Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Prolific Striker, Ikechukwu Nwani Back To Training After Brief Injury Spell - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Prolific Striker, Ikechukwu Nwani Back To Training After Brief Injury Spell (209 Views)

Super Eagles Resume Training After Yesterday Victory Against South Africa / Lionel Messi All Smiles As He Returns To Training After Breaking His Arm / Real Madrid Stars Show Off Their Awards At Training After The Fifa's Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prolific Striker, Ikechukwu Nwani Back To Training After Brief Injury Spell by arinze198(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
One of the most prolific strikers in the Nigeria Professional Football League, Ikechukwu Nwani of Plateau United Football Club of Jos, has returned to training after weeks of injury, which stopped him from making his debut for the Tin City outfit.

Nwani, who was part of Akwa United FC 2021 NPFL winning team, joined Plateau United at the beginning of the current season on a season long contract and was one of the players to watch but the fans expectations were cut short as he picked up an ankle injury two days to the start of the season.

Speaking with our League Correspondent in their Jos training ground, Nwani, who had a brief stint of foreign football with FC Lori Armenia during the 2019 – 2020 season, said that though his injury was minor, the medical team asked him to rest the leg to avoid complications.

“It was frustrating but I had to obey the medics because they are core professionals. I wanted to start the season so as to help the team take off positively but it was very demoralizing that just 2 day to our first league game, I got injured in training” Nwani said.

He noted that he has enough experience in the Nigerian Premier league so it will be easy for him to fit into the Plateau United team, which presently is on the 4th position after 8 matches.

“We are not doing badly and I must commend my team mates for the good job they are doing. I hope to fight to break into the team and contribute my own quota.”

Speaking on his aborted foreign career, Nwani said that he is taking his time before undertaking any such step again.
“I had a good time with FC Lori Armenia but I had to call it quit with them because the deal was not properly handled. I rather come back to Nigeria knowing that I have a lot to offer than taking up any how deals just because I want to play in Europe” he said.

He added that though there are still interests from foreign clubs, his attention now is on helping Plateau United to win the league just as he played very active part during his time with the 2020-2021 League Champions, Akwa United.
Ikechukwu Nwani has also played for Nasarawa United and Jigawa Golden Stars.

Re: Prolific Striker, Ikechukwu Nwani Back To Training After Brief Injury Spell by DispatcherLagos: 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2022
No be only prolific. Please enough of these hypings.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Sign Diaz From Porto / What Have You Learnt From The Egypt Vs Senegal Afcon Final? / An African Breaks History;world Best Goalkeeper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.