|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,909,052 members, 7,015,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 August 2022 at 06:55 AM
|Proper Etiquette At Business Lunches by Ashu1: 11:19am On Jan 25|
Whether it is a job interview lunch, lunch with management, or you are meeting with a prospective client, it is essential to practice proper lunch etiquette. Without proper dining etiquette, you will make a bad impression and either miss out on landing a great job or client, or lose out on a great job promotion.
The following is a list of helpful tips to help you brush up on the proper etiquette for business lunches:
Read More Technology News On conflict-news.com
1. Arrive a few minutes early for the business lunch. Arriving late for a business lunch will make the other people think you are unreliable and you do not take the lunch seriously. As well, make sure you are dressed in a professional outfit. Casual clothing is not appropriate for a business lunch. Remember, it is essential that you make a good first impression.
2. Make sure that you practice proper communication skills. When you arrive, shake hands with the other business people. If you are sitting, stand up to greet them. When you greet them, say something courteous and respectful such as, "Thank you for joining me for lunch." Don?t forget to introduce yourself. As well,, concentrate on the people you are having lunch with and do not be constantly looking around the room. As well, turn off your cell phone. It is rude to talk on the phone when you dine. Be attentive to your guests and listen attentively.
3. Do not only talk about business. Talk a little bit about general issues. Try to focus on things they enjoy talking about such as if they have children. Make sure the small talk does not take about too much of the business lunch. You just want to show them that you are personable.
4. Make sure you practice proper dining etiquette. Sit up straight and do not put your elbows on the table. Lay your napkin on your lap. Use the appropriate silverware for each dish. If no one orders alcohol, don?t order any. Hold your utensils properly. Don?t touch your food with your hand.
Also visit: www.oicun.org
As well, don?t talk with your mouth full of food. Always say ?please? and ?thank you.? Take small portions and chew with your mouth closed. Don?t be the first one to finish the meal so you are not just sitting there watching the others eat. Don?t dip your bread in any sauces.
If you are having soup, use your spoon and sip the side of the spoon instead of putting the entire spoon in your mouth. Cut your meat in small pieces. After you finish your meal, do not move your plate in the center of the table. Leave it in front of you and wait for the server to remove it.
5. It is important that you know the etiquette regarding payment for the lunch. If you were invited to the lunch, then the one who invited you will pay. If you do the inviting, then you pay the tab. Do not be in a hurry to leave. Wait until everyone is ready to leave before you get up from the table.
The success of a business lunch will depend on how well you practice good manners. Don?t be nervous. Just relax and be pleasant, respectful, and courteous. By practicing proper business etiquette, you will have a successful business lunch and leave a long-lasting positive impression.
More read: Logitech Gaming Software
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57