Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Secret To Success In Catfish Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Secret To Success In Catfish Business (396 Views)

Catfish Business / How To Make 80% Profit From Catfish Business / The Catfish Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Secret To Success In Catfish Business by lokobyforch(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2022
Am a farmer and I'm sure this is certainly the right time to share my experience as I know must of us will want to begin the year with great plans and executions, without further Ado let me begin by enumerating keys to success in catfish farming;
1. Capital- don't let anyone sweet talk you to assuming that cat fish farming is cheap, minimum capital required is 3million Naira.

2. Management- you have to be personally involved, u can get someone to put you through not someone to help you manage.

3. Location- catfish business does not strive equally in all parts of the country, be wise.

4. Market- this is essential if you want to succeed and live off your proceeds, be wise.

5. Water- my dear if you can't sink a borehole or get a pump(for earthen ponds) don't bother.

6. Power- u gat buy generator and ready to dey put fuel daily.

7. Drainage- don't bother using soak away, it will not last, channel your water appropriately if not na you and ministry of environment go dey do court waka.

8. Ponds- plastic, tarpaulin or earthen ponds are good but if you are considering 30,000 capacity and above I recommend you go with earthen ponds.

Wishing you all the best, feel free to ask anything with regards to fish farming and business.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Buying Culled Pigs. Big Boar, sow and barrow (100+kg) / Urgent Sales To Egg Farmers / Any Farm Work Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.