Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Dangerous Love (18+) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dangerous Love (18+) (23817 Views)

Too Hard To Love (18+) / Serpent love 18+ / A Strange Love (18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by FairCritic(m): 5:33am On Feb 25, 2022
Go on.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
We shook hands.

'I can see you were punctual,' he said and nodded. 'That's good. I hope you'll continue to take every other thing with equal zeal.'

He paused to regard me. 'Now, let's not waste time. Please, this way.'

I followed him upstairs. We went to the last room down the corridor. I.D brought out a key and gingerly opened the door. He stepped in and gestured that I should do the same. As soon as I entered the place, he bolted the door.

What I saw amazed me. The wall was painted red. Even the carpet on the floor was red. There were certain fetish objects hanging from the ceiling. There was something dreadful about the place.

It reminded me of some shrines in the homemade movies I had watched.

But this was certainly not a scene of a movie. It was s scene of stark reality. Involuntarily, I shuddered. The eerie atmosphere was unnerving.

So, the highly intelligent and intellectual man could engage in something like this; something so fetish and out of place!

'Here we are.' I.D smiled as he watched the surprise on my face. I only nodded dumbly.

I.D removed an idol from a corner of the room and placed it on a red stool. He held the right side of the idol and instructed me to hold the left side.

Then, the oath commenced. I vowed allegiance to my benefactor, in joy or in pain. I swore never to betray the man. I added that if I ever went against my words or engage in treachery, woe upon we should befall me. I shuddered as I repeated these hellish words.

The next morning, I was in the office to do some work. Though I had been assured that I would get the new job, I decided I would still diligently carry on with my present job. I went through news reports and did some editing.

Then, I updated the on-line version. By few minutes to ten, reporters and news correspondents were filing in the latest news stories. My cell telephone rang and I picked it almost immediately.

'Hello?'

'Hello.' It was a mature female voice. 'Is that Mr. Tony Ayoola?'

'Yes, please.'

'Please, hold on for your caller.'

There were seconds of pause. I wondered who the caller was.

'Hello?' The guttural voice was unmistakably a man's own. 'Is that Tony?'

'Yes, sir. Who am I speaking with, please?'

'I'm Chief John Kunkushi, the Honorable Minister of Public Communications of Federal Republic of Nigeria.'

Even across the line, I could perceive arrogance, conceit, and imperiousness in him. he must be one of those who behaved as if they were gods.

'Good morning, sir,' I greeted.

'Yeah. My good friend, your oga, must have told you about me, is that not so?'

'Yes, sir. He has, sir.'

'Very good. When are you starting the work?'

'As soon as you want me to, sir. I can start any time you want me to start.'

'Very good.' There was a long pause.

'You're to start tomorrow morning. By nine in the morning, be in my office here in Abuja.'

'Yes ... yes, sir.'

The Minister disconnected the line. I whistled to myself.

'Wow!' I stood up from my seat. Things were moving faster than I had envisaged. I would have to go to Mr. I.D 's office to intimate the boss of the latest development.

I picked up my phone and moved towards the glass door of the cubicle office. Before I got to it, Uche, the assistant editor who worked with me came inside.

Uche was all smiles. 'Congratulations, Tony.'

I was surprised.

'Yes, Mr. I.D called me to my office some minutes ago. He told me you'll soon be on your way to Abuja for a political appointment. You're to handover to me. Aren't you lucky?'

Dangerous Love: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/dangerous-love/46639

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Awesome05: 9:40am On Feb 27, 2022
Nice update.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by BigBasher: 5:08am On Mar 01, 2022
Cool
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Awesome05: 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ride on.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2022
The Minister disconnected the line. I whistled to myself.

'Wow!'

I stood up from my seat. Things were moving faster than I had envisaged. I would have to go to Mr. I.D 's office to intimate the boss of the latest development. I picked up my phone and moved towards the glass door of the cubicle office. Before I got to it, Uche, the assistant editor who worked with me came inside.

Uche was all smiles. 'Congratulations, Tife.'

I was surprised.

'Yes, Mr. I.D called me to my office some minutes ago. He told me you'll soon be on your way to Abuja for a political appointment. You're to handover to me. Aren't you lucky?'

'So, you know already?'

How news travelled fast! The surprise was still on my face.

'Yes, I know.'

Uche shook my hand. 'Congratulations, brother. I'm happy for you.'

'Thank you.' I felt elated. Who would not?

Things appeared to move very fast the rest of that day. After I was through with the handover, I went to I.D 's office to thank the man for all I had done. His secretary said he had gone out for an engagement. I then called his number.

'Good day, sir. I want to thank you, sir, for everything. I've already handed over to Uche. I want to go home now and prepare myself for the trip to Abuja. I really thank you, sir.'

I.D laughed over the line. 'Don't mention. You just don't forget our deal.'

'I'll never forget, sir. Thank you, sir.'

Next, I called my wife. 'Darling, I've got a call from the Minister I told you about. He says I'm to resume in Abuja tomorrow morning.' I felt I should demonstrate my surprise at the urgency. 'Can you imagine that? The Minister wants me to resume work tomorrow morning by nine. That means I'll have to take an evening flight to Abuja today.'

'Congratulations, darling.' Fransisca said, trying to sound excited. 'Where are you now?'

'I'm on my way home. I'll need to pack some things.'

'Of course. I'll take permission to close early so that we'll see before you depart,' she said.

'Yeah, that will be alright. See you then.'

The last flight of Freshline airline would leave Lagos for Abuja by six p.m. Freshline was a reliable local airline that I preferred to travel with. I decided to leave home by half past four o' clock. Fransisca wanted to drive me to the airport, but I insisted on taking a cab.

I had told my wife that barring any change, I would be coming home every weekend to be with my family. Of course, I would always call her on the phone unfailingly.

'Be careful over there,' Fransisca said as she tried to curtail her anxiety. She never liked politics or anything political and had never hidden her disdain. Before now, she hardly engaged in political discussions with me, despite the fact that I was a political journalist. Now that my appointment was 'purely political', as she put it, she had a lot of reservations.

I smiled to dispel her fear. 'You don't worry my dear. I'm not a politician and neither am I going to join politics. I'm only going there to be an assistant to the Minister.'

'All the same, be careful.'

I kissed her good bye and left the house. She only drove me to the main road where I would get a cab. The cab I got was a new one, one of those distributed by the Lagos government in partnership with private operators.

During the drive to the airport, the driver talked a lot. He praised the efforts of the state government in trying to make things better for the people, but slammed the central government for its lackadaisical attitude towards development affairs. I listened to
him without saying much. To the driver, my taciturnity might mean I was apolitical.

Thankfully, there was no serious traffic hold-up. Lagos had one of the worst traffic in the world, but today was different. I got to the local wing of the airport several minutes before my flight. I went to Freshline airline office to buy my one-way ticket to Abuja. I then went to the Departure lounge and awaited when the announcement of my flight would be made.

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by BigBasher: 6:20am On Mar 04, 2022
Interesting episode.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Saturn101: 7:45am On Mar 05, 2022
Cool
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by FairCritic(m): 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2022
Interesting.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Ultimas: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2022
Nice work
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Zamar: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2022
Next please.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
Thankfully, there was no serious traffic hold-up. Lagos had one of the worst traffic in the world, but today was different.

I got to the local wing of the airport several minutes before my flight. I went to Freshline airline office to buy my one-way ticket to Abuja. I then went to the Departure lounge and awaited when the announcement of my flight would be made.

About fifteen minutes to the take-off time, the announcement came that the prospective passengers on my flight should proceed to the tarmac. I joined the other passengers and proceeded to where the plane was waiting. The flight was smooth.

By six fifty p.m. I disembarked from the plane at its destination. I took one of the green cabs from the airport to Sashi district. There was a modest hotel there. I knew I still had to keep a low profile for now. I then called Fransisca to intimate her of my safe arrival in the city.

Tuesday morning, as early as seven o 'clock, I was already dressed for office.

My grey suit was well fitted and I looked ready for serious business. I looked and smelled good. Clutching my brief case, I left the hotel room to take a cab to the central district, where most of the ministries had their head offices.

The right wing of the expansive building complex of Block C was where the honorable Minister of Public Communications had his office. The secretary welcomed me with a smile as soon as I introduced myself.

'You're already on the appointment list,' she said and motioned me to a seat.

'Your appointment says nine o'clock. You're a bit early.'

I nodded as I checked my watch. It was just about twenty minutes past eight o' clock. I shrugged as I took my seat to await the Minister. The man did not come until ten o clock. By them, more than six people were waiting to see him.

It was obvious the man was not eager to attend to me. I was only called in after he had attended to four of his visitors. Finally, I breathed in sigh of relief when I was called inside the Minister's very expansive and comfortable office.

The man looked up from where he sat majestically. 'Mr. Tony Ayoola? It's a pleasure to meet you.' There was a warm handshake.

'The pleasure is mine, sir,' I said and bowed slightly. The man asked me to take a seat.

'Thank you, sir.' I sank into one of the luxurious, well-padded seats.

I stared straight into the eyes of the man and studied me. The Minister, Chief John Kunkushi, as he loved to be addressed, was a man of the world. He was a career politician who had long ago jettisoned his original profession which was architecture.

He was slightly taller than the average height but had a robust stature and rotund stomach. His dark, stern face portrayed that he was a man who would not take nonsense from anybody. However, I soon discovered that the man had a friendly disposition.

'How was your flight?' he asked.

I smiled slightly. ‘It was smooth, sir. I arrived yesterday evening.'

'Really?' He was genuinely looked surprised. 'That meant you lodged in a hotel, right?' He paused as I nodded. 'You should have called me that yesterday. There's a guest house you could have lodged in. It is that guess house you will stay pending the time you will get your official residence.'

The man went on to ask about my family and when I planned to bring them to Abuja. I answered that they were all fine and I preferred that they should remain in Lagos where they were for now.

Chief Kunkushi nodded. 'Now, to business. I believe that as a seasoned journalist you know the briefings of a special assistant on mass and social media. My good friend, Alfred, who recommended you, gave a brilliant picture of your achievement as news editor of your media.'

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by BigBasher: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nice update.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by ThrillPlus: 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Interesting
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Zamar: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
More...
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by BigBasher: 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
More...
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Awesome05: 8:47am On Mar 29, 2022
Go on.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by efeteb: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2022
Please I just want to verify if you are the same person as Tony Kan that use to write for one of these magazine thos days: Better lover, Hints and Heart

I remember the guy has very Big nose.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
efeteb:
Please I just want to verify if you are the same person as Tony Kan that use to write for one of these magazine thos days: Better lover, Hints and Heart

I remember the guy has very Big nose.
. No, not the same guy.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
Chief Kunkushi nodded. 'Now, to business. I believe that as a seasoned journalist you know the briefings of a special assistant on mass and social media. My good friend, Alfred, who recommended you, gave a brilliant picture of your achievement as news editor of your media.'

I sighed, nodded but uttered no word.

Kunkushi studied my countenance and continued. 'I will always need good and quality advice from you. In this age, the media play a lot of significant role. The social media are becoming major players too. You will need to understudy the dynamics of these media and use them maximally to my advantages.'

I nodded as I noted the self-emphasis of the man.

Kunkushi continued: 'But, I must say this. You're also going to be my political adviser. Your boss, er former boss, says you are adept in political analysis. You need to study the political terrain more.

'Specifically, you need to study the complexities of our political system and the antics of our political opponents. You will be giving me tactics on how to successfully overcome the challenges and be ahead of my political adversaries. Even within our party, there are intrigues, bickering and high-level power play. There are booby traps I must not fall inside. That's another reason why you're here. I do not need to tell you that the politics of Nigeria is dirty and dangerous. It's survival of the fittest. Therefore, you must be up and doing.'

I nodded again. 'I promise to do my best, sir. I can assure you of quality and proactive advice from time to time.

On mass and social media, I have always believed our vibrancy can be used for national cohesion and development. I believe resources can be used to attain set goals. On political matters, I'm not a politician, but in political analyses, permutations and foresight, I will be very handy, sir, and I'll give my best.'

Kunkushi nodded in agreement. 'Yes, I expect nothing less.' He used the intercom to summon the secretary.

'Tell the Permanent Secretary I want to see her.'

I was bemused. The man could have given the secretary that message on the intercom, couldn't he?

'Yes, sir.' The woman glided out of the office.

I was thoughtful on the job at hand. I knew I had a big task ahead, but I also believed I was equal to the task.

'You will get your letter of appointment signed of course by me from the Perm Sec.' Chief Kunkushi interrupted my thoughts.

'The letter will spell out details of your responsibilities and emoluments. The Perm Sec will also give you other necessary information.'

'Thank you, sir.'

There was a rap on the door. It was opened gently. A woman in her late forties stepped inside. She was wearing a black skirt suit that fitted her well. Somehow, her pretty face had seriousness behind it.

'Good morning, sir,' she greeted and looked at the Minister in smile.

'Good morning, Ms. Alexander. Please, sit down.'

'Thank you, sir.' The woman sat down gingerly as if the seat was made of egg shells.

'Yes, let me introduce Mr. Tony Ayoola. He is my new Special Assistant on mass and social media, coming in to replace Mallam Bashir.' The Minister turned to me. 'Mr. Ayoola, meet Ms. Sola Alexander, the Perm sec.'

I bowed slightly. 'Good morning, madam. It's a pleasure to meet you.'

The woman smiled at me and offered a handshake. 'You're welcome aboard Mr. Ayoola.'

About one hour later, I was sitting comfortably in the office allotted to me. It was on the same floor with the Minister's office. I had submitted my c.v and photocopies of all my credentials to the Perm sec for documentation.

I had also received my letter of appointment. Now in my office, I perused the letter. All the terms of office were what I expected. My eyes went to the salaries and allowances.

I whistled softly to myself. The figures were more than I thought. No wonder some people were ready to involve in diabolical things for the sake of acquiring and retaining political power.

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by BigBasher: 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
Nice update.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by ThrillPlus: 6:56am On Apr 08, 2022
Cool.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
About one hour later, I was sitting comfortably in the office allotted to me. It was on the same floor with the Minister's office. I had submitted my c.v and photocopies of all my credentials to the Perm sec for documentation.

I had also received my letter of appointment. Now in my office, I perused the letter. All the terms of office were what I expected. My eyes went to the salaries and allowances.

I whistled softly to myself. The figures were more than I thought. No wonder some people were ready to involve in diabolical things for the sake of acquiring and retaining political power.

There were many perks too. I was entitled to an official car and a driver, a cook and a domestic servant. In the office, I would be entitled to employ a personal secretary and a personal assistant to aid me in the job. Of course, already, there was a secretary and an office assistant attached to my office from the Ministry. Wow! I whistled again.

My cell phone rang. Zaynab was the one on the line.

'Hello, darling.'

'Hi. I've been trying to get across to you for some time.' Her voice was faint across the line.

'It could be the network,’ I replied. ‘How're you?'

'Fine. Are we meeting at the hotel today?'

I smiled to myself. Sorry, baby, you were behind time. 'I've got great news for you, Zainab. Right now, I'm in Abuja. I've got a new job.'

'What?' The surprise was total from her voice. 'You don't mean it!'

'I do. I'm in Abuja, now. I've just started the job of special assistant to the Minister of Public Communications.'

'And you didn't tell me anything about it before now?'

'Yes, I want to make it a surprise. You remember that on Saturday, when we were together, my boss called me. He later discussed the job with me. I got it through him. He and the Minister were buddies.'

I was sure Zainab was still full of surprise. 'Amazing. Accept my congratulations,' she said.

'Thank you.'

'So, when do we see again?'

'I'll be coming to Lagos by weekend. I'll let you know my itinerary.'

We chatted a bit more. Zaynab said she was missing me already. I assured her it would not be long when we would be seeing again. After the exchange of some words of endearment, the line was disconnected.

I sat back on my seat and switched on the laptop. Then I connected the internet dongle and opened the web pages of national dailies to read the major news. I brought out my jotter and noted some political news and developments. My work had started in earnest.

Half an hour later, I was still taking down some notes when Ms. Sola Alexander called my line.

'Hello, Madam.'

'Hello.' Her voice seemed to be filled with excitement. 'I'm sending someone over to you. The name is Tosin. The person will assist you on sundry matters.'

My brows went up. 'Sundry matters?'

'Yes, it will be explained better when the person gets there.'

'Okay, madam. Thank you.'

I whistled to myself as soon as the line was disengaged. What would sundry matters be? I was still wondering when there was a soft knock on my door and the secretary stepped in.

'The perm. sec. sent someone to see you, sir.'

I was surprised the person had already come. Everything was so fast. 'Yes, let him come in right away.'

'It's a female, sir. I will tell her to come in right now.'

The secretary stepped out of the office. Almost immediately, a lady came in. She couldn't be more than twenty-seven. She was almost six feet tall and had a pretty face. Her hair was stylishly fixed.

She looked more like a fashion enthusiast than a government worker.

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by ThrillPlus: 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2022
Nice work
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Saturn101: 7:57am On Apr 14, 2022
Ride on.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 10:47am On Apr 15, 2022
The secretary stepped out of the office. Almost immediately, a lady came in. She couldn't be more than twenty-seven.

She was almost six feet tall and had a pretty face. Her hair was stylishly fixed. She looked more like a fashion enthusiast than a government worker.

'Good day, sir. I'm Tosin. I was sent by Ms. Alexander.'

'Yes.' I looked at her all over again. 'She told me about you, but I didn't get your job schedule.’

She smiled warmly and didn't answer me immediately. Her well-fitting clothes looked very new and beautiful.

I smiled too. 'Sorry, I didn't offer you a seat.' I pointed at one. 'Sit down, please.'

The lady who just called herself Tosin thanked me and took the offer.

She cleared her throat. 'I'm your assistant on special duties. My schedule covers sundry matters such as taking you around to places, getting things you need, and such things.'

I nodded. Surely, this job was more interesting than I thought.

She was studying me too. 'For example, after close of work today, I will take you to the guest house where you'll be staying for now, and show you around.'

I stared at her briefly and nodded again.

'One more thing,' she said. Her countenance was cool and calm. 'I'm also to keep you company in case you're bored.'

I could not resist the chuckle that I made. 'Very interesting.'

I nodded again. 'Alright, Tosin. I actually need someone to show me around, here. I mean I hardly know Abuja.'

'That is one of my duties,' she assured and flashed another smile. Her dentition was well-defined and attractive. 'Now, to start with, will you like to eat anything? Will you like the meal to be delivered to you, or will you like to eat out?'

I suddenly remembered that I had not eaten anything since morning. I suppressed a yawn.

'That reminds me that I've actually not had any bite today. I'll rather eat in the office as I have some things to do now, and there's no point wasting time.'

'Very well, sir. What will you like to eat?'

'Get me some pizza and a bottle of water. I'll also like some apple juice.'

Tosin nodded and got to her feet. 'Okay, Mr. Ayoola. At your service.'

She smiled again and left the office in that sleek way she carried herself.

I whistled to myself as I watched her leave. I am also to keep you company, she had said. Wow, that would be interesting.

As soon as I finished my meal, I went back to work. Intermittently, I received phone calls. I was so engrossed in the work that time seemed to move fast. When it was ten minutes after 4 o'clock, Tosin stepped inside my office.

'Just a reminder, sir, that the closing time is 4 o'clock.'

I grinned. 'I know. I'll soon be through.'

I finally stopped working for the day about sixteen minutes after four. I packed some documents into a valise. The laptop would also to be taken home for more work.

The office assistant took my things downstairs. Tosin steered me to the official car I would be using. There was a driver waiting. A police officer would also serve as the orderly.

I and Tosin sat at the back seats. The sleek car moved out of the premises. I ordered that we should first go to the hotel where I had lodged. I took my things from the hotel room and checked out of the place.

The drive to my new abode was less than ten minutes. The guest house was a bungalow sited in the government reservation settlement. A uniformed security man opened the gate for us to drive in.

Tosin removed my bags from the car and took them inside. The police orderly and the driver were to come around the following morning by seven. I nodded at them as I dismissed then.

I briefly observed the exterior of the bungalow before I moved inside. It looked like a new building and everything inside looked new. There was a lounging room, a large sitting-room that was exquisitely furnished, and five bedrooms. In addition, there was a boys’ quarter that had three rooms.

Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Ultimas: 3:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
Nice update.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by ThrillPlus: 7:09am On Apr 20, 2022
Go on.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Zamar: 8:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
Go on.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by tonysunkan: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ultimas:
Nice update.
Thanks
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by ThrillPlus: 2:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Cool.
Re: Dangerous Love (18+) by Awesome05: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2022
Go on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Deadly Seduction (A Steamy Romance) / May, 2004 (a True Life Story) / The Coffin Of Errors (Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.