Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Best Nigerian Christian Films Of All Time (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Nigerian Christian Films Of All Time (pics) (723 Views)

How Jesus Greeted People Of His Time (pics) / Meet The Notorious Drug Baron Of All Time (pics) / Buhari Sacks Tor Ujah Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Commission Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Christian Films Of All Time (pics) by istina: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2022
This is my list of Top 10 Nigerian Christian Films of all time

10. O TI GAN PA(ALFA SULE)
The movie was a hit back then not just in the Christian circuit but, it cut across to all and sundry because of its’ moral lessons for all. This movie that came from the stable of CHRIST CHOSEN VESSEL DANCE DRAMA MINISTRY was actually the movie that brought Ayo Ajewole now known as WOLI AGBA to limelight and was equally produced by his elder brother Femi Ajewole The movie wasn’t just unique for its’ time because of its’ morals but also, for the way and manner it passed across the message of Jesus Christ even through comic relief yet; without watering down the gospel. I think our so called ‘nowadays Christian comedians’ need to learn from these guys.

09. DESTINY FOR SALE
A powerful movie from the stable of EVOM FILMS and produced by Sola Mike-Agboola, DESTINY FOR SALE is a film to watch for all but especially for the youths. It addresses issues such as peer pressure, cultism, and indecision, among several issues but above all that one’s destiny is too great a thing and should never be gambled with. You need to see this movie if you’ve not.

08. KEMBE ISONU (Series)
This wonderful piece from Femi Adebile’s PREM FILM PRODUCTION INTERNATIONAL is an epic film that deals with the battles between the power of God and the powers of darkness. It showcases the potency and the triumph of the word of God over the kingdom of darkness. If you enjoyed AGBARA NLA you will definitely fall in love with this.

07. NIGBA KAN RI/ONCE UPON A TIME
‘Let anyone that thinketh he standeth take heed less he falls’ is the summary of this blockbuster from Sola Mike-Agboola of EVOMS FILMS. This is a must watch for every believer and non-belier as well but especially children of God who want to avoid the pitfall of GRACE TO GRASS due to the self-delusion of ‘Past Glory’.

06. EGUN AIMO/UNKNOWN CURSE
Most EVOMS FILMS usually come out with timely messages for that era or period of time and this is one of such. This movie that came out in the late ‘90s is one of Sola Mike-Agbola’s flicks that has the right message for the right time; to expose the secrets of satan to the children of God that they may know the truth that will set them free.

05. AGBARA NLA/ THE ULTIMATE POWER (Series)
This film needs no introduction in the Christian genre, It is a master in its’ own class – a MASTERCLASS. ‘Brewed’ at MOUNT ZION FAITH MININISTRY by the grandmaster himself Mike Bamiloye, in 1992. The film graphically depicts the victory of the power of Christ over the evil powers of darkness. The film had great influence and impact on almost all back then in the ‘90s that characters such as ISHAWURU, ARO-META, AYAMATANGA, etc. were songs on the lips of even fuji musicians.

04. THE GODS ARE DEAD
This is one of my best MOUNT ZION movies of all time. Talk about a movie that advertised the Almightiness of God over the impotency and even the death of the idol gods (according to its’ title). Directed by Elvon Jarret and released in the year 2000, the movie is deeply rich both in culture and scriptures; colourful in costumes and powerful in messages. Mike Bamiloye used this movie to introduce to us characters such as ALAJOGUN, ILEPA OSU, GBEMOSANLE, ORISA AGBONGBON, etc. The all-time best performance of Bro Israel Ore-Adewole is seen in this movie as the chief priest of the land of BODE AJUWON

03. LAND OF FURY
This to me is the best MOUNT ZION movie in modern times. Superbly crafted by the younger generation of the ministry in 2018 with the Midas touch of Damilola, Joshua and Darasimi Mike-Bamiloye; the movie has come to take its’ place among the best classics of all time. It deals with some of the harsh realities of Nigeria today, especially the northern part of the country where kidnapping, banditry and terrorism is the order of the day. The movie is uniquely different and breaks away from the traditional MOUNT ZION movies that the world is used to and the message is so touching that it could bring tears to your eyes

02. LOST FOREVER
The first MOUNT ZION full movie that I ever saw remains my best of all their movies. Released in 1991, this movie did not only touched souls but it actually changed my life for good for ever. The movie is a total dramatic expression of Matthew 8:36 ‘what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and loses his soul’. The movie is too powerful to explain with few lines, you need to watch it to experience it.

01. LIFE FOR LIFE
Call it great, wonderful, impactful, powerful, touching and you will still be far from the best description of this EVOM FILMS mastercraft. The story of the movie was so popular back then that, before I watched it I used to think it was a storyline of some foreign Christian movie. Produced in 1991, the movie was very impactful back then that mere hearing the storyline told at crusades by revivalists won countless souls for Christ even without seeing the movie. It tells the story of two twin brothers, one is bad and a thief; the other is born again and good. Eventually, the good one had to take the place of the bad one in death so that his bad brother would not die and go to hell fire. This Sola Mike-Agoola movie is perhaps the greatest salvation story ever told in motion pictures.

Re: Best Nigerian Christian Films Of All Time (pics) by mandarin: 3:50pm On Jan 30, 2022
Lifefor Life made me cry. Agbara Nla glorified God for his power and taught us obedience
Re: Best Nigerian Christian Films Of All Time (pics) by slimghost(m): 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2022
Perilous times. Baba ishawuru is not there? You are not serious.
Ayamatanga!!
Re: Best Nigerian Christian Films Of All Time (pics) by Winner90: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2022
It's difficult to say what make a 'Christian film' but the person who was known for such movies was Helen Ukpabio and her 'Infinity films'. END OF THE WICKED, WASTED YEARS and HIGHWAY TO THE GRAVE were hit Gospel movies.
Like I said there were a whole lot of nollywood classics where prayer was used to resolve conflict in the end. Such as THE PRIZE, NARROW ESCAPE, SUICIDE MISSION, HOUR OF GRACE, IZAGA etc
Movie like A CRY FOR HELP has it's soundtrack making it as a regular gospel song.

(1) (Reply)

Dennis Idahosa "Ambushed" By Overjoyed Residents As He Inspects Projects / Anambra People Are Xenophobic / APC Not Decided Yet On Zoning Presidency – Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.