Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. (12454 Views)

10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades / Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by ednut1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
@iyaski d main problem is numba of applicants. Eg 15k pple applyin 4 20 spaces, it is very costly to process all, so wit 2.1 maybe 2500 wil apply, also seting age nd experience may mk it 1000. D main fault is govt nd our parents 4 too many children. As 2.1 r nt much they want dm to save time nd cost.
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by ednut1(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
@iyaski d main problem is numba of applicants. Eg 15k pple applyin 4 20 spaces, it is very costly to process all, so wit 2.1 maybe 2500 wil apply, also seting age nd experience may mk it 1000. D main fault is govt nd our parents 4 too many children. As 2.1 r nt much they want dm to save time nd cost.
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by ednut1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
iyaski:

please does anyone have stories about a 2.2 or 3rd class entering an oil firm? No multinational oil firm can employ below 2.1. Or can someone debunk this claim
siddon there wit connection even 3rd klas dy enta, witout connect na oyo
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by ednut1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2011
iyaski:

please does anyone have stories about a 2.2 or 3rd class entering an oil firm? No multinational oil firm can employ below 2.1. Or can someone debunk this claim
siddon there wit connection even 3rd klas dy enta, witout connect na oyo
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by OgaMadam(f): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
I graduated with a 2.2 but through God's grace my faith has never really been about my ability or brain - more in Him.

It has been a struggle to be honest. and i went through somethings like trying to secure a "real" job in a foreign environment and never being able to do so.

But God always opens doors and they are big and beautiful.

After returning home to my country, i thot i would get a job at the click of my finger tips. this was not so. private companies had race issues, public/government employed who they knew. so it was tough. i even got fired from a job i did everything to keep.

But God is ALWAYS faithful. Today i am an accountant with a "real" job. as a matter of fact 2nd in command.

I work for an internationally recognised brand. In the top 50 of fortune 500 companies.

I practice exactly what i studied for - i just wanted to say thank you my God.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by romaco: 1:30am On Sep 03, 2011
i graduated in 2006 with a third class, and went for service in 2007/2008, i thank God cos i have always belived in God can change any body's story, immediatly after service, i got a job in one of the leading airlines in the country and have rose to a supervisor within two years, never knew what unemployment is like, my advise is your grade dosent matter, i am not saying good grade are not good, in short i wish i had a first class, but in all things, belive in God and have faith,be very determined becos its a competitive world lastly, NEVER GIVE UP!

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2011
I just graduated from school with a 2.1. I got a 4.46. It was quite painful because I wanted a first class. I just want to say this that even though we might not have gotten the grades that we wanted, there is no limit to our abilities to dream and dream big. As a matter of fact, dreams are freely given; even a poor man can dream. Let's learn not to depend on any man but depend on the only wise God. He alone hold the power of true success in his hands and no matter the grade, every one deserves a distinct and successful life. God bless our works and hustles. Cheers. X.

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Feex: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2011
@jaylinaa, i would really love to know you better, if you dont mind. i also graduated with a similar GP because of some uncontrollable(?) factors. my email is flexibility123@gmail.com
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
@Feez
Would be a pleasure. My email address is jessysignature@yahoo.com. X.
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by lukitty(f): 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
really amazing and motivating stories, currently undergoing my masters program and its just seems the more u read, the more u realise u know nothing, the need to constantly upgrade urself is like a pain in the butts grin buh it all boils down to what stuff u r made of, irrespective of wot class of degree u came out with
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
To me graduating with a 2:2 or 3rd class is'nt the end.To be frank i graduated with a 3rd class degree in 2009 from 'Uniport' due to alot of problems i can't explain here.I live in Rivers State, But due to the mercies of God the year i came back from my NYSC in feb.2010,I got some contact that a shipping company was recruiting(GULF AGENCY).I got there and was suprised that i was just to fill an employment form{though for Graduates) and tick the type of skill that i needed the company to train me on!And that was that to God be the glory i was trained in Ghana as an 'Oiler', We travel round the world delivering Gas coz the company is affiliated with NLNG, FOLKS TRUST GOD AND NOT YOUR 1:1 or 2:1 .Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by patito702: 11:01pm On Sep 03, 2011
I must say that the testimony of Oke Omoge has really touched me because my case is very similar to hers.I graduated with a 3.48 and even till date i still feel real bad knowing i cud do better.My challenge is that my relatives all think i graduated with a 2.1 and i dont know how to confess the truth to them .They have always known me to be a very intelligent student and will be highly disappointed cry .Please any advise on what to do? P.S. I studied Accounting and I also have a diploma in French and I will be serving this November batch.Thanks.
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by lovejo(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2011
Can anyone with ICAN certificate ( Chartered Accountant ) without normal degree share their experience here? Just want to know if it works out that way than 2.1
Thanks.
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by innason(m): 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
the worst part in my 2.2 story was that i was amongst the best in class. My problem started with the school that i went thru.the school was so bad that to pass a course you either had the text of the course or you repeat the course. for some of us whose parents manged to get our school fees the books where more hurdles to cross.The terrible part equally was the way lecturers of 3point and 4 point courses collect sorting money.cumulatively these lead to my finishing with a 2.2 (3.45). But i followed on with the believe that i was good and went ahead in search of a good job. when my mates where looking for jobs in the small time manufacturing companies that pay 30-40k,i went on for the big league jobs banks,consulting firms etc. I didn't give up and today God has blessed my diligence and hard work,i work with the biggest and strongest bank in Nigeria today ,and i am very comfortable.
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by gtswt(f): 2:30am On Sep 05, 2011
Though i am still in school, i personally want to share the experience of a family friend who graduated with 2.2 from a state university in 2006, registered and wrote Ican after several attempts. Thank God, today hes chartered and currently doing his MBA in a federal Uni. Works in a reputable financial institution, married and living happily.

Pls, note that life isn't all about coming out with excellent grades(1.1 or 2.1), but acknowledging God as our source and trusting Him is the ultimate!!

Believe and have Faith, coz God will take u places u NEVER dream of!!!
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2011
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Cory(f): 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2011
God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, The God that did it for Nairalanders, Please do it for me too.

2 Likes

Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by SpaceAngel: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2011
Don't give up even if you came out with a pass. I graduated with 2.2 though i didn't search for job too long but it was not easy .Today am very comfortable and the number of digit on my pay package plenty well well
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
Ije004 my email address is 'boma84@hotmail.com'
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
Please nairalander help me post this topic-N.T.A has started sending text massages today a friend of mine was invited for an aptitude test slated for the 9th of september
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2011
Please nairalander help me post this topic-N.T.A has started sending text massages today a friend of mine was invited for an aptitude test slated for the 9th of september
Re: Testimonies Of Graduates With 2.2 And Below And How They Made It. by airminem(f): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
wow i think i ve been extremely motivated. My case seems a little lower, finished my national diploma in 2005 studied electical engineering, the pathetic situation of our economy and discrimination of the polytechnic system made me pursue getting admission into the university. For 4years i tried with no avail even though i graduated with upper credit, wrote jamb always had above 230. Went back for my hnd last year and i wld be graduating in 2 months time i ve been writing good upper crredit and no i wld be graduating with at least an uppercredit. If those who ve university degrees still face this kind of challenge then how do i stand. Am a hard fighter i plan on getting lots of certifications during service year to boost my cv am majoring in electronics telecoms engineering. Thanks for ur posts i ve been truely motivated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When the available job or business becomes the desirable. / How Lucrative Is Computers And Laptop Repairs? / Ogun Civil-Service Commission Demands 12k From Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.