Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! (15244 Views)

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contestants: Who Is The Prettiest? (pictures) / Pictures of past Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria(88-2009)who is your favourite? / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
most of the real contestants are very pretty. i'm not sure what the complaint is.
i would say the less pretty ones are from anambra, bauchi, benue, ekiti, ogun, and plateau. nobody there is ugly, though. just very pretty and kinda pretty.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by jjgirljay(f): 9:09pm On Jun 21, 2011
no be small thing o, na the English or the hairy legs or the faces.
i weak shocked
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:
Nigerian women don suffer o. The last thing I would have expected from NL women is demeaning and making fun of their fellow Nigerian women. This thread is evidence that women just more harshly the looks of other women than men do. You will NEVER see a couple of guys analyzing the looks of another man in a competition. I just hope that Mr. Cork does not find this thread.

Oga omo, you wan fall my hand abi? Lol. Women in beauty pageants are supposed to be nearly flawless. These girls look like they showed up for a street audition. All of them begged for votes. All of them had one useless agenda in mind. One mumu Miss Nasarawa said she wants to bring awareness to dyslexia and anorexia. I'm guessing she assumed because dyslexia and anorexia sound similar, that they'll be similar conditions. She's pretty sha, but that was a dumb thing to say. That's like me going there, saying my platforms are world peace and gun control. Clueless. Pick one and stick with it, although, I don't think dyslexia and anorexia are huge problems in Nigeria like they are in the Western world.

Miss Universe and Miss World no be beans. According to the organization, the winner represents Nigeria at Miss World, and the runner-up get a chance to represent Nigeria at Miss Universe. None of those girls, in my opinion, have the poise or elegance to carry us in either of those competitions [s]except for lovely Miss Taraba State as she's in a league of her own with those looks[/s]. A former coworker of mine now travels the world doing hair and makeup for pageant girls. You should see the way the girls he works on look, and they aren't doing anything like Miss USA yet. They're doing Miss Utah, Miss Nevada County, small pageants! I'm telling you the girls in small pageants will wipe away most of our state girls. I don't know why Nigerians tend to be local. Miss Ogun State said "Abeg, make una vote for me". Mschew. We're not there yet. That's the simple truth.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by nigerhead(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2011
LWKMD!!! ,  things de happen for obodo naija o! ,  but this STV reporter must be a wicked person o! na news report be that? ,  but those girls no just try for themselves

Also they have to be kidding if they say that the 34 chosen are among the best out of that multitude of girls I saw in the audition video, about half of the 34 are not supposed to be there

Ms Jigawa, Ms Plateau, Ms Ogun  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry

Ms Taraba state definitely a front runner

Please what is the criteria they use in selecting the final 34? does anyone know?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2011
I saw the requirements/criteria last night. I shook my head.

---

Requirements:

Nigerian Citizen
Age 18 – 26
Minimum of Secondary School certificate
Good Looking

---

That is all. Just sad. I'm assuming the chosen 34 have to be the extraordinary of the requirements lol.

http://www.nyscmdgebonyi.com/chat/?p=162
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nayah(f): 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
Hum ogugua you're tough but I feel the same way, except for three of them which have chance on International competition.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by MissyB3(f): 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Nigerian women don suffer o. The last thing I would have expected from NL women is demeaning and making fun of their fellow Nigerian women. This thread is evidence that women just judge more harshly the looks of other women than men do. You will NEVER see a couple of guys analyzing the looks of another man in a competition. I just hope that Mr. Cork does not find this thread.
Indubitably true.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nayah:
Hum ogugua you're tough but I feel the same way, except for three of them which have chance on International competition.

No, I'm not being tough, I'm being realistic lol. Considering that the two winners will be moving onto the world stages, nothing should be sugar coated. Most of these pageant winners in the world were doing other pageants and modeling before they won. Halle Berry was one of them, but she lost believe it or not lol. Nigerians like to package something in a few months and then present themselves among others who have been packaging and preparing themselves for years. It's the same way we shamed ourselves in the world cup. We're never prepared. I'm not going to fault these girls 100%; I'm sure they're doing the best with what they're given. Silverbird Group, the group responsible, needs to set the bar 10 times higher so we can be taken seriously again.

Now I'll sit and wait for someone to call me a hater lol.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nayah(f): 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
Ogugua be sure I won't say you're hater cause I think quite same: Nigeria could have been offer much more, but I don't blame the organisation it depends on who came to this contest.

For those who think just women have opinion on women, yes but it's still an opinion nothing else.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by bimbo16: 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2011
DA GURL BETWEEN DA ENGLISH SPEAKER AN DA RAPPER NA BE FINE wink
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:48am On Jun 22, 2011
I seriously think the way they go about choosing these girls initiates all the problems. why have one big screening at one time and then just pick 34 girls from that handful? how do they know everyone has the opportunity to make it to Lagos? seriously?
I think they should do a Miss for each state, and then the winners for those states will go head to head. that is the only way to weed out all the girls that obviously shouldn't be there and the best of the best compete.
although, this could be a problem in Northern states, especially the core North.
it would be wise to hold all state competitions at least 3 months prior to MBGN, that way everyone can prepared. this just seems as if it was thrown together 2 weeks before the actual MBGN competition.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by ragdollz: 1:20am On Jun 22, 2011
Omg I saw d girls on naija TV n half of them look like men, and most r Igbo why do such girls love beauty contests so much!? There's one who literally stands out, she's like six feet n looks cool sha. Can't wait to watch d fiasco - sorry, show grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by BABE3: 1:30am On Jun 22, 2011
Ok, so ever since I saw this video on NL, it's been "following" me all over (Facebook, tumblr etc.)---and each time I play it, the girl with the "funny talk" fascinates me. So I decided to "solve the puzzle". I love challenges(lol), so--- here we go(what she's saying is):

"I want the best to pop out in me because I see this as a career. I want to be a role model to other girls out there."

"I want to create an avenue for achieving their dreams, because I know the girls are weak and they need sponsorship.  They need our support".

There you have it guys.

You're welcome.  smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by akopac: 1:55am On Jun 22, 2011
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, i don dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee ooooooooooo, chei, no b small thing
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by denzel2009: 2:30am On Jun 22, 2011
LMAO. . . is this a spoof beauty pageant? The first one sounds like dejo tunfulu.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 22, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Indubitably true.

And thanks for correcting my mistake. I meant judge, not just.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 22, 2011
THE AMAKA:
I seriously think the way they go about choosing these girls initiates all the problems. why have one big screening at one time and then just pick 34 girls from that handful? how do they know everyone has the opportunity to make it to Lagos? seriously?
I think they should do a Miss for each state, and then the winners for those states will go head to head. that is the only way to weed out all the girls that obviously shouldn't be there and the best of the best compete.
although, this could be a problem in Northern states, especially the core North.
it would be wise to hold all state competitions at least 3 months prior to MBGN, that way everyone can prepared. this just seems as if it was thrown together 2 weeks before the actual MBGN competition.

You can't be serious lol. So they pick 34 and they just represent whichever state to which they're delegated? That's ridiculous. They should do a Miss for each state. I totally agree with you.

And I soooo agree with the bolded. Horrible.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Outstrip(f): 4:53am On Jun 22, 2011
Okay my guess is that these girls did not realize that it was the most beautiful girl in Nigeria contest. As for the one with hairy legs. I cannot believe that she is actually growing that fur from her body. If the one we see is that hairy then I cannot imagine what the one we do not see looks like. The girl in red?? grin grin grin . For all the girls there all I can say unbe-weave-able
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 22, 2011
dyslexia and anore kini,,, dis miss Nasarawa sef  angry

These medical conditions, as sweet as the words - obviously- sounds to her, are d least awareness naija ppl need now,,, abi, dem never tell am say anorexia no dey for hungry man dictionary?   Today, being a graduate from one of our public schools is similar to being possed by "dyslexia", if not worse,  owing to their dilapidated states. May God help us.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by mkpologwu(m): 5:50am On Jun 22, 2011
Agreed they aint looking whoa, but dem all get congo passport na. I go meat dem all for congo!
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by igboboy1(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2011
Eff this man, i am marrying from ethiopia, ah ah nigeria girls no dey try at all angry
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 22, 2011
that girl has more hair on her legs than I do grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2011
I d Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ some bad belle people here. These giirls r beautiful,intelligent, confident out spoken. So why d hatins. There was over 600 girls that contested n only 34 were picked show U̶̲̥̅̊ that they really work hard 4 it. So if U̶̲̥̅̊ think U̶̲̥̅̊ can do better nxt year is an oppurtunity  U̶̲̥̅̊ to apply. J O S ﻉ. Jelous Ones Still Envy.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by denzel2009: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2011
kcswat:

I d Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ some bad belle people here. These giirls r beautiful,intelligent, confident out spoken. So why d hatins. There was over 600 girls that contested n only 34 were picked show U̶̲̥̅̊ that they really work hard 4 it. So if U̶̲̥̅̊ think U̶̲̥̅̊ can do better nxt year is an oppurtunity    U̶̲̥̅̊ to apply. J O S ﻉ.  Jelous Ones Still Envy.

Are you related to the girl with the rasta legs?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by ibgreatman: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by ibgreatman: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2011
gud morni every body,glo free calls is here again for more info just flash 08072740879 available to only glo numbers
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by enomakos(m): 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
it sucks
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by dayokanu(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
2buff:

that girl has more hair on her legs than I do grin

HATERADE

She wants to braid the Fur on her legs
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by 9jafetish(f): 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
all ugly
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
^^ stop calling people ugly. What do u mean by that? They are fearfully and wonderfully made.

What makes the difference between a beauty queen and a normal girl is "packaging", of which they have lots more to do to even think they qualify.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by tpia5: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
so, dayokanu, you mean you cant toast that girl with hair on her legs.

that would be a first and is it the anti-dayokanu many have been looking for.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria Contestants! by bright007(f): 5:45am On Jun 23, 2011
**this is very funny**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Saw The Devil And He Had Black Skin / Lil Wayne's Dad Birdman Just Bought A New Car . . . For $8 Million! / Check Out Osita Iheme - As A Girl!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.