Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio (29836 Views)

Obi Set Igbo Political Trajectory 24 Years Back – Nnamani Says After Losing / Peter Obi Set To Commission Sokoto Labour Party Secretariat Donated By Obident / Peter Obi Set To Tour Nigerian Universities (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by NGpatriot: 12:53am On Jan 29, 2022
Alhaji Peter "Pandora" Obi aka Him Tu Lie..........

News flash, Igbos don't and can not win any election in Nigeria because his fellow Igbos won't support or vote for him, they'll vote for Atiku 1 million times before voting for oga Pandora aka Him Tu Lie.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by pquaver(m): 1:57am On Jan 29, 2022
InoGetJoy:

This is more reason why Nigeria is and can never progress. You guys will keep suffering until you get sense, and it might never happen.
That's why I pray this shithole divides so any region that wants to vote based on tribe and religion will do that while any region that chooses to vote based on competence will

Tell that to yourself that wanted GEJ to continue even though he had failed.. Stop disgracing ndigbo with una rubbish attitude. Always try to act like u know more than others. When it does go ur way u keep antagonising others for their choices just because it doesn't tally with yours. The day our people will be free is the day u learn to respect other people's opinion and know that Urs is not supreme. Know this and know peace. Udo diri gi
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by oyatz(m): 7:06am On Jan 29, 2022
proclinician:

Yes, it is not the job of leadership to put in place effective systems that will steer the country on the path to prosperity. It is the job of the holy spirit.

Some of u ppl eeh de make me feel like say the worst is yet to come for Africa. Tufiakwa

How long do u think it took uae to become what it is today?

And you think the president is the only leadership in Nigeria?

And by the way, who are our leaders and where do they emerge from?

Are our leaders Ghanians, Egyptians, Brazilians or Americans? The answer is a capital NO.

Our leaders emerge from the populace.

No significant changes can occur in any society unless a critical mass of that society support it.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by InoGetJoy: 7:30am On Jan 29, 2022
pquaver:

Tell that to yourself that wanted GEJ to continue even though he had failed.. Stop disgracing ndigbo with una rubbish attitude. Always try to act like u know more than others. When it does go ur way u keep antagonising others for their choices just because it doesn't tally with yours. The day our people will be free is the day u learn to respect other people's opinion and know that Urs is not supreme. Know this and know peace. Udo diri gi
Why are you saying I wanted GEJ to continue? Is there anything in my post that points in that direction? Where did that one come from?
I'm sure you know that other people's bad choices affect other people; Buhari is an example. I have every right to tell people not to make bad choices, I know what the outcome of those bad choices is.
If the situation is such that people's bad choices have no effect on me, I'll let them make their choice; if someone wants to vote a useless individual as their governor I won't bother myself
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by hollywater: 7:32am On Jan 29, 2022
The perfect Man for the job.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by proclinician: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2022
oyatz:

And you think the president is the only leadership in Nigeria?

And by the way, who are our leaders and where do they emerge from?

Are our leaders Ghanians, Egyptians, Brazilians or Americans? The answer is a capital NO.

Our leaders emerge from the populace.

No significant changes can occur in any society unless a critical mass of that society support it.

the governor of abia stste is asking them if flyover concerns them, i dont know why these things are hard for africans. For instance, IPPIS is the idea of a particular govt regime. DO you know what IPPIS does? Put in people with credibility and love for the country, people that are not greedy and selfish and wicked, people that believe there is really no point in owning two wrist watches, put them in position and u will see more of effective systems that will yield results. It is not the work of the holy spirit. Somebody like Abacha said Nigeria has a lot of money they do not know what to do with. Reason is because he has no foresight, no industrial acumen and no revolutionary ideas. Ever since, we keep on recycling abachas. i am sure if he was alive today u will see his posters everywhere. It is a shame.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by olas24u(f): 1:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
obidr:

I agree with you that we do not have the same brains. Seeing you claim natural sciences shows that you are way down the professional ladder. It is no surprise that your type are allergic to individuals who are highly educated and smart.
Kissinger Ikeokwu wrote:

one thing about ndi Igbo is we are educated, smart in business, but when it comes to politics, we are not smart, we have no strategy. Our brain is so blocked to even see something that is clear before our own eyes is our collective shame. We talk recklessly but in politics, an illiterate Fulani with just a radio is better than us.

That an adult does not know the difference between a party giving you a ticket and a party giving you a winning ticket is a shame.

Let me tell you Ojkwu once had APGA ticket for President yet he failed in Anambra. Moghalu ran last election as President but couldn't even win his ward.you dont just need a ticket. You need a ticket with the consensus of at least 4 of the 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria. Atiku ran in 2019 and lost Billions of Naira but didn't go bankrupt. Peter Obi cannot invest tge kind of money Atiku sank in a party in opposition. He may never recover from the bankruptcy. No southeast person can fund an election under an opposition party today.
Dave Umahi was smart that's why he is contesting to get the ruling party's ticket. Thats the only chance for Ndi Igbo to be resident in 2023.

The only way the southeast can be President in 2023 is by the getting the support of the ruling party and the incumbent President. Anything outside that is bonkom. No Igbo man can fund a Presidential campaign in 2023 through opposition.

Now iwutu nwa afor Igbo please be smart. The southsouth and southwest have refused to endorse your agitation. Rather they want to even upstage you. So activate sense. Activate Plan B. If southsouth or southwest grab Presidency in 2023 you are in for the next 16 years and that is 2038. So the simple sense is if given the unlikely choice to choose between 16 years in 2038 and 8 years for 2031 which do you choose?

Remember politics is local. Remember politics is a game of interest. Stop reasoning like other people's mugu. Play the game. Play your game. Stop complaining. Enter the ring and fight. The two choices are before you. Stop complaining and crying. Do politics.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Poleski: 3:49am On Jan 30, 2022
Nobody is more qualified to lead Nigeria since the inception of independence than Peter Obi!
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Poleski: 4:12am On Jan 30, 2022
Quitam:
He has a good profile. However, where he comes from will be his major problem.
This is not a racist comment but the reality. In recent years, many Igbos are passively supporting the violent activities of the ESN which has pitted them against the FG and other regions of the country. Scores of security personnel were murdered but only few Igbo statesmen had the chutzpah to condemn such acts(Peter Obi included)
From a political perspective, you can't win an election with votes from zone, ditto your region. You gotta form alliances with other regions to clinch the ticket. Buhari tried that 3 times, he didn't succeed until he struck an alliance with SW
My words to the SEners, stop the hate mongering against other regions ( because you benefit from them economically, and contribute to them too). If not, the presidential ping pong will always exclude you. The SS, who is the nation's cash cow, don't harbor much hatred against other zones like you guys do despite the fact that the Igbos are 100 times more dispersed in the nooks and crannies of Nigeria.

No doubt, there are areas IPOB could be faulted, but the main blame should be squarely on FG's incompetence for turning peaceful protesters into rebels!

No sane group would watch while its people are slaughtered like Xmas fowls by government and it does nothing.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by muheeb01(m): 5:41am On Jan 30, 2022
Omoh see someone intimidating profile,I'll gladly vote for this man without thinking twice,I think he's the best igbo candidate can have my vote
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by okpanachil: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
olas24u:

Kissinger Ikeokwu wrote:

one thing about ndi Igbo is we are educated, smart in business, but when it comes to politics, we are not smart, we have no strategy. Our brain is so blocked to even see something that is clear before our own eyes is our collective shame. We talk recklessly but in politics, an illiterate Fulani with just a radio is better than us.

That an adult does not know the difference between a party giving you a ticket and a party giving you a winning ticket is a shame.

Let me tell you Ojkwu once had APGA ticket for President yet he failed in Anambra. Moghalu ran last election as President but couldn't even win his ward.you dont just need a ticket. You need a ticket with the consensus of at least 4 of the 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria. Atiku ran in 2019 and lost Billions of Naira but didn't go bankrupt. Peter Obi cannot invest tge kind of money Atiku sank in a party in opposition. He may never recover from the bankruptcy. No southeast person can fund an election under an opposition party today.
Dave Umahi was smart that's why he is contesting to get the ruling party's ticket. Thats the only chance for Ndi Igbo to be resident in 2023.

The only way the southeast can be President in 2023 is by the getting the support of the ruling party and the incumbent President. Anything outside that is bonkom. No Igbo man can fund a Presidential campaign in 2023 through opposition.

Now iwutu nwa afor Igbo please be smart. The southsouth and southwest have refused to endorse your agitation. Rather they want to even upstage you. So activate sense. Activate Plan B. If southsouth or southwest grab Presidency in 2023 you are in for the next 16 years and that is 2038. So the simple sense is if given the unlikely choice to choose between 16 years in 2038 and 8 years for 2031 which do you choose?

Remember politics is local. Remember politics is a game of interest. Stop reasoning like other people's mugu. Play the game. Play your game. Stop complaining. Enter the ring and fight. The two choices are before you. Stop complaining and crying. Do politics.

Your submission makes a lot of sense but you are leaving one thing out i.e the clamour for Obi presidency is not a south east project,it is a Nigerian project by the ordinary Nigerian people.

People have seen the negative impact a non-focused ,visionless and nepotistic president has on their economic fortunes a la Buharis Government and have decided to rally round Peter. The only person that comes close to Peter in my opinion in terms of pedigree is Osinbanjo unfortunately he is besmirched by the atrocities of this regime.

Let Peter open a Go fund me account today in respect of his presidential ambition and see the kind of support he will get from all corners of this country.

The mistake he or his team will make is to make his presidential bid about South east, if he does people will abandon the project. This is because the average Nigerian does not trust the igbo man, the activities of IPOB has further escalated those concerns.

He does not have to disassociate himself from Igbo, he is an ibo man by origin (and don't get me wrong there is nothing negative the ibo man has done that other tribes have not done maybe even more)rather he should sell his credibility ,Nigerians will buy in.

Note I am not igbo but i love the man (no homo).I didnt know I would live to see a Nigerian politician with his kind of attributes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters / Kiki Osinbajo Reveals What Happened After She Met A Troll / Seun Kuti Suffers PTSD From Family's Experience With Police - Reno (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.