tiles when it runs out of water, without reproducing a new yam; a total waste!
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Engrpatpeters(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2022
No be juju be that?

Please click on this to help me win this competition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FezAu7JfEoI pls watch and comment
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by brosom(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2022
Invitationn:

Well, in this case there's no lesson at all.
It's just nature. The yam would hold back the natural tendency to grow if it could. Because growing on tiles is dumb and it's the beginning of its demise. It'll grow and rot right there on the tiles when it runs out of water, without reproducing a new yam; a total waste!
Unfortunately, understanding is not for everyone.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by AceDomino(m): 9:35am On Jan 23, 2022
This ain't a new Thang na
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Katcall: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2022
Emma15678:

I don't boast and I refuse to reveal private data on a public platform like this. Why are you asking? WAEC results can be used by criminals to track and neutralize a target. I am currently working at a laboratory.
you failed
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Emma15678: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Katcall:
you failed
I am well trained against the use of reverse psychology. You cannot fool me. See what you're calling photosynthesis. Browse the word photosynthesis and get back to me.
Re: Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures) by Invitationn: 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
brosom:
Unfortunately, understanding is not for everyone.
Unfortunately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Puff Adder My Workers Killed On My Yam Farm (Pictures) / The Largest Rice Producing States And Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria (Photos) / Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.