Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? (22388 Views)

Studying Law Becoming Useless In Nigeria?? / Can You Sell Your B.sc Certificate For #100 Million? / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Ybaby: 8:59am On Jan 27, 2022
JeffreyJames:
Because a lot of BSc holders are Airheads. undecided They don't know anything and have no employable skills. Just "I am a graduate" and vibes.

Learn to use CAPITAL LETTERS when stating facts. It took me almost 2 years to get a good customer service person and currently pay her 100k+ and I was advertising on hotnigerianjobs and jobberman every month.

Each advert gives us about 200 to 400 candidates and 95% are olodo....... just vibes.

Put a laptop in front of them and they can not paste even after watching a SOP video on how to do the task...... once they get to copy and paste - they start using CTRL P instead of CTRL V....... Graduates? ? ? not 1 not 2 not 10..... young graduates with iphone but no computer literacy.

Then the ones that can use CTRL V found thier last job stressful so they left without getting another job.... so who is paying your bills Nikka (you have a 2 months old baby) my brother in London sends us upkeep! Tor!!! grin grin grin I just say it was nice meeting you.... we will call you donot call us ( it is against the law to tell such a person that he is a lazy irresponsible man/father who will introduce entitlement culture if allowed to venture in) or the one truecaller brought up her name as Mercy hook up.... All BSC holders!!

So sad!!!

6 Likes

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by LeyeWrites: 8:59am On Jan 27, 2022
naija4life247:

Offense?

We don't give a damn what you think about us. The Lion, king of the jungle does not give a damn about what dogs and cats think about it.
A lion that's looking for vultures to feed it grin grin

Dey dere dey shout lion...hunger never jam u
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by mmsen: 8:59am On Jan 27, 2022
cardoso514:
Bsc is not useless our youth have upgraded but the economy cannot cope

I think that's a questionable statement, if you look at the quality of so-called graduates.

But even if said graduates were competent the economy, culture and environment they are entering are not conducive to anything but the chaos that they were raised in and have become accustomed to.
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by FaithBrain1994(m): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2022
Graduates who are supposed to create jobs and absorb the non-opportunes are on NL arguing which qualification is superior than the other. Shame shame shame shameee

2 Likes

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Blackdisciple(m): 9:01am On Jan 27, 2022
It was Buhari that caused it
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by abah001: 9:02am On Jan 27, 2022
because our leaders have turn the country to shithole
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by mrdharkchild(m): 9:02am On Jan 27, 2022
franchasng:
Na lie oh cheesy

I am beating my chest on this..
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2022
How can you say, OND holder are getting employed than Bsc holder, this isn't true at all, the problem is that Degree holder are lowly paid, from 50k, Even Masters. Msc is not what someone could boast of as it is now, in nigeria. Start up a business, and watch it grow, or rather learn a skill. You can't rely on your first degree or either your second degree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by tiyejoor: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2022
Most of you commenting here i believe are not in the corporate world. there is no job you apply for that doesn't require a qualification and the minimum requirement especially for structured organization is a B.Sc. Forget the fact that we have unemployment issue, the B.sc is still a pre-requisite to get a job as we speak. It also depends on how you package yourself.

5 Likes

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by franchasng: 9:03am On Jan 27, 2022
mmsen:
Degrees are useless when there is no job market or when the pool of labour far outstrips the number of jobs available.

It isn't a Nigerian issue, it's global.
Even in the almighty America, Bsc is useless in some fields. In fact many fields or courses are useless in US and other first world nations.

In US now, if you didn't study Medicine, Nursing and healthcare related courses, Lab science, computer related courses like cybersecurity, etc, my brother you will most likely not find a job, and if you ever do, it will be odd job or job outside your field of study which will make your Bsc useless as the P in psychology grin

4 Likes

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by RolexOfGeneva(m): 9:05am On Jan 27, 2022
edochie12:
The simple answer is that polytechnic are doing more of practicals than theory, that's why banks prefer them to those that attend University,but University are doing mainly on theory.
You are talking trash. I went to a university. I studied elect eng. Contrary to popular beliefs, universities basically choke you daily with practicals. Plus, they have more and better equipment. Since graduating, we've been to different field. Till date, every poly graduate I meet at the fields is amazed by my level of dexterity. None of them comes close. They learn from me and I'm always open to teaching them.

1 Like

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by AntiWailer: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Baba, Im sure you must be a fresh grad

Before leaving for the US
I must confess I applied for almost all Military, para military and even ministry in Nigeria...and I met lots of people like me finding a job...

I'm telling you have met couple of grad and will gladly apply those jobs with Olevel...

Guy I don't blame them...do you know what they have gone Tru?
Or you think it's easy to get a federal job with BSc without a strong connect??...

atleast the Olevel idea got some good numbers in...so why won't the rest follow the idea

Your experience for job search never reach bro

Yes if graduating over 10 years ago is fresh then I am a fresh graduate.

I am not disputing that, I am saying I can’t employ any one with such mentality.

Which is what orgs watch out for during interviews.

Before I graduated I even ruled out working for one man business not to talk of going to look for my Waec certificate to look for job.

1 Like

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by franchasng: 9:08am On Jan 27, 2022
Ybaby:

Learn to use CAPITAL LETTERS when stating facts. It took me almost 2 years to get a good customer service person and currently pay her 100k+ and I was advertising on hotnigerianjobs and jobberman every month.

Each advert gives us about 200 to 400 candidates and 95% are olodo....... just vibes.

Put a laptop in front of them and they can not paste even after watching a SOP video on how to do the task...... once they get to copy and paste - they start using CTRL P instead of CTRL V....... Graduates? ? ? not 1 not 2 not 10..... young graduates with iphone but no computer literacy.

Then the ones that can use CTRL V found thier last job stressful so they left without getting another job.... so who is paying your bills Nikka (you have a 2 months old baby) my brother in London sends us upkeep! Tor!!! grin grin grin I just say it was nice meeting you.... we will call you donot call us ( it is against the law to tell such a person that he is a lazy irresponsible man/father who will introduce entitlement culture if allowed to venture in) or the one truecaller brought up her name as Mercy hook up.... All BSC holders!!

So sad!!!

I don laugh fall for ground cheesy cheesy
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Osilama1: 9:12am On Jan 27, 2022
Trojan8:

Even in advanced countries, those that want to school still look for jobs. If everybody start creating jobs, who would work under those companies?

This kind of mentality is annoying.
like to create job easy self
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Kwinesther: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2022
whytediamond:
In this age of digitalisation, if you're a graduate and you still believe salary job will help you actualize your dreams of becoming great, I feel sad for you.

Playing around YouTube alone for 4hrs daily for 30days should bring any intelligent SSCE holder out of generational poverty.

Bsc. HND, OND and the rest is not relevant in a society like Nigeria where the average monthly take home for a graduate is less than 80 USDollar
I'm very interested,Please can you put me through?
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Osilama1: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=Indispensable85 post=109726193]

That's fallacious. There are many bsc holders that are very intelligent, competent and smart. Most times when they get the chance to find themselves in a system that works, they're super flyers. The Nigeria system can destroy anyone but for grace.
It's not just about bsc even msc and phd have become worthless in Nigeria because of the country has totally collapsed. Did you not hear how many phd holders that applied to be driver in dangote company?[/quote abi ooo Many ist class no work... Does it mean Dem no Sabi na opportunity be d koko.... But then even for abroad pple with degree de do wetin Dem no like oooo
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by zeyt: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2022
Skills not paper is what employers needed nowadays

1 Like

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by arantess: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2022
Zandena:

I don't think companies can't pay Bsc. Holders, it's a cost cutting measures to cope with the economic realities.
A firm can comfortably pay 2 OND employees with a Bsc. Employee,thereby reducing number of degree holders on the pay roll and also allows for more hands to be engaged while minimizing costs and maximizing returns
This is why Nigeria will keep writing IELTS
Your English comprehension is poor
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by FinanceHub12: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2022
Here is
<a href= https://healthassurity.com/”> Complete Health guide </a>
<a href= https://thetechnologytips.com/free-seo-tools-that-can-rank-your-site-on-google-1st-page/”> Complete Technical tips </a> enjoy
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Yoighaman(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2022
Whether companies prefer to employ only OND or HND holders or not; whether you have marketable skills or not; please do all you can and ensure you get a B.Sc....e get why.
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Ikeblessing: 9:19am On Jan 27, 2022
Universities also do much practicals as HND.
I went to university and can tell u more. As a graduate from any University, you are more qualified in your discipline. Except d person doesn't know what he's doing.
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Osilama1: 9:22am On Jan 27, 2022
SerikiFulani:
A Bsc degree in Nigeria is not enough to get you on your feet....I have a Msc but I don't rely on my certificate.

My friend who's a Senior lecturer and a PhD holder earns 500k monthly, while I as a Msc holder and a Web developer/Copywriter earn nothing less than 3 million naira monthly
I thought assu said lecturers can't earn this Much...
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Indispensable85(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2022
[quote author=Osilama1 post=109727169][/quote]

The most important thing na to put food for table first.
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by SerikiFulani(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2022
Osilama1:
I thought assu said lecturers can't earn this Much...

He's a Senior lecturer in a private university.

1 Like

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by MVLOX(m): 9:29am On Jan 27, 2022
The question should be how did higher education in Nigeria become so useless.....
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Giroud12: 9:36am On Jan 27, 2022
Why can't bsc holders be the ones creating jobs in nigeria , all this paper holder running kiti kiti looking for job are just shameless , in the united state decree holders are the ones creating jobs for there fellows , but in nigeria we keep relying on gov job after school , we just have junk of paper holders /parasite with nothing to offer to this country

1 Like

Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by whytediamond(m): 9:47am On Jan 27, 2022
LordIsaac:

Even in the USA, people who earn salaries still do well....from police staff to prison staff, amongst others. Just say something is fundamentally wrong with your country! Stop generalisations...logic calls some generalisations, such as the above, fallacy.

One of the problem we have as a people is lack of proper comprehension.

Read the last paragraph of what you quoted. This time, slowly.

What do you do for a living bro?
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by whytediamond(m): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2022
Kwinesther:
I'm very interested,Please can you put me through?

Follow me on Instagram @15kshop_fr

You can also chat me on WhatsApp.

Thanks.
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Kwinesther: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2022
whytediamond:

Follow me on Instagram @15kshop_fr

You can also chat me on WhatsApp.

Thanks.
Thanks so much! What's your WhatsApp number?
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2022
Una mates dey use yahoo build mansions, while una dey here dey drag hnd and bbc tongue tongue tongue
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by Isvo: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2022
SerikiFulani:

Definitely bro,I still know some graduates looking for jobs up and down with their "overrated" Bsc degree..

The world is going digital, imagine a website designer charging $5k for a job that won't take him more than 4 days while a Bsc holder in Nigeria here is looking for a monthly job of 70,80k

I told my younger cousin after graduation that he should go learn SEO, Copywriting & Video editing....Today, he's a millionaire earning nothing less than 2 million naira monthly

Even guys that flip domain on the business section here in Nairaland make thousands of dollars weekly/monthly...

Hello sir I'm a aspiring product designer, and I really like what you just said, but i need to ask if the field of product design is promising, and how does one get a job
Re: How did the B.sc Become So Useless In Nigeria? by travelzcruix: 9:59am On Jan 27, 2022
It's not about the degree, though every society has its standard. First you must know education in Nigeria is big business, how do you show you have done your remittance to the Federal government when you don't show your certificate. The question rather we all should be asking is, with what you have learnt so far, if our Good and gracious God makes you an employer of labour, will you hire yourself? During my days in uni, I found the whole trick. Education here in Nigeria is about regurgitation, so I saved myself the stress of doing any in depth research outside what was been thought. I rather invested that time in doing more of the practical aspect of my field. Although the money has not come yet, but there is this deep satisfaction within me that I am on track.
Get your degree for Naija cos e get y even if it means blocking your way through after all stress is stress, you denied yourself luxery to fund your education.
Hardwork pays, with time, the wind will definitely blow out the chaff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba 2012/2013 New And Pre Degree / University Of Calabar Retires Professor For Plagiarism / NUC Approves University Of Africa For Bayelsa As 43rd State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.