Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,341 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice (38939 Views)

How I Got My NAFDAC Number(my Personal Experience) / I Just Got My Money Back From The Criminal That Scammed Me / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by juniorstar(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

So straight to the point. Please I need your advice about two things.

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

May the soul of my beloved Father continue to rest in peace. Amen
But first of all open a binance account and buy usdt and keep
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by switosman(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

1. I just got my inheritance and I got cash of 8M and there's this popular belief of people squandering their inheritance,I don't want that to be my portion so which business can I invest it into. For context, I currently have a job and I'm not ready to quit so please put that into consideration.

2. My younger brother is still a student so he has asked me to save his portion of 6M in bank until he graduates but I don't think that's a good idea. I would rather he put it in some form of secure investment that will be yielding something. Kindly give us suggestions.

Guy go and do "money market fund" with ARM or Ibtc. While you plan. Same for your younger brother. He will thank you for it. Bank is not the best to warehouse money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by selfemployed(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Lol.

As for your younger brother's money, don't save it in naira account. Save it in Dollars account. That way, it will not depreciate. Or let him buy a property with it. A kind of asset

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by alphaNomega: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

And what happens when the dollar crashes by this year ending

What year has dollar ever crashed in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Olayetan(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

If both of you can co own a business and run it together, I will advise you get like a plot of land in area that lands aren't that expensive, maybe a land of 4m and buy event tent that looks like house, you may need to borrow few cash from bank, they will definitely borrow you once they see you have an asset, then turn the land to event centre and you can add little touch of bar to it to be giving you money on regular basis but that event centre alone is money, at least, every weekend, you're sure of having 300k for rentals or even more depending on where you buy the land.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Wittysmith(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2022
Don't invest in Bitcoin.

Don't invest in Stocks.

Don't invest in Mutual funds.

Until you understand what drives price in the global financial markets, stay out of it.

Invest in YOURSELF.

Learn a new income generating skill.

But while you master whatever skill you choose to learn, find a safe zone (zero volatile investment) to lock in your money.

Ever heard of Dividend-paying Whole Life Insurance?

That's a safe zone to keep your stash until you are ready.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by saintnegroid(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Put your money in treasury bill and keep rolling it over every year until you need it... Allow the money to be there in treasury bill while you are still planning on the business to do... Study the business, do market survey, do feasibility study on the business before committing to do the business... This process takes time, so don't rush into any business... Just put the money in treasury bill

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Jidele: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2022
I will advise you to leave the country @least with the month you can secure yourself a Canada visa.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Nwaotu10(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2022
Boss, please, lend me 100k from the money. I want to buy laptop to Kickstart a tech skill I acquired. I promise to payback with interest, sir.

I'm kindly looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by fixmykey(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2022
go to club
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by bunmmy5: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2022
I hardly comment on stuff like this but i felt i need to share the idea with you and hope it means something for you and your future.
Firstly, your minded should be if my father could leave this sum of money for me and my brother what did he venture into that made him to acquire such savings or inheritance for you and your brother. Secondly, what will this money amount to for you in the next 15 years considering the likely situation of the country at that time. Looking into this, i do not know what ur father did to acquire such wealth but i can advise you its worth looking into and possibly start something on it.
In another way round, if his business is not visible for you to go into, i will advise you to travel to australia abd possibly do your msc or run another under graduate program, i believe with 6m you can sure get that done depending on your choice of course. Lastly get some millions out of it and look for a state possibly your home state or state with possibly access to development in the next 10 years that wont cost more that 100k per plot. Get and acre of land and lease it to people that are into farming.

Always look at ROI before puting ur money in anything. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Indispensable85(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

Dollar crash against this naira? It's not possible.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by YourFavorite21(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Use 3 million and buy land, then forget the 5 million in ur account.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by koldej(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Why your papa soul no go rest in peace before, person way carry all this inheritance drop for you must rest in peace, na papa him be abeg lol, but in response to your question, your bro looks so serious for him to leave his own inheritance in your care till he graduates, kindly help him to open a fixed deposit account till he graduates and probably assist him to jaapaa this God damn country as soon as he completes his programme... God bless your papa wherever he is aswear, he is a good father..

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Acidosis(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Olayetan:

Your brother can buy any bank shares and be collecting dividend till he finishes school then resale the shares to get back the capital.

As for your own...

Which bank shares? He would struggle to earn 10k at the end of 2 years.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by lasthero: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Open a mutual fund account with stanbic ibtc or axamansard and put the money there for now while thinking of what to do. As at today, money market interest on axa mamsard is 8.21% per anum. Which means your younger brother's 6M will yield daily interest of about 600k+ (depend on rise and fall in interest rate) in compound interest per year.

Your own 8 million naira will also be yielding daily profit while you are deliberatimg on what to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

A student who has no financial education asked you to save his money in the bank and you are talking about keeping it in an investment. This is probably not a smart idea. Give that boy back his money and ask him to plung his money into bonds or mutual funds. He will get some interest, and use the years to acquire sound financial education.

Over and out
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by SSpeter(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2022
IjapaTiroko:

Saving in dollars isn't hard at all.
Just visit your preferred bank and tell them you would like to open a dollar domiciliary account, and they will give you the requirements. Or you could visit the bank's website for the requirements.
That's all.

Though I'll advise you open more than one domiciliary account so you can keep more than one type currency. E.g You'll open accounts for US Dollars and for Chinese Yuan. Because if there's scarcity of dollars, the CBN might give strict austerity measures that will make you temporarily unable to withdraw your dollars.
you cannot open a yuan account in naija. Only GBP, euro, usd

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by EmmaCSi(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am an Investment Banker and I work with a SEC approved investment and asset management firm with our office in Ikoyi. If you don't mind. We could have a discussion. You can also visit our office in Ikoyi.
We have a bouquet of products that you can invest in and would also help hedge your Money against Inflation.

Thank you.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by MossLuv: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Invest the money on landed properties is best option for you. U don't need to run it. Look for sratigic place and build and give it out for rent or lease. You can better buy already built house
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by deewhydoski(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2022
fattprince:

I know you are asking for advice and i know I might not get the help but I will ask because you might just be in an helping mood. I will appreciate if you can lend/give #20k for my final year project I will be starting tomorrow. If you are going to lend I will pay back in 3 months. God Bless you as you consider.

As for Business advice,get a car and register it with Uber rent it out I heard drivers pay up to 50k weekly since you have your job don't touch the weekly returns. Use it to get another car when it's reach a good amount. Do this till you get 4-5 cars and you will be on your way to wealth
See as u talk ham as if it is easy
50k a week? Just like that
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by ExposeThem101: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2022
Download Carbon app and invest in cash vault. It yields good interest over time and it's very reliable.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by GboyegaD(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please, follow your brothers instructions as regards his money and should you want to invest it, put it in treasury bills as that guarantees his money is secured.

As for yours, don't be in a hate to make a decision and do not contact anyone when you are ready to do whatever you want to do with it. There are many wolves in sheep's clothing out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by SSpeter(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2022
Starpro87:
Use like 4m to buy land at Lekki and have it appreciate drastically in 2 years.
you mean astronomically not drastically.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by emmy178(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2022
Buy land for your brother and watch it appreciate before he graduates
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Depressed101: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

buy bitcoin with all the money, bitcoin is currently very cheap, and it's the safest cryptocurrency.
Buy it and leave it for 5years since you have a job.

Comeback to this post after 5years to ask me for my account number.. Thank you
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Bahamas95(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2022
OP you have gotten alot of advice here so no need adding mine cos some people have already said what's on my mind.

The only advice I have for you now is to be very careful of fake friends, girls and family members......E get why.

1 Like

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Freemasonry: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2022
I just want to advise you proceed carefully on any investment idea you eventually decide on. Most times people advise on investment ideas with an ulterior motive to rip off the investor, while they're the ultimate beneficiary.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by delpee(f): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Don't rush into any business that you haven't learnt nor practised before. The money will disappear so fast!

Pending the time you'll make up your mind, go for bonds, dollar savings and mutual funds in a REPUTABLE organisation. Ensure that you keep your brother's money safe and secure till he decides on what he'll do with it.

Investment in property is good but can be dicey if you deal with the wrong set of people. Also building for rental income is no longer a guarantee for a steady inflow of funds. There's high rate of default due to the economic situation. For the future, you could buy a plot of land each in good estates without omo onile issues and plan to build over time. I hear Adron Homes is good at that.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by chrisvic007: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Boogiebee:
Hello Nairalanders,

Good for you. Whaooo a whooping 8 milla.

First investment suggestion;
look for a discrete Bet9ja shop - you can double the money when next Chelsea is playing. Just play the money on straight winning for Chelsea. Do that till the end of the season and thank me later.

Good luck.
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by hush15: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Unibenfucker:

Na wa for you o. When dollar crash for Nigeria that it never bounced back triple...

Na APC still dey there o so you can be assured your dollar won't crash but only appreciate but something tells me you just dey whine us with this your inheritance story cos I can't just imagine somebody saying what if dollar crashes in this Nigeria we dey so....
Re: I Just Got My Inheritance; I Need Your Advice by Nezzjnr: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Gold179:
Buy plot of land, build a house and rent it out this is an investment that will always appreciate year in year out.
Very easy to say.

Do you have a rental property??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best? / Aba Mega Mall, Beautiful Ultra Modern Business Zone (photos) / Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.