Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,508 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

How To Write Good Blog Articles - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Write Good Blog Articles (282 Views)

5 Proven Ways To Write Good Headlines even As A Beginner in writing. / Only Few Can Write Good Stories But Not Many Can Write Great Stories – Ogunlana / Available To Write : Good Articles + On Time Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Good Blog Articles by generalpelu(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Writing general blog articles tend to be one of the simplest forms of writing. But it's unfortunate that many writers still come out woeful with their write-ups.

You and I will agree that virtually no one makes primary research to write blog articles. We most times write from other people's articles. But it's pathetic what many writers come up with.

I've seen writers who just rewrite from a single article. It's worse when the source article went off track. And they just rewrite in like manner.

I've seen writers with error-filled articles. I used to be like this a year ago. *covers face*

How to write a good blog post
Understand the topic and purpose of the article. You have no business with writing on a topic until you've perfectly understood it. Understanding the purpose of the article will let you know where the article is heading and what it hopes to address or achieve.

Generate ideas on the topic. This requires some level of intelligence on the part of the writer. Idea generation shapes the entire article. It helps you to know useful materials you can source from and those you can't. Writers who have poor idea-generating skills just write from one article that shares the same topic with the topic they're working on.

Use at least 3 to 4 articles. There are times you might even need an article on every point you're listing in your work. Let's say you're writing on "10 Ways To Win In Business," you could generate 10 ideas on your own or through different articles. And still, need about 7 articles to cover the 10 points.

Write simply. The goal is to communicate, not to leave readers confused.

Flow from one paragraph to another. A point that should be the first shouldn't be coming last.

Watch for typographical and grammatical errors. Using Grammarly or other "error-correcting" helps.

Try proofreading. Most times, it's not easy doing this after you've done a good job. But it's always worth it.

Take adequate time to write. Some jobs will take you little time, others will drain you. Make sure the time your client gives you is enough. Else, you'll be rushing over many things and coming out poorly.

Considering the Nigeria writing marketplace where most clients want to pay ₦5/word or less, the pay doesn't justify the work. There are times I spend days just to understand the topic and come up with ideas to write a good article.

In your best interest, don't fix a rate. Get the job first and charge depending on how hard you envisage it will cost you.

If you need further explanation on writing or getting writing jobs, message me. My contact is below.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Weed Once Said / 4k Per Script. Many Youtube Script Writers Needed!! / Ana Endorses Endowment Of Two Additional Prizes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.