Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? (6745 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / What happened in Isreal, Goodnews For All GEJ Supporters / Read Before You Regret Your Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by OAM4J: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2011
Well, lets wait for another 6months or a year. I guess the answer will be a lot more clearer for those who voted. But then he has been president for more than a year. undecided
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by OmoTier1(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2011
I thumb printed CPC not BUHARI

I leg print ACN not TINUBU

but ,

I kernel print GEJ not PDP

na so we all go dey? Odechuckwu!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by DaDoctor: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2011
THIS QUESTION IS AN ERROR,

WHY,

1)THE DEAL IS DONE AND GEJ WON BY MAJORITY VOTE(VOX POPULI!!!, )

2)YOU WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS OR 8 tongue

3)SECURITY ISSUES CAN BE TRACED TO POLITICAL SENTIMENT/DIFFERENCE.

For me, I WOULD VOTE HIM AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, Why? Among the candidates then he was the best in my opinion

Moreso, IT IS TOO EARLY TO JUDGE HIM, HE HAS DELIVERED IN MANY AREA(FOI, PETROLEUM, ETC), AND WILL DELIVER ON SECURITY AS WELL.

Lets wait and see how it goes, REGRET OR NO REGRET, NA WE PUT AM THERE, WE LIKE AM DIE!!!

I JUST THINK THE NORTHERNERS SHOULD BE DEALT WITH SQUARELY FOR TRYING TO THWART THE PEACE OF THE NATION DUE TO SELFISH INCLINATIONS. O kpari lenu mi o!!!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by holahabib: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2011
Someone OR Seun-(Nairaland Owner), please correct me if i'm wrong, Nigeria exports over 1.4million barrels of crude oil DAILY. At the rate of approximately $80/barrel in the last 6 months === $112million/Day ==== N16,8billion/Day.
Any government that cannot transform its peoples welfare in 6 months with this stupendous wealth is a FAILURE. This means GEJ is a failure. Including every other past president/head of state in the last 30 years.

Approximately $2.2billion/Month. Come on, you guys that voted PDP are either benefiting from stolen money(SEUN) or a bunch of IDIOTS.

Come and get me.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Bensonite: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2011
Gbawe et al ,
This is the reason why people fail examinations and blame their lecturers. The OP clearly says "To All GEJ Supporters- Do you regret your vote" and we find chronic haters of GEJ pre/post elections commenting.
For me I have no regret as he his better than the alternatives in the 2011 polls. So far he is still on 50% pass which is a "C" but we need atleast a "B".
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by honeric01(m): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2011
aminu150:

I knew he can't do anything meaningful so i didn't vote for him. Im sure those that voted for him will be the ones that will suffer under his rule especially the ordinary man (masses).
THE WAHALA HAS JUST STARTED!

You are wrong, everyone will suffer directly or indirectly as long as you live in Nigeria.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by SUV(f): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2011
True, I was condering regretting it but could not do so because the alternatives would have been worse off. He might not have been the best Nigerian fit for the Presidency but he was certainly better than the front-runners with whom he ran for the presidency: till now he is still better.

Buhari would have probably handed us all to his brothers, the Boko Haram; Shekarau was said to have led the 'Akaluka Riot' of 2002 in Kano; Ribadu would have been an alternative but even he (Ribadu) realised late that Tinubu was only playing politics with his (Ribadu's) candidature. ACN was not ready to vie for the presidency, the party was simply just looking for more states and more legislative seats and then be poised for a 'snatch' in 2015. Ribadu ought to have been smart enough to know that, but ambition blinds reasons.

you just said what was on my mind
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by VEE2010(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2011
I think, this is too early, I understand Nigerians are really yearning for positive change. However, we must wait until GEJ's cabinet is constituted thereafter, we'll consider the pedigree of individuals who are going to work with him. And I believe, from there we can simply examine what we would stand to gain or lose in his administration. Moreso, it is note worthy to understand that Nigeria is wonderfully diverse. As a result; President who enjoys the mandates of these diverse people must all always reflect his love and acceptance to all and sundry. Therefore, FellowNairaLanders, Mr President needs our collective supports to Transform this country. It's not until we're there in Abuja or even as Member of FEC before we can contribute our own quota toward ensuring a transformed Nigeria. Our major problems for now is corruption, we can deliberately commence transformation agenda right here in our office, respectively. Lets love one another and eschew destructive criticism. I believe with just these few things we can imagine a Nigeria being an Eldorado of envy soonest. Goodluck to Nigeria!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2011
How can we not be proud of our president and support him all along?

Why should we regret voting him?

Dont u think u and me have to assist him to succeed?

Ok when he will be gone, you will all know that is the president Nigeria has ever had!

Makes no sense, i dont regret!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by OmoTier1(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

THIS QUESTION IS AN ERROR,

WHY,

1)THE DEAL IS DONE AND GEJ WON BY MAJORITY VOTE(VOX POPULI!!!, )

2)YOU WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS OR 8 tongue

3)SECURITY ISSUES CAN BE TRACED TO POLITICAL SENTIMENT/DIFFERENCE.

For me, I WOULD VOTE HIM AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, Why? Among the candidates then he was the best in my opinion

Moreso,  IT IS TOO EARLY TO JUDGE HIM, HE HAS DELIVERED IN MANY AREA(FOI, PETROLEUM, ETC), AND WILL DELIVER ON SECURITY AS WELL.

Lets wait and see how it goes, REGRET OR NO REGRET, NA WE PUT AM THERE, WE LIKE AM DIE!!!

I JUST THINK THE NORTHERNERS SHOULD BE DEALT WITH SQUARELY FOR TRYING TO THWART THE PEACE OF THE NATION DUE TO SELFISH INCLINATIONS. O kpari lenu mi o!!!

Are the northerns also responsible for MASSOB?

Are they also responsible for NURTW in Ibadan?
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by daphil: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2011
It is a pity we find ourselves in this mess. We are already in it and the future looks dim with the crops of medio-cred leaders we have presently. May God saves us. cry
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by callenoch(m): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2011
THE QUALITY OF GOOD LEADERS SHOULD ALSO GO WITH TIME FRAME OF THE ACHIEVEMENT. THE ONLY TIME GEJ SHOULD DO FIRST IS SECURITY AND POWER FOR NIGERIAN. THE REST WILL AUTOMATICALLY TAKE CARE OF ITSELF. HE CAN GET IT DONE IN LESS THAN SIX MONTH. WE WILL ALL  BE GREATFUL FOR THAT.

NOT FEED DOGS WITH N3,000 PER DAY, WHILE 90% OF US SPENDS LESS THAN N300 A DAY
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by hbrednic: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2011
poor losers get over it  tongue
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by osodstarz(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2011
As far as i'm concern, the appoint of Senator Pius Anyim Pius as the SGF did nothing but send wrong signal out to us all that we've been hopeful that his 4 years as the President will bring reform.
Though am still optimistic and hope God will rise to the occasion,  but humanly speaking, it saddens me.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2011
Mr POSTER!

You are either a commedian, a mischief maker or simply an innocent ignorant soul.

1. The unfortunate incident with NYSC corpers
The Jihardist "North" has been maiming, raping and killing fellow Nigerians from "before" ONE Nigeria was found? Please, have you heard about the Usman Dan Fodio and the slaughters that lked to the spread of Islam?

Some poeple were calling for "violence" even before the elections and such peopel are not harrassed by the govt simply because the President is a gentle man and more so, people like you are going to call for his head if he dares touch them. Don't remind of my the pains of the Reinhard Bonnke roits, or Akaluka's head on a spike paradded on streets of Kano because a woman in the same yard used a torn Koran to clean here baby. N o just make me vex o.

2. Kidnap of NYSC corpers

Kinapping has been going since the days of OBJ its only a pity that it happened to Corp members. Is has nothing to do with who is in charge.

3. That kidnappings happen the whole of Nigeria and not  the Niger Delta anymore ( and now to Nigerians - young and old)
Kidnapping spread from ND even before OBJ was forced out. It escalated during Yaradua, abi you just return?

4. The oils spills and the inability of the govt to ensure the compensation is right, remedial action is taken and that the money actually gets to those affected. This is despite the fact that our President is from the region and has also been in state govt so he should know the issues by heart.

hahahaha (my ribs e, kai, my ribs). did you say oil spills? Please, have you heard of Ken Sarowiwa? Of how why and how he died? Please, google oo. I say, google ooo.

5. Boko Haram - has metermophed into a group of intelligent, educated peeple ( see latest press release from them) as opposed to initial police intel of a sharia sect .

OBJ no fit stop Boko Haram, eveen yaradua who is both from the North and a moslem could do nothing. George Bush could stop Al Qaeda (or whatever) neither could he catch Bin Laden, and you are hear to call names on a man who who took oath of office just three weeks ago.

6. The fact that it took MR President over 24 hours to address the nation following the Police HQ bomb and assure Nigerians of their security.

It is wisdom to think before you speak than to spoeak before you think.  

7. The increased armed robbery in banks

Armed robbery in Banks? You are so hilarious! Plz, just google "Lawrence Anini Monday bank". They were robbing banks as far back as 1986.

8. Bombings has now become a common occurence in Nigeria ( all over even those not detonated - Ogun) as well various bomb scares

Why wont bomb become a common thing? When poeple like you are not taking up their responsibilties of nation building. Thank God they stopped some, thank God they intercepted some at the ports. Thank God, a bomb factory at Kaduna was discovered and closed. Thank God bombers and would bees are being arrested. I just thank God.

9. That a U turn was made about the PDP 'zoning ' policy  and the fracas that ensued in the House You can celebrate the 'fracas" as much as you like, but oine thing I know is this. I personally looked at all the conterstants and Mr President was the best option for me, zoning or no Zoning. As for the so called "fracas", good things will come out it.

10. That will be a month next week and the cabinet is still not in place. - We are already seeing signs of recycling in the name being mentioned - will wait for outcome.
It is wisdom to take your time and get it right, than to hurry and mget it wrong. Foru years is not four days, its good to take time to pick the people. If he hurried, you'll complain. As he is taking his time, you are aslo complaining. Them send you?

11. The consistent decline in electricity generation. - We all know NO economy can grow without power
Is has improved my area. Yet, Power genration and distrubtion cannot be achieved under one month. Okay?

12. Bankole - His ability to resist arrest and still  have security staff assigned to him , our President quoted as referring to him as a key supporter and didnt want anyone spreading rumours. Also the fact that he was only arrested when GEJ was to meet Obama ( he has now been released and since then we havent heard anything else)
I once wathed a movie called "Conspiracy theory". You can wirte and produce the Nigerian version.

13. The take by legislators to increase wages when the 18000 minimu wage cant even be paid ( never mind the fact that there is great concern about their current wages and the recent missappropriation case)

You mean you are blaming Mr President for the irresponsiblity of our (dis)honourable representatives? You must be a clown.

To all my fellow Nairalanders that voted /supported GEJ do you think you made the right decision?

Yes, yes, yes , and yes. a million times.

Now if you don't mind, use google. okay?
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by ayodot(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
people vote GEJ because they felt he was a good man and a listen president. whats the benefit of listen if u wouldn't yield. Being a leader is not just about be good, its about the WILL. The will to serve, the will to do the right thing, the will to step of protuding toes. he as non of that.
I even heard he gave Alams(former bayelsa gov) a pardon, OMG. Bankole is even smiling because he knows a pardon is waiting by the corner.
My own personal prayer is that I survive is four non-sens of a precidency.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by naso2(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
holahabib:

Someone OR Seun-(Nairaland Owner), please correct me if i'm wrong, Nigeria exports over 1.4million barrels of crude oil DAILY. At the rate of approximately $80/barrel in the last 6 months === $112million/Day ==== N16,8billion/Day.
Any government that cannot transform its peoples welfare in 6 months with this stupendous wealth is a FAILURE. This means GEJ is a failure. Including every other past president/head of state in the last 30 years.

Approximately $2.2billion/Month. Come on, you guys that voted PDP are either benefiting from stolen money(SEUN) or a bunch of IDIOTS.

Come and get me.

So tell me how should the money be spent? From this your elementary school arithmetic , have you heard of per capita income before? Google is your friend

ote author=Bensonite link=topic=695392.msg8560086#msg8560086 date=1308651904]
Gbawe et al ,
This is the reason why people fail examinations and blame their lecturers. The OP clearly says "To All GEJ Supporters- Do you regret your vote" and we find chronic haters of GEJ pre/post elections commenting.
For me I have no regret as he his better than the alternatives in the 2011 polls. So far he is still on 50% pass which is a "C" but we need atleast a "B".

[quote][/quote]

Thank you jare.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by juman(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
Never. grin grin
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by davmor(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
@ Eka whatever, mind your jutings here less you use indirect way to call the people of the nation names. How will it sound to you if I quote under your reply and say 'Eko Ile, your reply here shows you are a FOOL, hu? Just know that there is nothing you can do to hinder GEJ, period. People like you, can bring any plan to hinder the hero GEJ, just as in the days of Acting President issue, but its simple; you know it SHALL always prove the normal ABORTIVE. GEJ is on the rule men. You are under him period. Hahahaaa!!!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by holahabib: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
ttt
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by DaDoctor: 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2011
@omo teir1

THE BOKO HARAM IS ONE OF THE MAJOR NATIONAL THREATH AS AT NOW.

MASSOB didnt pose such threath despite their long existence

NURTW, is being handled and is almost curbed already.

BOKO HARAM MUST BE AFFILIATED TO AL QEDA, Take it or leave it

In my opinion these northerners should be broken off naija and allowed to be IF THEY WONT LET US REST.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by luluosas(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Seun
- He has not closed down any newspaper or TV station or ordered a journalist to be beaten for criticizing him.
- He signed the FOI bill.
- He finally got US approval which means corruption-wise he's improved a little bit.
- He didn't block Bankole's arrest.
- His power sector plan is relatively realistic in its recognition of the need for private sector involvement.

Seun, I pity you. All the resources your parents spent on you to educate you was a total waste. How I wish they have invested it in shares.
Seun, please, visit http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106211583521 and see how your Jonathan power sector is doing. Rubbish!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by badmussy(m): 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2011
holahabib:

Someone OR Seun-(Nairaland  Owner), please correct me if i'm wrong, Nigeria exports over 1.4million barrels of crude oil DAILY. At the rate of approximately $80/barrel in the last 6 months === $112million/Day ==== N16,8billion/Day.

Come and get me.

@holahabib

You are somewhat wrong.

Though, the FGN does not explore the crude oil from the ground, we have Exploration companies like Mobil, Chevron, Shell, etc that those that. For exploration, they must be in a JV with the NNPC of about 51/49.

Profit and loss are shared in this percentage. Also, the companies pay royalties to the FGN for using their lands.

The bulk of the money accruable to Nigeria also comes from the Petroleum Profit Tax which is 85%. In the 1st 5 years, the tax rate is 65.75%.

What is my point? Your calculation is somewhat wrong, however, it doesn't take anything away from the valid point you are trying to make.

My Contribution
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by luluosas(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2011
@sirjec Hmmm. Everybody blames GEJ for the problem in Nigeria. I'm ashamed of some people.

When the northerners were in power, they used all means to position their people, creating states to favour the north, positioning their people in Police, Navy, Army, Air force, federal ministries. They feel they are born to rule and as such put those structures in place to have upper hand against anybody who contests against them.

Recall what OBJ did to succeed, he retired many military officers and positioned his men. People called him autocrat but believe me he did what he had to do to survive.

These greedy northerners lost the battle because the we are aware of their plots. Everybody wants change. Even their northern brothers. This change has brought about the emergence of GEJ who is a pure civilian and most experienced among his equals.

The greedy northerners are now trying to frustrate this government in order to say they would have been better and we are falling hook line and sinker.

Who is Boko Haram? Who benefits when pipelines are vandalised?  Who benefits for the poor power in the country?

People have their different nature, some believe in force while some believe in rule of law. Democracy is all about the rule of law and I support GEJ for taking his time in handling issues.

Today we are happy that the fuel queues are gone for good and prices are normal, in fact, I saw some filling stations selling fuel at 64grand. This is a result of good planned works. We will still capture other areas being held by those wicked politicians but we have to be diplomatic. Remember, they still have their loyalists in position to cause problems.

With time we will brake their bonds, be patient

Why are you blind to the fact that, Jonathan is only interested in the availability of Petrol. What happened to AGO (Diesel) and DPK (Kerosene)? Can you say there are no queue and their prices are normal? You need a Psychiatrist assistance urgently.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by toblosky(m): 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2011
I thank God,the question now is those who voted Gej.I taught Jega rigged Gej in.@op,jump inside a lagoon if u can,t wait atleast 24months for an answer grin
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by rexel99: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2011
what a silly post from a shallow minded indidual. your topic and points exposes your immaturity. its too early to start accessing him. the man has not appointed his ministers yet.
post this same topic in 7months time.
Just look at the haste in which other shallow minded pple like u are jumping over themselves to air their ''expert'' opinions
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by toblosky(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
luluosas:

Why are you blind to the fact that, Jonathan is only interested in the availability of Petrol. What happened to AGO (Diesel) and DPK (Kerosene)? Can you say they are there are no queue and their prices are normal? You need a Psychiatrist assistance urgently.
Must everything be achieved in a month?Is you that need the next available psychiatrist.Just that you can type,i didn,t see the difference btw you and a suicide bomber who is willing to die just to kill others.If Jesus can satisfy all Nigerians as president,why is the devil in hell grin
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by ogundokun: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
when asked some people why did they vote gej. Some say i just like him, he is a gentle, he has poor background, because is name is goodluck, he has never struggled for anything. Hearing all this l laughed.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by cold(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
For those preaching patience;I say hush it already!It would be a grave mistake if Jonathan listened to, or worse joined, those who preach patience. No, Nigerian leaders don’t exhibit any patience before they embark on looting – they often start their very first day in office. Why must the long-suffering citizens endure endless exhortations to remain patient, fast and pray, trusting that God, not their leaders, will one day descend from the sky to build their roads, furnish their schools with labs and libraries, create jobs for milling graduates, empower our power authority, conduct credible elections free of manipulation, provide potable water, prosecute corrupt officials, dispose of the hills of trash that perversely decorate Nigerian cities – and do much more.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by bkbabe97y(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2011
Seun:

- He has not closed down any newspaper or TV station or ordered a journalist to be beaten for criticizing him.
- He signed the FOI bill.
- He finally got US approval which means corruption-wise he's improved a little bit.
- He didn't block Bankole's arrest.
- His power sector plan is relatively realistic in its recognition of the need for private sector involvement.

Wow. And I used to think Seun was intellingent.

1 Like

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by dayokanu(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2011
I dey laff
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by emekagh(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2011
What happened? I thought there is a wet transformer kept for those who are not happy under Jonathan rule? Shouldn't they be hugging the transformer?

What arrant nonsense from people who have never been in democratic leadership settings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Andy Uba Wins Anambra Senatorial Rerun Election / Pictures Of Pipeline Rd,idimu-lagos. Fashola Is Working, APC Is Working / Swearing-in Of Lawmakers Not Constitutional But Ceremonial- Sen. Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.