Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. (18063 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ok
mukthar2000:
If that ur uncle would be sincere with u after the 2years to sponsored ur education is better u japaa ooo, use ur brain pls

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yes pls...
cococandy:
He can afford a nanny. Why does he need you? Suspicious
Edited. You said he only wants a blood relative. Guess that makes sense
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by timio: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
I doubt if your uncle is truly a doctor in USA he claims to be and even owns a clinic/hospital there cos at that status he's definitely rich and getting a nanny shouldn't be a problem. I'll truly advice you do background checks on him very well before you jump on the offer while you must have started your nursing school.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by PETERSHOR(m): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Instead of being confused by people's responses, why can't you take your case to the King of Kings.
John 14:6 – “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.” All of man's questions of life are answered in this verse.
This can make you in life if you follow God's will.
Shalom!
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by metalgear11(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
timio:
I doubt if your uncle is truly a doctor in USA he claims to be and even owns a clinic/hospital there cos at that status he's definitely rich and getting a nanny shouldn't be a problem. I'll truly advice you do background checks on him very well before you jump on the offer while you must have started your nursing school.

Doctors make mad bank in the US yes. It's one of the professions that earn the top dollars. He can afford a nanny easily. Why he would need OP to come babysit for two years is really suspicious.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Ndaife: 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Please my sister want to study nursing, I'm really confused cos I don't know if studying the course in University better than the nursing schools we have around.
Please what's the difference between d nursing degree earned in University and the ones earned in the Nursing schools.
I really need a guide here please

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Raychee(f): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
Honey, no rude intentions but spell "THANK" properly. My OCD is triggered seeing 'tank you' concurrently grin

By the way i think it's more reasonable to study nursing here. That way, you have control over your life and would not have to be scared of the unknown. Goodluck kiss

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by frozen70(f): 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
I recently graduated from the university and i got admission in school of nursing here in Nigeria.

I have an uncle who is based in USA and he wants me to come over to USA and take care of his child for two yrs.After two yrs,he will sponsor me to any school of my choice n within the two yrs,i will be doing part time program.

I will be 25yrs this year.

Should i continue with my nursing school which will be resuming on April or accept the offer.I am in a dilemna.

Pls advice me.
Mod pls help move it to front page .Thanks all

I will advise you move to it USA, stay there and look after the child in a most caring manner

You will be compensated by his sponsorship and because he knows that you studying nursing over there will benefit his child and the entire family

Pls accept the offer to travel out, it's your future that is being prepared

What if you ignore and go to school of nursing and you may not get the chance to go abroad again

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by kwaso2: 9:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
It's a win win for you. Travel to the US. In few years, you will not regret the decision. For most, it's a dream come true.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Cousin9999: 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
linearity:

Again, no one is encouraging her to flee even if there is war.....I was just trying to project a moderated level playing narratives.

FYI:
Nothing guarantees her a legal status in the US, not even her Nursing degree.

No, it doesn't guarantee her anything, but neither does an uncle she doesn't even know. She has a better chance at a good life banking on nursing. She can also go to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. If she's willing to tough it out in remote areas, she can opt to do short-term contracts abroad, make a ton of money, and stay in Nigeria living like royalty and only working a few months out of the year. The bottom line is nursing gives her options. The "uncle" is just a user who could compromise her future.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Cousin9999: 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
If you decide to go, please protect yourself any way you can. Educate yourself about legal options, protection, and any social resources in the area you'll be living. Also, try to ensure you're a legal immigrant. And make sure you have resources to fly home.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Lavisha(f): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
bigpicture001:

It's a big fat lie.. nurses are hungry like a bricklayer
That one na Akpako Nurse
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Lavisha(f): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
99thEnemy:

E no go better for you..

Na your type we the here say European coast guards the try rescue after boat capsize while trying to illegally migrate from Africa to Europe via the waters.. Then later hear how you are in an illegal immigrant detention camp waiting for liaison with your government to be deported back to the shit hole from where you came. grin

Your father!
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Adapapaokoye: 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
Alexylas:
Your uncle has a lot at stake being a medical doctor. I doubt if he’ll misbehave. He’s also taking a risk by inviting you. USA is not Nigeria.

Lol
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by aseju: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Obviously, the Uncle wants to use you as a baby sitter and may OR may not fulfill his promise. Cases like yours abound in US that the babysitters were in bondage. Good chance with the Nursing education to cross over to US or UK, where Nurses are in demand. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by stephenponti(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
Seriously dat is my fear...i dnt wat to go now n story will change.My main plan was to enter UK after nursing school.

Follow your plan, uncles wife can instigate issues that will turn the good heart of your uncle anticlockwise.

Your nursing certificate is a gateway to any where in the world. be wise. After you are certified as a nurse revert back to your uncle to process your exit from the shit hole called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Poleski: 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2022
Blissbath:
I recently graduated from the university and i got admission in school of nursing here in Nigeria.

I have an uncle who is based in USA and he wants me to come over to USA and take care of his child for two yrs.After two yrs,he will sponsor me to any school of my choice n within the two yrs,i will be doing part time program.

I will be 25yrs this year.

Should i continue with my nursing school which will be resuming on April or accept the offer.I am in a dilemna.

Pls advice me.
Mod pls help move it to front page .Thanks all

I know a few nurses today who are owed many arrears in salary and are poor. If you really trust your uncle, then take his offer, but make sure he'll not give you an ordinary visa.

Make sure it's a permanent residence visa (green card). This will help you find your way comfortably (and not be deported) if he fails to fulfill his promise.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by bigpicture001: 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
Lavisha:

That one na Akpako Nurse

How much do u think is the average pay for nurses in Nigeria is private hospital..?
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by bigpicture001: 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ndaife:
Please my sister want to study nursing, I'm really confused cos I don't know if studying the course in University better than the nursing schools we have around.
Please what's the difference between d nursing degree earned in University and the ones earned in the Nursing schools.

Nursing skl gives u OND and University gives u BSc..
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by metalgear11(m): 12:06am On Feb 02, 2022
Poleski:

I know a few nurses today who are owed many arrears in salary and are poor. If you really trust your uncle, then take his offer, but make sure he'll not give you an ordinary visa.

Make sure it's a permanent residence visa (green card). This will help you find your way comfortably (and not be deported) if he fails to fulfill his promise.

You guys are funny with your statements grin grin grin. How do you expect the uncle to "give" her the Green card? You can't file for just anyone you want, most especially if the person is not a direct relative. Green cards are not handed to you just on the basis of "he's my uncle, she's my niece" situations.

Besides, let's say he's even able to, green cards processing takes time, especially since she's an adult. It's not a "you apply today and get it tomorrow" thing. It sometimes takes up to five years. The only way she can get a quick green card(timeline up to 2 years) is if she gets an employer who will file for her, or if she can prove that she has extraordinary ability in certain fields.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by EbonyCy(f): 12:35am On Feb 02, 2022
Op.... congratulations on your admission..pls go to that nursing school maka had I known...Uncle can disappoint you tomorrow...
Btw which school of nursing did u get admitted in,I'm also seeking for admission
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Webstar2810(m): 2:52am On Feb 02, 2022
horlahsunbo225:

Come to USA
Apply for post grad or community college and change your status

But the issue I'm having is how easy will it be for your uncle to bring you in thru nanny visa or whatever
bros u mean one can come to the USA by visiting and have his/ her visa status change by going for post grad or community college ?
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Unrated900(m): 3:37am On Feb 02, 2022
Lavisha:
Hey,

Your bro is a LIAR.
You may end up as a nanny forever.

Go to Nursing School, nurses are making it big time Nowadays.

Is ending up been a nanny in America
Not better than been a banker here in Nigeria
Wetin u Dey talk self....
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:38am On Feb 02, 2022
Tanks
Poleski:

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:39am On Feb 02, 2022
Tank uu
stephenponti:

Follow your plan, uncles wife can instigate issues that will turn the good heart of your uncle anticlockwise.

Your nursing certificate is a gateway to any where in the world. be wise. After you are certified as a nurse revert back to your uncle to process your exit from the shit hole called Nigeria
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:46am On Feb 02, 2022
Tank uu
PETERSHOR:
Instead of being confused by people's responses, why can't you take your case to the King of Kings.
John 14:6 – “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.” All of man's questions of life are answered in this verse.
This can make you in life if you follow God's will.
Shalom!
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:47am On Feb 02, 2022
Let her go to d university if she is still young.
Ndaife:
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:50am On Feb 02, 2022
Thank you..lol,it makes me type fasting
Raychee:
Honey, no rude intentions but spell "THANK" properly. My OCD is triggered seeing 'tank you' concurrently grin

By the way i think it's more reasonable to study nursing here. That way, you have control over your life and would not have to be scared of the unknown. Goodluck kiss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:52am On Feb 02, 2022
I really appreciate
Cousin9999:
If you decide to go, please protect yourself any way you can. Educate yourself about legal options, protection, and any social resources in the area you'll be living. Also, try to ensure you're a legal immigrant. And make sure you have resources to fly home.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:53am On Feb 02, 2022
Thank you
aseju:
Obviously, the Uncle wants to use you as a baby sitter and may OR may not fulfill his promise. Cases like yours abound in US that the babysitters were in bondage. Good chance with the Nursing education to cross over to US or UK, where Nurses are in demand. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. by Blissbath(f): 4:58am On Feb 02, 2022
Son amachara,Abia state.We have been communicating on whatsapp .This is Nduke
EbonyCy:
Op.... congratulations on your admission..pls go to that nursing school maka had I known...Uncle can disappoint you tomorrow...
Btw which school of nursing did u get admitted in,I'm also seeking for admission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) / Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Berger, Lagos (Photos) / In Gombe, Van Kills 12 Children During Maulud Procession (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.