Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) (34956 Views)

Jimmy Odukoya Succeeds Father As Senior Pastor Of Fountain Of Life Church / Pastor Ashimolowo Ordains His Second “runaway” Son As Pastor Of KICC / Matthew Ashimolowo Visits Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s COZA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by Priscy01(f): 7:06am On Jan 24, 2022
UK-based Nigerian pastor Matthew Ashimolowo has appointed his first son Tobi Ashimolowo as resident pastor two of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) in London, Igbere TV reports.

Tobi will be assisting his mother Yemisi Ashimolowo who has been the resident pastor at the church for a long time.

A video posted on Facebook by Church Gist on Sunday showed Ashimolowo making the announcement to the excitement of the congregation.

Ashimolowo, who went through weight loss procedure last year, joked that his family may be retiring him soon.

It was not immediately clear when the appointment was made. However we learnt it was recent.

Tobi is one of Ashimolowo’s two sons. He founded the Vault, a high-end store for men’s wear and accessories.

According to him, he got a pastoral call in 2016, two years after he got married to Toyin Omotayo, a lawyer.

“For years I ran away from ministry as I wanted to pursue other dreams I had, however I surrendered to God in 2016 when I heard the call.

“In that year I was ordained as a minister and I began full time ministry,” he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSMTK5dgyJ8

https://fb.watch/aIXz2xf-5A/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by gasparpisciotta: 7:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Family business

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by Waakanda: 7:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Issorite

11 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:58am On Jan 24, 2022
If he didn't, I would have been surprised.

In the Bible days, hardly would one see a religious/spiritual leader handing over leadership to a family member. It was only during the era of the kings, that leadership had to do with the king's bloodline, but see how disastrously it ended.

Even king Solomon who was the son of David, a man after God's heart, provoked God to anger at the end, that God divided the kingdom into two, and would have taken it completely from that lineage, but for remembrance of His servant David.

It hardly succeeds because they are not chosen by God, but often forced to become what they're not inclined to be or don't have the attributes required for that.

I have seen several instances where family members, especially the wives and children, of church leaders have been forced to take over their position, even though they didn't have what it requires to do so, but the result reflected that it was the choice of men, not that of God.

If Moses had handed over to his family member instead of God's chosen one, Joshua, Israel would have never reached the promised land.

If Elijah had handed over to his family member instead of God's chosen one, Elisha, the office of the prophet in Israel would have suffered a significant decline.

If Jesus had handed over to His own family members and not those God chose for Him, His disciples, the Gospel of the Kingdom wouldn't have reached us today.

I believe that this example was what worked for the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It was the choice of God appointed to take over from the founder rather than the choice of men and not just family member.

It's not impossible that the family member of a church leader could be chosen by God to take over from him, but that hardly happens.

This is one area the church must needs get it right if it really wants to reach its full potentials, as the church who leaders were chosen by God did, otherwise it would keep chasing shadows, and never be able to do so.

The position of Leadership is the most important in the church. It supersedes any family interest or reputation, hence it's paramount that it's those who are chosen by God that are appointed to lead.

God bless.

129 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by shawnfamous(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
Church is not business
The church is for God and all of u the members.
Bla bla blah

But Una pikin na upcoming overseer.

Una well done

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by tyson98: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
I swear church business na cool biz which I will look into soon sef

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by ClassicMan202(m): 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
Fvh
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by WiszyFraud: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
Did you know??

The more intelligent a child is, the earlier they begin to lie and the better they are at it.

lipsrsealed

29 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by kuntash: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

In the Bible days, hardly would one see a religious/spiritual leader handing over leadership to a family member. It was only during the era of the kings, that leadership had to do with the king's bloodline, but see how disastrously it ended.

Even king Solomon who was the son of David, a man after God's heart, provoked God to anger at the end, that God divided the kingdom into two, and would have taken it completely from that lineage, but for remembrance of His servant David.

It hardly succeeds because they are not chosen by God, but often forced to become what they're not inclined to be or don't have the attributes required for that.

I have seen several instances where family members, especially the wives and children, of church leaders have been forced to take over their position, even though they didn't have what it requires to do so, but the result reflected that it was the choice of men, not that of God.

If Moses had handed over to his family member instead of God's chosen one, Joshua, Israel would have never reached the promised land.

If Elijah had handed over to his family member instead of God's chosen one, Elisha, the office of the prophet in Israel would have suffered a significant decline.

If Jesus had handed over to His own family members and not those God chose for Him, His disciples, the Gospel of the Kingdom wouldn't have reached us today.

I believe that this example was what worked for the Redeemed Christian Church of God. It was the choice of God appointed to take over from the founder rather than the choice of men and not just family member.

It's not impossible that the family member of a church leader could be chosen by God to take over from him, but that hardly happens.

This is one area the church must needs get it right if it really wants to reach its full potentials, as the church who leaders were chosen by God did, otherwise it would keep chasing shadows, and never be able to do so.

The position of Leadership is the most important in the church. It supersedes any family interest or reputation, hence it's paramount that it's those who are chosen by God that are appointed to lead.

God bless.

Hmmm

Na im epistle full like this ?

Na wa o, unless you are a member of the congregation or you have direct relationship with the attendees hence to warrant such time to write this lot...

If you are a Nigerian , spending more time and energy to get the country working would even make people not go be concerned about what's happening in that space .....

It may shock you to know how many persons are aware of this news in the UK ....

8 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by Kobicove(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
Anybody wey e dey pain say Ashimolowo make him pikin resident pastor should go and open his own business church then make an outsider his successor grin

21 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by headSmasher: 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
Family business

18 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by janedonez(m): 2:31pm On Jan 24, 2022
Family Biz

2 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by Evergreen4(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
So no other senior pastor is qualified to oversee the London branch.

Family Businesses

If you check BOT members now.
Ashimolowo will be chairman, his wife first vice, his first son second vice before you start seeming other senior church pastors

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by setobaba: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Inheritance loading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by ERockson: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by heniford2: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
For the past 8years know my foot has not step into any church and am doing great and fine, church is boko

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by victorazy(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Family business

Go do your own

1 Like

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by thinkmoney(m): 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Points...points . .u are so on point

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by Odingo1: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Business going on, church family dynasty enjoying their members money.

3 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by SavageResponse(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
He's keeping the business in the family grin
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by tellwisdom: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
So this blink blink pastor still de?
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by Sheriman(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Pastorpreneurship is a good fucking business
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by ZombieTERROR: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
family business is growing..
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Keep milking gullible persons dry..I really hope that people get to realize that religion is a very huge problem to the world..

7 Likes

Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by ebenice(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tor

I just hope he is God's chosen and we'll capable enough to to so
Re: Ashimolowo Makes His Son, Tobi, Resident Pastor Of KICC London (Video) by victorazy(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
janedonez:
Family Biz

Ofcus!
Open yours for your family.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Pastor Tim Omotoso Sexually Molests Church Members In South Africa / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives Leo Mezie N3 Million Naira For His Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.