Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

"Why Should We Hire You?" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "Why Should We Hire You?" (19312 Views)

Post What You Do On This Thread, Someone May Hire You. / Job Interview: Is This The Best Response To "Why Should We Hire You"? / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Should We Hire You?" by Jaycobbs(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2022
You begin by restating their problems back to them to show them that you understand it properly.

Because, let’s face it: human beings are selfish at heart, and we are only interested in how we can benefit.

Your potential clients/employers are doubly so because they would be paying for you out of their own pocket, so they want to be sure it’s ultimately in their best interests to do so.

So, restate the original problem as stated in the job description.

I know you have this problem, and because I have skill set A, B, and C, and I have been working in this niche for a while now so I’m quite proficient at what I do

You might be paying me X amount of money, but hiring me would save you Y amount of money from working with amateurs, or lazy people.

You might be paying me X amount of money, but hiring me would earn you Z amount of money.

You can track me over the next ninety days and I'll prove to you why I'm the best hiring decision you have made.

Make a list of your achievements and accolades if you have them. Highlight the education and training you have taken (even if your best education was a free course on Udemy).

When talking about your skill set, make sure you discuss your relevant hard and soft skills in detail.

Cheers and good luck applying!

© Written by author, John Alabi

106 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by CrownOfClay724: 9:31am On Jan 23, 2022
This is so apt!

11 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by fringz11(m): 9:32am On Jan 23, 2022
frontpage material

12 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by matrix199(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2022
Hmm
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by thesicilian: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2022
As a job seeker I hated interviews, even now as an employer I still do. And both for the same reason: just because a person didn't do well in his interview doesn't mean he'd not have been the perfect fit for the job.

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Jaycobbs(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2022
thesicilian:
As a job seeker I hated interviews, even now as an employer I still do. And both for the same reason: just because a person didn't do well in his interview doesn't mean he'd not have been the perfect fit for the job.

Hiring people definitely requires a different set of skiills than applying for jobs. Anyone can master both.

True, job interviews are not the perfect tools to judge competence, but selling is a skill everyone must learn—how to sell yourself, how to sell your products and services.

You have clients and customers. If you'd failed to convince them you can deliver a job, they wouldn't patronise you.

Allasame, you can always channel your distaste for interviewing to teaching people how to do it right.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 23, 2022
Una too like stress.
Q:Why should we hire you?
A: Because your company is lucky to have me here in this interview

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Olamideayomide(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Ultimate36(m): 12:42pm On Jan 23, 2022
After someone don pass exam, they will till do another interview for you. They are sha looking for something to send you away. Awon werey employers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Walkee: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
BABYharder:
Una too like stress.
Q:Why should we hire you?
A: Because your company is lucky to have me here in this interview

why are they lucky?
There are 30 other people outside, what makes you special?

22 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by nairaman66(m): 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Not only about the degrees or educational achievements. Try to use words like “Aside my degrees, I am an highly motivated and result oriented individual who can improve quickly in terms of challenges and and solution oriented goals”

Money is the resultant effect of hard work, if you center your interview on only money, it is not bad, but also not convincing!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lol this reminds me of a white girls response to this question some years back.

Interviewers : why do you think we should hire you?

White girl: what a dumb question. Of course, You should hire me cos I need the goddamn money to pay my bills. I got bills to pay.

I need to change my wardrobe as you can see. I need the money to live a good life!

Lol.. I can't stop laughing any time I remember this or hear this question.
I mean there's an element of truth in what she said. At least im not only going to be working towards the growth of the company, I'll work for my pocket too... grin Yeye girl.

11 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Kaycee54321(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why should you hire me?

Because I'm very passionate about not starving to death.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Kollins11: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because I need money and you need employees

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by NwaNimo1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022

2 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by WibusJaga: 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
cheesy

Simple but very technical question.

Meantime... grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by seunny4lif(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because I get family to feed
Simple answer

4 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Cholls(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
My brother because I'm a human being

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because we sabi as e be......

On a serious note,

Show that you have skills and experience to do the job and deliver great results.
Highlight that you will fit in and be a great addition to the team.
Describe how hiring you will make their life easier and help them achieve more.

Be specific about key strengths and qualifications.
Just because you shine in a dozen different areas doesn't mean you should talk about all of them.
Give an example for each skill.
Find the balance between confidence and humility.

Here is another apt response to the question, adding to what the OP has listed above.....

"Over the years,
I have acquired relevant skills and experience, which I shall bring to your organization.
I have also worked tirelessly on my communication abilities and teamwork skills, which I will put to use in my future career,
which would be in your organization if I am selected for the position"

All the very best to all applicants out there.
God no go shame una.
This is your year of moving forward in life.

Go and succeed.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Baawaa(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why do we hire you
Because I want buy this company grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Nathphil(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because my papa nah senator grin
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by IKBARUTEN11(m): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
I'm well versed in emerging business trends

If you hire me, I won't let you down

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Boogyman557: 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

Bcus I BLA up to 24 stick of WEED per DAY..

and my LIPS is BLACK bcus of 2much WEED..

WTF MAN
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Kobicove(m): 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because I'm the most qualified for the role and I'm bringing a lot of value to the company grin

...but then I'm not looking for a job grin

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because with me around you'll not have to think whether or not your money is safe, although I may be tempted whenever I have pressing bills to pay. And as a trained sleuth you'll have all the gossip about you firsthand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by NobleSeed(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2022
nice one though.
But you never jam some people na him cause am, you listing your previous achievement to them you don loss the job already.na that time they will tell you say that's just a pitch of salt compare the ones they have achieved grin grin
Las las na God go help person.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by Sonnobax15(m): 1:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
thesicilian:
lipsrsealed. I swear,you just spoke my mind here bro...Have nothing else to type.

2 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
grin
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by xeratek: 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Why shouldn't you

2 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
xeratek:
Well darling, you have to hire me because I carry oil of favour and progress!! Chikena

2 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" by TheGift: 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Because I only apply for jobs that I have the Passion & Talents (Knowledge , Skills & Experience) for.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In One Sentence, Convince An Employer You Are The Best. / MTN TEST ( Sales Representative) / Sim Shagaya Looking For A Researcher On The 3-Wheel Vehicle Market In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.