Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. (22917 Views)

These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / See The Number Of People LASTMA Arrests Daily Over Traffic Offenses / OLX Donates Raincoats To LASTMA As A Token Of Their Appreciation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Hiq0: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by hmohammed(m): 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2022
nike4love:
grin Tinubu for president

Yes we will vote for him. Go and dive inside river Niger. LOL

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
BannarBannar:
. Let me tell you that this LASMA are evil and they try to play on people intelligence to generate money for themselves and if you no gree, they stylishly generate money for the government. Nobody is insane and will like taking one way but this people know some places that are one way and there is no raid sign to guide drive and extort people with that. I remember taking my vehicle just because my tyre was outside the line and they called it one way just to extort people. This Contree is another thing, we pray God will save us.
I try as much as possible not to think about the corruption in this country. It seems almost everyone is corrupt indirectly or directly.
Sorry for the bad experience you had with them.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by eze31362(m): 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
What I went through and the in the hands of those guys eeeh hmm, I spend not less than 80k, not to talk of little little ones for bribe chaii I have run leave Lagos
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by jgbemson1: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:

Jibowu the road opposite delta line n eagle line

That road is a trap for the drivers that does not know the road very well
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
symbianDON:
Na to de drive old Volkswagen beetle for Lagos o! Once.they impound am, na.to dash dem.buy another one grin Beetle no kuku pass 25k for Ibadan.
This your idea mad gan. E be like say na wetin I men go dey do.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Virgohills(m): 7:29pm On Jan 27, 2022
Well. I dont want to ever have interactions with LASTMA officials again

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by noobody(m): 9:02pm On Jan 27, 2022
Crazy things really happening!!
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by walemoney007(m): 9:25pm On Jan 27, 2022
Virgohills:
After receiving the judgment document

You will have to take this paper back to head quarters, they will then give you a crazy form yet again which you will have to take to the zone were you were arrested or booked. There the boss will sign and hand you a payment advise which you will take to any bank to make the payment to Lagos State Tax Deposit account.

Once this payment is made, a certificate of payment will be issued as confirmation. This receipt you will take it back to the headquarters at Oshodi Apapa express way. There they will confirm your payment and minute on the document for your car to be released to you. You will then have to made 3 copies each of all the documents in your possession as that moment.

Back to the zone
After the above is done you return you the zone will all the original documents from Oshodi then, they zone commander will confirm the documents and they calculate how long your car has been in their custody and you will be made to pay DEMORAGE N1000 per day. This payment will be made yet again into Lagos state Tax Deposit account.

Release of Vehicle
Once you have made the payment for the Demorage. Come back to the zone with your receipt. Your key will be handed over to you. But your tyres would have been deflated. You still have to give N1,000 to the vulcanizer to get your car tyres back up.
This is daylight robbery by the government m
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Wasky101: 9:39pm On Jan 27, 2022
Skyview01:

What saner climes are you talking about. People make legit mistakes and are sometimes confused. Do you extort them?.
My wife was driving in downtown Calgary about 5 years ago and the road signs were confusing .
She ended up on one way facing oncoming traffics.
The police came and she explained to them, they stoped traffic and excorted her out of the situation.

No fine and no tickets.

Lastma are legit thugs who extorts people.

200,000? WTF!

Remind me never to drive in Lagos.
Thank your stars she met the right one and she got away with it, 99% of other people dont get away with it. Stop coming here to start sounding funny like everyone just gets of like that. Some people get there licenses revoked for driving one way.
So you would have rather they gave the guy a pat on the back and send him home ?
Plus do well to also tell people here the fine for driving against traffic.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by ramdris(m): 11:19pm On Jan 27, 2022
wunmi590:

Alot of people have been calling me stingy man, that I don't want to buy another car for myself to use for run around in Lagos, despite the fact that I need it....

I had to drop my car for wify in abeokuta to be driving, while I jump on car here, I can't be giving up free money to these people...

Beside these days, nah office I dey always dey, I no want too much whala
I sabi u wella grin
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by TolaniLuv: 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2022
27Pushing30:

na this one dey weak me

Danfo drivers get lagos i swear

I mean they will just pass it like seh Na them get the road and nothing usually happen to them
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by chukzyfcbb: 11:53pm On Jan 27, 2022
I stopped on zebra crossing when I saw red light.

Immediate they swooped on me and I Couldn't move back coz cars had quickly moved behind me.
I wanted to do Jason Statham and jakpa but they were quick to put those hooks that can burst tyres from underneath. I was trapped

25k leave my aza that afternoon after searching tirelessly for the Building that accepts lastma payment.

Then came back to see deflated tyres that I pumped at 500naira per tyre.

Omo e pain me

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 28, 2022
Wasky101:

Thank your stars she met the right one and she got away with it, 99% of other people don't get away with it. Stop coming here to start sounding funny like everyone just gets of like that. Some people get there licenses revoked for driving one way.
So you would have rather they gave the guy a pat on the back and send him home ?
Plus do well to also tell people here the fine for driving against traffic.

One way driving is bad and should be condemned. People make mistakes and in saner climes, you don't set traps for them like LASTMA does, signs are conspicuously displayed to help every one. LASTMA, most of the time try to trick and extort from innocent motorist on streets not clearly labelled as one-way.
I lived and drove in Lagos for more than 15 years and i know this for a fact. I have driven one ways out of mistake and when i discovered, i corrected myself immediately. This happened in saner climes and no law in any sane country will allow thugs like LASTMA and NURTW to enforce traffic rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by sixtus3606(m): 4:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Waakanda:

Wow... the process is too cumbersome. I'll rather be careful out there when driving.

Asin ehhnnn...
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by sixtus3606(m): 4:31am On Jan 28, 2022
symbianDON:
Na to de drive old Volkswagen beetle for Lagos o! Once.they impound am, na.to dash dem.buy another one grin Beetle no kuku pass 25k for Ibadan.

Go and confirm the price on JiJi, you willeav your eyes wide open!
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Virgohills(m): 10:01am On Jan 28, 2022
Skyview01:

One way driving is bad and should be condemned. People make mistakes and in saner climes, you don't set traps for them like LASTMA does, signs are conspicuously displayed to help every one. LASTMA, most of the time try to trick and extort from innocent motorist on streets not clearly labelled as one-way.
I lived and drove in Lagos for more than 15 years and i know this for a fact. I have driven one ways out of mistake and when i discovered, i corrected myself immediately. This happened in saner climes and no law in any sane country will allow thugs like LASTMA and NURTW to enforce traffic rules.

When you take correction it should not be a crime. It is when you start making arguments that's when you have committed a crime. But Lagos no. They just looking for victims
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
200k for road traffic fine? Are you high? What is the offence?

Stop deceiving us jare, how can you pay 200k traffic fine on a car thats worth less than 200K.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Virgohills(m): 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
quentin06:

Stop deceiving us jare, how can you pay 200k traffic fine on a car thats worth less than 200K.
it's really sad how u just send offensive comments to people you dont even know. Why would I come here to waste my time making a post that is not real. Try and stop on the road ask a Lastma official how much will a one way offender whose car has been judged to be forfeited to the state will pay to retrieve it.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Virgohills:
it's really sad how u just send offensive comments to people you dont even know. Why would I come here to waste my time making a post that is not real. Try and stop on the road ask a Lastma official how much will a one way offender whose car has been judged to be forfeited to the state will pay to retrieve it.

200k for a road traffic offense is absurd! You people make these hoodlums appear superior, what is the fine for driving againt traffic?

Did you bother to find out? FRSC has a fine list, FIRS has a fine list, so where is lastma's fine list?

Anyway its your money, next time pay 1 million, I dont care.

But I can assure you that money went into private pockets. If you can afford that as a fine, you should have challenged it in the first place.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Millyyyyy: 6:36pm On May 17, 2022
Hi, good evening everyone.

quote author=quentin06 post=109765692]

200k for a road traffic offense is absurd! You people make these hoodlums appear superior, what is the fine for driving againt traffic?

Did you bother to find out? FRSC has a fine list, FIRS has a fine list, so where is lastma's fine list?

Anyway its your money, next time pay 1 million, I dont care.

But I can assure you that money went into private pockets. If you can afford that as a fine, you should have challenged it in the first place.[/quote]
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 9:19am On May 18, 2022
Millyyyyy:
Hi, good evening everyone.

I was stopped at Owode Onirin side for passing one way by LASAMA. They forcefully came into the car, starting removing and putting back my key. They now concluded that I should go to their office. The officer mistakenly locked both of us in the car, and was trying all he could to get out. I told him that he has to start the ignition but the key is very fragile so let me do it for him. All these while I’ve gone with one of their officers to turn. That one said I should pass one way but because of trafffic and I didn’t know the route well, I passed normal way. He called and said I was kidnapping him.

Back to the car and ignition, the man refused to give me the key and forcefully put the key in the ignition and broke it. The key fell to the floor and I struggled to take it, he struggled with me. Bruised my eye, and twisted my wrist.

They took the car to Ketu police station and started lying that I slapped him. They saw that the policeman was trying to see if they truly broke the key, they got angry that the policemen were questioning them and left for their own office at Ketu. Getting there, they liked all sorts and said I slapped him. That’s all they were saying.

I didn’t slap this man.

Anyways, they gave me a slip and were saying I should go to mobile court.

What should I do please? What’s going to happen at the court? Should I go with a lawyer?

Like I said before , its people like you that make these hoodlums powerful, you should have taken them to court, posted their atrocities on social media, no one can forcefully enter your car unless they break your glass, that should have been sufficient proof that they have hostile intentions.
200k is enough to hire a lawyer to take these hoodlums to court, in 2021 someone took the delta state vio to court over road worthiness certificate for private vehicles , the court in delta state ruled that road worthiness cannot be issued to private vehicles.

You can check that one out o verify. Years ago someone challenged frsc over the issuance of the new number plates for vehicles, these guys are looking for revenues, but they cant use illegal means to be extorting the masses .
Do you see lastma disturb commercial vehicles or articulated trucks? Only private vehicle owners, isnt that strange?
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Millyyyyy: 3:37pm On May 18, 2022
Liuhj
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 12:09am On May 19, 2022
walemoney007:
This is daylight robbery by the government m

Lagosians love lastmad, they love apc, , they r not complaining.... grin grin they should continue donating their hard cash to them.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 12:14am On May 19, 2022
quentin06:

Lol it's Either u don't have a car or u don't live in Lagos...but if you have a car and live in Lagos ..just try any one way around u in lag..
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 12:18am On May 19, 2022
chukzyfcbb:
I stopped on zebra crossing when I saw red light.

Immediate they swooped on me and I Couldn't move back coz cars had quickly moved behind me.
I wanted to do Jason Statham and jakpa but they were quick to put those hooks that can burst tyres from underneath. I was trapped

25k leave my aza that afternoon after searching tirelessly for the Building that accepts lastma payment.

Then came back to see deflated tyres that I pumped at 500naira per tyre.

Omo e pain me
. Nxt time, delay them, if light green, climb d iron Japa, , go buy new tyre...ino go reach that amount u give them
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 12:21am On May 19, 2022
Emanodimo:
This is the kind of topic that we need on the front page...

We the Citizen needs to expose them the LASTMA & Police on this issue of One Way that are secretly created for inflicting cost on the Citizen. This has become a norm in Lagos.
If you travel to neighboring states, one way are clearly indicated by sign-post.

The Concerned Citizens Group of Nigeria should be concerned on this matter.

My suggestion is that let the Citizen start to erect One-Way Sign post at those Junctions, Close roads, Streets and routes to expose those naughty LASTMA & Police One-Way Operators.

The Govt won't erect those signpost in order to frustrate vehicle owner under the guise of punishing offenders.

There are place you can park in front of your office. Imagine a client park, or an applicant comes with a car for an interview, only for his or her car to be tolled for packing. What explanation do u have for such instance.

Meanwhile, the same stupid-idiot tolled one of Dangote cars, the office has been locked for the past three month.. No operation since....

That is to tell you how thing goes in this country....

Them go comot d sign post for night..
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 12:29am On May 19, 2022
27Pushing30:

Dude i'm telling you facts if his car was really overheating he wouldn't need to pay.

sorry but people lie.

Most time's its also a question of manner of approach... a subordinates car broke down he pushed it to a bus stop , LASTMA dude comes and tells him he cant park in a B/Stop
He flares up and refuses to listen to LASTMA dude's suggestion they push it to the nearby street (off llekki epe)

LASTMA calls towing van , they tow it to their office around Sura.

Dude;s mechanic come's , fixes the car and the dude is forced to pay the standard Tow "extortion" lol i think N21,000 plus pay to inflate his car tyre which LASTMA deflated.

The guy might not be lying about the car overheating but might also not be telling the full truth.

Lol..pray make ur car no break down,touts will first bill u,if u do any how they will help u call lastma....trust me it pays u make touts push d car comot for road, than make those demonic lastma meet u .lol...if u drive uber u go under stand so many tins wrong for this Lagos road

If u drive only from home to office, office back home u won't understand d xtortions going on.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 1:06am On May 19, 2022
grin grin grin...u see that oba akran traffic light, Ikeja under bridge traffic light, that traffic light around Alleen round about,, nnpc traffic light

for Ejigbo.....any tin Ikeja ,govt house axis, that shop right axis.always concentrate oo..once that light Don turn yellow and ur car d pass already,those monsters will clamp u..oba akran police go use bike block u.....four point hotel around oniru got one way that people always enter unknowingly...na cash point for task force grin one Coded one way dey around mafoluku that will link airport road,na cash out point for task force ...if ur on int airport road and want join service lane to go climb the bridge and turn back as if ur going back to airport road or mafoluku, , police go just d other side d wait u grin..no park for road..u c iyana oworo busstop and Berger bustop na cash out point ... grin.....u c that cele bus stop for xprrss..be very careful..any time I pass there I must c where them catch person for seat belt ,or answering call or one way...
One way offence for Lagos na two hundred K or u forfeit ur car to Lagos state....

If ur car d catch fire,don't park on airport road ooo,or stop on zebra crossing while dropping off....airport get there own mad rules...

Lol I Don compile the list of traffic offences for this scam state...na small money u go pay...no go drive up han dan without knowing the tricks those basterds use..

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by stacyadams: 1:10am On May 19, 2022
[quote author=Millyyyyy post=112951501]My lawyer is also advising that I go to court. Infact their are even insisting that I go to court. I have my evidences and co, and would probably have to challenge them since it’s been referred to court.[/quot

Without going to court u can beat down the price to hundred K,just find another officer xplain give am with abeg and one pity story find am some thing....it's like they will give u lawyer there, but they work together..

Better still go court , pls come back and update us.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 7:24am On May 19, 2022
stacyadams:

Lol it's Either u don't have a car or u don't live in Lagos...but if you have a car and live in Lagos ..just try any one way around u in lag..

Abegi, 200k? Is the car you own even worth 200k? That flood damaged corolla you be been using to harras girls in Ikorodu.
Re: LASTMA: Share Your Lastma Experience Here. by Nobody: 7:30am On May 19, 2022
This is institutionalized extortion and needs to be challenged in court.
Will those criminals charge a senator or govt official who drives against traffic?
Will they charge a uniform man who drives one way?
The answer is no?
Those who give up their fundamental rights because of security always lose both.
If una like dey dash dem 200k everyday, one day they will ask for your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles / FRSC Impounds An Overloaded Bus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.