Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio (29834 Views)

Obi Set Igbo Political Trajectory 24 Years Back – Nnamani Says After Losing / Peter Obi Set To Commission Sokoto Labour Party Secretariat Donated By Obident / Peter Obi Set To Tour Nigerian Universities (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Majikman(m): 4:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
Bashir75:

WHO ARE THE “MORE NIGERIANS” JUST BE HONEST AND SAY MORE IPOBIANS / BIAFRANS BECAUSE NO IGBO WILL BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA IN 2023 OR 10 YEARS AFTER. MARK MY WORD.
You and your “Word” should getout !
Fool

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
Osilama1:
a president need four regions to win... Buhari didn't strike any alliance with south west per say... He was seen as a viable option by south west and North Central who didn't vote for him in 2011... It's only north east and west buhari got majority of his votes from and won just Niger State in North Central then... Again those shouting Obi is the most qualified are very naive is obi More intelligent or has a better CV than osinbajo, tinubu, tambuwai,Atiku others... This penchant by some Igbos to assume they are the best is neuseatin... Obi won't even get PDP ticket to start with...
God bless u
They think they are marketing him not knowing they are demarketing him.
U want to campaign for Peter obi but the first thing u did is to insult all other aspirants and their tribe then u present Peter obi as an angelic man who has never stolen 1 naira.

We are waiting for them

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
Newton85:
So, you Eboes hyping the tribalsitic bigot Obi is not because of belonging to the same tribe but because of "competence"? So, your fellow Eboe man Obi is the only "competent" person in Nigeria? Lol, smh.
they are creating more enemies for Peter obi
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
dapolaw:
Impressive CV, but you see your people from the Southeast... They have killed your ambition before it even started.

So are they expecting the cows(Fulanis) or the slaves (Yorubas) to vote for their son? Kolewerk...If only their 5% votes is enough to make you the president it would have been better
just look at d way they are marketing him by insulting every tribe n her aspirants
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 4:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
Baawahala:
It takes tribalism to rule Nigeria...
You are qualified sir,but is the majority still the senseless? or has Buhari turned the majority sensible?
u are calling us senseless n u want us to vote your candidate to show u we have sense Abi?

Just imagine marketing
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by juman(m): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
What of we that are not catholic?
A fanatical catholic as president?
He is a religious bigot.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by DEGABA(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Such a man will restore this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by juman(m): 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
I purposely came on the thread to enjoy reading comments.

Good luck to all candidates.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Ugonna62: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
Okwute Ndigbo,No be Mouth, you'r emminently qualified to lead this country and make it better,but unfortunatly tribalism and religion will not allow Nigerians to embrace this oppurtunity to redirect Nigeria on the part of peace,unity and progress. Sometimes i am constrain to say that Nigeria is design to fail,but with the likes of obi and co.i see light at the end of the turnel,.Goodluck HE .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by kizyalex10(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
SATANICALLY:

https://twitter.com/RealOlaudah/status/1486962200526958597?s=19
and yet nigerians left this man to vote for someone looking for his school certificate.and yet want to vote again a bullion van thief with no open source of income yet he is richer than a full state and also a man with different age.God help all the tribal and religious, bigots who uses sentiments to vote in an incapable president who keep dragging Nigeria backwards.the good thing about this is that both the tribal bigots and religious fanatics are all experiencing the same hardship.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by olas24u(f): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
obidr:

I agree with you that we do not have the same brains. Seeing you claim natural sciences shows that you are way down the professional ladder. It is no surprise that your type are allergic to individuals who are highly educated and smart.

Lol!funny that is why you can not engage in critical thinking.you are part and particle of the issues and when things dont go your way again you start to shout biafra again.you dont network,you dont build bridges.you hate every major tribe and have names for them.You have unfriendly niegbours they dont want you ,you dont want restructuring ,instead of supporting people talking about restructuring you eant to continue in the same direction .you like so much the unitary system .steal from others and share system that did not favour you after ironsi and his lawyer created a system of greed.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by nakaman: 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
obi should be on international level not cheap powers like nigerian president
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by olas24u(f): 5:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
obidr:

I agree with you that we do not have the same brains. Seeing you claim natural sciences shows that you are way down the professional ladder. It is no surprise that your type are allergic to individuals who are highly educated and smart.

Peter obi is a good man and i dont even know how you got here talking about cv .You need only school leaving certificate /waec to contest .contest and stop this your afonja nonsense.Nobody need presidency for anything once the country to structured properly.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by olas24u(f): 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
obidr:

I will vote any igbo leader that will reorganize the whole system,restructure the system.is about what you will do,not contesting and then after 4 years you start shouting biafra again.The fulanis always use you guys from independence till date.Azikwe refused insection of referendum because he had selfish plans.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by kizyalex10(m): 5:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

But he couldn't even win in his state Anambra yet HE Atiku controls his own Adamawa state. It's unfair to compare HE Obi to the warhorse political veteran ,Turakin Adamawa wink
this is what we are fighting against,carrier politicians who sieze the state and run it like their family business, which atifeku and Tinubu have done,peter obi was even forced to run the Anambra election when he did by the people,he doesnt need the government money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Cherez: 5:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Odin13:
Obi is a presidential material..

Not that of the druggie .. that has paid and prepare his “ ambition “ .. now came out with Chicago paid idiot to position things for him

Tinubu can only fool Yoruba people with his qualifications and not Nigerians ..

We all saw him struggling with Gani . And same school rejecting him .. only for one idiot to collect 1 million dollar bribe.. and start singing.

He will soon be exposed ..

Obi.. I wish you the very best.. but power returns North

Do you have to do this?
BAT has every right to contest and you don’t have to rubbish another to succeed
Yes I like Peter Obi as he’s my state Gov then but you don’t have to do that with BAT as some people also see him as good

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Quitam: 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
Salvador1:
where were u when they security personnel were killing innocent civilians in their thousands in 2016,2017 and 2018 in east.
Where were you?
Where were you?
Brother where were you?
Rip to them
You supported them, now the table is against them you are here to yawn rubbish.
This is one of the numerous reasons they display such hate when you gives it to them first.
Oga, cite your evidences of the "thousands" killed. Let's start from there

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Collins9156(m): 5:33pm On Jan 28, 2022
See cvooooo
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Whitebeer2k: 5:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Na sowore I day see
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Salvador1: 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
Quitam:

Oga, cite your evidences of the "thousands" killed. Let's start from there
6. 480 Deaths & 500 Injuries in All, Not “250”: That the UN Chief had in her statement said the following: “Between 2015 and 2016, it is alleged that law enforcement officials killed at least 100 ipob members in different events in Aba (Abia State) and, Awka and Onitsha (Anambra State). On 29 and 30 May 2016, during a demonstration, the Nigerian military opened fire on ipob members and bystanders in Onitsha. At least 60 persons were killed and over 70 injured, mainly shot in the back. The exact number of deaths remains unknown. Between 12 and 14 September 2017, ipob followers gathered at the family home of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, in Afara-Ukwu (Abia State) to take part in a peaceful vigil. The military operation (as part of Python Dance II) carried out in the afternoon of 14 September 2017 is alleged to have resulted in the killing of 150 persons”.

7. That contrarily, by the account of AI Report, issued on 24th Nov 2016, ‘150 ipob Members were killed and others injured’. The UN Chief said “between 2015 and 2016, not less than 100 killed”. It must be noted that the Amnesty International Report covered only 9th Feb 2016 killings in Aba and 30th May 2016 massacre in Onitsha and nkpor and did not include 2015 killings (i.e. 2nd and 17th Dec Onitsha killings), Asaba spillover killings of 30th May 2016, the Pro Donald Trump Rally killings in Port Harcourt on 20th Jan 2017 and the Army Python Dance 11 massacre in Abia State on 12th, 13th and 14th Sept 2017.

8. That broadly, by the account of Intersociety research-investigations, covering 30th August 2015 (Onitsha, Awka, Port Harcourt, Yanagoa, Uyo and Asaba killings), 2nd and 17th Dec 2015 (Onitsha killings), 18th and 29th Jan, and 9th Feb 2016 (Aba killings) and 29th and 30th May 2016 (Onitsha, nkpor, Ogidi and Asaba massacre); a total of not less than 250 (including 25 added dark figures of crimes) ipob activists, bystanders and others were killed and 300 maimed.

9. That also between 20th Jan (pro Donald Trump rally killings) and 12th-14th Sept 2017 (Army Python Dance massacre in Abia State), not less than 200 (excluding 30 additional dark figures of crimes arising from injury-deaths) were killed and 200 others maimed; which brings to not less than 480 killed and over 500 maimed or wounded in the entire killings and injuries between 30th August 2015 and 14th Sept 2017.

10. That it is therefore not correct for the respected UN Chief to have concluded that “the exact number of death remains unknown” rather, it is likely correct to say that ‘independent research sources (i.e. Nigeria’s Intersociety report) put the total deaths and injuries in the shootings and killings to not less than 480 and 500, respectively’.

11. Breakdown Of The Casualty Figures (From Intersociety Report): That not less than six (6) deaths were recorded in the 30th of August 2015 protests at Awka and Onitsha, nine (9) in the Uyo and Port Harcourt mega protests of 30th August 2015, twenty-five (25) in the 2nd and 17th December 2015 protest and jubilation killings at Onitsha Niger Bridgehead and environs.
Others are: fifteen (15) in the 18th and 29th January 2016 killings in Aba, thirty (30) in the 9th February 2016 massacre at Aba National High School, one hundred and ten (110) in the 29th and 30th May 2016 Biafra Heroes Day massacre at nkpor, Ogidi and Onitsha and thirty (30) in the Asaba spill over massacre of same 30th May 2016. The rest are: twenty (20) in the 20th January 2017 pro Trump Rally in Igweocha or Port Harcourt, 180 in the 12th and 14th September 2017 Army Python Dance 11 massacre in Aba, Asa-Ogwe, Isiala-Ngwa and Afara-Ukwu, all in Abia State; and sixty (60) deaths arising from those who later died of injuries and associated complications after being shot and critically injured by the military and the police, totalling 485 deaths.

12. That it is not only that the Nigerian Government refused and failed to treat the wounded in the killings, numbering over 500, but also dozens have died as a result of untreated injuries with dozens more crippled for life. It was also documented in the report how Nigerian security forces particularly police SARS and Army personnel invaded at late night and in broad day light the hospitals and clinic treating the wounded, disrupted their treatments and abducted them to unknown destinations, without traces till date. The wives and children of the victims have not only been abandoned by the Nigerian Government to wallow in abject poverty and deprived of education or access to same, but also the Government has refused and failed to offer commensurate compensations to the survivors including the wounded and nuclear family members of the slain.

13. Number And Names Of The Slain & The Injured Cited: That out of the not less than 480 death tolls cited, 110 names were mentioned including 16 lifeless bodies dumped in two burrow pits along Aba-Port Harcourt Road, Aba in February 2016 and four persons that later died in Dec 2015 of gunshot wounds at a Hospital (names withheld) at nkpor in December. The remaining 370 names, in addition to said sixteen lifeless bodies found in Aba-Port Harcourt Road burrow pits, constitute those killed and taken away or buried or dumped in undisclosed secret graves or sites by soldiers, police and other security personnel.

The referenced number of the slain and the maimed was credibly obtained from several sources including discreet hospital and mortuary sources, eyewitnesses and survivors as well as some concerned security officials who wish not to be named. Those pieces of credible information were obtained in the course of our field trips, scene of crime visits and general research-investigations, conducted between Dec 2015 and Dec 2018. It is our firm belief that the names and number of those killed or wounded will surge and be fully identified when the time is apt or appropriate for the constitution of panels or judicial commissions of enquiry by relevant government authorities or international inquiries by concerned international bodies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by dapolaw(m): 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
Leave them, they will never learn. Instead of me to cast my vote for southeastern I would rather sleep all day on that day.

GreatGod906:
just look at d way they are marketing him by insulting every tribe n her aspirants

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
GreatGod906:
u are calling us senseless n u want us to vote your candidate to show u we have sense Abi?

Just imagine marketing
I will continue to say the truth even if it doesn't work in Nigeria until you have sense...
Some of you only vote to spite others even when you are marketing a rotten product.
You will one day have sense. I don't have to be politically correct or become a sycophant to make you have sense.
It takes more disasters to restructure your kind of brain.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
Baawahala:

I will continue to say the truth even if it doesn't work in Nigeria until you have sense...
Some of you only vote to spite others even when you are marketing a rotten product.
You will one day have sense. I don't have to be politically correct or become a sycophant to make you have sense.
It takes more disasters to restructure your kind of brain.
let Peter obi go and govern the sense filled people of biafra,we Nigerians don't want him
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by oyatz(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
Odin13:
Obi is a presidential material..

Not that of the druggie .. that has paid and prepare his “ ambition “ .. now came out with Chicago paid idiot to position things for him

Tinubu can only fool Yoruba people with his qualifications and not Nigerians ..

We all saw him struggling with Gani . And same school rejecting him .. only for one idiot to collect 1 million dollar bribe.. and start singing.

He will soon be exposed ..

Obi.. I wish you the very best.. but power returns North

Mr Peter Obi seriously needs to warn people like you not to support him otherwise he will lose the support of many other Nigerians who could have supported him.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2022
GreatGod906:
let Peter obi go and govern the sense filled people of biafra,we Nigerians don't want him

Hahaha.... I know you are his hater...
But I tell you we,the sensible and detribalised Nigerians need him...
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by oyatz(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
proclinician:
Great man.. The only candidate tht can make me apply for PVC. However nigeria is cursed. The numerous poverty stricken and miserable bastards would rather vote in a man that ordered lekki shootings, a man that is so old and suffering from

X senile dementia

X senile cataract

X age related macular degeneration

X senile papilledema

X other degenerative conditions.

The cursed populace would rather vote in their oppressor that has been tearing them apart since 1999.

You people will be the greatest liabilities for Peter Obi.

You can't win more people to support your candidate by creating more enemies.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Baawahala:

Hahaha.... I know you are his hater...
But I tell you we,the sensible and detribalised Nigerians need him...
an igbo man can never become the president of nigeria,know that n know peace.

The northerners who u labelled as gworo chewing bastard will never vote u
The Muslims u hate with passion will never vote u
Don't even think of Yoruba votes
Don't forget wike is also eyeing vp to a northerner

Let's see if south east vote will make him president

U igbos never know wetin wan hit u,I will prefer to vote shekau than an igbo man
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Cj4charles(m): 6:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
Odogwu should declare, let me go and bring outbmy voters card for him

1 Like

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
GreatGod906:
an igbo man can never become the president of nigeria,know that n know peace.

The northerners who u labelled as gworo chewing bastard will never vote u
The Muslims u hate with passion will never vote u
Don't even think of Yoruba votes
Don't forget wike is also eyeing vp to a northerner

Let's see if south east vote will make him president

U igbos never know wetin wan hit u,I will prefer to vote shekau than an igbo man
Yes I know senseless people think the way you do...
You think we love you more than we love the S.East?...
At least we know the direction the Igbo man faces in the affairs of the nation,but for you guys, selfishness is your food, hate,is your watchword.
The day Igbo man becomes the president of this country, make sure you kill yourself okay...
That's the ranting of a nonentity. You hear Peter Obi, your mind flew out of the window,because of bigotry.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by chaloskyx: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2022
YES IT TAKES MONEY CORRUPTION AND POWER TO LEAD NIGERIA LIKE YOUR CANDIDATE TINUBU
donbachi:
It takes more than all the above listed to rule nigeria.

To rule nigeria.you MUST step on many toes.so,nigeria need a dogged leader with love for the masses.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by oyatz(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
winterfell007:

As I can Igbo guy, I'm forced to agree with you on this. I usually tell my fellow Igbo brethrens that we play terrible politics and that is what has caused us to be in political doldrums. Nnamdi Kanu came from no where and worsened Igbo's political situation. We are just reemerging from the Civil-War era and trying to rebuild our political base as Zik of Africa once did only for NK to destroy the foundation we painstakingly built over the years.
Peter Obi's intention to run for the presidential race is welcoming to all and sundry who are right-thinking members of the society, devoid of tribal, ethnic and parochial politics. But it's sad that Nigeria's politics is ethnic driven. But if things were to play out political right, there's no reason why Peter Obi can't emerge winner. Other viable candidates I consider would be Proffesor Osibanjo, but we have got some political healing to do first.

Peter Obi is not likely to win the primaries of the PDP ,not because of tribalism but because he has more formidable opponents who have really invested in the political processes far longer than him.
Re: 2023: Peter Obi Set To Join Presidential Race, Releases Portfolio by GreatGod906: 6:46pm On Jan 28, 2022
Baawahala:

Yes I know senseless people think the way you do...
You think we love you more than we love the S.East?...
At least we know the direction the Igbo man faces in the affairs of the nation,but for you guys, selfishness is your food, hate,is your watchword.
The day Igbo man becomes the president of this country, make sure you kill yourself okay...
That's the ranting of a nonentity. You hear Peter Obi, your mind flew out of the window,because of bigotry.
Peter obi that can't defeat fashola anywhere in NIGERIA
Peter obi dare not talk where wike n ouk is talking, have u ever asked yourself why he's yet to declare his ambition?
Atiku n wike will shut him down even b4 d primary.

B4 u can talk of me being scared,let him win pdp primary

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CCT Vs SARAKI: Numbers Of Senators Reduced S.R / Jonathan Makes ‘last Minute’ Cancellation Of Aso Rock Trip / Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.