Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please (1607 Views)

I Think Everyone Should Quit Gambling / The Reason Why You Should Quit Gambling / Quit Gambling If You Notice Any Of These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 11:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hello Nairaland.

I had to create this username just to post.

I have been battling with gambling addiction for years now and I just can't stop it.

It made me not to save a dime where I worked for about 5 years. I will always use the money to play online bet.

Now am self employed and getting jobs. It's affecting me now because once client gives me a percentage of the money to start with. I'll use the money to gamble and lose them.

Now am oweing over 1m because I couldn't meet up the deadline to deliver so they are asking for refunds but I can't because it's gone.

I really need help in stopping this gambling addiction.

PS: I have resolved to quit gambling so many times but I keep going back. Don't know what to do.

Mods please kindly move to FP thanks.

Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by jenny005: 1:12am On Jan 27, 2022
Take it to the LORD In prayer, when u pray believe. GOD Will surely help u come out of it.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Nobody: 1:23am On Jan 27, 2022
first what kind of gambling do u do? virtual games or real football betting?
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by fikayormi(m): 1:34am On Jan 27, 2022
Gambling issue again?

Omo me self I kuku no quit until I lost about 600k in 2020, life tired me then and I almost commit suicide, since then I quit , my life has turn around and I’m living a better life .

Dear Op just decide to quit and start your life afresh and stick to it , block all your account, delete their app and find something meaningful to do with your life . Trust me you will be happy you did
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by omotoshodontee1: 2:16am On Jan 27, 2022
Abba114:
answer this question@OP
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by socialmediaman: 2:18am On Jan 27, 2022
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by FERNANDEZISBACK: 2:18am On Jan 27, 2022
fikayormi:
Gambling issue again?

Omo me self I kuku no quit until I lost about 600k in 2020, life tired me then and I almost commit suicide, since then I quit , my life has turn around and I’m living a better life .

Dear Op just decide to quit and start your life afresh and stick to it , block all your account, delete their app and find something meaningful to do with your life . Trust me you will be happy you did
But how do you guys do it tho?
Like how are you comfortable spending that huge amount of money on gambling?
Were you convinced or you made the decision?
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by fikayormi(m): 5:18am On Jan 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

But how do you guys do it tho?
Like how are you comfortable spending that huge amount of money on gambling?
Were you convinced or you made the decision?

Mine was different tho, someone access one of my betting app and through there was able to access my bank account and wiped everything
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by SavageResponse(m): 5:20am On Jan 27, 2022
Gambling is for lazy people who are solely depending on element of luck to make it in life

1 Like

Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Elianawalker(f): 5:22am On Jan 27, 2022
Why not try opening a fixed account?

Save money in a fixed account.

Or save in friend's bank account... Or open a bank account with no ATM card to access your funds at will

Maybe you should try gambling with investments instead... Addiction are hard to quit because you are no longer in control of your will to spend.

Gambling mastered you and took advantage of your love for money nd now you will need to master gambling in other to understand how it controls you.
What do you think gambling has taken from you? You need to identify what gambling has taken from you and is using it to make you do what it wants. Why are you a slave to gambling?
You are it's slave because it promised you wealth, a wealth at the risk of a higher loss but it makes you believe every time that if you can just win for once then all your losses will be covered and you will be happy and would have learnt how to win.

You are in a trap that only your angry determination can save you from.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Boogyman557: 6:01am On Jan 27, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

WTF MAN
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:27am On Jan 27, 2022
fikayormi:

Mine was different tho, someone access one of my betting app and through there was able to access my bank account and wiped everything
That's something else..pls make sure you never ever go back to it...
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by SarutobiEky(m): 7:45am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:
Hello Nairaland.

I had to create this username just to post.

I have been battling with gambling addiction for years now and I just can't stop it.

It made me not to save a dime where I worked for about 5 years. I will always use the money to play online bet.

Now am self employed and getting jobs. It's affecting me now because once client gives me a percentage of the money to start with. I'll use the money to gamble and lose them.

Now am oweing over 1m because I couldn't meet up the deadline to deliver so they are asking for refunds but I can't because it's gone.

I really need help in stopping this gambling addiction.

PS: I have resolved to quit gambling so many times but I keep going back. Don't know what to do.

Mods please kindly move to FP thanks.

are you in lagos? If yes, I can help you.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 8:15am On Jan 27, 2022
SarutobiEky:
are you in lagos? If yes, I can help you.

Yes, am in Lagos
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 8:18am On Jan 27, 2022
Elianawalker:
Why not try opening a fixed account?

Save money in a fixed account.

Or save in friend's bank account... Or open a bank account with no ATM card to access your funds at will

Maybe you should try gambling with investments instead... Addiction are hard to quit because you are no longer in control of your will to spend.

Gambling mastered you and took advantage of your love for money nd now you will need to master gambling in other to understand how it controls you.
What do you think gambling has taken from you? You need to identify what gambling has taken from you and is using it to make you do what it wants. Why are you a slave to gambling?
You are it's slave because it promised you wealth, a wealth at the risk of a higher loss but it makes you believe every time that if you can just win for once then all your losses will be covered and you will be happy and would have learnt how to win.

You are in a trap that only your angry determination can save you from.

Thanks but I no longer care about what I've lost. I just want to stop.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2022
SavageResponse:
Gambling is for lazy people who are solely depending on element of luck to make it in life

I can tell you for free. Am not lazy. I run my own business. It has been stagnant because of gambling. I know the level I would have attained by now if I wasn't addicted to gambling
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 8:23am On Jan 27, 2022
fikayormi:
Gambling issue again?

How do I QUIT. I've made such decision so many times. But once money enters my hand. I'll go back to it.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 8:24am On Jan 27, 2022
Abba114:

Live betting, not virtual.

Football, basketball, ice hockey, tennis
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 8:25am On Jan 27, 2022
jenny005:
Take it to the LORD In prayer, when u pray believe. GOD Will surely help u come out of it.

I've been praying about it.
The urge just wouldn't go away.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Elianawalker(f): 9:01am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

Thanks but I no longer care about what I've lost. I just want to stop.
You should... Because What has been taken in your mind is gambling's leverage over you
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 9:10am On Jan 27, 2022
Elianawalker:
You should... Because has been taken in your mind is gambling's leverage over you

What do you mean ma?
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by fikayormi(m): 9:18am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

How do I QUIT. I've made such decision so many times. But once money enters my hand. I'll go back to it.

Stop moving with gamblers like u and block all their app , it a simple discipline, you must follow and if you can’t just embrace the miseries
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Elianawalker(f): 9:21am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

What do you mean ma?
Maybe you should read again what I wrote...

The reason you can't stop gambling is because there is something important in your life that gambling has taken hold of that makes you a slave to gambling.

Take for examples, slaves back then in America had their freedom taken away from them, you would have to work to earn that freedom... Or slaves had there freedom taken from them and now they have to work to earn food to eat...

What has gambling taken from you
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by SarutobiEky(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

Yes, am in Lagos
where exactly?
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 10:00am On Jan 27, 2022
Elianawalker:
Maybe you should read again what I wrote...

The reason you can't stop gambling is because there is something important in your life that gambling has taken hold of that makes you a slave to gambling.

Take for examples, slaves back then in America had their freedom taken away from them, you would have to work to earn that freedom... Or slaves had there freedom taken from them and now they have to work to earn food to eat...

What has gambling taken from you

Gambling has taken everything away from me. Prestige, respect, business relationships etc
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 10:01am On Jan 27, 2022
SarutobiEky:
where exactly?

Ajah
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Elianawalker(f): 10:45am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

Gambling has taken everything away from me. Prestige, respect, business relationships etc
Then you need somebody to Benin charge of your money, somebody you trust who can manage your finances.

Or you could use a fixed account for your funds to help you save your future.

If you can successfully keep your funds safe from you then if truly you regret gambling you need to develop angry determination to quit... You have to hate it and cut off from everything that makes you want to gambling, if it's sports betting then you need to disconnect from sports for a while, if it's lottery you need to block it off...
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2022
Elianawalker:
Then you need somebody to Benin charge of your money, somebody you trust who can manage your finances.

Or you could use a fixed account for your funds to help you save your future.

It's sport betting.
I've decided to quit once and for all.
Just hope God gives me another chance so I can pay all my debt and become free again.

If you can successfully keep your funds safe from you then if truly you regret gambling you need to develop angry determination to quit... You have to hate it and cut off from everything that makes you want to gambling, if it's sports betting then you need to disconnect from sports for a while, if it's lottery you need to block it off...
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by SarutobiEky(m): 11:03am On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

Ajah
Kai. Ajah far sha. Na Aj I dey. I think say you dey nearby make we see talk.

Here's what you should do; any time you receive your salary, give it to someone you trust, like your mom/siblings. The kind of person who would be strict on you.

You should start to live on budget. If your income is say, 50k.. Make dem hold like 70percent of the money. Then you both calculate what would suffice for a month, give you the sum.

You can only beat this if you start to live tie budgeted lifestyle bro.

Btw, you stay alone??
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by Anonymous2022: 11:20am On Jan 27, 2022
SarutobiEky:
Kai. Ajah far sha. Na Aj I dey. I think say you dey nearby make we see talk.

Here's what you should do; any time you receive your salary, give it to someone you trust, like your mom/siblings. The kind of person who would be strict on you.

You should start to live on budget. If your income is say, 50k.. Make dem hold like 70percent of the money. Then you both calculate what would suffice for a month, give you the sum.

You can only beat this if you start to live tie budgeted lifestyle bro.

Btw, you stay alone??

Yes I do stay alone.
But am not the salary type Any more.
Am self employed now.
Re: Help!! Help Me Quit Gambling Please by SarutobiEky(m): 12:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
Anonymous2022:

Yes I do stay alone.
But am not the salary type Any more.
Am self employed now.
being self employed makes it even better.

You would have achieved way more only if you had someone keeping your excesses in check.

If you can, maybe you should move out of the area, start afresh somewhere.

You'll be okay, bro... Just do what I say. Talk to mumsy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Plastic Chair Distributor / How To Become A Millionaire / FBI Declares Nigerian Wanted For Stealing $44m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.