Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:55 PM

What's Your First Memory Verse? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your First Memory Verse? (335 Views)

Memory Verse For Today / Daily Memory Verse And Explanation / What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your First Memory Verse? by akosy(m): 7:06am On Jan 23, 2022
Most Christian children were taught John 3:16, but mine was Exodus 20:12 : "Honour your Father and your Mother so that you may live long in the land which your lord your God is given you."
So, What's the first memory verse you learnt as a child? Share.
Re: What's Your First Memory Verse? by AntiChristian: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2022
Na John 3:16 na!

That's what I was forced to memorize!

Then Ephesians 2:8-9.

When you live with Christians they force you to join them without a chance for yourself!

1 Like

Re: What's Your First Memory Verse? by Kriss216: 7:18am On Jan 23, 2022
akosy:
Most Christian children were taught John 3:16, but mine was Exodus 20:12 : "Honour your Father and your Mother so that you may live long in the land which your lord your God is given you."
So, What's the first memory verse you learnt as a child? Share.
That Exodus 20:12 is one of the tools Nigerian parents use to manipulate their children.

My mother showed me shege with that verse.

1 Like

Re: What's Your First Memory Verse? by orisa37: 8:39am On Jan 23, 2022
The Lord's prayer.
Re: What's Your First Memory Verse? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2022
Kriss216:

That Exodus 20:12 is one of the tools Nigerian parents use to manipulate their children.

My mother showed me shege with that verse.

Eve ehn, Never ceasing to oppress and murder the man on behalf of her husband, Satan.

Mrs Serpent!
Re: What's Your First Memory Verse? by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2022
1 Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Christians claim that the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy, but an objective reading of the Bible shows their loving god and his special people doing most of the killing, stealing and destruction.
Re: What's Your First Memory Verse? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37am On Jan 23, 2022
ReacherSaidNoth:
1 Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Christians claim that the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy, but an objective reading of the Bible shows their loving god and his special people doing most of the killing, stealing and destruction.

Satan did all the killings for Knowing that it is foolish and dangerous to offend a King, he has set up the foolish creations to strive against their Creator, exactly as your phone, biro or ruler fighting and insulting you, Surely Does Not Want to Live!

It's as simple as that.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Pass Without Watching This Video / 106 Reasons: "Why I Converted To Islam" / What Is The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.