Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Good Skills To Learn - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Good Skills To Learn (1210 Views)

Most Important Digital Skills To Acquire In 2022 / Digital And Tech Skills To Learn In 2022 / Creative Skills To Improve Your Essay Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Skills To Learn by gbengaoyeladun(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2022
Please help a brother, as this year is going, am planning to learn a skill in IT. I just graduated as a computer science student. Which skills is in high demand that I can learn pls.
Re: Good Skills To Learn by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
Na wa o. You spent 4 years on a computer science degree only to come and ask this on nairaland and here I am thinking all computer science students are automatic coding wizards.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Skills To Learn by The5DME(m): 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Na wa o. You spent 4 years on a computer science degree only to come and ask this on nairaland and here I am thinking all computer science students are automatic coding wizards.
When they're being taught programming on the board grin.

2 Likes

Re: Good Skills To Learn by Stephen0mozzy: 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hehe... Boss you by talk this one o. Shey we all know say they don't teach jack about it skills a comp science student should know.... Anybody that knows anything, most certainly sought for knowledge outside the curriculum of school.

I'm a computer science student too... But none of the little I know came from the four walls

1 Like

Re: Good Skills To Learn by Stephen0mozzy: 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
gbengaoyeladun:
Please help a brother, as this year is going, am planning to learn a skill in IT. I just graduated as a computer science student. Which skills is in high demand that I can learn pls.

All IT jobs are high in demand... Research thw one in line with your passion then get so good at it that you'll be hot cake... But are you ready to give it high commitment too

1 Like

Re: Good Skills To Learn by gbengaoyeladun(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

All IT jobs are high in demand... Research thw one in line with your passion then get so good at it that you'll be hot cake... But are you ready to give it high commitment too

Thanks bro...am looking at data science
Re: Good Skills To Learn by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Nigerian universities should really start refunding every single graduate they’ve produced their tuition from 100level to final year. angry
CS grads from sane countries will make you regret not studying CS but in Nigeria they ask questions like this angry
Re: Good Skills To Learn by spartan117(m): 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
Rgade:

Nigerian universities should really start refunding every single graduate they’ve produced their tuition from 100level to final year. angry
CS grads from sane countries will make you regret not studying CS but in Nigeria they ask questions like this angry
Actually it's not a Nigerian issue, most CS grads around the world can't code. In a class of 50 students you can find only 10 that have an idea about coding, and just 5 that can actually write code to solve issues.

I've stumbled upon some discussions on Quora about this issue and brother no be only Naija get am.
Re: Good Skills To Learn by thanksjosh005: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2022
gbengaoyeladun:
After graduating from college? Son, you need a career mentor undecided
Re: Good Skills To Learn by Connectedtodata: 8:12am On Jan 30, 2022
There are many skills to learn...to those saying rubbish, Nigeria school is just for theory they will not teach you what you need to emerge in life...
Re: Good Skills To Learn by Naijatask: 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Connectedtodata:
There are many skills to learn...to those saying rubbish, Nigeria school is just for theory they will not teach you what you need to emerge in life...

And here I was, thinking of getting a second degree in computer science just because I wanted to fulfill my dream of being a computer scientist undecided . E go be, I dy go run masters in computer science like that cheesy
Re: Good Skills To Learn by gbengaoyeladun(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
Naijatask:

And here I was, thinking of getting a second degree in computer science just because I wanted to fulfill my dream of being a computer scientist undecided . E go be, I dy go run masters in computer science like that cheesy

Learn skill bro....those nigga calling sch will just collect your money and give you what someone that has waec design as certificate and give it to you...lol
Re: Good Skills To Learn by T0BY(m): 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
As a CS student, There's no gainsaying that the school will only expose you to the basics after which you're to figure out the rest. It's been this way as far as Naija tertiary institution is concerned. That's why studying in naija or in abroad cannot be the same.
Re: Good Skills To Learn by nnekabincom: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Make a research on the different fields and all it entails, then you'll find one that interests you.
Re: Good Skills To Learn by nnekabincom: 8:55am On Feb 28, 2022
There are different fields in tech now, you need to do your research to know the one that suits you. We have the coding fields like:
Frontend and Backend Development
Mobile app Development etc.
Also the non coding fields like:
Project mgt
Product mgt
digital marketing etc.

there's a programme that offers the opportunity to gain tech skills, experience and exposure in any of these fields. to find out more visit https:///6ueLmAt89U and you'll get a response in 24 hours with next steps.

All the best.

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Termux Error Process Completed Signal 9 / About Vb 6.0 / Html And Css Coding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.