Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (898040 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good afternoon fam just filling my form.
About the National id sector I saw date isssue/ expire and I'm with the temporary National id there is no issues date on it please guys how do you go about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
DarrrkMatter:
Good Morning All
I graduated secondary school in July 2019
I gained admission immediately to one of the best universities in Nigeria without help or connection
I'm currently in my second year studying mechanical engineering but truth be told... I'm tired and I've lost faith in the Nigerian tertiary education system... fraud everywhere
I'm currently considering dropping out then starting all over abroad preferably Canada or USA
I'm still under 20 so age is still on my side
My WAEC RESULT : BIOLOGY B3
CHEMISTRY B3
CIVIC EDUCATION B3
DATA PROCESSING B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE B3
FURTHER MATHEMATICS A1
GENERAL MATHEMATICS B2
PHYSICS C4
TECHNICAL DRAWING C6
What i keep thinking about now is the 3 years gap i now have since when I graduated secondary school... because I see some schools require no more than 2 years since graduating from high school

Please don't drop out yet oo!!?
You have a good waec results just apply for a school
first but still hold on to the one you have now
About the gap year... How is your academic performance currently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
Teemenzo:

It is only enough if you are very lucky to get a job with LMIA immediately you leave school

A PGWP is an open work permit and as a result you don't need an LMIA when applying for jobs.
Yes you can get a PR with one year PGWP but you stand a better chance through the PNP route to PR and it all depends on the province you are applying through. If you want to apply via a federal program then you will need to apply via Canadian experience class and in this case you must be lucky enough to have gotten a Job immediately after you applied for PGWP, this is because when applying for PR via the canadian experience class you need one year of canadian work experience and a job offer too.
Saskatchewan pnp usually require 6months of work experience for those that graduated from their province and have a job offer.
You can also check the Atlantic provinces ( new Brunswick, nova Scotia, prince Edward island, Newfoundland and labrador) if you study a year program in a dli . You can apply for PR via the pnp of the province if you have a job offer and and meet other requirements. They tend to favour people who studied in their province. You can check them out.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by olowoba2: 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
10. DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
Credit to Frankrobbn1

@justwise @ everyone please.

After submitting application online, is there a follow-up interview?
Is medical report required as part of the documents to be submitted online? I don't see it listed as a document here but It is on the immigration website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by omariam: 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
Teemenzo:

You will succeed in Jesus name
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2022
mrprolifik:

A PGWP is an open work permit and as a result you don't need an LMIA when applying for jobs.
Yes you can get a PR with one year PGWP but you stand a better chance through the PNP route to PR and it all depends on the province you are applying through. If you want to apply via a federal program then you will need to apply via Canadian experience class and in this case you must be lucky enough to have gotten a Job immediately after you applied for PGWP, this is because when applying for PR via the canadian experience class you need one year of canadian experience and a job offer too.
Saskatchewan pnp usually require 6months of work experience for those that graduated from their province and have a job offer.
You can also check the Atlantic provinces ( new Brunswick, nova Scotia, prince Edward island, Newfoundland and labrador) if you study a year program in a dli . You can apply for PR via the pnp of the province if you have a job offer and and meet other requirements. They tend to favour people who studied in their province. You can check them out.

The person was asking about PR not open work permit. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HHH3: 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
Congratulations Buchito 1.

When are you traveling? We're headed the same place so guess....

buchito1:
So guys,!!! I got my STAMPED PASSPORT delivered to me at my doorstep yesterday! Yaaayy cheesy

Sent my Passport to lagos for stamping (didn't need to use/pay extra for Abuja cause I wasn't rushing anywhere!! ) on the 28th January 2022 and got it on the 8th February 2022.

It took roughly 12days to send and get delivered to me smiley

I owe this Platform everything! You guys are Da Bomb! I wish everyone expecting a feedback on their app goodluck, and a speedy response.

I pray you all experience this Joy I have in me right now.. Cause e go reach everybody! cheesy

E go be guys, make I rush go sell my properties grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Amen
EyinjuGod:

Congrats in advance to you too.
You shall testify soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Amen in Jesus name
kennyjoy:

Best wishes. We shall all rejoice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Amen ooo..it will end in praise oooo
Nikky6:
It will end in praise o!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Amen our Guru
Teemenzo:

You will succeed in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Papapa1234: 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Justmellow is who you need..search for his moniker
Sand4love:

Yes thank you so much
Can anyone link me up with professional writer. I will really appreciate this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by timilehinemmanu(m): 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
Amen ooo Nov applicant anything
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Activateoluwase: 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
Taiyejenny:
How do I beg Trade monitoring system to debit me � because I’m tired of waiting,my school gave me another two weeks again, pls how long does it normally takes ? I used access bank

If you wait, they will not debit you till jesus comes. Just go to your bank and let them know you have no time. I don't really think the system is automatic. I was in bank throughout yesterday before I got debited. I initiated another payment and was debited that same yesterday. I used UBA but access bank too is cool. If you're in lagos I will advice you go straight to their Headquarters. Thank God for UBA-MARINA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nikky6: 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
timilehinemmanu:
Amen ooo Nov applicant anything

Nothing till Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by EuniqueBabe: 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2022
@justwise is good

Sand4love:

Yes thank you so much
Can anyone link me up with professional writer. I will really appreciate this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Adunnee: 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
mrprolifik:

Since you are on a visitor Visa . You will need to leave Canada and re-enter if the application is approved.
Use the address of your home in Nigeria or country of residence.

Click on the link below to read for yourself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/making-application.html

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-215.html

Thank you. I'll read through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toshod: 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good day house,
My gcms Notes came in.
I don't really understand something here.
Help pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Nikky6:

Nothing till Monday

Don't doubt ooo, Saturday is still quite young.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toshod: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
Toshod:
Good day house,
My gcms Notes came in.
I don't really understand something here.
Help pls
Submitted app since August, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BabaDelta1: 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2022
joideviv:

Did you succeed in paying because I need guidance, the link is rejecting every BVN I've used

Quickly go to the bank you did your BVN, they will give you form to fill. Tell them you want to link your email and phone number to your BVN. The next day, open the link and input your BVN again and it will go through.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
DarrrkMatter:
Good Morning All
I graduated secondary school in July 2019
I gained admission immediately to one of the best universities in nigeria without help or connection
I'm currently in my second year studying mechanical engineering but truth be told... I'm tired and I've lost faith in the nigerian tertiary education system... fraud everywhere
I'm currently considering dropping out then starting all over abroad preferably Canada or USA
I'm still under 20 so age is still on my side
My WAEC RESULT : BIOLOGY B3
CHEMISTRY B3
CIVIC EDUCATION B3
DATA PROCESSING B3
ENGLISH LANGUAGE B3
FURTHER MATHEMATICS A1
GENERAL MATHEMATICS B2
PHYSICS C4
TECHNICAL DRAWING C6
What i keep thinking about now is the 3 years gap i now have since when I graduated secondary school... because I see some schools require no more than 2 years since graduating from high school

A bird in hand Is better than thousands in the bush. Don't drop out without getting another admission and visa. You may regret it. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Taiyejenny:
@ Teemenzo
Is the 1 year PGWP enough to process PR , secondly my school didn’t request for ielts but someone said embassy will request for it, pls how true is that ? Thank you

IRCC current have 2 years of application backlog. 1 year is currently not enough. Get a 1.5 to 2-year course in your field.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BabaDelta1: 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2022
Semtu:
Hello guys, I’m trying to pay tuition using the form A.

At first when trying to register, it was saying BVN not linked to Email.

I’ve been to the bank to complain, but now the error message I’m getting is “BVN is invalid”

Please how do I solve this

Please go to the main bank you did your BVN and be sure your BVN is linked to the account you want to use on Trade System. Tell the Customer Service person to link your email and phone number to your BVN. Give a day and try it one more time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ichabodcrane(m): 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ichabodcrane:
Hi everyone
I changed my surname due to personal reasons, will this affect my visa application and family ties?
Abeg make una answer me abeg, I am about to begin my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
canforum65:
Can I carry mote than $10,000 cash from Nigeria to Canada? Will it be seized by Immigration / customs? Any one experienced this before?

You must declare you have that on the canada custom form. Otherwise, they will seize it and may even lead to criminal investigation. You may be investigated and questioned about it after the declaration. They do that to prevent fraud and money laundering. The fact that you are a Nigerian coming from Nigeria, a place notoriously known for fraud and money laundering, won't help your profile. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Imalaeta: 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
[quote author=Adunnee post=110168253]

Thank you. I'll read through. [/quote
Wow, those on work permit do not need to come back before they can apply for another program. That's nice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by BabaDelta1: 3:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
Taiyejenny:
How do I beg Trade monitoring system to debit me � because I’m tired of waiting,my school gave me another two weeks again, pls how long does it normally takes ? I used access bank

You will need to take copies of your BSc certificate, Marriage Certificate if married, NYSC, a printed copy from Trade system in coloured, Passport bio data page to the bank (Access Bank) for sight seeing. Plead with the person in charge of the bank's foreign transaction to help you quickly process it.

Also check on Trade System to be sure it has been approved for disbursement. You will see ADB Review

Hope this helps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
Anon123:

Am sure you paid 10k upwards ?

Police certificate is done in lagos and abuja only.
I had no idea it's done in lagos and abuja, I was thinking is any police station, I paid 20k, I submitted in my first application and passed background check, which police station in lagos is it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good day @ makano, @teemenzo @osemigho and all the gurus in the house. I just got recieved this reply below to the gmc I raise a week ago. Pls I want to ask, is this the reply they send to every body or it's just specifically for me alone. Pls your advise is needed especially as regards the criminality...a certain agent messed me up 9yrs ago and sent fake doc. For my UK visa application, even after paying him 200k and given him my original docs. I didn't get to know until I received a 10yr ban from the UK embassy, i tried arresting the agent, but he has been on the run. Pls, could this be the crim!nalty canadian embassy is talking about below? Pls i need urgent reply and my heart is pumping plenty blood at once right now.

Good Day,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application. However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including health, security and crim!nality. Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Therefore some applications due to the complexity of their nature may take a bit longer to finalise than others

Our office will contact the applicant and sponsor as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information or documents are required.

We realize that the situation is unfortunate and regret that our response could not be more favorable at the moment.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Akexstinger(m): 3:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
Taiyejenny:
Take the saved pdf page of TRMS form and your documents and proceed straight to your bank. The bank you filled as authorized dealer bank and follow up with them . TRMS has nothing to do with you. Theirs is to ensure that all applications for Forex are real and not banks buying dollars and reselling them to black market guys

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by purespikes: 3:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
amiecandie:

You can send an email.

I have since sent the mail. Please check. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (920)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.