Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,525 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (894) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (881941 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by amr12: 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
As a way of giving back to this thread, This is just to inform anyone coming to Fredericton, New Brunswick in the fall of 2022. I will be available to provide a free pickup at the airport to your destination, provided you inform me ahead of time.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Meklex:
Please which schools in Canada don't require IELTS and TOEFL for undergraduate studies. I want to start my application

Memorial University and a list of others... you can mail me for directions for Undergraduate studies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by CharitoJames(f): 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2022
Faworaj:
Oh my God,its ppr this monday morning.

Second time applicant.

I am super happy.

I will update you guys shortly with my timeline

Glory!!! Congratulations... i will testify this week

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chemgeek6(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
@Zmamde is right, not all countries IRCC require their citizens to do medicals
kiari:

No dey give wrong information oooo
When Medicals is not Police Character Certificate…. Medicals is valid for 1 year and There is an appointed hospital or clinic in each county.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fredba: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
Faworaj:

Second time applicant.

I am super happy.

Congratulations ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teebabe2806: 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, we shall receive testimonies IJN. Please I want to ask if there’s someone that can help me with the payment of my visa fee as there’s a limit on international transaction with the Nigerian debit card, I’ll be glad if I can receive this help (I will make the equivalent transaction back to the person). Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 160485(f): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
amr12:
As a way of giving back to this thread, This is just to inform anyone coming to Fredericton, New Brunswick in the fall of 2022. I will be available to provide a free pickup at the airport to your destination, provided you inform me ahead of time. 

Wawu

So kind of you. God bless you.

Any one in Toronto that will be this nice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Oldfashioned145: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Congratulations ���

Father lord thank you for the ppr of today and the ones yet to come

Faworaj:

Second time applicant.

I am super happy.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by khaleesi(f): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
hillary4003:
Congrats!! By this time next week my ppr would have landed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PRINCEHAZAEL: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
Faworaj:

Second time applicant.

I am super happy.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by khaleesi(f): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
KejiT1:
Silent reader and first time poster on this thread.

MY GOD IS GOOD AND KIND TO ME!!!
HAA ,It's PPR for me and my Family.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above ,and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness neither shadow of turning. Jam1:17

Student visa for me,
Study visa for my 4yr old daughter, and
SOWP for my husband.

Old Portal/Gckey.
Upfront medical. : May 12

Application submitted : June 8
Biometrics done&updated. : June 14
Ghost update. 1 : June 21
Medical passed : June 22
Eligibility started. : June 22
Ghost update 2. : June 28
PPR. : June 30

I'm grateful to God almighty for the entire process and success.
And I appreciate all the contributions form the various groups I'm in.
Nairaland,and Telegram groups like 9ja Canadian study support group, Ojc group and Travelling with kids group.

Wow. Congratulations . Please apart form the MPower loan what was the total POF you had to show for you and your family? Also what are the requirements for qualifying for the Mpower Loan? What is the assessment based on? Thanks alot for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MumTee: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thank you @Anon123 for your responses, do you mind if i DM you?
Anon123:

As an international student applying for a study permit, you are expected to demonstrate career and academic advancement as the reason why you are coming to Canada even though the primary goal is to japa.

Mentioning either MBA or Msc doesn't show to the visa officer you are coming to Canada to advance your last academic status. Hence why I said you will not be fulfilling your purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by afrischolars1: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
CAD2019:
Hi everyone, please this is URGENT... My kid sister arrived Canada on a student visa yesterday and the immigration officer requested to see all her documents including her tuition receipt. Unfortunately she doesn't have any as it was only her application fees that was paid. As a result of that the immigration officer didn't issue her study permit but told her to come back today..

is it compulsory to pay the full tuition before landing Canada ?

As a proof she can pay the tuition fees if my mum writes a letter of authorization and my sister login to my mum's(sponsor's) bank statement and show them the balance which is about $40000 will it be ok?

Any advice/suggestion is welcome.TIA

If she stated in her study permit application that she's made the tuition payment then she needs to show it. If she did not state that in the application, then she need to go back with a her or her sponsor's bank statement showing the availability of the fund to pay tuition. Alternatively, she could delay going back to the Immigration post, pay the tuition, obtain proof of payment and then take it to the Immigration post.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by xxsandyxx: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
As you like if but it is less stressful doing it together. It would also slow down your application process doing it separately.
teebullion1:
Please when applying as a family, is it possible to book for medicals separately i.e. can PA do an upfrom medical whille accompanying spouse wait for medical request or must the family book and do the medical at the same time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by xxsandyxx: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
Have you requested for guns note?
zxxtx:
My application is 6 months today. I don’t even know what to do. Sent several mails it’s the same. One time they sent me that it’s still in active review and then nothing. School is starting September 6, I’m already thinking to defer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Abi2022: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hi,

Inshort you wrote about my life in your narration below. I applied on April 26 and had to defer my admission in UK till next year when I wanted to faint from anxiety. I have made full payment of the tuition in Canada and did not want to pay in UK since my acceptance fee is non-refundable except a visa denial. I am even tired of sending webforms and emails because I receive same auto response and a few response saying it's in process and I should liaise with Nairobi Office further. I recently got a response from Nairobi office (see below). I pray God will grant us all our heart desires and bless us beyond our own imagination.

Solacul:
Good Day Nairalanders

I have been a silent reader all along, but it is time to cry out as my mind is failing.....

I would appreciate it if I could get advice on the challenges I have at hand.

I was offered admission at the Centennial College in Ontario for the Fall term of 2022. I have made part payment of my tuition as requested by the school.

I forwarded my study VISA application sometime in April and went for Biometrics on May 5 2022.

I did not submit an upfront medical.
POF submitted was 11.3m plus other required documents

This week will make my application precisely 12 weeks and Nothing has been heard.

I applied for another programme in the UK also for September 2022 also. My major aim is to leave Nigeria latest first week of September 2022.

I have been given admission in the UK at York St John University to be precise. I am yet to make a commitment about the tuition and yet to apply for VISA as I am a bit curious not to make a wrong decision.

I want Nairalanders to advise me if I should go ahead to make a commitment to York St John. The part payment for the tuition is about 5600pounds.

My Questions are
1. Is it advisable for me to pay for the tuition while I still await the response from the Canadian Embassy?
2. Will York St John refund me the tuition if eventually, I get a positive response from Canada?
3. If the Canadian embassy's response eventually comes in while I am already in the UK, can I still continue the application process in the UK to leave the UK for Canada?

I would appreciate elites on this forum to assist in giving advice as I am currently dying out of endless waiting.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PrinceDavo1: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
[quote author=amr12 post=115071575]As a way of giving back to this thread, This is just to inform anyone coming to Fredericton, New Brunswick in the fall of 2022. I will be available to provide a free pickup at the airport to your destination, provided you inform me ahead of time. [/quote

Thanks Bro. For replying my mail. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blazetitov: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2022
amr12:

God bless you bro.

Please do you know anyone who could help in Saint John?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teebabe2806: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, we shall receive testimonies IJN. Please I want to ask if there’s someone that can help me with the payment of my visa fee as there’s a limit on international transaction with the Nigerian debit card, I’ll be glad if I can receive this help (I will make the equivalent transaction back to the person). Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Slimdaddy4(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
I'm planning to myself and my family to Canada through the visa lottery but have no clue on how to go about it. Can you please work me through it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hardelekeh: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Good day ..
Please I need someone who has applied from Uk before to put me through on how to send my passport to VFS . Because the DHL is asking for barcode which I don’t know where I can get it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Annidenobeh: 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
Odyree:
[Nice to see another May applicant. I share in your faith too. Have your medicals been updated yet? And has your eligibility review started? I’ll be attending the University of Guelph, MSc Food and Agriculture Resource Economics. How about you?]

Hi
I applied 30th of may
Did my medicals June 1st and I've also been waiting for the next update ever since

Which school would you be attending and what course do you plan to study
I'm having faith that it'll come out before it's late
hi I also applied may 30th
Have you gotten any update on your application
If you don't mind let's connect on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SAF2K: 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
Its Ppr people ���
3rd attempt, 40yrs Old Lady�
Thank you Awesome God
Long post alert.

I am one person that never wants to leave Nigeria cause of the issues and racism abroad. But that changed when Buhari declared to run for 2nd term in 2018. I was livid and knew he will win and the decay n destruction going on post 2015 will be worst�

My fear was for my children, is this the environment i want them to flourish in?
So 2018 i began with wes runs,did ietls 2018 ,2019 got into the EE pool with a low score,2019 I pushed my husband to write ietls while his wes runs was completed.

Still we didn't make high scores, so i channelled my quest to pnp, got ita twice from Saskatchewan pnp, and twice the relative that gave me the sponsorship in Saskatchewan declined.

So back to ground zero, 2020 i went for another ietls while 7month pregnant �, i received gbas,gbos, chai, then Corona lock down.

Ending 2020 i began searching for schools and applied to different colleges, cos i had 2.2 undergrad and and MBA so i felt getting direct master was impossible�

2021 got my admission from centennial college to read project management.

1st app july 16 refused In September or so
2nd app Nov refused jan 20th
This 2 app i used Centennial admission, and Gcms notes on both occasions stated lower degree from what i currently have in masters and no job prospects in home country.

After the 1st refusal i started looking for schools for masters.The process was very very daunting, i applied to Royal road Bc and Crandall University NB

Crandall came through for me(Master in Org Management)
3rd App 1st May ppr July 25th 2022�

My patience was tested on this journey, i have already started plan b moves to Uk, that by Jan i will be on my way out,as i have 3 Admissions from uk schools in the bag for me.

Documents submitted in all 3 applications are as follows

Passport page
School certificates
Transcript
Embassy reference from my organisation
Birth certificate for me ,husband n my 3kids
National population cert for the whole family
Landed Documents
Power of attorney of my mums property
Certificate of return
Finacial docs (using mybankstatement)
LOA
Passport photo
Cv
Family photos

I had my dear friend and colleague who was with me guiding and pushing me from the get go,MO you are the MVP
I got inputs from Gms writers justmellow
Frank did a great work on my application.

Its not a journey truly for the faint hearted, perseverance is needed and eyes on the ball always,never mind what it takes especially monetery wise.
All those expecting or applying push push until u receive yours, God will crown all our efforts in Jesus name.

Where are my fellow Crandall Students
Though had to defer to May 23 as slots for September is full already.
Thank you Nairaland Family �

46 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ontime22: 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
Thank you for this offer. Pls how can I reach you like phone no or email?
amr12:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jaykeh: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2022
Faworaj:

Second time applicant.

I am super happy.

Congratulations...
please is there any winter 2023 intake who has applied for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
SAF2K:
Its Ppr people ���
Thank you Awesome God
Long post alert.

I am one person that never wants to leave Nigeria cause of the issues and racism abroad. But that changed when Buhari declared to run for 2nd term in 2018. I was livid and knew he will win and the decay n destruction going on post 2015 will be worst�

My fear was for my children, is this the environment i want them to flourish in?
So 2018 i began with wes runs,did ietls 2018 ,2019 got into the EE pool with a low score,2019 I pushed my husband to write ietls while his wes runs was completed.

Still we didn't make high scores, so i channelled my quest to pnp, got ita twice from Saskatchewan pnp, and twice the relative that gave me the sponsorship in Saskatchewan declined.

So back to ground zero, 2020 i went for another ietls while 7month pregnant �, i received gbas,gbos, chai, then Corona lock down.

Ending 2020 i began searching for schools and applied to different colleges, cos i had 2.2 undergrad and and MBA so i felt getting direct master was impossible�

This 2 app i used Centennial admission, and Gcms notes on both occasions stated lower degree from what i currently have in masters and no job prospects in home country.

After the 1st refusal i started looking for schools for masters.The process was very very daunting, i applied to Royal road Bc and Crandall University NB

My patience was tested on this journey, i have already started plan b moves to Uk, that by Jan i will be on my way out,as i have 3 Admissions from uk schools in the bag for me.

Passport page
School certificates
Transcript
Landed Documents
Certificate of return
LOA
Passport photo
Cv
Family photos

I had my dear friend and colleague who was with me guiding and pushing me from the get go,MO you are the MVP

Its not a journey truly for the faint hearted, perseverance is needed and eyes on the ball always,never mind what it takes especially monetery wise.
All those expecting or applying push push until u receive yours, God will crown all our efforts in Jesus name.

Thank you for Nairaland Family �

Big congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Hermes119: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Ghazali34:
Since on the 4th of July

Imagine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MrKong: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello, I'd appreciate your input on this. I intend to get married before applying for my Canadian student visa so I can take my wife with me. How feasible is this? What obstacles should I try and avoid. Thank you greatly!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aboveHeights: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello, which one did you later go for?
If you chose cambrian, would like us to chat more. Applied there, I'm resuming at Cambrian College by 31st of October as well.

Isyma:
Hi guys goodmorning, I need urgent advice, I've been processing form A for Fanshawe college school fees but has not gone successfully, now I just got admission at cambrian college with way lower tuition fee more like double of Fanshawe College tuition. Considering Fanshawe resuming by August 6th 2022 and Considering cambrian resuming by October 31st 2022. And also considering the quality of the two schools whc do think I should go for?
Should I just continue processing Fanshawe or just buy black market dollar and pay for cambrian immediately as their tuition is quite affordable?

Please help guys, Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.
God please remember me and my family today.

SAF2K:
Its Ppr people ���
Thank you Awesome God
Long post alert.

Passport page
School certificates
Transcript
Landed Documents
Certificate of return
LOA
Passport photo
Cv
Family photos

Thank you for Nairaland Family �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by pepper247(f): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
congratulations maam,
1. pls i would like to ask is it the one year or two year program you applied for?
thank u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Comfyski(f): 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello Gurus,
Please help my sister.

"Please I need help in making a decision, I have 2 offers 1 from Seneca College and one from Centennial College..

Seneca is a bit cheaper but it says 8 months on their letter. Centinneial says 1 year minimum.
I'm just wondering which one will give me an edge for study permit"

(1) (2) (3) ... (891) (892) (893) (894) (895) (896) (897) ... (920)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Polish Student Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.