Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts (11024 Views)

Supplications To Attain Provision And Wealth, And Pay Off Debts / Prayer For Settling One's Debts / Prayer For Settling Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Lukgaf(m): 12:11am On Jan 28, 2022
As a Muslim, when you have a problem, you don't need to run to a priest or Alfa for a solution. For every problem you have, there are solutions in the Quran and Sunnah.

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, entered the mosque one day while a man from the Ansar named Abu Umamah was there. The Prophet said, “O Abu Umamah, what is the matter that I see you sitting in the mosque while it is not time for prayer?”
He said, “O Messenger of Allah, I am compelled by anxiety and debts.”

The Prophet said, “Shall I not teach you a word to say by which Allah Almighty will relive your worry and complete your debt?”

He said, “Of course, O Messenger of Allah.”

The Prophet said, “Say in the morning and evening:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْهَمِّ وَالْحَزَنِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْجُبْنِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ وَقَهْرِ الرِّجَالِ

O Allah, I seek refuge in you from worry and sadness. I seek refuge in you from weakness and laziness. I seek refuge in you from cowardice and miserliness. And I seek refuge in you from being overwhelmed by debt and the tyranny of men.”

Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 1555

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by AntiChristian: 5:56am On Jan 28, 2022
Aamin

This is a wonderful Sunnah!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by RightChannel: 7:42am On Jan 28, 2022
The below sunnah is not a wonderful sunnah because you are not happy with it grin

2 Likes

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:15am On Jan 28, 2022
Jazaak Allahu khayran Akhee Lukgaf. May Allah increase us in wealth and grant us Jannah without stress.

I can see a non-Muslim posting an Hadith in snide remarks on what he understands little about. Islam was strange till it gained victory! If it became strange again then there will be another victory! More Muslims would be persecuted, denied their rights, killed, etc just because they are Muslims.

That hadith is a reminder to us that Islam will be like it was at the beginning and then have the second victory!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by RightChannel: 8:55am On Jan 28, 2022
Lying for allah as well known for, where is the Victory there?

1 Like

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Truthisunique3: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2022
When Mohamed himself was depressed he didn't use sunnah, he ran under Khadija bed

Sahih al-Bukhari 4953
Narrated Aisha:

An Angel came to him and asked him to read. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "Then the Angel held me (forcibly) and pressed me so hard that I felt distressed.

Then he released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he held me again and pressed me for the second time till I felt distressed. He then released me and asked me to read, but again I replied. 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he held me for the third time and pressed me till I got distressed, and then he released me and said, 'Read, in the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists), has created man out of a clot, Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen, has taught man that which he knew not."

(96.1-5). Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) returned with that experience; and the muscles between his neck and shoulders were trembling till he came upon Khadija (his wife) and said, "Cover me!" They covered him, and when the state of fear was over, he said to Khadija, "O Khadija! What is wrong with me? I was afraid that something bad might happen to me.

3 Likes

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Truthisunique3: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2022
Rashduct4luv:
Jazaak Allahu khayran Akhee Lukgaf. May Allah increase us in wealth and grant us Jannah without stress.

I can see a non-Muslim posting an Hadith in snide remarks on what he understands little about. Islam was strange till it gained victory! If it became strange again then there will be another victory! More Muslims would be persecuted, denied their rights, killed, etc just because they are Muslims.

That hadith is a reminder to us that Islam will be like it was at the beginning and then have the second victory!
what victory?

It never had one to begin with, the mission of Islam had always been to submit all men to allah

Never for once had it succeeded in that

I can see how you are avoiding the receding part between two mosque which exposes Mohamed prophesy as the one on world domination

Need your explanation for Islam "crawling back into hole" in defeat
Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Lukgaf(m): 8:48am On Feb 04, 2022
Wa iyyakum baba. HayaakumLlahu

Rashduct4luv:

2 Likes

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
what victory?
Victory of Islam against idolatry, etc in Arabia.

It never had one to begin with, the mission of Islam had always been to submit all men to allah
This was the mission of all Prophets from Adam to Muhammad.

Never for once had it succeeded in that
Of cos they did

I can see how you are avoiding the receding part between two mosque which exposes Mohamed prophesy as the one on world domination
State your position clearly.

2 Likes

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by RightChannel: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
When Mohamed himself was depressed he didn't use sunnah, he ran under Khadija bed

Sahih al-Bukhari 4953
Narrated Aisha:

An Angel came to him and asked him to read. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) replied, "I do not know how to read." The Prophet (ﷺ) added, "Then the Angel held me (forcibly) and pressed me so hard that I felt distressed.

Then he released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he held me again and pressed me for the second time till I felt distressed. He then released me and asked me to read, but again I replied. 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he held me for the third time and pressed me till I got distressed, and then he released me and said, 'Read, in the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists), has created man out of a clot, Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen, has taught man that which he knew not."

(96.1-5). Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) returned with that experience; and the muscles between his neck and shoulders were trembling till he came upon Khadija (his wife) and said, "Cover me!" They covered him, and when the state of fear was over, he said to Khadija, "O Khadija! What is wrong with me? I was afraid that something bad might happen to me.

Very funny grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Truthisunique3: 8:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Rashduct4luv:
Victory of Islam against idolatry, etc in Arabia.

This was the mission of all Prophets from Adam to Muhammad.
You just contradicted yourself into two places

When we tell you Islam was for the arabs you claim it was for all mankind so what do you mean by victory in Arabia

Of cos they did[/quote
you and Mohamed have already established Islam failed in Mohamed time by receding only to the Arabs for a religion that should rule the world

State your position clearly.
Mohamed was a failure who claimed allah gave him Islam to the world but receded in Arabia

He has prophesized to your Islamic future to you blacks that don't know Islam that Islam is crawling back to medina/Mecca even below the Arabia peninsula
Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by watersideboys: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2022
Dua abi charm grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Bimpe29: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2022
Aameen Yaa Rabbi.

Jazakallahu Khairan.

Jumu'ah Mubarak!

1 Like

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by koolaid87: 9:35am On Feb 04, 2022
Or maybe the prophet (pbuh) could have also taught him financial freedom.

No debt, no anxiety
Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Harrykn: 9:50am On Feb 04, 2022
And Jesus wept....
Cover me

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by asaajuomo1(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2022
RightChannel:

Very funny grin

It was his first encounter with Angel Jubril (Gabriel) before He became a Prophet.

2 Likes

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Sailor007: 10:25am On Feb 04, 2022
Jazakahla ahiran

1 Like

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Techreliance(m): 10:53am On Feb 04, 2022
Lukgaf:
As a Muslim, when you have a problem, you don't need to run to a priest or Alfa for a solution. For every problem you have, there are solutions in the Quran and Sunnah.

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, entered the mosque one day while a man from the Ansar named Abu Umamah was there. The Prophet said, “O Abu Umamah, what is the matter that I see you sitting in the mosque while it is not time for prayer?”
He said, “O Messenger of Allah, I am compelled by anxiety and debts.”

The Prophet said, “Shall I not teach you a word to say by which Allah Almighty will relive your worry and complete your debt?”

He said, “Of course, O Messenger of Allah.”

The Prophet said, “Say in the morning and evening:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْهَمِّ وَالْحَزَنِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْجُبْنِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّيْنِ وَقَهْرِ الرِّجَالِ

O Allah, I seek refuge in you from worry and sadness. I seek refuge in you from weakness and laziness. I seek refuge in you from cowardice and miserliness. And I seek refuge in you from being overwhelmed by debt and the tyranny of men.”

Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 1555

JazzakaLlau kair, Akhi
Know Islam with its Sunnah and Know peace.

1 Like

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by Orissodiq: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:

Sahih al-Bukhari 4953
Narrated Aisha:

First question. Dear lovely brother, Do you want to learn(about that) or not?
Please Read with open heart and mind.
Prophet Muhammad wasn't the first prophet/ to be afraid when seeing an angel in their true form. Go to your bible DANIEL10 verse 5 downward.

"Daniel 10:5-12, 15-19 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
God created angels in the form that's beyond the imagination of man. Their true form is so more than all those comic or film narration you used to see.
According to the narration of prophet Muhammad, he said the true form of angel jubril (Gabriel) is as follows. His right wing is as wide to the west and left wing is as wide to the east. This gives him ability to fly fast and cover a lot of distances within a very short time. The angles have ability to change their form to smaller size, human form, etc. Now imagine someone seeing Angel in their true creational form.
That verse you quoted was talking when prophet Muhammad saw angel jubril in his angel's form for the first time, and also the first time of receiving message and prophethood. After then, Angel jubril (Gabriel) used to come to him in small size pleasant to human interpretation or human form when he is about to deliver a message to him.
Angel jubril (Gabriel) only show him his true for twice if can still remember. So seeing an angel is not a child play, less talk of someone seeing it for the first time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dua'a For Anxiety, Depression And Settling Debts by RightChannel: 6:17am On Feb 05, 2022
asaajuomo1:

It was his first encounter with Angel Jubril (Gabriel) before He became a Prophet.

When he was possessed by demons

(1) (Reply)

~ 10 Facts About Jummah / Etiquette Of Travelling For Women / Beware Of Bid’ah: There Is Nothing Special In This Jumu’ah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.