Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (902762 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Sheyman56: 8:28am On May 27, 2022
Application submitted: February 17
Biometrics done and updated : February 22
Upfront medical passed: March 1
Eligibility Review: hasn't started
PPR: I'll surely get it sooner than expected!

Who else applied in February?

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uddeze1(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2022
chudom99:
Plz let's connect here https:///EDJVFVcjamw65rdgcpvtiS
the link isn't opening. Where does it lead to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 9:19am On May 27, 2022
vividlooks:

In my opinion, I'd say no.
But when you say financially capable, do you mean the student already has a stable source of income?. Well I'm not a VO So, Let's wait for others to weigh in on the matter too

She's studying abroad and has a stable part-time job.
Thanks vividlooks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dangervu(m): 9:25am On May 27, 2022
gurus in the house i need help, frank ,makano, toceen2022

first academic year says $17,847.74 and its a two year course

then this first semester of the program (4) months of study: $9,317.47, Cdn i think the school fees payment are by semesters Conestoga college

total cost of the program on there site is $17,847.74

Estimated tuition fee for the first academic year of the program (8 months of study: $17,847.74, Cdn Estimated tuition fee for the first semester of the program (4) months of study: $9,317.47, Cdn Tuition amounts listed above are an ESTIMATE only and are expected to increase for the next academic year starting in the Fall semester. We expect that exact fees will be posted to the College website by June. Tuition varies by program. Please Note: This program cannot guarantee late arrivals. Please plan to attend your orientation and begin your studies on the first day of classes. Note: The College reserves the right to close registration when capacity in the program has been reached. It is important to follow all required steps and confirm your registration as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by boxymccoy(m): 9:37am On May 27, 2022
I also got an admission with University of Manitoba, University 1. Pls can you send me the link to page 1 of this thread abeg
kweje:

Hello Freedomtours. The information your friend needs is on page 1 of this thread. Take time to read through the first few pages and as well as profiles of those approved. Most questions will be answered while reading through and following the thread.

Did she/he get an Advanced Entry 200L into Nursing? Because University of Manitoba doesn't offer Year 1(100Level ) admission into Nursing but into University 1 from where she or he would progress to Advanced Entry.

If its University 1, it would be an unconditional offer, meaning tuition deposit is NOT A MUST. So once the necessary documents (from page 1) is available, visa application can submitted.

But if your friend got the advanced entry(200L), then follow the instructions on the offer letter.

If the offer letter is through an agent and shows Nursing Year 1…… be vigilant please( verify that offer)

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:07am On May 27, 2022
dangervu:
gurus in the house i need help,

first academic year says $17,847.74 and its a two year course

then this first semester of the program (4) months of study: $9,317.47, Cdn i think the school fees payment are by semesters Conestoga college

total cost of the program on there site is $17,847.74

Estimated tuition fee for the first academic year of the program (8 months of study: $17,847.74, Cdn Estimated tuition fee for the first semester of the program (4) months of study: $9,317.47, Cdn Tuition amounts listed above are an ESTIMATE only and are expected to increase for the next academic year starting in the Fall semester. We expect that exact fees will be posted to the College website by June. Tuition varies by program. Please Note: This program cannot guarantee late arrivals. Please plan to attend your orientation and begin your studies on the first day of classes. Note: The College reserves the right to close registration when capacity in the program has been reached. It is important to follow all required steps and confirm your registration as soon as possible.
Sincerely, you still didn't mention what exactly you need help with.

If you're confused about the tuition, send a mail to your department. But I know that the total tuition for 2 years Conestoga college program is not $17,847, it's for the first year only. And any increment for the next academic year is usually within 2% to 4% maximum.

For the first semester, if you paid $9,317, then second semester will be $8,530.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 10:13am On May 27, 2022
UPDATE

GTBank naira master card limit has been increased to $200 USD (i.e $254 CAD)
For those paying for study permit application or school application within this range you can make use of it. Someone just paid for 235 CAD application fee now and it went through successfully.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oluwanishore(f): 10:15am On May 27, 2022
[quote author=zmande post=113168928]

We have been checking her email and also logging into her portal every 30 minutes but nothing yet. Are you the applicant or the spouse?
I am the applicant. I hope you have received your information by now. If you haven't, then you need to seek help from the gurus here. Let them direct you on what next to do. Please do so quickly. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kidsister13: 10:23am On May 27, 2022
October 2021 applicant!!!

Please is there any disadvantage sending mail to this people again after 3 weeks to ask them how far.
I don refresh my mail tire, I don check portal tire. What else should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by imarrpopson: 10:29am On May 27, 2022
dearie:
Dear Gurus,

Please I need your advice. I put up a property for sale, hoping to use the proceeds to fund my study in Canada. However, Admission came out before the sale was concluded with just about N2m in my account. I intend paying the full fees for first Semester and having another 10,000CAD in GIC for upkeep and still have about 10m in my account by the time of application. Please what are my chances since its a lump sum or do I defer the admission till Winter? Its a 2 year programme starting next fall.

You should be fine. I had a similar case( sold a property). I paid my first-year tuition + 10k GIC. Just show documents to back up your claims that you sold a property.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Aitchugo: 10:31am On May 27, 2022
Sheyman56:

I applied on February 15th. My biometrics and medicals have been updated. My eligibility review started May 19th. Expecting PPR soon

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dangervu(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2022
Toceen2022:

Sincerely, you still didn't mention what exactly you need help with.

If you're confused about the tuition, send a mail to your department. But I know that the total tuition for 2 years Conestoga college program is not $17,847, it's for the first year only. And any increment for the next academic year is usually within 2% to 4% maximum.

For the first semester, if you paid $9,317, then second semester will be $8,530.

Thank you so much ! You just answered my question ! Is it possible to get a college that is cheaper than this $17,847 a year I think is on the high side ,thank you once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 10:34am On May 27, 2022
dangervu:

Thank you so much ! You just answered my question ! Is it possible to get a college that is cheaper than this $17,847 a year I think is on the high side ,thank you once again

College of North Atlantic, It’s in Newfoundland. I think everything is about 5k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:08am On May 27, 2022
dangervu:

You're welcome boss...
Cheapest colleges in Canada are usually colleges in the Atlantic provinces, check New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and NewFoundland. NBCC, NSCC or College of the North Atlantic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by afosoft: 11:11am On May 27, 2022
Toceen2022:

Where exactly do you need? You only pass information, you've not said exactly where you need help

Hello Tosin, pls drop your number. I message you already pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by iwale: 11:28am On May 27, 2022
@showyoung,thanks for your concern.for the transcript am going for it God will see me through.pls my brother am going to humber college for advance diploma and course is business administration because that is my area of concentration but i finished my degree in 2008set,so with dat study gap how am i to with the admission process.i am to pay 75cad for processing,total fee is 16,814dollars.my question now is how can i pay the deposit and kindly give more cloue on this school concerning pgwp pls i need your insight on this pls.
ShowYoung:

Alternatively, if you have ND or NCE prior to having BSc and you have transcript for either of the two, you can proceed on applying for admission. Conditional admission would be given with instruction that you provide the transcript for the BSc at a later date if at all it would be needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bumma: 11:31am On May 27, 2022
Good morning.

Please can someone provide me the link on this thread showing how to proof home ties for someone with no work experience and finished NYSC for over 2 years now. Also, how do I present an inherited property to Visa officer. The property still has my fathers name on it. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 11:32am On May 27, 2022
afosoft:

Hello Tosin, pls drop your number. I message you already pls
Hello boss, I just responded to your mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pandasofire(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2022
Must the biometrics instructions letter be printed in coloured
Or black and white is ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by stanmorry(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2022
Thanks hugely. I really appreciate this...
Toceen2022:

Pictures alone cannot suffice...they only serve as additions to your marriage certificate. If you said you're married, you're expected to provide a verifiable certificate, and date of marriage. Infact, in the new portal, there's a dedicated document space for marriage certificate alone.

What you can do is to select NO, but in your SOP, state that you have had your traditional marriage and add pictures to your application. You can also mention that your official marriage date is coming up soon.
OR, do it asap and kuku add it.

But don't choose yes when you don't have marriage certificate yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by dearie(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2022
ShowYoung:

You don't need to defer your admission or delay your application in as much as you tidy up your application the right way.

Lump sum is not a problem if you have reasonable explanation for it

Thank you very much for your response!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by paragon4b: 11:58am On May 27, 2022
Good day to Everyone,

Please I need your advice,

The school that gave me admission asked for my WAEC Results and Passport. But the issue I'm having now is that, There is Date of Birth written on My WAEC Certificate and that date of Birth is different from what's on my Passport Biopage.

Please Gurus in the house , what do you expect I should do before sending it to them ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jovids: 12:12pm On May 27, 2022
Pandasofire:
Must the biometrics instructions letter be printed in coloured
Or black and white is ok
. It can be in black and white

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nelson2k: 12:29pm On May 27, 2022
2021? They have forgotten about you ooo

Kidsister13:
October 2021 applicant!!!

Please is there any disadvantage sending mail to this people again after 3 weeks to ask them how far.
I don refresh my mail tire, I don check portal tire. What else should I do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amila20042001: 12:32pm On May 27, 2022
Can someone pls help me with the webform to upload upfront medical slip. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by geotherm: 12:40pm On May 27, 2022
Same timeline as my sister no update
Sheyman56:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:56pm On May 27, 2022
iwale:
@showyoung,thanks for your concern.for the transcript am going for it God will see me through.pls my brother am going to humber college for advance diploma and course is business administration because that is my area of concentration but i finished my degree in 2008set,so with dat study gap how am i to with the admission process.i am to pay 75cad for processing,total fee is 16,814dollars.my question now is how can i pay the deposit and kindly give more cloue on this school concerning pgwp pls i need your insight on this pls.

I have sent you a mail, kindly reply or mail me back or contact using my signature below.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ShowYoung: 12:59pm On May 27, 2022
paragon4b:
Good day to Everyone,

Please I need your advice,

The school that gave me admission asked for my WAEC Results and Passport. But the issue I'm having now is that, There is Date of Birth written on My WAEC Certificate and that date of Birth is different from what's on my Passport Biopage.

Please Gurus in the house , what do you expect I should do before sending it to them ?

Option 1. (Easiest but may not be accepted)
Provide a court affidavit stating the error.

Option 2.
Apply for change of details on your Passport at a NIS location.

Option 3.
Find a way to change the Date of Birth on your WAEC certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tribot: 12:59pm On May 27, 2022
Hey everyone, is there anyone living in belleville, ontario and if possible goes to loyalist college?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Iykevirgo: 1:08pm On May 27, 2022
Hi guys!
I got offer of admission in February,and submitted my study visa application on March 22 2022. My classes started in May. I had to defer the admission to next year,and I got a new admission letter. I would like to know if I'm supposed to upload the new admission letter to my application or wait to receive a decision for my current application before sending the update to CIC if need be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 1:31pm On May 27, 2022
�� Thank you for this info.

Toceen2022:
UPDATE

GTBank naira master card limit has been increased to $200 USD (i.e $254 CAD)
For those paying for study permit application or school application within this range you can make use of it. Someone just paid for 235 CAD application fee now and it went through successfully.

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.