Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. (3044 Views)

Someone Explain This Ijaw Niger Delta Map For Ijaws Alone[pic] / Why What Is Good For Ijaws Should Also Be Good For Others. By IBANGA ISINE / Man Suggests Fishing Areas(RUFA) Be Established For Ijaws In Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by Ojiofor: 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Who

Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by JANK23H(m): 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
ThickSharon123:

As a man thinketh so is he....you've heard the dictum.
if you have you will know what I'm trying to say.

SHOOSH!

1 Like

Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2022
ThickSharon123:

This is funny, tell any Igbo person, someone from Abakaliki can understand someone from Ikwere. Some Igbos say Mmanu NRI, others say Mmanu Mmli, it's still the same thing. But when an Igbo from Anioma or the West talk still understand. There's only a slight alteration of sentences which isn't that excessive like we have in Ijaw areas or the supposed Ibani areas.

The question now lies, can an Ijaw person understand perfectly the Ibani language? And the answer is no.

But someone from Abakaliki can understand someone from Igbnake. There may be slight differences in which the Igbo person would still tell the person from Igbanke to tell him the sentence that was left out, and he would describe it for him.

However, the central dialect of all Igbos has made it easy for all Igbo states and it's variable clans to understand each other that's why they do.

A great part of Isoko believes they originated from Igbo land, but you don't see Igbos saying the share language or practice with them. Because they are unintelligible to them. But Ijaws are different, and use assimailition and force a language on peeple which isn't right. You can't force a person a language, that is the heigh of silliness, rather you give the person the avenue and time to learn ONLY if such person wants to learn.

So, the simple answer is: Yes all Igbos understand the central Igbo dialect 99.9 percent.
You can imagine this fallacy.
I stoped reading that poo on the third line.
I grew up around Igbo women,
I schooled in a university in Igbo land, and my lodgemates were all igbo students except one igala guy.
I had an abakiliki neighbor who brought 6 other abakiliki students to squat and God have mercy, they speak their Language and laugh out loud to the point that it irritates the landlord and his wife who were umuahia people.
The Enugu and imo students too laugh and make caricature on the abakiliki people..
You don't know what you're saying..
Get lost.. foreigner.
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by ThickSharon123(f): 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2022
Anonymous15:

You can imagine this fallacy.
I stoped reading that poo on the third line.
I grew up around Igbo women,
I schooled in a university in Igbo land, and my lodgemates were all igbo students except one igala guy.
I had an abakiliki neighbor who brought 6 other abakiliki students to squat and God have mercy, they speak their Language and laugh out loud to the point that it irritates the landlord and his wife who were umuahia people.
The Enugu and imo students too laugh and make caricature on the abakiliki people..
You don't know what you're saying..
Get lost.. foreigner.

Well, it's lie. All Igbos understand each other. I could see the lie railing in your post. You've met all the whole south east states grin

There is God ooooo...
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 30, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Well, it's lie. All Igbos understand each other. I could see the lie railing in your post. You've met all the whole south east states grin

There is God ooooo...
I swear on my balls I ain't lieng.
All igbos do not understand each other.
Even the ABRIBA man Language is strange.
My diploma and bachelor degree days were in the east, so I know the east like the back of my palm.
I am even typing currently from the east but I ain't going to disclose the location for security reasons.
If you doubt, I could invite you.
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by DitariDisciple2: 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2022
Ijaw Land carries all Ijaw Land, and not just the politically created Bayelsa state.
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by Ngorbungor(m): 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2022
Ojiofor:

Founders of ASABA didnt come from West.Nnebisi is not from West but from the East.
I wonder what book you are reading.

My brother I weak ooooo, how Asaba take concern Yoruba?

Nairaland is full of surprise
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by ThickSharon123(f): 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
Anonymous15:

I swear on my balls I ain't lieng.
All igbos do not understand each other.
Even the ABRIBA man Language is strange.
My diploma and bachelor degree days were in the east, so I know the east like the back of my palm.
I am even typing currently from the east but I ain't going to disclose the location for security reasons.
If you doubt, I could invite you.

You don't and swearing on your make genitals wouldn't adds anything. It only shows your desperateness in lying. Check out Igbo 3000 BC on Facebook and see how Igbos communicate with each other. They have few variety when it comes to certian words spoken, unlike Ijaw dear.

In essence, I swear to God, that Igbos understand 99.9 percent words they speak with each other. And I'm not swearing on my female genitals but the true God.
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
ThickSharon123:

You don't and swearing on your make genitals wouldn't adds anything. It only shows your desperateness in lying. Check out Igbo 3000 BC on Facebook and see how Igbos communicate with each other. They have few variety when it comes to certian words spoken, unlike Ijaw dear.

In essence, I swear to God, that Igbos understand 99.9 percent words they speak with each other. And I'm not swearing on my female genitals but the true God.
Ok.
Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by ijawcitizen(m): 11:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
My Ijo brothers, I greet you all.
A mie ka'm
A mie ba'm

I am an old timer on Nairaland and I stopped responding to these lunatic, hollow headed, ignorance relishing, deranged and desperate igbo irrendentists and irritants on Nairaland but pls permit me to drop one of my old bombs from yester years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/why-we-dont-speak-igbo-at-our-meetings-ohanaeze/

Former National Secretary of Ohanaeze, Professor Ben Nwabueze, SAN, who spoke, lamented that Ndigbo do not speak the Igbo language to themselves because most of them were promoting their various dialects instead of speaking the central Igbo. There are as many Igbo dialects as there are communities.

Nwabueze, who spoke at an Igbo language programme organized by the Igbo Youth Movement, IYM, for secondary school students in Enugu, said that Ohanaeze Ndigbo once decided that its meetings and activities would be conducted in Igbo, but this did not work because there were several Igbo dialects spoken in various parts of Igbo nation unlike Hausa or Yoruba which had acceptable central language.

“We once said at an Ohanaeze meeting that all our meetings would be conducted in Igbo because we realized that our language was dying, but this did not work. The first day we decided that we must speak Igbo in our meetings, the late governor of Anambra State, Chief C. C. Onoh spoke his own brand of WAWA Igbo.

“Onoh spoke at length and most people did not understand what he was saying. Every other person spoke his own dialect and at the end, nobody spoke Igbo again at Ohanaeze because none of us understood one another’s dialect,” he said.

Also contributing, the former Registrar of the West African Examinations Council, WAEC, and now traditional ruler, Professor Chukwuemeka Ike, blamed the inability of Ndigbo to speak Igbo on the missionaries who established schools in Igbo land.

Ike said that when he went to the then Government College, Umuahia in the present Abia State, it was an offence to speak Igbo in the school premises.

“When I went to Government College, it was an offence to speak Igbo in the school then. When I left the college, I travelled overseas for further studies. Writers should publish their books in both English and Igbo languages …,” he added. Also speaking, the former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, said that Igbo language should not be allowed to die.

On why Ndigbo do not speak their language, Ekwueme said that this was because, “English language is a predator to Igbo,” just as Hausa is the predator to Angas, spoken by the former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon’s people.

“Gowon’s father was the leader of his people in the Anglican Church. The Bible was first translated to Angas language, but nobody read it because Hausa is predator to Angas. Igbo Bible is not read because English is the predator to Igbo.

“The Hausa Bible which was translated after the Angas Bible is widely read, but that of the Angas did not sell,” he said. John Okafor, aka Ibu, an actor, also lamented that the average “Igbo child cannot tell you where he comes from. He will tell you that his/her father has not told him the name of his village. This is not good. We must speak our language,” Ibu said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by JANK23H(m): 11:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
Anonymous15:

Ok.
Fantastic response!

Let her wallow in her stupidity.

She is obviously an attention seeker who didn't open the thread to learn anything.

1 Like

Re: This Is For Ijaws. Please Answer These Questions. by JANK23H(m): 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
ijawcitizen:
My Ijo brothers, I greet you all.
A mie ka'm
A mie ba'm

I am an old timer on Nairaland and I stopped responding to these lunatic, hollow headed, ignorance relishing, deranged and desperate igbo irrendentists and irritants on Nairaland but pls permit me to drop one of my old bombs from yester years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/why-we-dont-speak-igbo-at-our-meetings-ohanaeze/

Former National Secretary of Ohanaeze, Professor Ben Nwabueze, SAN, who spoke, lamented that Ndigbo do not speak the Igbo language to themselves because most of them were promoting their various dialects instead of speaking the central Igbo. There are as many Igbo dialects as there are communities.

Nwabueze, who spoke at an Igbo language programme organized by the Igbo Youth Movement, IYM, for secondary school students in Enugu, said that Ohanaeze Ndigbo once decided that its meetings and activities would be conducted in Igbo, but this did not work because there were several Igbo dialects spoken in various parts of Igbo nation unlike Hausa or Yoruba which had acceptable central language.

“We once said at an Ohanaeze meeting that all our meetings would be conducted in Igbo because we realized that our language was dying, but this did not work. The first day we decided that we must speak Igbo in our meetings, the late governor of Anambra State, Chief C. C. Onoh spoke his own brand of WAWA Igbo.

“Onoh spoke at length and most people did not understand what he was saying. Every other person spoke his own dialect and at the end, nobody spoke Igbo again at Ohanaeze because none of us understood one another’s dialect,” he said.

Also contributing, the former Registrar of the West African Examinations Council, WAEC, and now traditional ruler, Professor Chukwuemeka Ike, blamed the inability of Ndigbo to speak Igbo on the missionaries who established schools in Igbo land.

Ike said that when he went to the then Government College, Umuahia in the present Abia State, it was an offence to speak Igbo in the school premises.

“When I went to Government College, it was an offence to speak Igbo in the school then. When I left the college, I travelled overseas for further studies. Writers should publish their books in both English and Igbo languages …,” he added. Also speaking, the former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, said that Igbo language should not be allowed to die.

On why Ndigbo do not speak their language, Ekwueme said that this was because, “English language is a predator to Igbo,” just as Hausa is the predator to Angas, spoken by the former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon’s people.

“Gowon’s father was the leader of his people in the Anglican Church. The Bible was first translated to Angas language, but nobody read it because Hausa is predator to Angas. Igbo Bible is not read because English is the predator to Igbo.

“The Hausa Bible which was translated after the Angas Bible is widely read, but that of the Angas did not sell,” he said. John Okafor, aka Ibu, an actor, also lamented that the average “Igbo child cannot tell you where he comes from. He will tell you that his/her father has not told him the name of his village. This is not good. We must speak our language,” Ibu said.
Binaowei mbana.

I've been here since 2011, and observed from the sidelines how you tried without success to educate these Oporopos.

My response sometimes is for the sake of the neutrals here so they don't get twisted information.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibo Think We Hate Them But The Tribe You Called Brother Are Your Problems. / Israel Special Envoy Alina Katan Join Simon Ekpa In Finland Helsinki Summit / Hizbollah In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.