Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? (34898 Views)

Power Is Becoming Cheap:The 13 Fastest Cars Under $50,000 / How Reliable Is Nissan Almera And Nissan Primera / How Reliable Is Nissan Pathfinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Templa(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2011
Why are nl peeps advertising 2005 2006 2007 nissan murano at price ranges of 1.5m and 1.7m. I find it rather suspicious. Clarifications for the hhouse plzzz
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Benez: 12:54am On Jun 21, 2011
Murano is know for gear problem and it will cost abt N500k to replace the gear. Mwhile there is no guarantee from where u r buying the gear

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Fhemmmy: 12:56am On Jun 21, 2011
I am sure the ones you are talking about are the Nigerian used.
Also the source of the rides are not known, cos it is impossible for anyone to sell a 2007 Murano for 1.7M Naira if there is nothing fishy

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by chelseabmw(m): 1:05am On Jun 21, 2011
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by dantitiki(m): 1:10am On Jun 21, 2011
@benez
I think it would rather communicate well if you said the Murano's are known for tranmission mis-management that say "gear problem". No car company would release their cars if it's known to have a problem. It would be recalled.

The Murano's have a transmission different from the usual ones most cars have. This is called a CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) and not AT (Automatic Transmission) and CVT's are meant to be serviced by their own special CVT oils rather than the common transmission oils (ATF) we use here. This is where the problem develops from. Different oils have variable viscous levels - Note that.

Kind regards.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On Jun 21, 2011
dantitiki:

@benez
I think it would rather communicate well if you said the Murano's are known for tranmission mis-management that say "gear problem". No car company would release their cars if it's known to have a problem. It would be recalled.

The Murano's have a transmission different from the usual ones most cars have. This is called a CVT and not AT and CVT's are meant to be serviced by their own special CVT oils rather than the common transmission oils (ATF) we use here. This is where the problem develops from. Different oils have variable viscous levels - Note that.

Kind regards.

I could not have agreed more with you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by kayjasper(f): 4:51am On Jun 21, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]I generally think apart from gear problems and all,its a Nissan thing. Their prices fall realy fast.
Check out xterra,maxima 03 and the likes.
That is not to take anything away from nissan products though.
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by femmy2010(m): 7:53am On Jun 21, 2011
An 02 murano sure cost more than N1.7m.
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I am sure the ones you are talking about are the Nigerian used.
Also the source of the rides are not known, cos it is impossible for anyone to sell a 2007 Murano for 1.7M Naira if there is nothing fishy

But Bro, i sold my first Fx45 for 1.5m, just used it for only 4 months, sometimes things do make u to sell it at just any price
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by koyaabj: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2011
Murano are good cars if only u can maintain them according to specifications, the gear oil cost about =N= 30,000.00 naira and should be serviced from time to time, also the cheapest morano which is asia spec can't be less than 2.5m, top of the range american spec 2005-7 can't be less than 3.m-3.5m, except for stolen cars or nija used. i own one since 2009 and i have not changed the gear till date infact the engine has never been opened by any mechanic yet i drive the vehicle almost everyday if u do travel outside this shore ask any body about morano and u will be surprised that it is one of the best vehicles and very durable. cool grin cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by snthesis(m): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2011
odiaero:

But Bro, i sold my first Fx45 for 1.5m, just used it for only 4 months, sometimes things do make u to sale it at just any price
how much did u sell ur 6th one

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2011
snthesis:

how much did u sell your 6th one

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by hardbody: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2011
@ Odiaero,

Bring the car back, i will pay N2.0m grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2011
hardbody:

@ Odiaero,

Bring the car back, i will pay N2.0m grin grin

That was 2009, i need to leave the country, so no where to pack it in lagos, so put the price at 3m, no show, while my schedule was coming closer, a week to my flight schedule, i took it to Begger, and put it for 2.5m, nobody , man two days to go, i told the seller that 1.5m he should sell it, the funniest thing was that, the moment am about collecting money after the SUV was test , some stupid people started telling me by the side that i should tell the buyer that am no longer selling, that they will pay me 2m instead, some said 2.2m, i told them i dont do biz like that, the car have been with you people for a week, now that am about collecting money u are saying bullshit

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by YoungBrain: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2011
(i)  People us regular ATF instead of NISSAN's CVT fluid
(ii) Use of Aluminium parts on the Chasis
(iii) Parts made in modules that require outright replacement (Naija mechanics are used to "Oga we work am ")
(iv) most users do not know they need a service manual for their Muranos

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Egelife(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2011
@ Odiaero, y den did u sell it if not for the cars issues
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2011
odiaero:

That was 2009, i need to leave the country, so no where to pack it in lagos, so put the price at 3m, no show, while my schedule was coming closer, a week to my flight schedule, i took it to Begger, and put it for 2.5m, nobody , man two days to go, i told the seller that 1.5m he should sell it, the funniest thing was that, the moment am about collecting money after the SUV was test , some silly people started telling me by the side that i should tell the buyer that am no longer selling, that they will pay me 2m instead, some said 2.2m, i told them i dont do biz like that, the car have been with you people for a week, now that am about collecting money u are saying bullshit

How come I never come across these sorts of 'dagbo' bargains? I've been looking for a hitech SUV to buy for a 'ridiculous' amount. In case you want to sell your LR 3 next time for N850k, don't fail to hola at me oh. Waiting till then.
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by member479760: 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
no good, dont buy, buy made in USA
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by FlyboyZee: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
All that glitters is not gold.

Just because e fine, everybody wey get N10.00 dey rush go buy am. Now wey them see say the vehicle no be am, dem wan sell the wahala give somebody else. Make una no buy, Murano na wahala o!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2011
odiaero:

But Bro, i sold my first Fx45 for 1.5m, just used it for only 4 months, sometimes things do make u to sell it at just any price

You have a point on that one, and we all pray that we wont be in a fix to do that

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by MMM2(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
becos it is nissan product and no 2nd value.
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by bigdoo: 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
Because the parts are bloody too expensive. Nobody would like to keep a Murono for long. The price will even become cheaper with time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
M M M:

becos it is nissan product and no 2nd value.

Habaaaaaaaa . . . How come Pathfinder still hold the resale value then?
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by otiigba1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2011
[/quote][quote author=femmy2010 link=topic=695198.msg8558935#msg8558935 date=1308639229]
An 02 murano sure cost more than N1.7m.
yes you are right i bought mine 2007 model for N3.1m, is that be very expensive? cos my friend bought for N2.7m but he is always having over heating problem
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by otiigba1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
i thouhgt i was the only one who thinking that they are too cheap, on nairaland, guys what about honda element i bought mine for N1.750m is that too expensive? 2004 model
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by kpolli(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
nigerians sef,

car is cheap, dem dey vex

car is expensive, them go still vex

i have for sale 5.2m

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by otiigba1(m): 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2011
[quote][/quote] i dont beleif you! did you steal it? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked!!!
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by otiigba1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
and i had an engine problem too, and i was told by a road side mechanic that the petrol was a "dagbo dagbo" can that be possible

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2011
oti-igba:

yes you are right i bought mine 2007 model for N3.1m, is that be very expensive? cos my friend bought for N2.7m but he is always having over heating problem

I think it all boils down to maintenance . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by sandee575(f): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nissan Murano is a great SUV if only proper maintenance is given it, just like any other vehicle.
The most dodgy issue lies in the gear oil. Put the wrong stuff and your transmission goes. Next
is to put it up for sale at a low price for quick sale. Thats why Murano is becoming cheap. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by tondifari: 8:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
my friend has a 2005 model murano for sale at N1.8 m. mileage 70. Is it a good price?
Re: Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? by sandee575(f): 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Tondifari
Why dont you check the condition of the vehicle etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

American And Japanese Camry Which Is Better? / Flying Cars Are Now Imminent As Researchers Finally Hit A Major Breakthrough / Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.