Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit (17941 Views)

Make Money By Selling Your Comedy Clips (see Details) / Video Thread!!! Drop Links To Your Comedy Videos Here / Do You Want Your Comedy Video To Go Viral? See This One I Did For Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Right001: 7:59am On Jan 28, 2022
I usually frown at jokes or skit of comedians that do videos of soldiers been painted as a god and there by molesting civilians and people just laugh and say it just a joke. My brother and sister it may sound as a joke but it goes a long way because most military men watch this videos and feel like if I oppress the civilian then nobody can help then and also the civilian watching it will also think there are helpless before a military unknowning to him because that video just send an involuntary message to his subconscious. It is high time our comedian start doing jokes of military men been arrest by military police for abusing human right or military people been taken to court for molesting civilians. It is not about carrying of banner and start protesting about human rights but comedian videos can go a long way by enlighten the people without hurting or destroying the peace of the country. Thank you.

314 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Leun: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
Sad part is their content are rid of empathy, morals, I once saw a video that started with a man with is hands tied and on the floor, he was asked why did he kill the her but he was saying it was the devil's handwork, then the camera pan to the object only to see a chicked slaughter.

This video was created in the same season a girl was killed in Ekiti by her neighbour, with alot of similar news around Nigeria but a skit maker decided to use something as such to do a skit, where is your empathy I asked when I saw that video.

Another question that came to me was, if a child was taken away from such of these skit makers family would they have the gut to create such kind of content?

They go with everything and this has to be corrected.

I once saw a skit about bullying, this was during the bully saga, it was informative and progressive.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by NapoleonHill: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
It's so disgusting, really. It's a psychological abuse of the people who will feel helpless in the hands of these animals in uniform and your topic has expressed my thought clearly.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Belial06: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
Brilliantly written and stated . Nigerian youth don't think. They don't understand the power of the media..

They don't know change can be driven via media.. anyways alot of these so called celebs in Nigeria are unenlightened dropouts hence.the poor content
You show police brutality in your Instagram skit for laughs you don't know you are indirectly endorsing same, you show police illegally asking a youth to unlock their phone you are indirectly normalizing and endorsing same tomorrow you wonder how police asking youths to unlock their phone became normal in Nigeria ? Something that happens no where else in the world.

You show married men hungering after single girls in your Instagram skit for laughs tomorrow you wonder why it's everywhere.

Media and entertainment around the world are used to drive change but in Nigeria it's as if the creative ones are just stupid and don't understand the power of media.

Abroad everytime I turn on the internet or tv I see the gay supporters pushing their marstive because they understand the power of media but in Nigeria all you see is ritual killing for money in all their movies and you wonder why all over the southwest youths are mining skulls as we say here . The media is power and can become your reality.. what you watch / consume regularly becomes who you are .

It's unfortunate there are no real film schools or media schools in Nigeria so these youths don't know the power they possess. Without protests or killings the youths who died at the Lekki massacre could have achieved what they wanted just using Instagram skits to pass the right message.

But instead you all rather show.big booties and breasts than pass a message. This is why the western world abandoned both igboho and KanU struggles because the Nigerian youth are not ready, you have all it takes to drive change but yet you waste it. a proper protest can be bloodless an effective via media but you all waste it.

Go through all the nairaland blogg posts here then you understand why no country will ever bother helping Nigeria youth

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Giftedprof: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
That's not what's causing the abuse oga!
Even if you stop those comedies, those that will abuse will still go on with their inhuman acts.
It's all in the mind

2 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by shadrach77: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
This is so true. Even "The Cute Abiola" who is a military man in real life also supports it.

Another annoying thing they do is to encourage physical abuse towards men. Most times you'll see a lady landing dirty slaps on a man in their skit. As far as they are concerned it's acceptable since it's the woman who is doing the beating.

Very annoying cry

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Emmah123: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
I am of same opinion as you on this. Skits that portray the military as some demigods with the right to molest civilians as it pleases them should be discouraged. We aren't doing ourselves any good with such skits

30 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by slawormiir: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr

You are rice...sorry I mean you are right
But our army and soldiers them need proper orientation

And the worse part of it is that our comedians don't have that creative ideas to come up with jokes on how army officers were dealt with whenever they abuse civilians

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by nonny1212: 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
That's the bitter truth, Nigerians have given them that upper hand through those skits and stand up comedy, making them feel they can oppress and intimidate any civilian and get away with it. Expecially Akpororo that always crack boring jokes on army slaps.

Anyways, an average Nigerian no sabi him right. If you know your right you won't be intimidated by anyone

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Tee92(m): 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:
I usually frown at jokes or skit of comedians that do videos of soldiers been painted as a god and there by molesting civilians and people just laugh and say it just a joke. My brother and sister it may sound as a joke but it goes a long way because most military men watch this videos and feel like if I oppress the civilian then nobody can help then and also the civilian watching it will also think there are helpless before a military unknowning to him because that video just send an involuntary message to his subconscious. It is high time our comedian start doing jokes of military men been arrest by military police for abusing human right or military people been taken to court for molesting civilians. It is not about carrying of banner and start protesting about human rights but comedian videos can go a long way by enlighten the people without hurting or destroying the peace of the country. Thank you.
Words.

3 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by dogmart(m): 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
Hmmm.
As much as I love your write up, I truly don't think you are getting it completely right.

Comedians makes skits out of reality of present happenings. As much as we hate it You and I know that seeing a military man being arrested by a military police in broad day light is an almost impossible happening in Nigeria. Or where have u seen one happening?
So how do u expect them to depict what isn't happening in their skits?

In addition to this, comedies are for lightening up moods, to make viewers laugh. Burdening it with that much responsibility of correcting an already accepted norm is an heliceun task thàt I don't see sitting well. Why not start with the movies first.

Lastly, I truly don't think any comedian wants to lead this "battle". Am sure you know it is going to be one. The battle for human rights against the Nigeria police in the name of SARS was brutely estinguished despite the large protest and uproar. Who then will face the Nigerian Military?
I don't need to say more.

7 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by naijadrivablog: 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
Well said.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Ekpekus(m): 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
Right001:
That still won't stop the military brutality on civilians.
A reorientation is needed for our service men. They are suppose to serve but in 9ja they are lords of the country

1 Like

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
It's so annoying. They think it's fun and it massages the ego of the stupid majority in the military. How do we stop it? Social media.

Meeting those celebrities on the cyberspace will go a long way but unfortunately Nigerians will attack you if you go on their page to do that.

We have a psychotic sense of humour. The foolish majority of the army think they are genetically and divinely superior when obviously they are just primitive minds with guns.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by tesppidd: 8:03am On Jan 28, 2022
Frankly this is an eye opener.

I always enjoyed such military jokes and never looked at it from this angle.

100 percent supported...

5 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Zrhanu98: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
Go tell Nollywood people
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Edubos: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
Warning
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by MorataFC: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
How many military men have been arrested by military police in your presence Mr Op?
Comedians always use what is happening to pass message to appropriate authority in a comic way. So u want our comedians to present a lies to us, u mean comics videos like where police reject a bribe of $1m, how Buhari has turned Nigeria to Dubai, videos like soldiers become boi-boi to citizens grin
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by ogbiwa: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
I concur

1 Like

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by millomaniac: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
On point.

Ironically, regular people also encourage military and police harassment by the kind of comments they make about them as if these entities are above the law and everyone else.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Terona5: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
This advice is meaningless
They will still do it
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Archtoch: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
Good thinking OP
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by dodoatirice: 8:04am On Jan 28, 2022
Pocontua
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by babyfaceafrica: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
Super story.. Anything to get views
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Michelle70(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
Our entertainment industry needs to be questioned.

Movie is teaching people how to kidnap.
Comedy is playing politics
Music is promoting indecency

Religion has joined and now teaching people advanced gambling, "if u stake ur first fruit, u will cash out financial upliftment"

4 Likes

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Kingoslo(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
Comedy or no Comedy bros we dey #Fear Dem... No fear soldier dat concern u... Fear dem and avoid the unthinkable

1 Like

Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by iCauseTrouble: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
shocked
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Onepeople: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
My opinion all along.
Re: Comedians Please Stop Supporting Military Abuse With Your Comedy Skit by Mengchi: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2022
They are not supporting it just a joke.
If you want to study and work in the UK check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Lives When You Feed It But Dies When You Give It Something To Drink? / List Of Things I Want For Christmas / Funny Divorce Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.