Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1201476 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by valboy: 5:41pm On May 27, 2022
Mhizlateefah:
Goodday,

Is anyone going to UWE Bristol, I applied on Sunday, and I got an unconditional offer today. I'm a bit confused now about the accommodation aspect.

I'm the applicant with a family of 5 (husband & kids), is it a must we pay for their UWE arranged accommodation?, if Yes, can we pay for just a month or 2 for us to settle in?.

Somebody should please respond. Thanks.

Let connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 5:51pm On May 27, 2022
I just completed my form A process with zenith bank today pls like how many days will it take for Dem to debit me 6000p Leeds Becket university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Oluwasegun664(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2022
Hello, I got a refusal from New Zealand few yrs ago but cannt find the copy anymore. My wife will b applying as a student then I apply as a dependant. Hope we're go to go without the copy of the refusal letter?

What should b stated to fill if the copy is ask?

Tnxxxx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bali233: 6:19pm On May 27, 2022
Oluwasegun664:
Hello, I got a refusal from New Zealand few yrs ago but cannt find the copy anymore. My wife will b applying as a student then I apply as a dependant. Hope we're go to go without the copy of the refusal letter?

What should b stated to fill if the copy is ask?

Tnxxxx

You dont need a refusal letter. Just state it there

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by pramil: 6:22pm On May 27, 2022
Gloriyah:

You can transfer directly to the schools account through form A. Request for an invoice and use form A.

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 6:27pm On May 27, 2022
Davidonkonsults:
I got admission at University of Derby. I'm supposed to pay a deposit of £3000.

From the letter, I'm also supposed to provide evidence of maintenance funds to obtain CAS. Is this for only tuition fees or I'm also to show funds for my 9 months upkeep?

Evidence of maintenance funds’

They would have simply stated evidence of tuition fees if that’s what they needed. You need to show your tuition balance after deposit and maintenance fee for 9months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jubrilx3: 6:34pm On May 27, 2022
Dancubed:
Naturally, when there is mistake on DOB, you go to NIMC office and apply for correction of DOB, fill some form and submit birth certificate; cost is about N15K and it may take between 6months to 1 year cos NIMC is messed up at the moment and there are cabals that are ripping Nigerians off and making simple things difficult if not impossible so that people can pay to get it done. If you go through Nigerian backdoor, that is if you have a contact at NIMC, they may collect between N35k-N45k and it may not reflect till 1-3months at the earliest. Until it is resolved, your baby can't capture for international passport and it will delay your trip.

But lemme tell you one truth, NIMC contractors/agencies that know how messed up everything is will tell you to re-enroll that baby again for NIN. Re-enrolling can only work for Baby and children less than 9yrs or so based on what I heard they do which isn't right anyway. For adults, that doesn't suffice. Such adult has to go through normal route stated above. So go an re-enroll in another center for the NIN, get all the details right this time around. And you may need to pay NIS or NIMC official for immediate validation so Immigration officials at the passport office can see it on NIMC database and your baby can go for capture you get your passport and japa from this frustrating country. All this may cost you less than 10k and you can resolve it within 1 week. Meet with the right people. I don't know anyone o. I also read this on social media.

what if the d.o.b in the BVN AND NIN Is different, how will one go about it. i have made changes in alausa in Nin office but the changes have not reflect , bvn has a wrong date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by homesinabuja(m): 6:40pm On May 27, 2022
Davidonkonsults:

Nice. I can live with that. It's the maintenance for 9 months I don't have yet.
You don't have it yet?
You have to look for it because its compulsory to show it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by NomzyJust(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2022
WatchYourSix:

I dont ever say something is impossible...
He has 3M....he might get help when he enters. Let him start...

"He might get help"

This is abroad bro. Nothing is left to chances; There's a system that everyone conforms to.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 6:45pm On May 27, 2022
Money don’t grow on trees in the UK
If you have more money to pay 50% of tuition then better
Masters of 12 months how do you intend to raise such within a short time.
My opinion tho

NomzyJust:

I believe this is a Rhetorical question.
Lols.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 6:50pm On May 27, 2022
When did you apply to LB and when did you get an offer from them?

Cjaylawson:
I just completed my form A process with zenith bank today pls like how many days will it take for Dem to debit me 6000p Leeds Becket university

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 6:53pm On May 27, 2022
NomzyJust:

"He might get help"

This is abroad bro. Nothing is left to chances; There's a system that everyone conforms to.

You be john snow

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by angel4sure: 6:59pm On May 27, 2022
Pls can one pay for tuition fee with the barter card, since form A is delaying.
ellakarl1:

The app is user friendly.
As soon as you download the app and register, the rest is very easy. It’s gives you an option to get a virtual dollar card and a naira card. You can link your regular bank account or cards directly to your barter account and fund your barter card through your account.
The first step is to fund the naira virtual card and then fund the dollar card through the naira card and make your payments with it. You can click on the card details to show you the details.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Lontrra: 7:03pm On May 27, 2022
angel4sure:

The issue is usually the rate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cutebear: 7:04pm On May 27, 2022
There are financing establishments that actually give loans to foreign candidates. I know 2 Nigerians who are presently schooling in the UK thanks to the foreign loans. The criteria is that you go to a highly prestigious university and study a lucrative business course. So, studying something like MBA, Msc Finance, Msc Investment management, at a school like University of Cambridge will most likely fetch you a job with some of the biggest investment banks in the world. Therefore, they are sure that you will be able to pay back your loan.
There are loans for people who have admission to study high potential courses in schools like London Business School, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, Kinds College London, Imperial College London, University of Edinburgh, University of Warwick, University of Manchester, Durham University, Lancaster University etc.
If you do a quick google search, you will even see the financing companies that do it. I won't mention the names of the two I know seeing that this is nairaland but just do a quick google search.

sniperaz:
There are different kinds on loans. There's student loan which to be best of my knowledge you must be a citizen or settled to access. There are bank consumer loans (depending on your credit score and your bank) anyone can access it as long as you have a bank account, there are credit cards and overdraft limits (again accessible by just anybody depending on bank and CS).
So can you confirm that your friend who's on tier 4 visa got a student loan?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ebuca: 7:12pm On May 27, 2022
ellakarl1:

You can download barter by flutter. Get a virtual dollar card, fund it through your naira account and pay for your IHS and visa with it. I paid mine with it two days ago and it was very easy and fast. The rate they gave me is even cheaper than what Mallams gave me. Their rate was 606 as at two days ago while Mallams told me 610.

Please can i send an email?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jamesy212(m): 7:29pm On May 27, 2022
Guys I will like to know if one is allowed to work unlimited during placement year

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jayk22: 7:33pm On May 27, 2022
Good evening everyone.

Please If you got an offer from the University of Lincoln, kindly respond to this. Or if you have any information about it.

I got a conditional offer(Msc Robotics and Autonomous systems) today which states the condition that I have to upload/send the Official copy of my transcripts. I had uploaded the student copy during the application process. Both ASUU AND NASU are on strike at the moment.

If you got an offer, were you also asked for this? If yes, how did you go about it abeg. I'm planning on calling them on Monday to inform them of the strike and how my stamped student copy should be enough.

Please advice. Also, if there is any groupchat for Lincoln September intake, I would love to join. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by cutebear: 7:43pm On May 27, 2022
Ranking definitely helps to get a very good job especially if you study a relevant course. It also improves your network of individuals i.e the calibre of people that you will meet and bond with for future partnerships/friendships. Personally, I only applied to high ranking schools. They're pricier but I have the money for it. Do note that everyone's financial status is different and if you can't afford the "Russell Group" universities, it shouldn't stop you from applying. Also, some of these top schools can take some percentage off the fees for you. Good luck smiley

NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello guys,

How are you doing?

I was just thinking if University ranking is one of the factors we should consider when choosing a school?

You know there are organisations in Nigeria where University ranking are considered during employment.

E.g some employers believe that graduates of top schools in Nigeira are most times better than graduates of schools with poor ranking.

Some Alumni are also sometimes sentimental.

Does it also work like that in the UK? If yes, how significant is it?

Thank you

Duchess90 Gloriyah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 7:51pm On May 27, 2022
I hope you submitted hard copy in the bank.
Cjaylawson:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Afmaag123: 7:58pm On May 27, 2022
You might be paying 800Gbp against 540gbp per pounds. The difference is 7up
angel4sure:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 7:58pm On May 27, 2022
Lontrra:

What's the advantage of a low deposit?

You get to spend less to get in to the UK but the real KOKO is paying the remaining balance. THINK TWICE.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mobil567: 7:58pm On May 27, 2022
this is the best course i have seen on the thread. Bright future ahead! your head dey there
Jayk22:
Good evening everyone.

Please If you got an offer from the University of Lincoln, kindly respond to this. Or if you have any information about it.

I got a conditional offer(Msc Robotics and Autonomous systems) today which states the condition that I have to upload/send the Official copy of my transcripts. I had uploaded the student copy during the application process. Both ASUU AND NASU are on strike at the moment.

If you got an offer, were you also asked for this? If yes, how did you go about it abeg. I'm planning on calling them on Monday to inform them of the strike and how my stamped student copy should be enough.

Please advice. Also, if there is any groupchat for Lincoln September intake, I would love to join. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 8:29pm On May 27, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello guys,

How are you doing?

I was just thinking if University ranking is one of the factors we should consider when choosing a school?

You know there are organisations in Nigeria where University ranking are considered during employment.

E.g some employers believe that graduates of top schools in Nigeira are most times better than graduates of schools with poor ranking.

Thank you

Duchess90 Gloriyah

Yes, university ranking and employability
rate is a very important factor when choosing a university in the UK, especially in terms of securing a job after school.

The top schools in the UK, their tuition fees are very high but there are also some schools with an affordable tuition fee with very good reputation and very high employment rate.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tadaax: 8:33pm On May 27, 2022
chuksiyk31:
Visa Alert

I’m really not very good with lengthy messages, but the journey has been amazing, started the journey with Hertfordshire got denied because of previous visa denial. I then applied to Birmingham city university, got a conditional offer. After sending all the required documents, I did my interview and everything seemed to be going fine.

Then the time for biometrics and visa application came, this is very my faith was tested at different times. I can say somethings because of how sensitive they are but trust me when I say it was a real trying period. Did my biometrics 28th of April, got nsf around 14th of May. I honestly got scared after the nsf Mail(they requested nothing by the way). Got a collect mail yesterday (my self and my wife got the Mail almost at the same time) we picked our visas today.
congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:14pm On May 27, 2022
Hello,

This is a very interesting question, I'll try to give my thoughts on what could be happening based on conversations I have had with my colleagues in the industry working in HR.

Whilst it is good to consider rankings when choosing Uni's especially Uni's that have a good reputation with industries and great alumni system ( you can reach out to the alumnus and make enquiries on the role you apply for etc).I am yet to hear of anyone that was employed because they attended a certain Uni.

My understanding is that UK employment takes relevant work experiences, skills and competencies into consideration especially with technical roles. They always want to ensure the candidate has the right experience/skill set for the job and can hit the ground running when they get employed and after training.

This applies to jobs with potential skilled workers visa opportunity and not necessarily jobs to maintain you while studying, those are easier to get

Cheers

NaughtyBrainiac:
Hello guys,

How are you doing?

Thank you

Duchess90 Gloriyah

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.